You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Forum

Star Magazine (Apr 9th) - Monochrome dresses
Moderators: Admin, Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Aisleyne -> Aisleyne's Press CoverageMessage format

maringo
Posted 3/4/2007 17:20 (#9744)
Subject: Star Magazine (Apr 9th) - Monochrome dresses

Aisleyne appears on p57 in the Trendspotter section of this week's Star magazine. It's the Pangaea zebra print dress which is apparently part of a monochrome dress trend. Aisleyne is joined on the page by Cameron Diaz and Lindsay Lohan.

The magazine encourage you to take a leaf out of Aisleyne's book and wear the cheaper version that Lipsy sell.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
remaha
Posted 3/4/2007 17:45 (#9751 - in reply to #9744)
Subject: RE: Star Magazine (Apr 9th)

Executive Member

maringo - 3/4/2007 17:20

Aisleyne appears on p57 in the Trendspotter section of this week's Star magazine. It's the Pangaea zebra print dress which is apparently part of a monochrome dress trend. Aisleyne is joined on the page by Cameron Diaz and Lindsay Lohan.

The magazine encourage you to take a leaf out of Aisleyne's book and wear the cheaper version that Lipsy sell.

Maringo, I worry about you sometimes. You bandy fashion retailers such as Lipsy around in your posts with such insouciance, I wonder whether you shop there yourself? Perhaps you could let the non-cross-dressing fraternity, know who Lipsy are? I have never heard of them.

Edited by remaha 3/4/2007 17:47
maringo
Posted 3/4/2007 17:57 (#9752 - in reply to #9751)

remaha - 3/4/2007 17:45 Maringo, I worry about you sometimes. You bandy fashion retailers such as Lipsy around in your posts with such insouciance, I wonder whether you shop there yourself? Perhaps you could let the non-cross-dressing fraternity, know who Lipsy are? I have never heard of them.

Don't make out like you've never experienced the thrill of wearing a tight dress and stockings. Just give in to your urges and visit this website...

http://www.lipsy.co.uk/

remaha
Posted 3/4/2007 18:00 (#9754 - in reply to #9752)

Executive Member

maringo - 3/4/2007 17:57
remaha - 3/4/2007 17:45 Maringo, I worry about you sometimes. You bandy fashion retailers such as Lipsy around in your posts with such insouciance, I wonder whether you shop there yourself? Perhaps you could let the non-cross-dressing fraternity, know who Lipsy are? I have never heard of them.

Don't make out like you've never experienced the thrill of wearing a tight dress and stockings. Just give in to your urges and visit this website...

Sounds like an admission of guilt on your part Maringo!

I shall keep my counsel

Edited by remaha 3/4/2007 18:01
maringo
Posted 3/4/2007 18:04 (#9756 - in reply to #9754)

remaha - 3/4/2007 18:00

I shall keep my counsel

All men do it, don't they?

Anyway, here's the link to the dress itself...

http://www.lipsy.co.uk/cart/product_details.cfm?id=3930

Odm
Posted 3/4/2007 18:17 (#9758 - in reply to #9754)

maringo - 3/4/2007 17:57

I shall keep my counsel

Dont worry Rem, we all know that Maringo is a little...risque..thats what makes him a laugh..LOL. but Lipsy is a big fashion name...and it would not really be such a surprise that Maringo would know that. I think you are probably not a fashion seeker? So dont worry, most people ar,nt its just these little high flyers like Maringo who like to be savvy and rub your nose in it...hurhurhur.....
Odm
Posted 3/4/2007 18:19 (#9759 - in reply to #9756)

maringo - 3/4/2007 18:04

I shall keep my counsel

All men do it, don't they?

Anyway, here's the link to the dress itself...

http://www.lipsy.co.uk/cart/product_details.cfm?id=3930

I have just had a look at that dress...got to be honest and say its very 60's ..if you put a pair of white high patent boots with it then fashion has just gone full circle and not many would disagree with me who knows fashion from over the years...however, I think its a nice dress for Ais and Imo and some young girls, I would,nt wear it as more and more the material they are using for dresses reminds me of curtains...and its just a phase the designers are going through right now....
remaha
Posted 3/4/2007 19:25 (#9769 - in reply to #9744)

Executive Member

I thought you were about to reveal some real secrets about the risque Maringo for a minute there ODM.

Invite any red-blooded British male to a fancy dress party, and he'll turn up in women's clothing. It's a British obsession which probably derives from our love of panto dames. Ahhh, that's the image I now have of Maringo . . . .  

As for women playing the part of Peter Pan, and the like . . don't get me started   

maringo
Posted 3/4/2007 22:40 (#9780 - in reply to #9744)
Subject: Re: Star Magazine (Apr 9th)

I just thought I'd remind people that Aisleyne is actually being praised for her fashion sense in a celebrity magazine. A cause for celebration I would've thought. Or has the shocking news stunned most of you into silence?
ofni
Posted 3/4/2007 22:54 (#9783 - in reply to #9780)

maringo - 3/4/2007 22:40

I just thought I'd remind people that Aisleyne is actually being praised for her fashion sense in a celebrity magazine. A cause for celebration I would've thought. Or has the shocking news stunned most of you into silence?

By no means maringo. I've been pondering the "reasons to be cheerful" right across the board from the last couple of week's magazine and online coverage and wondering how and where to summarise and post it. Food, fashion, glamour, redcarpet papshots, etc etc it's the scale, range and variety of the coverage that I find very encouraging for Aisleyne. I said I thought the Candy premiere marked a watershed between the "post-BB7 era" and "what comes next"; I'm even more sure of that now.
maringo
Posted 3/4/2007 23:01 (#9785 - in reply to #9783)

ofni - 3/4/2007 22:54 By no means maringo. I've been pondering the "reasons to be cheerful" right across the board from the last couple of week's magazine and online coverage and wondering how and where to summarise and post it. Food, fashion, glamour, redcarpet papshots, etc etc it's the scale, range and variety of the coverage that I find very encouraging for Aisleyne.

Yes, it's a pretty good week when you're receiving praise for your dress sense, your bum, and even the contents of your fridge. What's next? The wonder of Aisleyne's washing machine?

ofni
Posted 3/4/2007 23:22 (#9790 - in reply to #9744)

And this Pangaea outfit is of course what Aisleyne will be wearing if and when "The Limousine Show" ever gets to air. Any news on that BTW?
maringo
Posted 3/4/2007 23:37 (#9794 - in reply to #9790)

ofni - 3/4/2007 23:22 And this Pangaea outfit is of course what Aisleyne will be wearing if and when "The Limousine Show" ever gets to air. Any news on that BTW?

That's very much in the hands of the people behind the Limousine Show. There have been no recent updates on their MySpace site and nothing has come up on http://www.mydigiguide.com yet.

ofni
Posted 4/4/2007 14:30 (#9813 - in reply to #9744)

I hope Lipsy give due recognition to the way Aisleyne got their £35 dress into the Sky best-dressed gallery and into the mags. She certainly has the knack of making the affordable look fabulous. What more could they want from a model?
Odm
Posted 4/4/2007 15:00 (#9814 - in reply to #9813)

ofni - 4/4/2007 14:30

I hope Lipsy give due recognition to the way Aisleyne got their £35 dress into the Sky best-dressed gallery and into the mags. She certainly has the knack of making the affordable look fabulous. What more could they want from a model?

I think a Modern Catalogue should sign Aisleyne....there must be one out there who will...as she looks great..remember those gorgeous 40's and 50's look pics in Closer a while back..thats a complete vote of confidence that she can wear anything and look ultra fab....

...comon you stupit irriots...shign Aisleyne... (thought if I tried Chinese they might pick up the hint since they dont understand English eh?)
Odm
Posted 4/4/2007 15:01 (#9815 - in reply to #9769)

remaha - 3/4/2007 19:25

I thought you were about to reveal some real secrets about the risque Maringo for a minute there ODM.

Invite any red-blooded British male to a fancy dress party, and he'll turn up in women's clothing. It's a British obsession which probably derives from our love of panto dames. Ahhh, that's the image I now have of Maringo . . . .  

As for women playing the part of Peter Pan, and the like . . don't get me started   

Maringo could turn up at any party of mine and I would not be surprised at his choice of clothing... nor anything else..
maringo
Posted 4/4/2007 15:21 (#9820 - in reply to #9814)

Odm - 4/4/2007 15:00 comon you stupit irriots...shign Aisleyne... (thought if I tried Chinese they might pick up the hint since they dont understand English eh?)

Apologies to our Chinese visitors (there's at least one). I'll have a word with her muquin, fuquin and zhangfu (only Chinese I know!).

Odm
Posted 4/4/2007 15:27 (#9822 - in reply to #9820)

maringo - 4/4/2007 15:21

Odm - 4/4/2007 15:00 comon you stupit irriots...shign Aisleyne... (thought if I tried Chinese they might pick up the hint since they dont understand English eh?)

Apologies to our Chinese visitors (there's at least one). I'll have a word with her muquin, fuquin and zhangfu (only Chinese I know!).

Velly solly...
ofni
Posted 4/4/2007 15:41 (#9830 - in reply to #9814)

Odm - 4/4/2007 15:00

I think a Modern Catalogue should sign Aisleyne....there must be one out there who will...as she looks great..remember those gorgeous 40's and 50's look pics in Closer a while back..thats a complete vote of confidence that she can wear anything and look ultra fab....

Well I've said it before and I'll say it again. It's such a rotten shame that those Screen Siren pics, and the earlier More makeover ones, can't be shown on this site by some arrangement with LWM/EMAP/etc. They are such a fantastic showcase for Aisleyne's amazing photogenic qualities and modelling potential.

Edited by ofni 4/4/2007 15:43
maringo
Posted 4/4/2007 16:02 (#9836 - in reply to #9830)

ofni - 4/4/2007 15:41 Well I've said it before and I'll say it again. It's such a rotten shame that those Screen Siren pics, and the earlier More makeover ones, can't be shown on this site by some arrangement with LWM/EMAP/etc. They are such a fantastic showcase for Aisleyne's amazing photogenic qualities and modelling potential.

That's a good point and will be taken on board. However, I would direct your attention to the "coming soon" thread in announcements.

Odm
Posted 4/4/2007 16:07 (#9837 - in reply to #9836)

maringo - 4/4/2007 16:02

ofni - 4/4/2007 15:41 Well I've said it before and I'll say it again. It's such a rotten shame that those Screen Siren pics, and the earlier More makeover ones, can't be shown on this site by some arrangement with LWM/EMAP/etc. They are such a fantastic showcase for Aisleyne's amazing photogenic qualities and modelling potential.

That's a good point and will be taken on board. However, I would direct your attention to the "coming soon" thread in announcements.

Actually, that thread got you in trouble last time Maringo..ahem...
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread