You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Forum

Daily Star (Apr 5th) - B Bro Was Fixed
Moderators: Admin, Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Aisleyne -> Aisleyne's Press CoverageMessage format

maringo
Posted 5/4/2007 02:15 (#9883)
Subject: Daily Star (Apr 5th) - B Bro Was Fixed

The front page covers a story about the last two Big Brother shows being fixed. The main article is on pages 4-5 and it's accompanied by one of those old Aisleyne pictures (used a lot during BB7). Can't read the article yet!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Odm
Posted 5/4/2007 02:40 (#9886 - in reply to #9883)
Subject: RE: Daily Star (April 5th) - B Bro Was Fixed

maringo - 5/4/2007 02:15

The front page covers a story about the last two Big Brother shows being fixed. The main article is on pages 4-5 and it's accompanied by one of those old Aisleyne pictures (used a lot during BB7). Can't read the article yet!

I hope our dawg has got a strong bladder I should have been out that door ages ago...anyway I am dying to know what the report say...oh god give me the paper now..because I suspected things ages ago..and nobody believed me...well, would you believe someone like me

I had my weird ideas about what was going on....cant wait for this report and then I can unload all my sherlock holme stuff everywhere..yay!
maringo
Posted 5/4/2007 05:47 (#9887 - in reply to #9883)
Subject: Re: Daily Star (April 5th) - B Bro Was Fixed

The Daily Star are slightly exaggerating their claims. Tim Hincks only admits to tinkering with the first series regarding "Nasty" Nick Bateman.

Anyway, the picture of Aisleyne (bigger than all the other pictures of BB contestants) is accompanied by a bit of text talking about how people had difficulty voting for her and some were even told they had voted for Pete!
maringo
Posted 5/4/2007 05:49 (#9888 - in reply to #9883)

BTW, there's also a full page advert for Deadline on p24. I might enter the intern of the week comp on the Deadline website, as I'm slightly miffed with Sarah Harding making the front page today when it's a BB story! A prime opportunity for an Aisleyne front cover is missed because Joe Mott is dating Ms Harding. Wait until I have a word with him!
deeb
Posted 5/4/2007 09:53 (#9892 - in reply to #9883)
Subject: Re: Daily Star (Apr 5th) - B Bro Was Fixed

Online story here: > B BRO WAS FIXED <

With a little stock piccy of our AISLEYNE.
Odm
Posted 5/4/2007 11:49 (#9895 - in reply to #9887)

maringo - 5/4/2007 05:47

The Daily Star are slightly exaggerating their claims. Tim Hincks only admits to tinkering with the first series regarding "Nasty" Nick Bateman.

Anyway, the picture of Aisleyne (bigger than all the other pictures of BB contestants) is accompanied by a bit of text talking about how people had difficulty voting for her and some were even told they had voted for Pete!

I definately remember all that and at 6 0 clock on the day of the final...Aisleyne had a couple of million pounds on her and was leading..the next thing we know....she ends up Third...bloody fix alright...I said it was then and I say it is now.....blatant fix blatant fix blah blah blah....
Odm
Posted 5/4/2007 11:51 (#9896 - in reply to #9892)

deeb - 5/4/2007 09:53

Online story here: > B BRO WAS FIXED <

With a little stock piccy of our AISLEYNE.
Great..thank you for that Deeb...I will get a good read of it in a minute ...xx
deeb
Posted 5/4/2007 12:15 (#9897 - in reply to #9895)

Odm - 5/4/2007 11:49
maringo - 5/4/2007 05:47 The Daily Star are slightly exaggerating their claims. Tim Hincks only admits to tinkering with the first series regarding "Nasty" Nick Bateman. Anyway, the picture of Aisleyne (bigger than all the other pictures of BB contestants) is accompanied by a bit of text talking about how people had difficulty voting for her and some were even told they had voted for Pete!
I definately remember all that and at 6 0 clock on the day of the final...Aisleyne had a couple of million pounds on her and was leading..the next thing we know....she ends up Third...bloody fix alright...I said it was then and I say it is now.....blatant fix blatant fix blah blah blah....

I just remember the day before when Pete was safely ahead in the betting, Ash was second, Glyn third - but Ash was going up, Glyn down. I think the Nikki-Mafia panicked (imagine their permanent scars if Ash had won). The only tactic left was employed by [? the Mirror ?] who told readers they were supporting Glyn.

Ehhhhhhhhhhh ????????? Glyn ?????????

Yes because Nikki was too far behind to make up.
Anyway, from the morning of the final, the Nikki 'Pickle-Ticklers' must have spent their holiday cash on voting for Glyn to avert the mother of all disasters. Glyn soon caught up and overtook Ash.

In the end, I thought 3rd was excellent. Not long before that, I was really hoping for a top six finish (in the final). I don't feel swizzed.

Odm
Posted 5/4/2007 14:19 (#9902 - in reply to #9897)

deeb - 5/4/2007 12:15

maringo - 5/4/2007 05:47 The Daily Star are slightly exaggerating their claims. Tim Hincks only admits to tinkering with the first series regarding "Nasty" Nick Bateman. Anyway, the picture of Aisleyne (bigger than all the other pictures of BB contestants) is accompanied by a bit of text talking about how people had difficulty voting for her and some were even told they had voted for Pete!

I just remember the day before when Pete was safely ahead in the betting, Ash was second, Glyn third - but Ash was going up, Glyn down. I think the Nikki-Mafia panicked (imagine their permanent scars if Ash had won). The only tactic left was employed by [? the Mirror ?] who told readers they were supporting Glyn.

Ehhhhhhhhhhh ????????? Glyn ?????????

Yes because Nikki was too far behind to make up.
Anyway, from the morning of the final, the Nikki 'Pickle-Ticklers' must have spent their holiday cash on voting for Glyn to avert the mother of all disasters. Glyn soon caught up and overtook Ash.

In the end, I thought 3rd was excellent. Not long before that, I was really hoping for a top six finish (in the final). I don't feel swizzed.

but dont you think its odd...long after the event that these reports are coming out ...what if it was true?
maringo
Posted 5/4/2007 14:22 (#9903 - in reply to #9892)

deeb - 5/4/2007 09:53 Online story here: > B BRO WAS FIXED < With a little stock piccy of our AISLEYNE.

Thanks! Nice to see them illustrate the story with a picture of Aisleyne (different to the one in the paper). You get the main article online, but you miss out on the pictures of various contestants and the captions saying how their fate was rigged.

maringo
Posted 5/4/2007 14:46 (#9904 - in reply to #9897)

deeb - 5/4/2007 12:15

It wasn't the Mirror, they were backing Aisleyne to win. It was the Sun. However, strangely enough, the Sun/NOTW now seem to be much more favourable to her (in the NOTW mag on Sunday) and the Mirror have lost interest!

maringo
Posted 5/4/2007 14:50 (#9905 - in reply to #9902)

Odm - 5/4/2007 14:19 but dont you think its odd...long after the event that these reports are coming out ...what if it was true?

I guess you'll have to wait another 7 years to find out whether BB7 was fixed.

Interested Observer
Posted 5/4/2007 21:20 (#10009 - in reply to #9883)

Support for Aisleyne was growing and had so much momentum. All the polls had Aisleyne way ahead while support for Pete and Glyn was dwindling. This all suddenly changed on the final day. Something was defiantly wrong with the outcome. In light of the recent exposure of fixed TV phone in competitions and Tim Hincks comments, it is a fair assumption that Aisleyne was not given a level playing field.

They can take our BB7 victory, but they will not take our continuing support for superstar Aisleyne.
Odm
Posted 5/4/2007 21:46 (#10012 - in reply to #10009)

Interested Observer - 5/4/2007 21:20

Support for Aisleyne was growing and had so much momentum. All the polls had Aisleyne way ahead while support for Pete and Glyn was dwindling. This all suddenly changed on the final day. Something was defiantly wrong with the outcome. In light of the recent exposure of fixed TV phone in competitions and Tim Hincks comments, it is a fair assumption that Aisleyne was not given a level playing field.

They can take our BB7 victory, but they will not take our continuing support for superstar Aisleyne.

...thats exactly how I remember it....
boldjohn
Posted 5/4/2007 22:35 (#10018 - in reply to #9883)

Executive Member

Biased editing against Aisleyne and in favour of Pete, Nikki and Glyn ......... biased presenters ........ final twist ....... Friday renta-mob .... disclosures by Nikki and Jayne about Aisleyne's apparent unpopularity outside ........ negative representations of Aisleyne in later tasks ........... largely anti-Aisleyne press ...... Aisleyne's sudden drop to 3rd place when votes were taken ....... Of course it was fixed. No need to wait 7 more years. Aisleyne was the true winner.
Julian
Posted 6/4/2007 00:45 (#10024 - in reply to #9895)

Executive Member

maringo - 5/4/2007 05:47

What people forget is that there were reports about problems voting for Aisleyne when everyone was up and Aisleyne and Nikki were favourites to be voted off. If there hadn't been problems it's possible Aisleyne would have gone half way through and Nikki stayed in.

Somebody may have messed up somewhere with regards to Aisleyne's text votes but I don't think it was deliberate because the problems were consistent when voting to evict as well when voting to win.

I also don't see how Endemol or the program makers gain anything by manipulating things to prevent the most popular person winning. You guarantee to upset more people than you please which just makes it less likely that people will tune in the next year.

At the end of the day they're in it for the money and the most money comes from pleasing the most people. If more people wanted Aiselyne to win it was in their best interests to make it happen.

Conspiracy theories are all very well but where's the motive?

Regards

Julian
Interested Observer
Posted 6/4/2007 02:02 (#10025 - in reply to #10024)

Julian - 6/4/2007 00:45 

I also don't see how Endemol or the program makers gain anything by manipulating things to prevent the most popular person winning. You guarantee to upset more people than you please which just makes it less likely that people will tune in the next year.

At the end of the day they're in it for the money and the most money comes from pleasing the most people. If more people wanted Aisleyne to win it was in their best interests to make it happen.

Conspiracy theories are all very well but where's the motive?

Regards Julian

In an ideal world, the most popular character should be the one that gets the star roles. However, it is sometimes more profitable to use a counterfeit.

I think that Endemol were more interested in promoting someone they could manipulate, like Nikki, rather than someone who is a little more streetwise and with obvious star quality like Aisleyne.

Edited by Interested Observer 6/4/2007 02:04
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread