You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Forum

Mother's Day Blues
Moderators: Admin, Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General -> Chill OutMessage format

friskypants
Posted 25/2/2007 02:13 (#5460)
Subject: Mother's Day Blues

The Fakers will know but for the rest of you on 7th November, my mum died very unexpectedly. I am finding it very hard with all the Mother's Day publicity coming up, very hard. She was only 65. I know at least she lived that long as I have heard some horror stories, but it was so unexpected.

She's not here to share the good news about my promotion or that Hammie is now 2 years 1 month (80 in human years). She's not here to see improvements by the landlord to my flat. She's not here to hear stories about my 5lb loss at Weight**tchers or my sad starspotting round Central London.

I know there are probably worse stories out that and I do count my blessings but is there much point doing well if she's not here to see it? We were very close.

Sorry, I'm a bit drunk.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Stephanie
Posted 25/2/2007 02:24 (#5464 - in reply to #5460)
Subject: Re: Mother's Day Blues

Really sorry to hear that Friskypants, my heart goes out to you, that date is actually a family birthday to me
dawny33
Posted 25/2/2007 02:43 (#5466 - in reply to #5460)

Im really sorry to hear about your mam Frisky. Its so sad. im also quite drunk at this moment and i couldnt bear to think if my mother was not with me.she has beat cancer twice with lymphoma and shes been so brave. i just dont know how id cope without her. Just try and stay strong, shes still with you in spirit, x
Odm
Posted 25/2/2007 02:48 (#5468 - in reply to #5460)
Subject: RE: Mother's Day Blues

friskypants - 25/2/2007 02:13

The Fakers will know but for the rest of you on 7th November, my mum died very unexpectedly. I am finding it very hard with all the Mother's Day publicity coming up, very hard. She was only 65. I know at least she lived that long as I have heard some horror stories, but it was so unexpected.

She's not here to share the good news about my promotion or that Hammie is now 2 years 1 month (80 in human years). She's not here to see improvements by the landlord to my flat. She's not here to hear stories about my 5lb loss at Weight**tchers or my sad starspotting round Central London.

I know there are probably worse stories out that and I do count my blessings but is there much point doing well if she's not here to see it? We were very close.

Sorry, I'm a bit drunk.

I will always be there for you.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
emptybox
Posted 25/2/2007 02:59 (#5472 - in reply to #5460)
Subject: RE: Mother's Day Blues

The swear filter is a bit over-zealous. It sees rude words even when they are hidden in the middle of others.

I lost my Mum about 3 years ago, so I've an inkling of how you are feeling.
Take care.
friskypants
Posted 25/2/2007 11:20 (#5517 - in reply to #5460)

Thanks for all your kind messages. Touched my heart.
becki
Posted 25/2/2007 13:33 (#5545 - in reply to #5460)

Executive Member

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss Friskypants.
Your Mum will always be with you though, in your heart. Think of all the good memories you shared with her.
We're all here for you if you wanna chat.
Love ya
Becki xxxxxxxxx
Mzstake
Posted 8/3/2007 22:41 (#7017 - in reply to #5460)

So sorry to hear that. It is very early days for you in the grieving process so pefectly normal to feel so sad and dates like Mothers day will hurt. It does get easier in time.

Remember that even tho your mother has gone she is in you. Tell her out loud about your weight loss or whatever you want, it might sound stange but it can be comforting.

wishing you well.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread