You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Forum

Charlotte Church Bans Reality Show Guests.
Moderators: Admin, Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General -> Big Brother & OthersMessage format

Odm
Posted 11/2/2007 16:26 (#3377)
Subject: Charlotte Church Bans Reality Show Guests.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/a42637/church-bans-reality-stars-fro...

I really truly like Charlotte Church. Shes down to earth and gifted enormously vocally.
I agree wholeheartedly with her opinon too. There are so many talented people who have EARNED their celebrity status and I can see that she does have a lot of respect for them.

However, I would bend the rules to get Ais on any chat show because she is just enormously funny and so entertaining. That in itself is actually a talent.

Well, perhaps Charlottes show would be a no-go then?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Addicted
Posted 11/2/2007 18:29 (#3419 - in reply to #3377)
Subject: Re: Charlotte Church Bans Reality Show Guests.

i can see why charlotte is saying this, but yeah she should make an exception for some haha

Edited by Odm 11/2/2007 19:17
bradley27
Posted 11/2/2007 19:54 (#3453 - in reply to #3377)

Senate Member

she didnt mind having them on last year. And as much as I like Charlotte for her singing and her personality, but her chat show was one of the worst programme I've ever seen. How she won a Comedy Award for that I will never know. In fact the only thing funny about her show was the award being given to her.
Odm
Posted 11/2/2007 20:50 (#3481 - in reply to #3453)

I must admit I dont see Charlotte firmly in the chat show host role just yet...I can see the makings of it as she is basically quite amusing....crude and norty it might be..but I actually always laugh when she sings her signature tune and in it she tells you that the song is sh**...which is quiet shocking when you think of her angelic little voice singing pier jesu down the phone to Richard and Judy all those moons ago...

I have to give Charlotte my thumbs up because I believe in young talent. Comedy is not her first strength, it is singing and they dont come finer for singing then the welsh...boyo...let me tell you...

Charlotte has earnt her money..she has been singing from childhood..something must have put her off the reality stars...

Personally I think any guest who is entertaining should go on a show, but ONLY if they have what it takes...
Interested Observer
Posted 11/2/2007 20:51 (#3482 - in reply to #3377)

Does Charlotte Church still sing?
Stephanie
Posted 11/2/2007 21:02 (#3487 - in reply to #3377)

She had both Richard and Glyn on her show last year but it would of been better with Ash. She had to get Glyn on because his welsh like her but why Richard instead of Ash.
Odm
Posted 11/2/2007 21:07 (#3489 - in reply to #3482)

Interested Observer - 11/2/2007 20:51

Does Charlotte Church still sing?

Yes IO..She brought out a couple of really good chart songs over the last year..Crazy Chic was one of them. Unless someone else mentions it I will remember the name of the other one in minute.. Im always forgetting LOL....

She brought out an album as well and co wrote on it..That was called Tissues I thought. I think she tried to do a bit of a rock chick thing...I like her because she is down to earth...and she has a great voice..cant knock her really....

Odm
Posted 11/2/2007 21:10 (#3491 - in reply to #3487)

Stephanie - 11/2/2007 21:02

She had both Richard and Glyn on her show last year but it would of been better with Ash. She had to get Glyn on because his welsh like her but why Richard instead of Ash.

LOL yes the entire theme of her chat show is quite cheekily, Wales talent Against the rest of the world...I find it quite humourous ..but then I need a labotomy anyway...ahahahaha.....seriously though..its true to say Charlottes show is a bit disjointed and it does,nt hang together well with the theme of things...I think in time she will smooth things over though and perhaps a lightly different format wouldnt go amiss.. it would be the only way anybody who is not welsh could join in.

Having said that I have a welsh bloodline going back for 400 years or more on my nans side..soo....

quick edit. BUT I STILL DID,NT LIKE GLYN..

Edited by Odm 11/2/2007 21:11
Stephanie
Posted 11/2/2007 21:20 (#3495 - in reply to #3377)

I liked Glyn, well i grew to like him, couldn't stand him at first thought he was right geek but then i started to see he was a bit funny.
Odm
Posted 11/2/2007 21:49 (#3518 - in reply to #3495)

Yes he was funny Steph I even laughed myself quite a few times initially..so I did,nt set out to put his head on a pike or anything..lol.. but I think he started to get involved in the politics of the house...

If you remember he was quiet at first..did,nt say a lot really..but as time went on he took centre place as house clown and then he really started to annoy me...so I was not always best disposed towards him...and I never really felt the same way about showers...
bradley27
Posted 11/2/2007 22:23 (#3537 - in reply to #3377)

Senate Member

I have to say that out of the 4 that did the OB for CBBLB I thought Glyn had a real talent for it, but that might have just been because of the comparasion with the other three, who were truly awful
Julian
Posted 11/2/2007 23:22 (#3562 - in reply to #3537)

Executive Member

I think it's a bit harsh to say that reality TV celebrities haven't worked hard to get where they are. Just auditioning takes a lot of gumption and getting selected out of the tens of thousands who apply is quite an achievement in and of itself. You have to have something special about you to be selected. Then to survive long enough to make a public impression in an environment like Big Brother is not something that a lot of the more 'talented' celebrities could ever do. You only have to look at the agony that Aisleyne went through to know that she earned her claim to fame as much as anyone.

Plus. the way I see it, you can celebrate people because they are good singers or good actors but people who do well in BB are celebrated because they are good people and, in my book, that's the most worthy reason of all.

Regards

Julian
Odm
Posted 12/2/2007 00:12 (#3575 - in reply to #3562)

Well its always been my opinion that the people that are picked for big brother are the ones with the most vulnerable Achilles Heel. the ones who want fame at any price ..and that goes for all other reality programmes as well. You actually need to be supremely self confident to get through auditions and little else which I am sure most of BB7 lot had no trouble doing. Candidates are then carefully selected for our maximum entertainment...think gladiators and lions den and you might just about have got to the depraved levels of these idiot producers. They dont know when to stop IMO.

Declaring that because you went in a reality show you are a good person is surely a nonsence in itself?
I dont see a good example of that from the bunch that came out of BB7..??
Pardon Monseiur??

Aisleyne was already in showbusiness. She was a model and a promotions girl. That IS showbusiness just a different form of it. She still had to put herself on the block for criticism in modelling jobs in fact it is a very difficult circle to keep your wits straight.
Aisleyne needed to be noticed by a wider audience that is all, she needed to be picked out in a crowd. Models? there are thousands of them. Aisleyne is a bright girl and she knew that. Aisleyne was also on Star Nows books for three years as well, dont forget this. Therefore Ais did not go into the house without any experience in her field. She went in to seek illumination that she may stand out and be picked and raised up for progression which is exactly what she has achieved. It was,nt just because she is a good person whatsoever..it is because she has a magnetic quality and a photogenic image on the TV with unlimited possibilities for her persona .

As for the other people /so called celebrities...none of these people have crawled off the street as Mr or Miss Nobody..all of them somewhere have had some spell in the spotlight so it is pure conjecture to imagine that they earned all this celebrity because they sat in a house for a few weeks..what tosh is that...? They already had a high opinion of themselves and some previous experience in the public field one way of another.

They were all used to the camera/spotlight/centre of attention or whatever before they even hit the front metal doors of BB.

Aisleyne knew that if she could put up with the Big Brother house for a few weeks and SURVIVE it ..ie living with a bunch of overated..i love myselves...then she had every opportunity to come out of there and go for a better goal with, hopefully the public behind her. It did,nt work out quite that way as we all know, but this girl went IN the house with photographic talent and in MY opinion she is deserved because of that in her gain of notoriety and NOT because she sat in the house with that bunch of stiffs.

All that aside Julian...how are you today..

Edited by Odm 12/2/2007 00:15
maringo
Posted 17/2/2007 07:19 (#4246 - in reply to #3377)
Subject: RE: Charlotte Church Bans Reality Show Guests.

This gets mentioned again in an interview with Charlotte Church in today's Daily Star on page 49. Aisleyne and Chantelle are mentioned after a quote from Charlotte about refusing reality TV stars a place on her show. It's unclear whether they were actually turned down or whether they're just being used in the article as examples.
friskypants
Posted 17/2/2007 11:03 (#4249 - in reply to #4246)

Charlotte Church gets on my nerves as does her orange boyfriend. Ais would be doing well to stay well clear of someone who has p**sed her talent away. Sorry ODM I know you like her but I can't bear her. Why I can't bear her would take too long to write down and involve boring you witless!
becki
Posted 18/2/2007 00:20 (#4305 - in reply to #3377)

Executive Member

I dont really like Charlotte Church! She annoys me. I heard her show was really funny, so i watched it and it just wasnt funny at all!
ofni
Posted 18/2/2007 00:39 (#4310 - in reply to #3377)

I think Charlotte's taken the huff against reality stars ever since Imogen whupped her out of sight in the "Sexiest Woman in Wales" poll a couple of months back.
billybee2k7
Posted 18/2/2007 01:46 (#4314 - in reply to #3377)

u guys hate everyone i love lol
Julian
Posted 18/2/2007 21:42 (#4372 - in reply to #3575)

Executive Member

Odm - 12/2/2007 00:12

Well its always been my opinion that the people that are picked for big brother are the ones with the most vulnerable Achilles Heel. the ones who want fame at any price ..and that goes for all other reality programmes as well. You actually need to be supremely self confident to get through auditions and little else which I am sure most of BB7 lot had no trouble doing. Candidates are then carefully selected for our maximum entertainment...think gladiators and lions den and you might just about have got to the depraved levels of these idiot producers. They dont know when to stop IMO.

I've no doubt that many people are selected for BB as much for their negative qualities as for their positive ones but one thing they all have is drive and ambition and those are good qualities which all successful celebrities have whether they are reality TV ones or not.

Declaring that because you went in a reality show you are a good person is surely a nonsence in itself?
Pardon Monseiur??

I didn't say that people are good people because they go in for a reality show but time and again the British public show that the people who do well in BB do so because the public see good human characteristics not because of their ability to entertain. Every year Dermot, Davina and Russell complain that we keep getting rid of the entertaining people but I see that as a good thing. I'm not saying that the public don't sometimes get things wrong but the criteria that they judge on is quite evidently who is the better person, not who is the most talented and, personally, I'd rather be the former.

It was,nt just because she is a good person whatsoever..it is because she has a magnetic quality and a photogenic image on the TV with unlimited possibilities for her persona .

I'm not talking about Aisleyne specifically. Charlotte Church is generalizing that reality TV people have not earned their celebrity status because they have not become celebrities through their talent. I believe that someone who earns their celebrity status by having the courage and amibtion to put themselves through a show like BB and to have displayed the kind of character that earns them the admiration of the nation are just as deserving of recognition.

Everybody in this world has something to offer it. Not everyone's talent is the sort of thing that makes them a celebrity but I don't think it's right for someone to start passing judgement on what talents or character traits are deserving of our admiration and what aren't. Should I admire a talented singer who is a nasty, selfish and sadistic person or a lousy singer who is a warm, caring and selfless person? Who deserves to be on a chat show?

Plus, as you say, many people who get on BB have had some prior experience in the entertainment industry. Several are former models or have tired to break into music or acting. Sometimes whether you make it or not in your chosen field is as much down to luck as hard work or talent. Putting yourself through BB doesn't make you less deserving of success just because you chose not to take no for an answer. There seems to be some feeling that going the reality TV route is somehow doing it the easy way. On the contrary, I don't think there's anything easy about getting picked for BB, for having the gumption not to walk out of BB or for having the kind of personality that makes you successful on BB (or afterwards).

I've got a bit of a cold coming on but hopefully I can shake it with a bit of vitamin 'C. Thanks for asking

Regards

Julian
Odm
Posted 18/2/2007 22:10 (#4379 - in reply to #4372)

Julian - 18/2/2007 21:42

Odm - 12/2/2007 00:12

I've no doubt that many people are selected for BB as much for their negative qualities as for their positive ones but one thing they all have is drive and ambition and those are good qualities which all successful celebrities have whether they are reality TV ones or not.

Pardon Monseiur??

I didn't say that people are good people because they go in for a reality show but time and again the British public show that the people who do well in BB do so because the public see good human characteristics not because of their ability to entertain. Every year Dermot, Davina and Russell complain that we keep getting rid of the entertaining people but I see that as a good thing. I'm not saying that the public don't sometimes get things wrong but the criteria that they judge on is quite evidently who is the better person, not who is the most talented and, personally, I'd rather be the former.

It was,nt just because she is a good person whatsoever..it is because she has a magnetic quality and a photogenic image on the TV with unlimited possibilities for her persona .

I'm not talking about Aisleyne specifically. Charlotte Church is generalizing that reality TV people have not earned their celebrity status because they have not become celebrities through their talent. I believe that someone who earns their celebrity status by having the courage and amibtion to put themselves through a show like BB and to have displayed the kind of character that earns them the admiration of the nation are just as deserving of recognition.

Everybody in this world has something to offer it. Not everyone's talent is the sort of thing that makes them a celebrity but I don't think it's right for someone to start passing judgement on what talents or character traits are deserving of our admiration and what aren't. Should I admire a talented singer who is a nasty, selfish and sadistic person or a lousy singer who is a warm, caring and selfless person? Who deserves to be on a chat show?

Plus, as you say, many people who get on BB have had some prior experience in the entertainment industry. Several are former models or have tired to break into music or acting. Sometimes whether you make it or not in your chosen field is as much down to luck as hard work or talent. Putting yourself through BB doesn't make you less deserving of success just because you chose not to take no for an answer. There seems to be some feeling that going the reality TV route is somehow doing it the easy way. On the contrary, I don't think there's anything easy about getting picked for BB, for having the gumption not to walk out of BB or for having the kind of personality that makes you successful on BB (or afterwards).

I've got a bit of a cold coming on but hopefully I can shake it with a bit of vitamin 'C. Thanks for asking

Regards

Julian

would you like a pancake Julian? Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Odm
Posted 18/2/2007 22:16 (#4381 - in reply to #4379)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

'copy copy' whats yer 'andle ....pick a window for an argument'
Julian
Posted 18/2/2007 23:38 (#4385 - in reply to #4381)

Executive Member

Odm - 18/2/2007 22:16

Argument? Moi? I never argue
Odm
Posted 19/2/2007 17:56 (#4425 - in reply to #4385)

Julian - 18/2/2007 23:38

Odm - 18/2/2007 22:16

Argument? Moi? I never argue

Lol Julian..

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread