You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Forum

Radio Show - constructive criticism
Moderators: Admin, Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2 3 4 5
Now viewing page 4 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Aisleyne -> Aisleyne's Film, TV & Radio WorkMessage format

maringo
Posted 22/2/2007 19:43 (#5061 - in reply to #2005)
Subject: RE: Radio Show - constructive criticism

I think this was her best show yet. She introduced more of the tracks this time and didn't interrupt them so much.

However, she needs access to more CDs to avoid keep playing the same artists. She asked on the show for people to send some in.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
kowalski
Posted 22/2/2007 19:55 (#5065 - in reply to #2005)
Subject: Re: Radio Show - constructive criticism

Senate Member

It seems the main problem is the sound levels .

Hopefully they're aware of this now and will fix it .

k

dannyk
Posted 22/2/2007 20:19 (#5068 - in reply to #5061)

maringo - 22/2/2007 19:43

I think this was her best show yet. She introduced more of the tracks this time and didn't interrupt them so much.

However, she needs access to more CDs to avoid keep playing the same artists. She asked on the show for people to send some in.

Where do we send them to?
bengos
Posted 22/2/2007 20:20 (#5069 - in reply to #2005)

Executive Member

They have got to sort out the chatroom and the techie problems. There some of us were, encouraging Becki to phone in, she did so, and no-one heard it.
maringo
Posted 22/2/2007 20:51 (#5070 - in reply to #5068)

dannyk - 22/2/2007 20:19

There's an address here...

http://invinciblemag.com/contact.php

Rudyrudyrudy sent one in for show 2, so I assume he used that address. However, make sure your CD works (unlike his)!
Julian
Posted 22/2/2007 20:58 (#5071 - in reply to #5070)

Executive Member

They always seem to have technical difficulties. I didn't have any problems with the chtaroom but the sound was awful and cut out completely on two occasions. According to a regular listener in the chatroom the system crashing out is not unusual

It was my first time listening live and, apart from the sound problems, I really enjoyed it. The chatroom added a fun dimension too

Regards

Julian
rudyrudyrudy
Posted 22/2/2007 21:03 (#5072 - in reply to #5070)

maringo - 22/2/2007 20:51

dannyk - 22/2/2007 20:19

There's an address here...

http://invinciblemag.com/contact.php

Rudyrudyrudy sent one in for show 2, so I assume he used that address. However, make sure your CD works (unlike his)!

There is a typing error on the contact page: it's 203 Mare Street (not Studio).

(btw the odd thing about my CD that I wrote is it did play perfectly okay in my separate DVD player)
emptybox
Posted 22/2/2007 21:29 (#5082 - in reply to #2005)

Probably the players in the studio can't cope with CD-Rs?

Either that or the guy winding the handle was on a coffee break at the time.
zou gou
Posted 22/2/2007 21:34 (#5083 - in reply to #2005)

Good things:

Show 3 was a lot more "professional". In show 2, Ash seemed to respond to callers and messages as soon as they came in, so that she seemed to be reacting to events rather than controlling the show.

Part of that may be down to her co-host, but it still shows that her skills are developing.

Working with a co-host also involves skills worth learning.

She introduced some of the songs in an interesting, personal way.

I'm glad to hear that Grace has apologised, that Ash has accepted it, and that Ash's fans seem to agree. I think that'll be good for them both, and it may help make it easier for Ash to focus less on BB in her show.

It still seems like she's being herself rather than putting on a performance.

Not so good:

The volume levels are still different for Ash, the callers, and the songs. The difference seemed less this week, but instead we had the annoying buzz and eventually a complete loss of meaningful sound. (Presumably none of this is Aisleyene's fault, though.)

Despite introducing a topic agt the start, she still followes the talk wherever it happens to go, which for now is still back to Big Brother. Of course, it's good that she's flexible and talks about what the listeners want to talk about, but, whether you see this show as a significant career move or just as practice, she ought to talk on other topics and try to take a bit more control.

(Ash's fans can help here by talking more about other things.)

(There are a lot of things Ash could talk about, and relate to her BB experience, btw, without the talk being solely about BB.)

It would be nice to have some non-BB guests (whether in the studio or on the phone). They don't have to be celebs or anyone we've heard of, so long as they have something interesting to say.

The music still seems to be a bit of an afterthought.

Some shows Ash might want to listen to:

Just to see how some other peoplke handle some of the same problems she faces.

Sara Cox, Radio 1 Sat & Sun 1-4 pm (informal, chatty style)

Jonathan Ross, R 2, Saturday morning (mixes talk an music in proportions similar to Ash's show)

Lauren Laverne, Xfm breakfast show.

Bob Dylan, 6 Mucic friday from 9pm (themed music selections).

(That list is a bit random, I know.)
maringo
Posted 22/2/2007 21:45 (#5084 - in reply to #2005)

Lots of good points there, zou gou.

I'd also like a bit less emphasis on BB7. However, it was justified this week, as we got to question Suzie and also got the juicy BB7 reunion gossip we were waiting for.

I'd like some gossip/info about some of the things she's done since BB7, like earlier parties, film premieres and photoshoots.
remaha
Posted 22/2/2007 22:38 (#5094 - in reply to #2005)

Executive Member

I'd have to say that it sounded very much as though Ash winged it today. She got away with it, of course, through force of personality and was helped immensely by having Prince Diamond acting as co-presenter. In fact it turned out to be a very good show because the two of them have a good rapport. However, I think she'd benefit from doing a bit more planning for future shows and trying to follow a bit more of a structure.

As ever, I must qualify my comments by saying that I think Ash has a natural radio personality and could have a great future in this field.

zou gou
Posted 23/2/2007 00:37 (#5120 - in reply to #2005)

One more thing: Ash should get in on time, especially in the next few weeks (and especially if Prince Diamond = Jordan Kensington, the Invincible boss.)

It's a little thing, but it gives the right impression, that you're taking the opportunity seriously and giving your best - and Prince Diamond seems like a good guy to have on your side.
dannyk
Posted 23/2/2007 09:24 (#5136 - in reply to #2005)

I agree, but perhaps it couldn't be helped if she'd just made her way from a photoshoot and had to travel across the city. That was the latest she's been - she was a little bit late for Show #1, and on time for for Show #2. I'm sure she will make an extra effort in weeks to come though.

Edited by dannyk 23/2/2007 09:25
sophie
Posted 23/2/2007 11:20 (#5140 - in reply to #2005)

this was her best show so far.. it was good it really cheered me up- AND I SPOKE TO HER- I STILL CANT BELIEVE IT!! lol
emma*the*bird
Posted 23/2/2007 12:31 (#5148 - in reply to #2005)

I didn't hear all of it, but 25 minutes late is unacceptable in any line of work. Not a good example. Other than that if Aisleyne wants to stay in the game I would have thought she needs to do less co-hosting. But she is new to this so she has time to work on it.
She was a lot better this week, so keep it up Ais.
Odm
Posted 23/2/2007 13:56 (#5153 - in reply to #5148)

Aisleyne has been ill and in my opinion we are lucky she has undertaken the Radio Show this week looking at her Diary events recently.

I think we have to bear in mind that the Radio Show is a new venture and something that Aisleyne would like to do. She so far has walked into it blind and done very well..Only three shows so far. The first show everything was totally fresh and new and with little experience Ais plunged in there and did a good little job keeping everybody entertained despite the difficulties technically. She was very professional in that respect I feel.

The second show Aisleyne was ill, but the show went on. Respect to Ais.

The Third show was cancelled because Aisleyne was ill and had too full a Diary to cope with it.

The Fourth Show which we are calling the Third Show, had some marked improvements. So Aisleyne is listening and considering the advise from those around her.

Overall, in such a short space of time, she has done well. I almost feel that we should give her longer before ANY critiscism is measured. We otherwise would just be backseat Drivers.

Aisleyne is not a Radio One DJ. This Internet programme is for her to learn the ropes clearly to enable her to work outside of it. She has been granted a loose schedule and she has been doing her best.

I believe Aisleyne is doing fine. One other thing. If you want somebody to do well
they will do better with praise given to them instead of the stern approach.
dannyk
Posted 23/2/2007 14:00 (#5156 - in reply to #2005)

I think the co-hosting thing was a one-off as Ash still wasn't feeling 100%. Prince Diamond hasn't played that much of a role in her previous shows, apart from the wind-up call with Imogen in Show #2.
premierscfc
Posted 23/2/2007 14:11 (#5158 - in reply to #5153)

Odm - 23/2/2007 13:56

Aisleyne has been ill and in my opinion we are lucky she has undertaken the Radio Show this week looking at her Diary events recently.

I could not agree more. Hopefully she will get some rest next week with her not having any PA's booked.

I thought yesterday's show was am improvement on Aisleyne's part and she sounded more relaxed and comfortable. Aisleyne just needs to do a bit of prep with the music selection now. I know people are talking about sending music in but I don't think invincible will be to keen on being flooded with copies of CDs being sent in.
Odm
Posted 23/2/2007 14:43 (#5167 - in reply to #5158)

premierscfc - 23/2/2007 14:11

Odm - 23/2/2007 13:56

I could not agree more. Hopefully she will get some rest next week with her not having any PA's booked.

I thought yesterday's show was am improvement on Aisleyne's part and she sounded more relaxed and comfortable. Aisleyne just needs to do a bit of prep with the music selection now. I know people are talking about sending music in but I don't think invincible will be to keen on being flooded with copies of CDs being sent in.

Hi Prem

I completely agree with you too about people sending things in.

What we all have to remember is that Aisleyne is not a DJ, she is learning to 'be' one.
Her time is being divided into all sorts of different areas right now and she really does not have the time to concentrate on just one. DJ's on the other hand will spend all their time considering all the music options as it is possibly their one job to which they devote all their time. Aisleyne as we know has plenty of pies going right now so I dont even know how she finds the time to think...

So you are right Prem, people sending music in would just block up the system. Also we as viewers and Ais fans need to get a more realistic grasp on exactly what is really going on in Ais' life and she does,nt just sit there specifically to communicate with us..her life is a whirl and she is trying to please everybody.

I think we should just hold fire and let her do things at her own pace.

Hope you are well Prem..will catch up with you soon. Great pic on myspace!
rudyrudyrudy
Posted 23/2/2007 14:48 (#5168 - in reply to #2005)

Whatever our different opinions are, Ash did ask for CDs to be sent in. If PD objected, or otherwise thought not a good idea, I'd hope he would have jumped in.
Odm
Posted 23/2/2007 14:53 (#5171 - in reply to #5168)

rudyrudyrudy - 23/2/2007 14:48

Whatever our different opinions are, Ash did ask for CDs to be sent in. If PD objected, or otherwise thought not a good idea, I'd hope he would have jumped in.

Thanks for telling me that Rudy. I did,nt get to hear the show yesterday, only read the thread so could have missed that if someone had reported it.

Well, if they have requested the CDs I suppose its fair enough....mind you, I cant see them all being sent back again so it will be an expensive business sending off your favourite CDs.
emptybox
Posted 23/2/2007 15:21 (#5176 - in reply to #2005)

It seems to me that Prince Diamond has been there in the background throughout all her shows, although he certainly chipped in more in the latest one. I hope it gets to the point where Ash doesn't need anyone with her, but that depends on familiarity with the equipment etc.

I actually attach quite a lot of importance to these shows.
There may come a time, perish the thought, when the papers aren't falling over themselves to publish pictures of Ash, and being a proficient Radio Host would stand her in very good stead, career-wise.

Also she obviously enjoys doing it, and she is probably gaining fans as a result.
Even those that don't like her are tuning in to see what she says about their favourites, and although I've heard a lot of criticism about the technical aspects of the show, there's usually a grudging respect for her style.
Aisleyne
Posted 23/2/2007 16:05 (#5190 - in reply to #5176)

Hey guys and girls, whats up! I hope your all well and happy. Ok 1st off let me say sorry for not being able to pop on and say hi before now... i have been 1 busy bee the last 2 weeks on top of being unwell, so pls accept my appologies. 2nd, just wanna thankyou for all yr feed back on the radio show....guys i know i have room for improvment and i do hope that i am not letting you all down by shoddy presenting? The truth is i have had no training whatsoever and as you all know i havnt done this before so am learning the ropes as i go along, but that said i really do need to hear all your oppinions as it helps me to progress. I do have a tendancy to harp back to bb at times i must admit but would appriciate your help with this, i need more call ins/chatroom notes on any topics asside from bb, that i may bring up. Just spoke to Jordan aka diamond at invincible who said he is dealing with the sound issues and he also said its fne to send in any cds to the station, so feel free. I was so touched by Sophies call and want to take a moment to say thankyou and send a big hug and kiss to her.... and all of you. I really couldnt do it without you.... apparently there is a valentines banner on here for me so i am off to look for it.... so excited, Michaels just popped round we are going for a jog he says hi to you all. lots of love and kisses allways and forever.....Ashaleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen lol xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
rudyrudyrudy
Posted 23/2/2007 16:12 (#5193 - in reply to #2005)

Thanks for your thoughts, Ash. We are all right behind you, dear Don't overdo the exercise!
ofni
Posted 23/2/2007 16:14 (#5195 - in reply to #2005)

Aisleyne, you're doing great!

Enjoy your jog and big hello to Michael - Tell him he's a star!
Jump to page : 1 2 3 4 5
Now viewing page 4 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread