You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Forum

Radio Show - constructive criticism
Moderators: Admin, Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2 3 4 5
Now viewing page 3 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Aisleyne -> Aisleyne's Film, TV & Radio WorkMessage format

becki
Posted 11/2/2007 18:52 (#3432 - in reply to #3279)
Subject: Re: Aisleyne's third show (Feb 15th)

Executive Member

sophie - 10/2/2007 20:04

the phone number is: 08707436653

Thanks, i have saved it that number now in my phone!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Julian
Posted 11/2/2007 22:42 (#3543 - in reply to #3395)
Subject: RE: Aisleyne's third show (Feb 15th)

Executive Member

Odm - 11/2/2007 17:39

I honestly have said over and over that people should let things go and just embrace AISLEYNE not BB7 Aisleyne...that is all done and dusted nomatter what questions people want to ask.

it is 2007 is,nt it? ( prepares for a roasting.. )

I don't want to roast anyone Odm but I will respectfully disagree.

What's important, as I see it, is that Aisleyne gets plenty of callers so that observers can see that there are still people interested in her and that she gets plenty of experience in answering questions - including difficult ones. Big Brother is what many people want to know about and what we haven't up until now had the opportunity to ask about (other than on the forum, of course). I'd rather a lively and vibrant show full of lots of BB references than one where Aisleyne is constantly having to encourage callers to phone in because they don't feel they should mention BB and don't have anything else they want to say.

One of the reasons Aisleyne went on BB was to raise her profile so that she could charge more for her modelling. Her only profile right now is BB and unless and until she makes a name for herself in her own right I think she needs to make as much capital out of that profile as she can. Up until recently, Jade had no problem doing extremely well for herself without ever giving up the reality TV label. Labels can be a good thing. Labels are recognition.

An internet radio station is not something that, in my opinion, will make the slightest bit of difference to Aisleyne's public persona. With all due respect to Invincible I really doubt that it has very many listeners in the great scheme of things. I see this radio show as primarily just practice for Aisleyne. This is not the time to worry about ditching the BB label, this is time for Aisleyne to practice her skills and satisfy her fans in the process.

Regards

Julian
Odm
Posted 12/2/2007 00:52 (#3576 - in reply to #2005)

Aisleyne is a person in her own right prior to BB.. and she is an independent person in her own right...post BB. BB is a good crutch to help anyone along and Aisleyne knows that. But let me just tell you that if anyone is constantly continually stereotyped into a particular area, they get stuck with it. But hey, I only had 25 years showbizness experience so I dont know anything....
Aisleyne will have advice and that advice will hopefully be steering her properly. Aisleynes background talent was in promotions and modelling. Dj is something she wants to do. Agreed that she is doing the Radio show as more of a practice arena being that it is an internet show...However the experience will be invaluable if she wants to seriously become a DJ. All the qualifications you need there is knowledge of current music markets, the ability to work your personality on a microphone and just as important if not primarily so, how to read an audience. The technical stuff believe if or not is secondary, because without the first three things...theres no point flicking the switch.

Aisleyne answers question about BB because she considers she owes it to her fans to answer them. Do yu think this young lady is going to want to keep answering the same things constantly? I will be honest with you, if I was in her shoes I would want to be putting all that stuff on ice and quickly. She has now been recognised ..she has a distinguishable name. This girl is not going to be forgotten. Whether she becomes a superstar is anyones guess...to be a superstar you have to have a superstar talent.. Aisleyne is on the bottom rung of the entertainment ladder but is being offered fantastic opportunities to work in a field she loves and be surrounded by professional intuitive experienced people who can enhance her knowledge.

I hope Aisleyne drops that label like a hot cake in her hand..it will be a wise decision. She does not have to be the BB girl anymore to prove to anybody how beautiful she is... she IS beautiful, but she knows she needs something more..and that is the key to other doors when old ones close. Aisleyne is smart. Of all the things I love most about her, it has to be that above everything..She got the instinct.

We might just bear it in mind when mentioning Jade that famous little sentence from Shilpa who said to her...THIS is your claim to fame...i.e. BB. Jade can only EVER be linked to BB. The reason ? Because she had no other real talent..

Aisleyne? not quite the same in my view...much more able and much more talented. Lets hope that her fans dont bury her in the BB label...or that same sentiment Shilpa bombdropped to Jade will be stuck to Aisleyne...

:
Ash Fans
Posted 12/2/2007 11:01 (#3595 - in reply to #2005)

Can't wait for this!
mich007
Posted 12/2/2007 12:46 (#3603 - in reply to #3595)

Gawd there are so many experts on this board we are spoilt for choice. The only thing I would say about the BB references is that I wish Ash though I love her dearly would stop making references/digs about Grace Richard and Lea or basically anyone you are not/weren't friends with when you were in the house . The war is over you beat them remember, you have nothing to prove anymore. People have received their comeuppance they were kicked out of the house before you. Suzie helped the public to kick Grace and you chose Suzie, end of job done. Richard got the shock of his life being kicked out before you and it was not a close margin I might add. What are people still wrestling for. Its time to move forward IMO. You are getting slated because of it, if you ignored them it would be good PR. And it would help to enhance your CV when applying for a more commercial radio station slot, if that's where you want to be heading. Just think of it as dishing out free publicity and perhaps that will help you to resist. I know it's hard especially when Richard is spreading his lies, this is partly why I don't like Chinese whispers or gossip (or people passing on info to the likes of Lea and Richard) it just causes trouble and sort of ends up discrediting the one who is the least to blame or not to blame at all IMO.

Edited by mich007 12/2/2007 13:13
deeb
Posted 12/2/2007 12:52 (#3604 - in reply to #3576)

Great post, Odm

We supporters need to ice BB7 ASAP. So does Ash! No matter who requests it, never ask a guest to do "Hot topics", for example.

Ash is naturally gifted as a presenter. I don't think she's fully aware of that, yet. Actually, I hope she never becomes aware of it

mich007
Posted 12/2/2007 13:13 (#3605 - in reply to #2005)

Do we know the listening figures for Ash's radio show it would be interesting to know.
secrethousemate
Posted 12/2/2007 14:40 (#3611 - in reply to #3605)

mich007 - 12/2/2007 13:13

Do we know the listening figures for Ash's radio show it would be interesting to know.

Never mind that, we never did find out what colour shoes her producer was wearing? Or did we??
maringo
Posted 12/2/2007 14:50 (#3614 - in reply to #3611)

secrethousemate - 12/2/2007 14:40
mich007 - 12/2/2007 13:13 Do we know the listening figures for Ash's radio show it would be interesting to know.
Never mind that, we never did find out what colour shoes her producer was wearing? Or did we??

If not, there should be a rollover prize this week.

Odm
Posted 12/2/2007 15:41 (#3619 - in reply to #3614)

What I love about serious debate is that we always come down to the nitty gritty in the end....

I think they were pink
becki
Posted 12/2/2007 16:29 (#3627 - in reply to #3619)

Executive Member

Odm - 12/2/2007 15:41

What I love about serious debate is that we always come down to the nitty gritty in the end....

I think they were pink

Lol!!!
I think they are brown!

Edited by becki 12/2/2007 16:33
Stephanie
Posted 12/2/2007 17:06 (#3639 - in reply to #2005)

I bet they were pink.
emptybox
Posted 12/2/2007 21:14 (#3682 - in reply to #2005)

Well all the colours of the rainbow were suggested in the chat room, so someone must have won.

P.S. Love the new banner becki!
becki
Posted 12/2/2007 23:12 (#3744 - in reply to #3682)

Executive Member

emptybox - 12/2/2007 21:14

Well all the colours of the rainbow were suggested in the chat room, so someone must have won.

P.S. Love the new banner becki!

Thanks
imtoosexy made it for me
Julian
Posted 12/2/2007 23:22 (#3749 - in reply to #3576)

Executive Member

Odm - 12/2/2007 00:52

Aisleyne is a person in her own right prior to BB.. and she is an independent person in her own right...post BB. BB is a good crutch to help anyone along and Aisleyne knows that. But let me just tell you that if anyone is constantly continually stereotyped into a particular area, they get stuck with it. But hey, I only had 25 years showbizness experience so I dont know anything....

I'm not saying that I wouldn't like Aisleyne to gain recognition in her own right but I really don't see how any questions on an internet radio show that probably only her fans are tuning into anyway is going to stereotype her!

I know the BB thing irritates you but other people still have burning questions and still others wouldn't know what else to ask about. I don't see anything to be gained by discouraging people from asking what they want to know. Or giving the listener what they want to hear. All it will do is reduce the enthusiasm for the show and the number of callers and I fail to see how that will help Aisleyne at all.

If people are still asking the same questions and going on about BB in a year's time I'll be as unhappy about it as you are but, right now, everyone thinks of Aisleyne as a BB girl and asking her BB questions on this forum or on invincible isn't going to make the slightest bit of difference to that impression one way or the other.

As for Shilpa's 'bombshell'. If Aisleyne goes on to earn £8 million from the reality TV label then I don't think she'll be too unhappy about it. I know I won't be!

Regards

Julian
deeb
Posted 13/2/2007 07:52 (#3786 - in reply to #3749)

Julian - 12/2/2007 23:22 I'm not saying that I wouldn't like Aisleyne to gain recognition in her own right but I really don't see how any questions on an internet radio show that probably only her fans are tuning into anyway is going to stereotype her! [...]

The test is whether Ash can attract listeners from outside her solid fanbase. At least, she'll have to avoid alienating the Invincible listeners who listened at that time, anyway. Otherwise, it might as well be a podcast to BB fans - and I doubt whether Invincible want to sponsor that. Say the audience grew by 20% with Ash fans, then steadily fell by 40% because of regular references to the same few forum members and obscure BB themes every week, Ash might be invited to leave and the opportunity is gone.

We have to give the lady space to breathe and grow while supporting her?

I, hastily, add that Ash fans don't seem to be the types who suffocate their star but Ash does seem to be sensitive to pressure even when there isn't much. It's obvious that she wants to keep her supporters happy but what she might not be aware of is that, as long as she exists, we're pretty happy

Edited by deeb 13/2/2007 07:54
remaha
Posted 13/2/2007 11:01 (#3797 - in reply to #2005)

Executive Member

This thread has gone wildly off-topic. It is meant to be about Ash's third radio show not about her entire future in radio and the media.

Does Ash have a guest or topic lined up for the third show yet? If so, and we were told, we could help Ash prepare by posting questions on here, instead of relying on the chat room.

This is what I thought this thread was for.

maringo
Posted 13/2/2007 14:55 (#3815 - in reply to #3797)

remaha - 13/2/2007 11:01

This thread has gone wildly off-topic. It is meant to be about Ash's third radio show not about her entire future in radio and the media.

Does Ash have a guest or topic lined up for the third show yet? If so, and we were told, we could help Ash prepare by posting questions on here, instead of relying on the chat room.

This is what I thought this thread was for.

You're quite right. I moved the off-topic comments, especially those of that troublemaker maringo, to this thread.

Hopefully, we'll have some news on this week's show soon.

remaha
Posted 13/2/2007 17:45 (#3839 - in reply to #2005)
Subject: RE: Radio Show - constructive criticism

Executive Member

I am in awe of the powers available to the mods on this forum!

Naturally, I didn't expect my posts to be considered off-topic when I raised the issue.

Foisted by my own petard, methinks  

[Or is it "hoisted by my own petard"?  I just did a quick check on google and no-one seems to know!]

deeb
Posted 13/2/2007 18:34 (#3844 - in reply to #3839)

remaha - 13/2/2007 17:45

[Or is it "hoisted by my own petard"? I just did a quick check on google and no-one seems to know!]

"Hoist by my own petard" (now, often, hoisted)

remaha
Posted 13/2/2007 18:51 (#3845 - in reply to #3844)

Executive Member

deeb - 13/2/2007 18:34
remaha - 13/2/2007 17:45

[Or is it "hoisted by my own petard"? I just did a quick check on google and no-one seems to know!]

"Hoist by my own petard" (now, often, hoisted)

Thanks. I might have known I'd choose the wrong one!

Odm
Posted 13/2/2007 23:15 (#3888 - in reply to #2005)
Subject: Re: Radio Show - constructive criticism

In Aisleynes last show she said she would be having Imogen on the show. Firstly it was expected Imogen to be on Ais show this Thursday coming up, but Imogen did,nt confirm that. What Imogen said was that she will definately come on the show EITHER this week or the next . I think she said it would probably be the next ( that is 22nd Feb). But anything could happen I suppose. I think it would be nice for Ais to have her friend PORTIA as a guest. I would also like to hear Aisleyne interview Mike Tyson.

Another really zany girl from the Radio and an old favourite of mine was Zoe Ball. It would be interesting if Ais interviewed her and what tips Zoey might give.
remaha
Posted 20/2/2007 19:26 (#4541 - in reply to #2005)

Executive Member

It's Tuesday and there's still no word on who the guest might be on Thursday, if any. It would generate a bit of interest if we knew in advance.   
bengos
Posted 20/2/2007 21:15 (#4553 - in reply to #2005)

Executive Member

I think Portia is a cracking guest idea, odm!

We must remember that the show/station probably has no guest budget whatsoever so Ais is relying on her friends.

I think it'd be great to have Ais's Dad on!
sophie
Posted 20/2/2007 21:23 (#4554 - in reply to #2005)

awwww yeh that wud be sooo amazing if her dad was on.. thats a good idea
Jump to page : 1 2 3 4 5
Now viewing page 3 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread