You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Forum

Radio Show - constructive criticism
Moderators: Admin, Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2 3 4 5
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Aisleyne -> Aisleyne's Film, TV & Radio WorkMessage format

mich007
Posted 2/2/2007 20:50 (#2156 - in reply to #2005)
Subject: Re: Radio Show - constructive criticism

By the way Ash I thought you were yourself and natural IMO.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
becki
Posted 3/2/2007 01:55 (#2212 - in reply to #2156)

Executive Member

mich007 - 2/2/2007 20:50

By the way Ash I thought you were yourself and natural IMO.

Thats why i loved it so much.
As long as Ash is herself, it will all go well. Like it did on Thursday x
mich007
Posted 3/2/2007 06:43 (#2229 - in reply to #2005)

Just a little food for thought. There's always room for improvement Ash, and you will receive a lot of criticism and ideas. My advice to you would be to be open but remember at the end of the day though you invite people to interact it is really your show after all. You know what is about and what you have set out to achieve so follow your heart. If you take on board every idea and criticism the show you could end up loosing the essence of what it was originally supposed to be about . In reality it is impossible to please everyone and some people may not really get it so at the end of the day just be true to yourself, and stay close to your original aims and objectives and you can't go wrong. Here's to exciting times on air............. By the way I loved the show and I will listen again.
kowalski
Posted 3/2/2007 11:04 (#2235 - in reply to #2005)

Senate Member

I think the best format for Ash is having someone there to chat with , like on steve wright , he's always got someone there with him to bounce off .

Also - an Ash diary would be good where she just tells us what she's been up to that week , not just celeb stuff but ordinary stuff too , Ash is very down to earth .
And keep us informed of any PAs or photoshoots etc.

k

maringo
Posted 3/2/2007 16:03 (#2247 - in reply to #2005)
Subject: RE: Radio Show - constructive criticism

I'd just like to add that Michael was good on the show too. He was slightly overshadowed by Aisleyne, with it being her debut show and everything. However, he also came across well and I liked his "diva strop" gossip.

He would make a welcome returning guest.
Julian
Posted 4/2/2007 16:41 (#2384 - in reply to #2143)

Executive Member

For the casual listener all the song interruptions must have been pretty frustrating but as someone who tuned in to hear Aisleyne I could quite happily have done without any music at all

I guess there's a happy medium, though

To be honest, I wasn't overly impressed by Aisleyne's DJ'ing in the house as I didn't think it sounded particularly natural compared to some of the others but she was 100% better this time round. I found the whole thing very enjoyable and I thought it really brought home what a lovely girl Ais is

Regards

Julian
maringo
Posted 7/2/2007 15:45 (#2704 - in reply to #2005)

One final point. It would be nice if the artist and track names were mentioned before (and perhaps after as well) the track is played. A lot of last week's tunes were left unidentified and it took me a bit of Googling to create the playlist.
becki
Posted 7/2/2007 17:06 (#2725 - in reply to #2704)

Executive Member

maringo - 7/2/2007 15:45

One final point. It would be nice if the artist and track names were mentioned before (and perhaps after as well) the track is played. A lot of last week's tunes were left unidentified and it took me a bit of Googling to create the playlist.

Yeah that would be good
premierscfc
Posted 9/2/2007 09:28 (#3075 - in reply to #2005)

I feel that the chatroom may be a bit of a hindrance as things stand. It is a full time job trying to keep up with the chat and I am only listening to the show. I suspect it is nigh on impossible for Aisleyne to keep a proper eye on it. Maybe Aisleyne could ask whoever is with her in the studio to keep an eye on the chat and draw Aisleyne's attention to what is going on so that she can comment on the chatroom at a more appropriate moment, not the middle of a record.

I thought Aisleyne sounded like she was having more fun and was more relaxed last night than the first show. Roll on next Thursday.
emma*the*bird
Posted 9/2/2007 11:09 (#3077 - in reply to #2005)

It's not my thing at all but Ais is doing fine and I wish her the best. She's a little rough around the edges but she'll get there. Music is not my taste. I'm a little older. lol

It must be nerve wrecking so kudos to her.
bengos
Posted 9/2/2007 15:25 (#3084 - in reply to #2005)

Executive Member

A few constructive suggestions now Ais is two shows in.

Have a backing track for when you're not actually playing a tune. It means that any pauses or silence from you or a caller lose any embarrassing impact or untidy listening. Only needs to be faint and in the background.

Start to develop a theme for each hour of the show (like you tried to do with the "internet dating" idea in show one) and encourage the callers to talk about it. It's all great at the moment, and it's great to hear all the calls saying how great Ais is, but after 6 weeks I think it might get a bit irksome and put off "normal listeners".

Try and watch the language and pre-record any pranks.

Loving it, though - Ais is very natural and comes accross as very warm and has a great rapport with the audience.
maringo
Posted 9/2/2007 15:29 (#3085 - in reply to #3075)

premierscfc - 9/2/2007 09:28 I feel that the chatroom may be a bit of a hindrance as things stand. It is a full time job trying to keep up with the chat and I am only listening to the show. I suspect it is nigh on impossible for Aisleyne to keep a proper eye on it. Maybe Aisleyne could ask whoever is with her in the studio to keep an eye on the chat and draw Aisleyne's attention to what is going on so that she can comment on the chatroom at a more appropriate moment, not the middle of a record. .

I completely agree with that. The large amount of people in the chatroom made it difficult for anyone else to log on, and also made it difficult to follow the very fast chat flow.

dannyk
Posted 9/2/2007 15:51 (#3094 - in reply to #2005)

I like the chat, but yesterday it felt like everyone was fighting to be heard (which I don't think was that much of a problem in the first show) so I didn't say much.

Maybe if people have something important to say they could try email or phoning instead (Bradley sent an email which got read out, I think?) rather than spamming the chat saying the same thing over and over.
remaha
Posted 10/2/2007 08:39 (#3170 - in reply to #2005)

Executive Member

My constructive criticism for the 8th February Radio Show

First off, there's no doubting Ash has kissed the Blarney Stone and that she has a very natural way of chatting to callers and putting them at ease. That really is a talent that she ought to be able to put to good use on a bigger stage. Secondly, she has a good sense of humour and does a paticularly good line in self-deprecation.

Obviously Ash didn't have the time to do any real planning for this show and we should be grateful that she managed to turn up at all. Nevertheless, it seemed to run a lot smoother than last week. Imagine how good she would be with proper planning, a good subject for discussion, equipment that's set at the right sound levels, a phone that works properly, and an audience that has something to say.

Although the swearing doesn't particularly bother me, it is not something she would get away with on national radio these days and if Ash wants to progress to a bigger stage, she needs to learn to cut that out. I've never been a fan of prank calls but doing them live on air is just asking for trouble in this regard.

Idea for a guest next week - a paparazzi photographer. Talk about press intrusion, relationship between celebs and press, celebs I have papped, what makes a good photo, etc, etc. 

And I have a music request - I'd like to hear anything by ODM and her man (come on Izzy, send in a tape or a CD, don't be shy!).

mich007
Posted 10/2/2007 09:01 (#3173 - in reply to #2005)

I don't think the swearing was intentional unless I missed something but I hope she doesn't slip up again (not being hard on her), but this should be the stepping stone to greater things. I'd also say she needs to be careful when joking. She made a joke with reference to a political organisation. I am only saying it because I don't want her to get into trouble. Also I would say to Ash to be careful about giving details of your location.......... Perhaps I am being too over cautious but trust me I mean well. I wonder if Ash would consider making her Radio show a Big Brother free comment show. At least refusing to make references to her enemies, which only gives them free publicity.

I caught the last half hour of the show,I love her relaxed attitude. Ash would definitely suit a Tricia like show, I dream't she was on the right stuff that would suit her as well.

Did anyone record this I didn't hear the whole show, is there a link.
remaha
Posted 10/2/2007 09:03 (#3174 - in reply to #3170)

Executive Member

As a PS to my previous post, I agree that we need another way of communicating with Ash about the radio show. An e-mail address at Invincible would be the obvious answer. However as ofni and I suggested last week, this forum could be put to use as well if we have advanced notice of who the guest is going to be.

How about a messages and dedications thread for the show as well? 

bengos
Posted 10/2/2007 17:44 (#3230 - in reply to #2005)

Executive Member

This might sound petty, but worth the producer noting that the coding/beeps for Imogen's phone number could be heard when they phoned her up and this should be avoided at all costs. Anyone could now play back that portion of the show and hold their phone handset up to their speaker and.....voila! You've just phoned Imogen.
maringo
Posted 10/2/2007 17:49 (#3231 - in reply to #3174)

remaha - 10/2/2007 09:03

As a PS to my previous post, I agree that we need another way of communicating with Ash about the radio show. An e-mail address at Invincible would be the obvious answer. However as ofni and I suggested last week, this forum could be put to use as well if we have advanced notice of who the guest is going to be.

How about a messages and dedications thread for the show as well? 

A new section of this forum has now been set-up. We'll bring the requests and third radio show threads to the attention of the appropriate people. Hopefully, some posts might be read out on air, as the chatroom is currently having difficultly coping with the number of people.

ofni
Posted 10/2/2007 19:00 (#3257 - in reply to #2005)
Subject: Re: Aisleyne's third show (Feb 15th)

Yeh that's good, maringo.

I hope that as Aisleyne's core fans we can get beyond seeing the show as just an extension of this forum, and really help Aisleyne establish herself and generate new fans through the show. What I think is needed is suitable guidance from "the appropriate people" on the kind of input we should be making, and a certain amount of "discipline" on our part (ie not just clogging up the chatroom with our own "burning questions" but listening and responding to what Aisleyne asks for during the programme etc.)

Stephanie
Posted 10/2/2007 19:19 (#3261 - in reply to #2005)

I would like to know if we will be able to down load the radio show as a podcast?
remaha
Posted 10/2/2007 19:37 (#3267 - in reply to #2005)
Subject: RE: Aisleyne's third show (Feb 15th)

Executive Member

I agree with ofni. I made the suggestion on another thread that a good guest for Ash would be a paparazzi photographer. Let's face it she has the contacts.

Another idea, perhaps, is to have a journalist from More magazine or one of the photographers or stylists from one of Ash's photoshoots.

The best thing to do in the first few weeks is to stick to subjects she's comfortable with. She could even get a couple of friends from the promo world to talk about life as a promo girl. I bet once they got going they would come up with some interesting stories.

And if Ash didn't keep giving these pop stars the brush off, she could try to get one of them on. A good opportunity coming up at the Brits to get someone to agree to come on the show, particularly after they've had a few!

It would be useful to post the Invincible telephone number on the forum btw.

sophie
Posted 10/2/2007 20:04 (#3279 - in reply to #2005)

the phone number is: 08707436653
maringo
Posted 11/2/2007 04:49 (#3338 - in reply to #3261)

Stephanie - 10/2/2007 19:19 I would like to know if we will be able to down load the radio show as a podcast?

The music tracks would have to be edited out first for copyright reasons, like the Big Brother FM podcasts. A bit difficult with Aisleyne's "interrupt the track at random intervals" style.

However, it is an interesting idea.

maringo
Posted 11/2/2007 04:54 (#3339 - in reply to #3267)

remaha - 10/2/2007 19:37

I agree with ofni. I made the suggestion on another thread that a good guest for Ash would be a paparazzi photographer. Let's face it she has the contacts.

You're both right. The radio show could get more people listening than just Aisleyne fans, if the right guests and themes were chosen.

The Internet dating topic from the first show was a good idea, but a lot of people on the phones and chatroom were only interested in talking about BB7 (understandable given it was her first show).

Odm
Posted 11/2/2007 17:39 (#3395 - in reply to #3339)

I know people want to talk about BB7 but thats how we get Aisleyne constantly labelled ...I just wish people would MOVE ON.. Ais has got so much more to offer us...

She left the BB house some while ago now and has been involved in plenty of shoots and P.A.s. She has obviously been involved in certain talks about film parts as well as the Radio Show which is now in full swing. Aisleyne is going to want people to focus on her current efforts which is only natural really.... I honestly have said over and over that people should let things go and just embrace AISLEYNE not BB7 Aisleyne...that is all done and dusted nomatter what questions people want to ask.

I would have imagined that as time goes by small nitty gritty details just lose their significance and that might happen to Aisleyne regarding her time in the BB house. Im not saying that is the case, what Im saying is that the further away she moves from her time in the house, the more distant the memory...and she then wont be able to supply accurately all those little snippets that some are so dying to hear...

Frankly, I cant see the point in raking over dead leaves..I am all for Aisleynes future..the past has gone..

it is 2007 is,nt it? ( prepares for a roasting.. )
Jump to page : 1 2 3 4 5
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread