You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Forum

Radio Show - constructive criticism
Moderators: Admin, Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2 3 4 5
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Aisleyne -> Aisleyne's Film, TV & Radio WorkMessage format

remaha
Posted 2/2/2007 10:44 (#2005)
Subject: Radio Show - constructive criticism

Executive Member

I have now listened to premierscfc's recording of Ash's first radio show and thouroughly enjoyed it. It must have been really nerve-wracking for Ash but I think she showed great promise.

The following comments are offered as constructive criticism and I hope if Ash reads them that she understands that.

First off, Ash, I think you should ditch the "radio voice" and just be yourself. In fact, now I think about it, you did ditch the radio voice once you got into it and relaxed a bit.

Secondly Ash, you should try not to interrupt the records so much. I suspect you've already been told off for this by the producer, so I won't harp on about it! 

Thirdly, whilst it's great having an interactive show, you shouldn't rely on it so much. For example, if you have Imogen on next week, you should have some questions to ask her already prepared.

Fourthly, my favourite bits were the ones where you told us snippets of information about yourself. You have to understand that the life of a celebrity is of great interest to those of us who are not in that position. It doesn't have to be stuff that would make the gossip columns. Even the smallest bits of information that give an insight into your life can be interesting.

I can't stress enough though Ash how proud I was of you. I will definitely be listening next week and may even call you up during the show, assuming I can get through!

Edit: Now I think about it, I probably should have posted this on a different board. If the Mods agree, I'm sure they'll move it.

Further edit: Eeeek, I've just realised that this shows on the website because it is the top post in the News section!!! Please save my blushes mods by moving it for me to the General Comments board.

Edited by remaha 2/2/2007 10:57
Top of the page Bottom of the page
remaha
Posted 2/2/2007 11:05 (#2009 - in reply to #2005)
Subject: RE: Radio Show - constructive criticism

Executive Member

Phew

Thanks for moving the thread.

Saj
Posted 2/2/2007 11:08 (#2010 - in reply to #2009)
Subject: Re: Radio Show - constructive criticism

how did you listen to the recording? I want to listen to it again
I think Ash did very well, bit nervous at the start but she did well and I like how she didn't make it all formal and it was like she was just having a chat with us
remaha
Posted 2/2/2007 11:17 (#2011 - in reply to #2010)

Executive Member

Saj - 2/2/2007 11:08 how did you listen to the recording? I want to listen to it again I think Ash did very well, bit nervous at the start but she did well and I like how she didn't make it all formal and it was like she was just having a chat with us

I've PM'd you cos I'm not sure whether I'm allowed to post the link here. :ninja

secrethousemate
Posted 2/2/2007 11:40 (#2013 - in reply to #2011)

I think she was interrupting songs because questions or comments were appearing on the chat screen and disappearing just as quickly. What she needs is an assistant or producer to organise the best questions into some order and let her answer them between tracks. Also callers were coming straight through to the studio so Ash was stopping tracks to let them speak!

All in all, a great first effort and things will only get better in future
becki
Posted 2/2/2007 12:18 (#2019 - in reply to #2013)

Executive Member

secrethousemate - 2/2/2007 11:40

I think she was interrupting songs because questions or comments were appearing on the chat screen and disappearing just as quickly. What she needs is an assistant or producer to organise the best questions into some order and let her answer them between tracks. Also callers were coming straight through to the studio so Ash was stopping tracks to let them speak!

All in all, a great first effort and things will only get better in future

Yeah i agree.
It didnt really bother me when Ash was pausing songs to answer questions.
I really enjoyed the show, it was fab!
Aisleyne did really well. x

Edited by becki 2/2/2007 12:19
emptybox
Posted 2/2/2007 12:53 (#2023 - in reply to #2005)

Must admit, I didn't notice a "radio voice". Ithought Ash was herself from the off, Which was great.

I do agree about cutting off songs in the middle though.
She could always chat in the Chatroom while the song is playing.
remaha
Posted 2/2/2007 13:47 (#2026 - in reply to #2013)

Executive Member

secrethousemate - 2/2/2007 11:40 I think she was interrupting songs because questions or comments were appearing on the chat screen and disappearing just as quickly. What she needs is an assistant or producer to organise the best questions into some order and let her answer them between tracks. Also callers were coming straight through to the studio so Ash was stopping tracks to let them speak! All in all, a great first effort and things will only get better in future

Ahhh, I thought that might be the case. I didn't actually get to participate or hear it live. However, if that's the case, all this interactivity must have been very difficult to manage.

Ash when I ring up, feel free to put me on hold, OK!

remaha
Posted 2/2/2007 14:22 (#2028 - in reply to #2005)

Executive Member

Claire originally said that she's let us have an e-mail address so that we could forward questions or comments for Ash to use on her show. I'm not sure, but I don't think this ever materialised. I would have thought it would be useful for Ash to have some questions lined up in advance that she could prepare answers to and use to fill any awkward gaps. 

If they don't want to give out an e-mail address that people can use to contact her directly, couldn't we have a thread on the forum that can be used for this purpose. Or maybe  Ash could just use some of the questions from the Ask Aisleyne Board. 

ofni
Posted 2/2/2007 14:39 (#2032 - in reply to #2005)

I was thinking along the same lines, though I was thinking of a separate thread, which could be a bit broader in allowable content to cover comments and opinions which Aisleyne wants people to feed into her show.

If we know who the guest is going to be another thread could also be started for questions for each of them too. Especially someone like Imogen, who would generate lots of questions, both from members on here but also from her own fanbase. That would enable Aisleyne as regular host to put guests in the spotlight and keep her own answers and comments back for a "slower" week. That way there will be more variation from week to week and keep the novelty factor going longer. It would also take the presure off Aisleyne and add to the audience figures if Imogen fans knew thay would get a chance to interact with her in the chat room, and Invincible Radio would be even more delighted with the listening figures. Imogen would also doubtless be keen to show what SHE can do with some "hot topics" so it would be a WIN-WIN all round.

Edited by ofni 2/2/2007 14:44
dannyk
Posted 2/2/2007 14:44 (#2034 - in reply to #2005)

I didn't mind the interrupting songs so much, but floating listeners who weren't in the chat room mightn't have liked it.

That's all I have to say. I thought Aisleyne did a brilliant job and I was so pleased for her. Well done babe.

Edited by dannyk 2/2/2007 14:45
maringo
Posted 2/2/2007 15:24 (#2038 - in reply to #2005)

I was impressed. She did a good job.

I liked to hear her and Michael chatting about stuff, and it saved her from playing every single track on India Arie's Acoustic Soul.

There should have been a bit less emphasis on BB7, especially on certain other housemates (you know who I'm talking about).
sophie
Posted 2/2/2007 16:45 (#2045 - in reply to #2005)

i thought everything was brill.. very entertaining.. CANT WAIT TILL THURSDAY NOW:D.. i didnt mind the interuptions.. it was all kooooooooooooooooool.. was brilliant.. hehe xx
sophie
Posted 2/2/2007 16:47 (#2046 - in reply to #2005)

how was i anyways?? wen i foned lol
sophie
Posted 2/2/2007 16:49 (#2047 - in reply to #2005)

i thought after i went.. dat i spoke 2 fast..was it hard to understand me..
becki
Posted 2/2/2007 17:24 (#2054 - in reply to #2005)

Executive Member

Dont worry about it Sophie, you were fab
I didnt think there was anything wrong with the show either, i'm excited for the next one!!
sophie
Posted 2/2/2007 17:29 (#2057 - in reply to #2005)

yeah me to.. im very impatient aswel.. so all week ill b like hurry up thursday lol!!
dannyk
Posted 2/2/2007 17:54 (#2068 - in reply to #2047)

sophie - 2/2/2007 16:49

i thought after i went.. dat i spoke 2 fast..was it hard to understand me..

Not at all Sophie. You sounded excited but not hard to understand.
Anthonyb
Posted 2/2/2007 17:57 (#2069 - in reply to #2005)

She was actually making me laugh iterupting the songs every 10 seconds, it would drive me crazy if i was only listening for the music and wasnt intrested in what she had to say but obviously that isnt the case, i thourght she was pretty natural actually, apart from a few awkard moments it just felt like she was being herself and having a good time, im sure as she gains experience she will get better and better.
remaha
Posted 2/2/2007 18:18 (#2075 - in reply to #2032)

Executive Member

ofni - 2/2/2007 14:39 I was thinking along the same lines, though I was thinking of a separate thread, which could be a bit broader in allowable content to cover comments and opinions which Aisleyne wants people to feed into her show. If we know who the guest is going to be another thread could also be started for questions for each of them too. Especially someone like Imogen, who would generate lots of questions, both from members on here but also from her own fanbase. That would enable Aisleyne as regular host to put guests in the spotlight and keep her own answers and comments back for a "slower" week. That way there will be more variation from week to week and keep the novelty factor going longer. It would also take the presure off Aisleyne and add to the audience figures if Imogen fans knew thay would get a chance to interact with her in the chat room, and Invincible Radio would be even more delighted with the listening figures. Imogen would also doubtless be keen to show what SHE can do with some "hot topics" so it would be a WIN-WIN all round.

Ofni, I was thinking along the same lines but knew that I didn't really need to teach grandmother to suck eggs.

Sophie, you sounded great to me when you called up btw, and one thing you can be sure of is that Aisleyne really appreciated it.

I know that there will be some people who think that I shouldn't have started this thread. So I'd like to point out that I'd have kept my thoughts to myself if I had thought Ash was rubbish. As I said in my OP though, I thought Ash was really entertaining and shows great potential. If I had done my first radio show, I'd want people to tell me how they thought I could improve. In fact, if people told me that I was perfect after my first radio show, I simply wouldn't believe them.

maringo
Posted 2/2/2007 18:30 (#2077 - in reply to #2075)

remaha - 2/2/2007 18:18

I know that there will be some people who think that I shouldn't have started this thread. So I'd like to point out that I'd have kept my thoughts to myself if I had thought Ash was rubbish. As I said in my OP though, I thought Ash was really entertaining and shows great potential. If I had done my first radio show, I'd want people to tell me how they thought I could improve. In fact, if people told me that I was perfect after my first radio show, I simply wouldn't believe them.

You were quite right to start this thread, even if it was in the wrong place at first.

I'm sure Aisleyne will appreciate the feedback.
Odm
Posted 2/2/2007 18:35 (#2079 - in reply to #2077)

maringo - 2/2/2007 18:30
remaha - 2/2/2007 18:18

You were quite right to start this thread, even if it was in the wrong place at first. I'm sure Aisleyne will appreciate the feedback.

I agree with the above  'invisible man'

Remaha..  Great thread idea....

Edited by Odm 2/2/2007 18:37
ofni
Posted 2/2/2007 19:03 (#2093 - in reply to #2005)

I think we owe it to Aisleyne to give her our honest opinions on anything she does, especially when we know she is looking for feedback. First, she really does like to "keep it real" and so should we. Second, if we say that "X "was just OK, but "Y" was sensational then it makes Y that much more special and the praise that much more meaningful. I'm sure Ash can cope with the negative as long as it's "positive negative" if that makes sense. It'll help her to know herself!
mich007
Posted 2/2/2007 19:42 (#2104 - in reply to #2005)

The way I see it is that it is predominantly a discussion show therefore chat takes presidence over the music. There are many other DJ's who operate in this style. It's not like Choice FM when you are playing chart music, the music is there to fill in the gaps IMO. I thought Ash sounded brill very down to earth and real so the callers could relax. All in all it was a great job. My only problem was the....... well I better not go into it. I am sure Claire will speak to her, it is not wise to read out everything you receive, wisdom needs to prevail. Well it's a learning curve but I like your style Ash. I am so excited for you, this radio show fits you like a glove, brilliant. A stepping stone to greater things if you ask me. Next stop who knows the skys the limit. You will receive all kinds of feedback but you have to seperate the chaff from the wheat, at the end of the day just be yourself be natural.

Edited by mich007 2/2/2007 19:45
becki
Posted 2/2/2007 20:32 (#2143 - in reply to #2005)

Executive Member

I thought Aisleyne was herself yestorday, and thats why it was such a success. I was so happy for her, she did really well.
Jump to page : 1 2 3 4 5
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread