You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Forum

Big Brother 9
Moderators: Admin, Moderators

Jump to page : < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... >
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General -> Big Brother & OthersMessage format

premierscfc
Posted 5/6/2008 22:45 (#29174)
Subject: Big Brother 9

Aisleyne has watched the launch show and loves it so far. She's writing her blog now - it should be online around 1 pm Friday.

http://www.revealblog.co.uk/bbblog.ASP 

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Julian
Posted 6/6/2008 01:07 (#29183 - in reply to #29174)
Subject: RE: Big Brother 9

Executive Member

Very hard to tell from first impressions but right now I'm quite liking everyone (except maybe the shrieker )

The secret task is a good idea at the moment but I'd be surprised if they were really taken in by the wedding twist. If it were me I'd just play along secure in the knowledge that no way would they do something like that for real. Stll, maybe that's just me

I do think its sad that so many people feel they have to boo the contestants going in, nowadays. It's bad enough on the way out but on the way in? Where's the attraction in making people feel bad?

Regards

Julian

Edited by Julian 6/6/2008 01:17
Julian
Posted 7/6/2008 03:24 (#29203 - in reply to #29183)

Executive Member

Apart from Rebecca who is too loud, I don't have a problem with any of them at this point.

Mario scored some brownie points, taking Michael under his wing and giving him a tour of the house. I think he's a nice guy if a little over-earnest :D

Lisa seems to be taking the twist in good humour. If BB were hoping she'd feel threatened by Steph I don't think it's going to happen.

Steph is certainly a looker but she seems to be quite sweet with it. She could easily be the first one out the way things are going and I really hope not as I think she has potential.

Luke at the moment seems to be a bit of a non-entity. I suspect BB added him as the fourth member of the secret mission housemates in the hope that if the four end up going up he'll be the most expendable. He would certainly be my choice to go if that happened.

Dale's VT set him up as the arrogant type but I think it's just a case of audition hype, to be honest. He seems like a nice enough bloke.

I'm not sure about Sylvia. I think she could be a love her or hate her type and I'm not sure which at the moment! She reminds me a bit of both BB8 Charlie and BB6 Makosi which doesn't bode well but she did show some concern for Rebecca on her entrance, giving her a drink to calm down so she could be alright.

I wasn't keen on Alexandra at first. I'm still not sure but she's growing on me watching the live streaming.

I've not seen much of Rebecca other than all the screeching during the launch night. She's probably my least favourte right now.

Michael is a nice guy and quite funny. Hopefully if he does well it will be because of his personality and not because he's the next Pete/Nadia object of sympathy type.

I wasn't sure about Darnell but he's growing on me.

I haven't seen enough of Rex and Mohammed to make much of a judgement but initial impressions are good.

Everyone seems to be loving Kathraya (including Aisleyne). I like her but she's a bit too out there for me at the moment. She's like a cartoon character which is great for a laugh but I'm not sure how she'll be as a housemate. She reminds me of a celebrity they have on BBLB and BBBM from time to time (can't remember her name but she looks similar, sounds similar and is just as wacky!)

I'm not overly keen on Dennis' over the top antics either but he seems to have calmed down now.

Both Jennifer and Rachel are quite high in my estimation at the moment and not just for their looks - although I must say there's a lot of eye-candy for us guys this year

Watching the streaming it looks as though most of the group have pretty much sussed that Mario and Steph aren't a real couple. Still, finding that out doesn't actually fail the task because the actual task is that they shouldn't find out that Mario and Lisa are a couple and I don't think anyone has got an inkling about that!

Regards

Julian
premierscfc
Posted 7/6/2008 10:15 (#29204 - in reply to #29203)

Julian - 7/6/2008 03:24 Everyone seems to be loving Kathraya (including Aisleyne). I like her but she's a bit too out there for me at the moment. She's like a cartoon character which is great for a laugh but I'm not sure how she'll be as a housemate. She reminds me of a celebrity they have on BBLB and BBBM from time to time (can't remember her name but she looks similar, sounds similar and is just as wacky!)

She does remind me of Nancy Lamb but probably even more wacky. Alexandra is nasty piece of work in my opinion, she started to suss the twist which is fair eneough but the things she called Stephanie who is after all only playing a role in the twist was totally uncalled for. She went on and on and on and on as well. Depending on which group is up for eviction I see either Alexandra or Stephanie as being the first to go. I do think this bunch of housemates are a step up from last year though and hopefully we will have a decent series.

premierscfc
Posted 7/6/2008 22:14 (#29211 - in reply to #29174)

Alexandra got a very good edit tonight.  They should have shown her calling Stephanie a bitch behind her back.  She is very similar to Charley.
secrethousemate
Posted 8/6/2008 00:28 (#29218 - in reply to #29174)
Subject: Re: Big Brother 9

To mark the launch of BB9, a survey was commissioned of BB's worst ever housemates:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/bigbrother9/a98007/jade-goody-is-worst-...

A rather predictable list of names there ;-)
Julian
Posted 8/6/2008 01:38 (#29220 - in reply to #29218)

Executive Member

Most of mine aren't even on the list

I suppose it depends whether you define worst housemate as the least entertaining or the most dislikeable as they are definitely not the same thing.

Makosi was probably one of the best housemates in terms of what she brought to the show but she was absolutely my least favourite housemate as far as how much I disliked her as a person.

Derek from the same year is a close runner-up, for me, followed by Ahmed (BB5) and Alex (BB3).

Regards

Julian
Julian
Posted 8/6/2008 01:51 (#29221 - in reply to #29211)

Executive Member

premierscfc - 7/6/2008 22:14

Alexandra got a very good edit tonight.  They should have shown her calling Stephanie a bitch behind her back.  She is very similar to Charley.

I haven't seen that but it wouldn't surprise me.

I'm not really a fan of Steph at the moment. Poor Mario is being very patient with her but she isn't half making things more difficult than they need to be

Still, at this point it's hard to see how they could fail the task. BB were quite clever to misdirect the housemates with one lie in order to hide another one. There are some pretty sharp people this year, it has to be said, but they don't have a clue about the real secret.

I think it's going to make Mario and Lisa's life in the house even more difficult, though. It's natural to see a couple as a threat given the fact that there's a rock solid alliance between them. Making them lie to the group and giving them preferential treatment (in terms of immunity) could easily cause resentment, or at least an easy reason for nomination. If they win immunity this week I can definitely see several of the four being nominated in retaliation the week after. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if Steph and Mario nominated each other as well!

Regards

Julian
sophie
Posted 8/6/2008 15:52 (#29225 - in reply to #29211)

premierscfc - 7/6/2008 22:14 Alexandra got a very good edit tonight.  They should have shown her calling Stephanie a bitch behind her back.  She is very similar to Charley.

shes doing my bloody head in so far

premierscfc
Posted 8/6/2008 16:55 (#29226 - in reply to #29174)

So BB meddles again and tells the housemates there is a secret couple.  They obviously have there own agends as usual as to who they want to stay and go.  Just as the old BB seemed to be back they go and spoil it.  That's me done with BB9.
Julian
Posted 8/6/2008 18:39 (#29230 - in reply to #29226)

Executive Member

premierscfc - 8/6/2008 16:55

So BB meddles again and tells the housemates there is a secret couple.  They obviously have there own agends as usual as to who they want to stay and go.  Just as the old BB seemed to be back they go and spoil it.  That's me done with BB9.

If Mario and Steph had been sufficiently convincing, people might have been looking elsewhere for the couple. Plus the group could easily have gone for a pairing with Steph and someone rather than Mario and someone. I think the game was fair and as long as Mario and Lisa don't go I won't be too upset.

Regards

Julian

Edited by Julian 8/6/2008 18:42
Julian
Posted 10/6/2008 00:44 (#29263 - in reply to #29230)

Executive Member

Just out of interest, the bit from tonight's highlights where Mario, Lisa and Mikey talk about Alex was quite heavily chopped about. From the highlight show it came across as though they were being prudish about Rebecca's skinny dipping etc. but, from what I remember from the live streaming, it wasn't that at all.

The main thing Mikey was upset about was the hypocritical way in which Alex had told Rachel, in an earlier argument, that she obviously hadn't been brought up properly. H considered Rachel to be one of the most inoffensive people in the house whereas, in contrast, Alex's own language during the truth-or-dare was pretty 'blue'. He also disliked the way in which Alex had asked Dale a question during the truth-or-dare as to whether he had liked Lisa's cooking. Mikey considered that a bitchy and calculated snipe at Lisa in her absence.

Another few snippets from the live streaming: Mario asked Lisa if she would want him to leave if she was evicted and vice-versa. He seemed quote willing to do so but Lisa told him that whoever left the other should stick it out. Mario reckons he wouldn't be upset if he went as he'd had a good time up to that point and had no expectations of winning. Lisa also agreed that she never reckoned she could win either. They concluded it would probably be one of them who left although they felt that, since Steph had been so unhelpful in the task, the fairest result would be if she went.

Personally, I'd like to see Steph or Luke go. Mario and Lisa are two of my favourites at the moment.

Regards

Julian
premierscfc
Posted 10/6/2008 10:14 (#29265 - in reply to #29174)

Stephanie may have done enough to save herself last night.  Alexandra (who must have a side bet on beating Sezers %) went off on one last night over burnt oven chips and really laid into Rachel and Rebecca.  Stephanie stood up to Alexandra and told her that she should not speak to people the way she does.  It will be interesting to see what Alexandras sidekicks (Dennis and Sylvia) do now, will they distance themselves from Alexandra or will they go one after the other just like Graces little army did in BB7?  The first time BB does not interfere with the nominations process then Alexandra will be up with probably everyone bar Sylvia and Dennis nominating her and no doubt the public will have her out.
premierscfc
Posted 10/6/2008 13:02 (#29269 - in reply to #29174)

For anyone interested here is Darnell's Myspace where you can listen to his music.

http://www.myspace.com/platinumdtheartist

He has more talent than he gives himself credit for. 

sophie
Posted 10/6/2008 14:12 (#29270 - in reply to #29174)

i bet BB dont show all of argument and make alexandra look like she was right grrrrr i hate her

woahh hes a well awseome singer!!

Edited by sophie 10/6/2008 14:19
robbie123
Posted 10/6/2008 16:45 (#29274 - in reply to #29174)

Alexandra gets on my nerves i almost teared apart the blanket i had on whilst watching it last night :|
robbie123
Posted 10/6/2008 17:22 (#29276 - in reply to #29174)

she made Micky Cry!
Julian
Posted 11/6/2008 00:01 (#29290 - in reply to #29265)

Executive Member

premierscfc - 10/6/2008 10:14

Stephanie may have done enough to save herself last night. 

Now that I've seen it, I reckon it will definitely have done her some favours.

I've now changed my mind and would rather Luke went on Friday. I think his conspiracy theories about Mario are a bit suspect, to be honest. People with that suspicious a mind are often not so straight-up themselves

Regards

Julian
emptybox
Posted 11/6/2008 01:14 (#29291 - in reply to #29269)

premierscfc - 10/6/2008 13:02

For anyone interested here is Darnell's Myspace where you can listen to his music.

http://www.myspace.com/platinumdtheartist

He has more talent than he gives himself credit for.

There are some good varied tracks on there.
Someone's obviously keeping it up for him while he's in the house.

I think it will be Mario who is first out.
I liked him to begin with, but I think he has latched on to Mikey too much.

I would like to see how Lisa is without his influence.
She hasn't done much so far, but I quite like her.

premierscfc
Posted 11/6/2008 10:05 (#29293 - in reply to #29291)

emptybox - 11/6/2008 01:14 I think it will be Mario who is first out.
I liked him to begin with, but I think he has latched on to Mikey too much.

I would like to see how Lisa is without his influence.
She hasn't done much so far, but I quite like her.

I'm not sure it's a calculated move by Mario to latch onto Mikey and I am prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt. I have a mate who is handicapped and needs a wheelchair. He is a talented athlete though and won a bronze medal at the 100 metres at the Paralympics. However when we would go out to the pub for instance another one of my pals would be too helpful without realising what he was doing (loud voice "coming through" and pushing the chair when there is no need for instance if going to the toilets) without thinking that if he was not there then my mate would still manage without him. He would make a fuss out of opening doors or even little things like making a cup of tea. He has a heart of gold but we call him Florence as in Nightingale. I see a lot of that kind of behaviour in Mario and not so much as plotting to use Mikey as a key to staying in the house. Mind you having said all that, out of the 4 up I still want him out on Friday as he seems to have an opinion on everything and likes the sound of his own voice. The bookies have now made Mario favourite for eviction swapping places with Stephanie.

I was also surprised by Luke in the diary room, he seems quite cold and calculated and I think his nominations will be quite surprising at times during the series. Mind you I don't understand why a 19yo northerner would be a Conservative. He is not to be trusted.

As long as BB does not interfere with nominations then Alex is gone next week and Sezers 91.6% record has a very good chance of being beaten. I can see Alex getting 11 nominations out of the 13 available. Dennis and Sylvia will probably be the ones to go after so the rest of the housemates should be safe enough for the next 3 to 4 weeks.

Kathreya and Darnell are my favourites so far.

Julian
Posted 11/6/2008 13:45 (#29297 - in reply to #29293)

Executive Member

premierscfc - 11/6/2008 10:05
Mind you having said all that, out of the 4 up I still want him out on Friday as he seems to have an opinion on everything and likes the sound of his own voice. The bookies have now made Mario favourite for eviction swapping places with Stephanie.

I was also surprised by Luke in the diary room, he seems quite cold and calculated and I think his nominations will be quite surprising at times during the series.

I have found a few disturbing things in Mario's behaviour recently. Not enough to make me dislike him but enough to dampen my enthusiasm. He does seem to be quite judgemental at times.

I can also see a plus side in him leaving as I think Lisa would do a lot better without him. Having a partner in the house makes her an automatic target for nomination and is also an impediment to integration with the others.

Steph has grown on me so I'd prefer it to be Luke who leaves but, realistically, the bookies odds don't make that very likely.

Regards

Julian
sophie
Posted 11/6/2008 15:53 (#29298 - in reply to #29174)

i like all of the ones up for evictions so im gutted there up. but out of the four..id go with lisa this friday as the others are like have done more and seem more interestin!
i cant stand alex uurgggh shes really annoyin..im glad steph spoke up and bex and rach stook up for them sevles to
my faves so far are katherya luke and steph and mikey there the only ones that havnt annoyed me yet!
boldjohn
Posted 11/6/2008 22:02 (#29299 - in reply to #29298)

Executive Member

Thanks for the reports folks. Please keep them coming. I trust your interpretation of events more than I trust Endemol.
premierscfc
Posted 11/6/2008 22:14 (#29300 - in reply to #29299)

boldjohn - 11/6/2008 22:02 Thanks for the reports folks. Please keep them coming. I trust your interpretation of events more than I trust Endemol.

To be fair John Endemol have not really made a mess of it yet this year (its only the end of week 1 though).  The live feed seems to have far fewer sound dips than the last few years and when there is a soundip a caption appears on screen explaining why.  The end of the wedding task was not brilliant but I have not seen a blatant hatchet job on anyone yet.  The show has the potential to be a good show so far but its down to Endemol to make sure they don't spoil it.  It's so much better than last years debacle. 

premierscfc
Posted 13/6/2008 17:30 (#29332 - in reply to #29174)

Tonights eviction announcement will be from the studio to prevent outside interference from the crowd according to the C4 site.

Big Brother can reveal that Davina will talk to the House from the studio tonight, rather than outside with the crowd. This is to protect the housemates from any outside world information or hints about their popularity. She will still present the rest of the show from the stage outside the House, so it promises to be an exciting and eventful night.

http://www.channel4.com/bigbrother/news/newsstory.jsp?id=2001 

I hope this a general switch in policy and will remain like this for the rest of the series and not just a way of protecting one individual. 

Jump to page : < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... >
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread