You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Forum

Reveal Magazine Big Brother 9 Blog
Moderators: Admin, Moderators

Jump to page : < ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 >
Now viewing page 8 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Aisleyne -> Aisleyne NewsMessage format

Julian
Posted 18/8/2008 13:30 (#30340 - in reply to #30338)
Subject: RE: Reveal Magazine Big Brother 9 Blog

Executive Member

Good blog
Top of the page Bottom of the page
boldjohn
Posted 18/8/2008 13:59 (#30343 - in reply to #30340)

Executive Member

I was led to believe by posts early in the series that Rex was a man of integrity. Now apparently he is a control freak. It could be that his behaviour is a result of the awkward situation in which he has been put by BB. I would hate to be a BB housemate and have my other half come into the house. Every couple has things that they need to discuss in private. I would hate to be watching BB and listening to these conversations. If Rex is a man of integrity (By now you all may realise I know nothing about him), he will want the time to pass quickly and will be as discreet as possible about issues between him and his girlfriend. What I suspect is more likely to happen is for one of them or both of them to leave early and sell the sordid details of their relationship to the tabloids and gossip mags. Anyone not bored with their relationship now will be bored to death by Christmas.
Julian
Posted 18/8/2008 16:53 (#30347 - in reply to #30343)

Executive Member

Rex isn't interested in selling to the tabloids, he's loaded. His relationship with Nicole is far more important to him than BB or tabloid stories and Nicole knows where her bread is buttered. Having said that, if they both can benefit from the media then Rex is savvy enough to make the most of the opportunity.

Rex has always admitted to being a control-freak. He went on BB to try to curb that side of himself and, given his controlling tendencies, he's managed to show quite a bit of restraint. At least with his relationship with BB he's always given due deference to BB and its rules and dealt with everything that BB has thrown at him with equanimity and humour.

Nicole is his Achilles' heel, however. He is, perhaps, too demanding of her but it's clear he's besotted with her and wants nothing more than to make her happy. Nicole is selfish, spoilt and moody. Sometimes she has a valid reason for being upset with Rex sometimes not but the way she handles it is extremely immature.

Rex's main problem in the eyes of the public is the way he apparently bullies people. Particularly Rachel who is, deservedly imo, the internet's sweetheart. Personally, I think that Rex just enjoys a bit of mischievous teasing and winding up and Rachel certainly seems to be taking it that way. There have been a couple of occasions where Rex has been really annoyed at Rachel and the digs have become more prolonged and heartfelt than normal. I think he has a lot to answer for for that, but, in general, I don't think he's that bad a bloke.

Regards

Julian
premierscfc
Posted 18/8/2008 17:19 (#30348 - in reply to #29146)

I don't think Rex ia besotted with Nicole.  He treats her as a possession and expects her to be grateful for what he spends on her.  If he was besotted with her he would not lie and cheat on her.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/big_brother/article1444269.ece

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/big_brother/article1540651.ece

The 2 stories in the press are what Nicole wants to ask him about but BB rules about talking about the outside world prevent her from doing so.  Rex is an odious creep and if Nicole does not dump him then I have little sympathy for her if he carries on making her unhappy. 

Julian
Posted 18/8/2008 17:37 (#30349 - in reply to #30348)

Executive Member

premierscfc - 18/8/2008 17:19

I don't think Rex ia besotted with Nicole.  He treats her as a possession and expects her to be grateful for what he spends on her.  If he was besotted with her he would not lie and cheat on her.

True, but you can be besotted by possessions

I'm not a Rex fan (there's only two or three people I'd prefer to go before him) but there's good and bad in everyone. Rex went off the rails before BB. He obviously had problems with Nicole and with himself when he went to the States. Whether he was unfaithful is not proven by the fact that there are kiss and tell stories in the Sun about him but, even if they were true, I do think he is bending over backwards to dote on her now. His manner is abrasive and controlling but I do think he's trying.

The point I was really trying to make was that, whatever else you may think of him, I don't think he's guilty of wanting to exploit their relationship for the publicity which is what boldjohn was objecting to.

Regards

Julian

Edited by Julian 18/8/2008 17:39
premierscfc
Posted 18/8/2008 18:00 (#30350 - in reply to #29146)

I agree with you about the publicity.  That's the last thing he wants when BB is over.
boldjohn
Posted 18/8/2008 21:46 (#30351 - in reply to #30349)

Executive Member

Julian - 18/8/2008 17:37
The point I was really trying to make was that, whatever else you may think of him, I don't think he's guilty of wanting to exploit their relationship for the publicity which is what boldjohn was objecting to.

I suppose we will find that out when they leave. I'm only going on what I read, so I could well be talking nonsense. What I have read about is a lot of dirty linen being aired in public. They could have been more discreet. The frequency of their arguments is what fuels my suspicions that they are playing to the cameras.

bradley27
Posted 18/8/2008 21:56 (#30352 - in reply to #30343)

Senate Member

boldjohn - 18/8/2008 13:59

I was led to believe by posts early in the series that Rex was a man of integrity. Now apparently he is a control freak. It could be that his behaviour is a result of the awkward situation in which he has been put by BB. I would hate to be a BB housemate and have my other half come into the house. Every couple has things that they need to discuss in private. I would hate to be watching BB and listening to these conversations. If Rex is a man of integrity (By now you all may realise I know nothing about him), he will want the time to pass quickly and will be as discreet as possible about issues between him and his girlfriend. What I suspect is more likely to happen is for one of them or both of them to leave early and sell the sordid details of their relationship to the tabloids and gossip mags. Anyone not bored with their relationship now will be bored to death by Christmas.

The reason people liked Rex at first was because we thought he didnt care and was being rude just to be put up for nomination as that was what he had been saying. Therefore we enjoyed it, thinking it was some clever way of dealing with the whole experience. However a bit before Nicole came in he started to at best pester some, especially Rachel, who had done nothing wrong to him. It wasnt just what he said it was the fact that it was a continued assault for 2 hours each time. Many started to give up on him then, but even then there was a thought that maybe he was doing it to get nominated to get his g/f into the house. However that doubt was cleared up as soon as she did. Instead of changing he remained the same and people realised that he wasnt acting because he didnt care and he wanted to be nominated, he was behaving that way because he really was that bad.
bradley27
Posted 18/8/2008 22:07 (#30353 - in reply to #30348)

Senate Member

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/big_brother/article1444269.ece

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/big_brother/article1540651.ece

The 2 stories in the press are what Nicole wants to ask him about but BB rules about talking about the outside world prevent her from doing so.  Rex is an odious creep and if Nicole does not dump him then I have little sympathy for her if he carries on making her unhappy. 

I'm really really really sorry here everyone but unfortunately I have to agree with prem here. Sorry. He doesnt love her, he sees her as his, and doesnt treat her with any respect. What he doesnt tell the others when he goes out after upsetting her, is that time after time after time he asks her to tell him about whats been going on outside even though he knows she cant. He uses that as an excuse, along with many other things, to claim she has been unfaithful to him, whereas the truth seems to be he is the one being unfaithful, but he always excuses that behaviour as he was "in a bad place". Unfortunately unless she gets away from him her life will be ruined and its good to see that Ais sees that and hinted it in her blog today. Nicole is far from perfect but has a chance to improve herself as she grows up (she is only 19), but if she stays with Rex she will never get a chance
bradley27
Posted 18/8/2008 22:11 (#30354 - in reply to #30349)

Senate Member

True, but you can be besotted by possessions

I'm not a Rex fan (there's only two or three people I'd prefer to go before him) but there's good and bad in everyone. Rex went off the rails before BB. He obviously had problems with Nicole and with himself when he went to the States. Whether he was unfaithful is not proven by the fact that there are kiss and tell stories in the Sun about him but, even if they were true, I do think he is bending over backwards to dote on her now. His manner is abrasive and controlling but I do think he's trying.

Regards

Julian

those arent attempt to try, they are attempt to control
boldjohn
Posted 18/8/2008 22:12 (#30355 - in reply to #30353)

Executive Member

Bradley, No need to apologise for agreeing with Prem.

Edited by boldjohn 18/8/2008 22:15
bradley27
Posted 18/8/2008 22:14 (#30356 - in reply to #30351)

Senate Member

boldjohn - 18/8/2008 21:46

I suppose we will find that out when they leave. I'm only going on what I read, so I could well be talking nonsense. What I have read about is a lot of dirty linen being aired in public. They could have been more discreet. The frequency of their arguments is what fuels my suspicions that they are playing to the cameras.

I doubt they will, but I hope she does and that will make her enough to make her feel she can support herself and therefore get away from him. Unfortunately I think she is going to come out to a very bad reception that isnt really deserved. actually it never is, but in this case it might have lasting damage on someone who emotionally is quite frail and it might just end up with her just dissappearing into the background afterwards. Normally not a bad thing but she might need to become more independent.
bradley27
Posted 18/8/2008 22:16 (#30357 - in reply to #30355)

Senate Member

boldjohn - 18/8/2008 22:12

Bradley, No need to apologise for agreeing with Prem.

Well I'm sorry but I believe there is
premierscfc
Posted 19/8/2008 12:48 (#30361 - in reply to #30355)

boldjohn - 18/8/2008 22:12 Bradley, No need to apologise for agreeing with Prem.

There's still hope for him yet.  

premierscfc
Posted 19/8/2008 12:49 (#30362 - in reply to #29146)

Rex in doo-doo

Tuesday's blog is online.

http://www.revealblog.co.uk/bbblog.ASP?articleID=1001  

ofni
Posted 19/8/2008 13:20 (#30363 - in reply to #29146)
Subject: Re: Reveal Magazine Big Brother 9 Blog

Rex has definitely blown it in Aisleyne's eyes now, hasn't he?

And Nicola would certainly benefit from some words and hugs from Agony Aunt Ash!

Julian
Posted 19/8/2008 13:32 (#30364 - in reply to #30362)

Executive Member

I'm not sure I agree with Ash this time. I'm quite sure that the song (which was probably one of Darnell's creations) was just a general observation about how what you see in the highlight show is not the whole story. It was ludicrous for Nicole to think it meant anything else. We don't know if Rex cheated on her anyway and he certainly didn't seem to have a clue what she was trying to get at. I think it was grossly unfair of Nicole to come into the house harbouring that kind of resentment and then beating him up about it without ever being in a position to tell him what it is she suspects him of or for him to defend himself.

She was the one who told him to stay away and, given how much drink he had had, I can quite imagine how an argument would have ensued if he'd gone to her. I think it was a judgement call and I'm not sure there was anything he could have done that would have worked any better.

Regards

Julian

Edited by Julian 19/8/2008 13:34
bradley27
Posted 19/8/2008 22:33 (#30365 - in reply to #30363)
Subject: Re: Reveal Magazine Big Brother 9 Blog

Senate Member

ofni - 19/8/2008 13:20

Rex has definitely blown it in Aisleyne's eyes now, hasn't he?

And Nicola would certainly benefit from some words and hugs from Agony Aunt Ash!

she really does seem to get whats going on there. Maybe though her own experience, but she certainly put in words very well. Nicole is far from perfect but she will only get better away from someone like Rex
bradley27
Posted 19/8/2008 22:35 (#30366 - in reply to #30364)

Senate Member

Julian - 19/8/2008 13:32

I'm not sure I agree with Ash this time. I'm quite sure that the song (which was probably one of Darnell's creations) was just a general observation about how what you see in the highlight show is not the whole story. It was ludicrous for Nicole to think it meant anything else. We don't know if Rex cheated on her anyway and he certainly didn't seem to have a clue what she was trying to get at. I think it was grossly unfair of Nicole to come into the house harbouring that kind of resentment and then beating him up about it without ever being in a position to tell him what it is she suspects him of or for him to defend himself.

She was the one who told him to stay away and, given how much drink he had had, I can quite imagine how an argument would have ensued if he'd gone to her. I think it was a judgement call and I'm not sure there was anything he could have done that would have worked any better.

Regards

Julian

sorry but the song was meant to mean exactly what it said. And he put his foot in it and didnt know what to say
Julian
Posted 20/8/2008 12:43 (#30369 - in reply to #30366)

Executive Member

bradley27 - 19/8/2008 22:35
sorry but the song was meant to mean exactly what it said. And he put his foot in it and didnt know what to say

It's unlikely enough that he'd write a song in the first place (I'm pretty sure it was one of Darnells). If he had, it's extremely unlikely that he would have written a song about his perceived infidelity on national TV. The chances that he would have then sung that song to his girlfriend is so unlikely as to make unlikely seem likely

Even if all of this unlikeliness actually happened, what the song actually says is don't believe what you see which, if it refers to infidelity, is basically saying that there was none!

Aisleyne's latest blog is now up. Never let it be said she's not prepared to be controversial

Regards

Julian
bradley27
Posted 20/8/2008 13:37 (#30370 - in reply to #30369)

Senate Member

Julian - 20/8/2008 12:43

bradley27 - 19/8/2008 22:35

It's unlikely enough that he'd write a song in the first place (I'm pretty sure it was one of Darnells). If he had, it's extremely unlikely that he would have written a song about his perceived infidelity on national TV. The chances that he would have then sung that song to his girlfriend is so unlikely as to make unlikely seem likely

Even if all of this unlikeliness actually happened, what the song actually says is don't believe what you see which, if it refers to infidelity, is basically saying that there was none!

Aisleyne's latest blog is now up. Never let it be said she's not prepared to be controversial

Regards

Julian

wow.... I might not always like Nicole but that pic of her on Ais blog today is mighty fine.
premierscfc
Posted 21/8/2008 12:43 (#30381 - in reply to #29146)

Zombie leads routine

Thursday's blog is online.

http://www.revealblog.co.uk/bbblog.ASP?articleID=1007 

emptybox
Posted 25/8/2008 22:57 (#30427 - in reply to #29146)

I presume she's had a long weekend off for the bank holiday?
premierscfc
Posted 26/8/2008 13:11 (#30429 - in reply to #29146)

Pass the tissues...

Tuesday's blog is online

http://www.revealblog.co.uk/bbblog.ASP?articleID=1011

Julian
Posted 26/8/2008 13:44 (#30430 - in reply to #30429)

Executive Member

I 100% agreed with that one
Jump to page : < ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 >
Now viewing page 8 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread