You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Forum

Yay, Shilpa won!
Moderators: Admin, Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General -> Big Brother & OthersMessage format

becki
Posted 28/1/2007 23:31 (#1278)
Subject: Yay, Shilpa won!

Executive Member

Yay!!!!!!
Shilpa is such a lovely person, she is a star and i hope we see a lot of her in the future! I am so glad she won, she deserved it so much!
So, what do you guys think?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Julian
Posted 28/1/2007 23:59 (#1286 - in reply to #1278)
Subject: RE: Yay, Shilpa won!

Executive Member

I'm very happy she won and that last comment she made defending Jade and thanking the British people just clinched it for me. There was never any doubt that the right person won

Regards

Julian
Odm
Posted 29/1/2007 00:03 (#1287 - in reply to #1278)

I am very disappointed that people felt they should 'let Shilpa win' to clear up a very difficult situation that blew up over racism. That however is what has happened.

It WAS disgusting how Shilpa was treated in the house, but I think it was equally appalling how Aisleyne was treated. I could NEVER FORGET how Ais was treated in BB7 and despite the fact that she had hundreds of genuine fans and was leading the voting system at teatime on the night of the eviction, she still did,nt win. Nobody 'let her win' in order to Condemn bullying. Shilpa would not have won CBB had it not been for the bullying and race row that ensued

I think Shilpa  is a very nice girl but she did not shine in my eyes whatsoever. 

To me personally, the winner is someone who is genuine and real or someone who makes you believe in them when you watch them. Aisleyne was a good example of that..she was real, honest, spontaneous, silly, funny, wonderful in every way, I simply adored her character.

Shilpa Shetty looked down her nose at Jade from the beginning. I actually saw her doing it and I did,nt like the fact that she JUDGED Jade purely on the auful way she talked.  Jermaine had it right when he said you cannot mix Class. Shilpa Shetty came from a very advantaged and privileged background where her family manners and principals in life were completely different to Jade and she clearly came into the house unprepared to accept there were other people who were different to HER.   Shilpa did,nt RUDELY look down her nose at Jade, she looked down her nose in more of a shocked way that anyone like Jade could possibly BE somebody. Jade did see this however and I think Jade then spent the rest of the time putting Shilpa down to get back at her .

I think the entire thing was horribly unfortunate.  Jade behaved in a terrible way as did Jo and Danielle. There is no excuse to bully somebody. I am glad people have seen their way to putting things right for Shilpa who deserved an enormous apology ( which Aisleyne NEVER received by the way ) but apologising is one thing and giving away a winning title is another.  Shilpa should NOT have won this years CBB it should have been Jermaine Jackson.

The reason it should have been Jermaine Jackson is because he produced the personality of someone we can all learn something from. This man gave something to everyone in my opinion.  Why is it that we think the loudest or noisiest or most comic person shoud win? why cant it be a quiet, thoughtful reflective person who LISTENS more than he talks, thinks before he speaks, defuses problems before they start...be a winner to us??

If people thought a little more like Jermaine Jackson, there would be NO bullying, there would be NO racism and who knows there may be no hypocrisy which is what CBB has turned out to represent.....

I say good luck to Shilpa, but I think even she knows the crown went to the sympathy vote and letting her win was a way of saving a lot of peoples asses.

Edited by Odm 29/1/2007 00:13
maringo
Posted 29/1/2007 00:10 (#1289 - in reply to #1287)

I never watched the show properly, but I did catch most of the final. Shilpa, Jermaine and Dirk did come across as a worthy top three from their highlights. I do agree with Odm that Jermaine deserved to win, but Shilpa seemed nice enough as well.
Odm
Posted 29/1/2007 00:14 (#1291 - in reply to #1289)

maringo - 29/1/2007 00:10 I never watched the show properly, but I did catch most of the final. Shilpa, Jermaine and Dirk did come across as a worthy top three from their highlights. I do agree with Odm that Jermaine deserved to win, but Shilpa seemed nice enough as well.

maringo
Posted 29/1/2007 00:21 (#1292 - in reply to #1278)

Did anybody else feel that Ian's eviction interview was a bit harsh compared to the soft treatment Davina gave Danielle and Jack?
Odm
Posted 29/1/2007 00:40 (#1296 - in reply to #1292)

Well I did frown on the entire Interview process for everyone actually.

Davina had clearly been 'given her script' and unfortunately Ian who was actually fairly consistent in the house ( tho no favourite of mine particularly) just got the normal Davina grilling because of course she was not asked to p-u-s-s-y-foot around him. I thought she was a bit rude to Jermaine in places, cutting him off mid-sentence...damm I hate that....grrrrr....and making some crass comment about wanting to be a fly on the wall in Jermaines house when he met up with his wife....( rude cow)...Danielle and Jack came out together on account of damage limitation ....(that old chestnut) and they had clearly been briefed....Dirk...I think she was her normal self with...and Shilpa.....blah blah....

I had the feeling anyway that everyone had been given plenty of advance warning of the entire shenanigans that had been happening in the outside world.  Ian smiled and grinned a lot and seemed genuinely surprised that people liked him. In fact did,nt she say to him about how nice it was to interview someone who was not getting booed??  Im sure it was Ian.  She was a bit sarcastic when she said...that he went in as 'H' and came out as IAN and is,nt that what he wanted.?? 

They want to get rid of Big Brother if they have to supply it with a script...and they need to invent some programmes for Ais.

I think Ais should do a Sit Comedy, an agony aunt show and also I think she should be on one of the early morning programmes like GMTV everyday doing a work out programme like Mr. Motivator used to do....

Edited by Odm 29/1/2007 00:42
maringo
Posted 29/1/2007 00:46 (#1299 - in reply to #1296)

Odm - 29/1/2007 00:40

I think Ais should do a Sit Comedy, an agony aunt show and also I think she should be on one of the early morning programmes like GMTV everyday doing a work out programme like Mr. Motivator used to do....

My Aisleyne sitcom suggestion... Last of the Dutty Wine.
ofni
Posted 29/1/2007 01:07 (#1308 - in reply to #1296)

also I think she should be on one of the early morning programmes like GMTV everyday doing a work out programme like Mr. Motivator used to do....

Somehow I don't think GMTV work-outs are an entirely practicable proposition for Aisleyne - unless she could fit them in on her way home from Funky Buddha, Movida or Chinawhite!

Edited by ofni 29/1/2007 01:08
Odm
Posted 29/1/2007 01:08 (#1309 - in reply to #1299)

maringo - 29/1/2007 00:46

My Aisleyne sitcom suggestion... Last of the Dutty Wine.

...Depending on what exactly 'Dutty wine' is....Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

...perhaps you MIGHT consider this...
maringo
Posted 29/1/2007 01:42 (#1313 - in reply to #1309)

Odm - 29/1/2007 01:08

...Depending on what exactly 'Dutty wine' is....Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

...perhaps you MIGHT consider this...

Here's an explanation...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dutty_Wine

Nora Batty would never approve!
emptybox
Posted 29/1/2007 01:50 (#1314 - in reply to #1278)

I don't agree that people "let Shilpa win".

If that were the case they would have abstained from voting for someone else, but not positively picked up the phone and voted.
People aren't generally as cavalier with their hard earned.
Perhaps the Right On/PC Brigade might have felt it was the thing to do to vote for Shilpa, but I doubt they make up a high percentage of the BB audience.

In my eyes Shilpa was a truly worthy winner and I'm absolutely delighted that she exited in triumph.

Having said that I liked Jermaine as well, but he was a spectator for much of the time in there.
Odm
Posted 29/1/2007 02:20 (#1317 - in reply to #1314)

emptybox - 29/1/2007 01:50 I don't agree that people "let Shilpa win". If that were the case they would have abstained from voting for someone else, but not positively picked up the phone and voted. People aren't generally as cavalier with their hard earned. Perhaps the Right On/PC Brigade might have felt it was the thing to do to vote for Shilpa, but I doubt they make up a high percentage of the BB audience. In my eyes Shilpa was a truly worthy winner and I'm absolutely delighted that she exited in triumph. Having said that I liked Jermaine as well, but he was a spectator for much of the time in there.

Hi EB...Im afraid I have lost all faith in the voting system on BB. They messed the voting up this time around with Shilpa's name. Asking people to vote to save/evict and got everybody muddled up. Then they apologised in the press and offered refunds.  I think they were just trying to find out what the public opinion was up to that point. 

Anyway, my favourite was Jermaine, your favourite was Shilpa.  Thats cool with me

http://news.scotsman.com/topics.cfm?tid=370&id=134622007

Edited by Odm 29/1/2007 02:40
Odm
Posted 29/1/2007 03:01 (#1320 - in reply to #1278)
Subject: Re: Yay, Shilpa won!

This was posted on the Newspage of Google in response to Shilpa winning. It seems that people never speak all with one voice. It also categorically states that Shilpa accused Jade of calling her racist.

Shameless Celebrites
by Vikas Sahu on Jan 29, 2007 08:18 AM | Hide replies

First of all don't even allow Shilpa Shetty to return to India. If she think that for money she can accept any kind of insult then let her settle in London. Its shame on we Indians that we have got such kind of celebrities. Earlier this year there was controversy of Indian Film stars making fun of India and its National Nathem in the Party organised by Most respected criminal Dawood Ibrahim and nothing happened to these so called superstars. And now this stupid Shetty has done enough humiliation for India. First she admits that she has been racially abused and now accepts everything as if nothing happened. Everything is fair for name and fame. Please my fellow countrymen do not take these celebrieties as Gods. Anyways she is rich now doesn't if her career is failure in India or not Big Brother has made her popular and also the saying "Pound ki liye kuch bhi sahega".

mich007
Posted 29/1/2007 09:40 (#1325 - in reply to #1278)

Glad that she won, it wasn't purely a sympathy vote she was an all rounder. She is destined for big things, I am so happy for her.
I love the fact that Jermaine and Dirk were in the top 3. Would have preferred Dirk to come 2nd but my predictions on how it would turn out were spot on. Loved Dirks Interview, shame he's too old for Shilpa, because he's really a nice guy, it is just that Cleo's actions caused him to isolate himself. I am sure Shilpa and him will be friends though.
Odm
Posted 29/1/2007 15:21 (#1336 - in reply to #1278)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/6308971.stm It seems there are those in India who think Shilpa won through the racism row .

Edited by Odm 29/1/2007 15:22
sophie
Posted 29/1/2007 17:09 (#1342 - in reply to #1278)

im glad she has won.. she was a worthy winner.. i reckon she would have still won with out the racsim becuase she was entertaining.. and she was strong throughout the whole series.. it must be hard coming from India..and coming on a realtiy programme which she has never seen.. she was clueless what it wud be like..but she made it entertaining.. when i was watching big brothers big mouth..the olny FINALIST not to have been there was daniellle..
becki
Posted 29/1/2007 17:25 (#1348 - in reply to #1278)

Executive Member

It just proverd how lovely Shilpa was, when she asked everyone to firgive Jade, Jo, Danielle, Jack for their behaviour, and made sure that people knew that Jade wasnt racist.
People could learn a lot from Shilpa, shes such a fab person, one of my fav housemates ever.
Ash Fans
Posted 1/2/2007 17:45 (#1759 - in reply to #1278)

I supported Shilpa since the start and am so glad she won!
Julian
Posted 1/2/2007 22:49 (#1936 - in reply to #1287)

Executive Member

Odm - 29/1/2007 00:03

I am very disappointed that people felt they should 'let Shilpa win' to clear up a very difficult situation that blew up over racism. That however is what has happened.

I would be very disappointed if that's what happened because she definitely deserved to win on her own merits.

I think a few people have mistaken a high degree of self-respect and decorum to imply that Shilpa is stuck-up and condescending. I think it's unfortunate that valuing politeness, manners and deportment and disapproving of crudeness and rudeness should be seen as such a negative. It was almost certainly the main reason why the people who disliked her in the house felt the way they did, though.

I don't believe she looked down her nose at anyone. I think she was surprised by some of their crudity and lack of manners but she never held it against them.

As it happens she did let her hair down towards the end but I think she did not want to relax her standards because she saw it as her duty - to her country, to her parents and to herself - to put on her best possible behaviour. I was always taught to dress presentably when invited to dinner. It's not about vanity it's out of respect for my host. That's how Shilpa saw her time on BB. She was invited to a function and it was her duty to look her best and be on her best behaviour at all times.

I do believe she was being genuine and real, though. People put great store in the term 'being yourself' when it comes to big brother but being yourself is a meaningless term at the end of the day. We all have different 'selves' that we present to the world. The person we are to our parents is not the person we are to our mates down the pub and the person we are to our work colleagues is someone else again. Being yourself is not about throwing away your inhibitions. Sometimes those inhibitions are there for a reason :D

Regards

Julian
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread