You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Forum

"Aisleyne" The TV show
Moderators: Admin, Moderators

Jump to page : < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Now viewing page 5 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Aisleyne -> Aisleyne's Film, TV & Radio WorkMessage format

Julian
Posted 1/3/2008 23:20 (#27878 - in reply to #27875)
Subject: Re: "Aisleyne" The TV show

Executive Member

On the whole I enjoyed it. It was much better edited than Stars At Work although there was at least one editing blunder where it was clear everyone was waiting for their queue to start speaking

The 'tantrums' were very tongue in cheek and funny so no problems there. It shows just how muich hard work goes into what Aisleyne does.

The first part was a little contradictory. First saying that Aisleyne designed most of the range then showing Ash seeing the dresses as if she'd never seen the designs before and then later talking to the Unique Boutique designer saying that it was a combined effort! The impression was that the designs were primarily by UB with Aisleyne's input on the type of thing that UB should be designing.

I don't know what the incident with Nikki was about but the way it was shown I would think most objective people's sympathy would have been with Nikki

Still, I don't want to sound too negative. It's always great to see Ash on TV and apart from the Nikki thing I think she came across really well

Regards

Julian
Top of the page Bottom of the page
boldjohn
Posted 1/3/2008 23:30 (#27879 - in reply to #27875)

Executive Member

dannyk - 1/3/2008 18:47

I enjoyed the show as well. Even though you can tell it's not made on a big budget, it was a lot better produced than Stars at Work (from what I saw of that). It was nice to hear about how the dress range came about, and finally get a look at one of these celeb events we always hear about.

It looks like some things between Ash and Nikki don't change!! Since Ash got the last word we'll say she won that round

Hopefully that's the last we'll see of Nikki on the show. Otherwise it's great to read positive reports about the show.
sophie
Posted 2/3/2008 00:14 (#27880 - in reply to #27875)

dannyk - 1/3/2008 18:47  Since Ash got the last word we'll say she won that round

yeah ash deffo won lol   nikki was being a total ideot again as usual lol

all of it was a a great show really enjoyed it 

mich007
Posted 2/3/2008 01:01 (#27881 - in reply to #27878)

Julian - 1/3/2008 23:20

On the whole I enjoyed it. It was much better edited than Stars At Work although there was at least one editing blunder where it was clear everyone was waiting for their queue to start speaking

The 'tantrums' were very tongue in cheek and funny so no problems there. It shows just how muich hard work goes into what Aisleyne does.

The first part was a little contradictory. First saying that Aisleyne designed most of the range then showing Ash seeing the dresses as if she'd never seen the designs before and then later talking to the Unique Boutique designer saying that it was a combined effort! The impression was that the designs were primarily by UB with Aisleyne's input on the type of thing that UB should be designing.

I don't know what the incident with Nikki was about but the way it was shown I would think most objective people's sympathy would have been with Nikki

Still, I don't want to sound too negative. It's always great to see Ash on TV and apart from the Nikki thing I think she came across really well

Regards

Julian

Sounds interesting....

A question I want to ask is who has a final say on how the show is edited. Does Aisleyne Ltd see the final cut before it goes on air?

Concerning UBA I get the impression that Aisleyne did have a large input hence the range being called Unique by Aisleyne but at the same time it was a partnership effort. Remember this is Aisleyne's first line of clothing, she would have welcomed guidance and coaching from people who are more experienced than her in the business. Also seeing your designs in manifestation for the first time I imagine could cause an overwhelming reaction, as if you've never seen the designs before.

The thing with Nikki, I just don't know though I haven't seen it yet. I wonder how it all started, but I am surprised it made the final cut considering how the whole thing panned out.

Edited by mich007 2/3/2008 01:13
emptybox
Posted 2/3/2008 15:07 (#27889 - in reply to #27024)
Subject: RE: "Aisleyne" The TV show

Is this the incident previously reported in the press, where Nikki was said to be making faces behind Ash's back and Ash supposedly gave her a little shove?
dannyk
Posted 2/3/2008 16:54 (#27890 - in reply to #27889)

emptybox - 2/3/2008 15:07

Is this the incident previously reported in the press, where Nikki was said to be making faces behind Ash's back and Ash supposedly gave her a little shove?

Yes, but it didn't happen as reported (unless there were two incidents on the same night!) Aisleyne was seen pulling faces behind Nikki's back a couple of times, then later Nikki came over to confront her after hearing about it from her friend (from what I could tell, it was hard to hear over the music) but Aisleyne refused to speak to her about it and Nikki walked away.
mich007
Posted 2/3/2008 17:42 (#27891 - in reply to #27890)

dannyk - 2/3/2008 16:54

emptybox - 2/3/2008 15:07

Is this the incident previously reported in the press, where Nikki was said to be making faces behind Ash's back and Ash supposedly gave her a little shove?

Yes, but it didn't happen as reported (unless there were two incidents on the same night!) Aisleyne was seen pulling faces behind Nikki's back a couple of times, then later Nikki came over to confront her after hearing about it from her friend (from what I could tell, it was hard to hear over the music) but Aisleyne refused to speak to her about it and Nikki walked away.

I can't help thinking that there was a sequence of events that lead up to this incident that was not captured on film. There were some pictures from that event that caused me to raise my eyebrows. For instance the pictures of Nikki kissing Nick Ede from Edencancan. Did Nikki have connections with him outside of this event ? Did she meet Him prior to this party, perhaps she did, and obviously she was under the influence of drink not in total control. I think on this particular night the spotlight was on Nikki what with her throwing a tantrum and the pictures that came out are proof of this. Perhaps this is what caused a reaction, not everyone finds her tantrums funny as we know. In fact some may have been wound up by her behavior. I don't know I am just guessing but if I am wrong I can't think why this was included in the final cut, in light of how it makes Ash look. Don't get me wrong Ash is no saint no one is. Ash reads these threads perhaps she will want to shed more light on the matter, if not I think it is just one of those things and is best well left alone, especially as Ash has already said that the matter is sorted. unless of course Ash wants to shed more light on the matter.

For now IMHO I think it is best well left alone.

Just my opinion

Edited by mich007 2/3/2008 17:59
ofni
Posted 2/3/2008 19:33 (#27892 - in reply to #27024)

It's all in the editing! I blame Endemol!

(Eh? what? they're not...? Oh, right... )
premierscfc
Posted 2/3/2008 19:40 (#27893 - in reply to #27892)

ofni - 2/3/2008 19:33 It's all in the editing! I blame Endemol! (Eh? what? they're not...? Oh, right... )

secrethousemate
Posted 2/3/2008 19:41 (#27894 - in reply to #27024)

storm in a teacup, methinks
mich007
Posted 2/3/2008 20:27 (#27895 - in reply to #27024)

Is the show 60 minutes or 45 minutes, because the homepage says 60 minutes?
premierscfc
Posted 2/3/2008 20:39 (#27896 - in reply to #27895)

mich007 - 2/3/2008 20:27 Is the show 60 minutes or 45 minutes, because the homepage says 60 minutes?

60 minutes including the adverts.

mich007
Posted 2/3/2008 20:43 (#27897 - in reply to #27896)

premierscfc - 2/3/2008 20:39

mich007 - 2/3/2008 20:27 Is the show 60 minutes or 45 minutes, because the homepage says 60 minutes?

60 minutes including the adverts.

OK

Thanks
boldjohn
Posted 2/3/2008 20:54 (#27898 - in reply to #27894)

Executive Member

secrethousemate - 2/3/2008 19:41

storm in a teacup, methinks

I never knew Susie was there.
Julian
Posted 2/3/2008 23:02 (#27902 - in reply to #27891)

Executive Member

mich007 - 2/3/2008 17:42
I think on this particular night the spotlight was on Nikki what with her throwing a tantrum and the pictures that came out are proof of this. Perhaps this is what caused a reaction, not everyone finds her tantrums funny as we know. In fact some may have been wound up by her behavior. I don't know I am just guessing but if I am wrong I can't think why this was included in the final cut, in light of how it makes Ash look.

A lot of reality fly-on-the-wall shows like to be 'warts and all' because it gives them more of an air of credibility and makes the subjects more human. Katie and Peter being an example.

Having said that, I don't think Ash came off looking too bad. Nikki was the worse for drink and acting up, dancing-wise. Aisleyne made some harmless faces showing her amusement at Nikki's antics to camera and then a friend of Nikki, apparently did a bit of stiriring by telling Nikki about it. Nikki decided to drunkenly (and rather haughtily) confront her over something Aisleyne considered pretty harmless fun and Ash didn't think the situation warranted a serious response (and seemed quite annoyed with the friend).

From Nikki's point of view I can understand why she might have been upset about being ridiculed behind her back on a TV programme and an apology rather than a rebuttal probably wouldn't have hurt but I can understand where Ash was coming from. At the end of the day it was a lot of fuss over nothing

Regards

Julian
Julian
Posted 2/3/2008 23:04 (#27903 - in reply to #27895)

Executive Member

mich007 - 2/3/2008 20:27

Is the show 60 minutes or 45 minutes, because the homepage says 60 minutes?

Most 60 minute shows are 45 once you remove the adverts. So the answer is that it's both

Regards

Julian

Edited by Julian 2/3/2008 23:05
mich007
Posted 2/3/2008 23:08 (#27904 - in reply to #27902)

Julian - 2/3/2008 23:02

mich007 - 2/3/2008 17:42
I think on this particular night the spotlight was on Nikki what with her throwing a tantrum and the pictures that came out are proof of this. Perhaps this is what caused a reaction, not everyone finds her tantrums funny as we know. In fact some may have been wound up by her behavior. I don't know I am just guessing but if I am wrong I can't think why this was included in the final cut, in light of how it makes Ash look.

A lot of reality fly-on-the-wall shows like to be 'warts and all' because it gives them more of an air of credibility and makes the subjects more human. Katie and Peter being an example.

Having said that, I don't think Ash came off looking too bad. Nikki was the worse for drink and acting up, dancing-wise. Aisleyne made some harmless faces showing her amusement at Nikki's antics to camera and then a friend of Nikki, apparently did a bit of stiriring by telling Nikki about it. Nikki decided to drunkenly (and rather haughtily) confront her over something Aisleyne considered pretty harmless fun and Ash didn't think the situation warranted a serious response (and seemed quite annoyed with the friend).

From Nikki's point of view I can understand why she might have been upset about being ridiculed behind her back on a TV programme and an apology rather than a rebuttal probably wouldn't have hurt but I can understand where Ash was coming from. At the end of the day it was a lot of fuss over nothing

Regards

Julian

Yeah

Having seen it Ash was just making fun of Nikki's dancing, it was nothing serious just tongue and cheek I think.

The main thing is that it appears to be cleared up.

I don't think they are the best of friends but generally I think they try and keep their relationship civilized as much as possible.
emptybox
Posted 3/3/2008 01:05 (#27908 - in reply to #27024)

Aye, the thing with Nikki was something and nothing.

I liked Michael's cameo role at the end.  

And Richard!
Buy her a 4x4, you meanie!

premierscfc
Posted 4/3/2008 10:05 (#27937 - in reply to #27024)

Red TV's original promo for the new "Aisleyne" TV show has now been added to the Videos section.

http://www.aisleyne.com/videos/videos.asp

mich007
Posted 5/3/2008 03:54 (#27960 - in reply to #27024)

I hope former BB7 housemates apart from Ash's genuine friends don't appear on this show again. It's amazing how a storm in a teacup can cause a backlash. Some people do things and it's deemed as entertainment others do the same thing or similar and they are judged harshly. It will be interesting to know whether Aisleyne Ltd watched the show before it was aired. I have a feeling Ash was wound up by a certain person, who constantly plays the same card drawing attention to herself. Also by the pictures that came out after that night a certain person out did herself yet again with maximum effect. I have to say though that though no one is perfect, when you are in the public eye people are watching you and judge your every move.
premierscfc
Posted 5/3/2008 08:10 (#27962 - in reply to #27024)

Seeing all the fuss over Nikki making an exhibition of herself at Nose of the Year, deliberately moving into camera shoot, etc, after having had a fair amount of refreshments, perhaps a simple answer to a query I've seen raised several times.

Aisleyne indicated that she's seen the episode in the Hi Aisleyne thread. In fact Aisleyne Limited watched the show several times before it was aired - both in Birmingham and in London (Red TV have provided a streaming facility to the directors).

The atmosphere was very much like watching a home movie - laughing for most of it. There was no part that they had any problems with. The only edit that Aisleyne Ltd requested was a change to the running order of a couple of scenes at the Nose of the Year Awards, and that only because they felt it made the programme flow better. There's nothing in the programme that causes Aisleyne Ltd any concern - and certainly nothing that they would contemplate having removed.

secrethousemate
Posted 5/3/2008 12:27 (#27964 - in reply to #27024)

Thanks for confirming what many of us already suspected.

Load of fuss over nothing!

premierscfc
Posted 5/3/2008 16:29 (#27973 - in reply to #27024)

Aisleyne is scheduled to be filming all day next Wednesday, the 12th.
ofni
Posted 5/3/2008 16:31 (#27974 - in reply to #27024)

Ah, No Smoking Day...
mich007
Posted 6/3/2008 01:52 (#27982 - in reply to #27962)

premierscfc - 5/3/2008 08:10

Seeing all the fuss over Nikki making an exhibition of herself at Nose of the Year, deliberately moving into camera shoot, etc, after having had a fair amount of refreshments, perhaps a simple answer to a query I've seen raised several times.

Aisleyne indicated that she's seen the episode in the Hi Aisleyne thread. In fact Aisleyne Limited watched the show several times before it was aired - both in Birmingham and in London (Red TV have provided a streaming facility to the directors).

The atmosphere was very much like watching a home movie - laughing for most of it. There was no part that they had any problems with. The only edit that Aisleyne Ltd requested was a change to the running order of a couple of scenes at the Nose of the Year Awards, and that only because they felt it made the programme flow better. There's nothing in the programme that causes Aisleyne Ltd any concern - and certainly nothing that they would contemplate having removed.

A storm in a tea cup I guess.

Nothing more needs to be said of the matter
Jump to page : < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Now viewing page 5 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread