You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Forum

Aisleyne Celebdaq thread
Moderators: Admin, Moderators

Jump to page : < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... >
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Aisleyne -> General Aisleyne ChatMessage format

maringo
Posted 27/1/2007 18:32 (#1215)
Subject: Aisleyne Celebdaq thread

I've finally got around to joining Celebdaq and I've bought 500 Aisleyne shares (as well some other celeb shares). Here's the website...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/celebdaq/

You can make money (not real unfortunately) by selling shares when their price is higher than when you bought them. However, you also receive a weekly dividend for your shares based on the celebrity's press coverage for that week.

They look at the following publications: Daily Mirror, The Sun, Daily Star, Daily Express, Daily Mail, The Times, The Independent, The Guardian, The Telegraph, and their sunday equivalents, plus Heat magazine and Now magazine. A score is then given to a celebrity based on the amount of coverage they receive in those magazines.

I've not made any money so far, mainly due to the other celebs in my portfolio, not Aisleyne. Hopefully, you might have better luck.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
maringo
Posted 27/1/2007 18:42 (#1216 - in reply to #1215)
Subject: RE: Aisleyne Celebdaq thread

This Friday's dividend for Aisleyne (the relevant section from the complete dividend list)...

# Drew Barrymore : 0.4331
# P Diddy : 0.4331
# BB7 Aisleyne : 0.4331
# Kevin Federline : 0.4330
# Bruce Willis : 0.4302

So Aisleyne is getting the same amount of press coverage as P Diddy. She attended a party of his on November 4th, 2006. Perhaps she should host her own party if she's get as much press coverage as him.
becki
Posted 27/1/2007 19:42 (#1219 - in reply to #1216)

Executive Member

maringo - 27/1/2007 18:42

This Friday's dividend for Aisleyne (the relevant section from the complete dividend list)...

# Drew Barrymore : 0.4331
# P Diddy : 0.4331
# BB7 Aisleyne : 0.4331
# Kevin Federline : 0.4330
# Bruce Willis : 0.4302

So Aisleyne is getting the same amount of press coverage as P Diddy. She attended a party of his on November 4th, 2006. Perhaps she should host her own party if she's get as much press coverage as him.

Thanks so much for the info!
Thats well good news! xxxx
ofni
Posted 28/1/2007 00:43 (#1223 - in reply to #1215)

maringo - 27/1/2007 18:32

I've finally got around to joining Celebdaq and I've bought 500 Aisleyne shares (as well some other celeb shares). Here's the website...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/celebdaq/

I've not made any money so far, mainly due to the other celebs in my portfolio, not Aisleyne. Hopefully, you might have better luck.

Well, maringo I made nearly a million pounds this over the last couple of weeks, thanks mainly to Shilpa, whose share price rocketed and who also generated a huge dividend from her press coverage. I could have made more, but I'm deliberately staying below £1m till after "kneecapping" time on Monday, so I'll still have a million to play with next week.

(I previously made £5m from Leona Lewis)

Stand by for some interesting trivia about Aisleyne and Celebdaq.

to be continued............
maringo
Posted 28/1/2007 05:42 (#1235 - in reply to #1223)

ofni - 28/1/2007 00:43

Well, maringo I made nearly a million pounds this over the last couple of weeks, thanks mainly to Shilpa, whose share price rocketed and who also generated a huge dividend from her press coverage. I could have made more, but I'm deliberately staying below £1m till after "kneecapping" time on Monday, so I'll still have a million to play with next week.

(I previously made £5m from Leona Lewis)

Stand by for some interesting trivia about Aisleyne and Celebdaq.

to be continued............

I'm actually in profit now, almost £500! However, that somewhat pales into significance with your £1 million.

I look forward to your update.
ofni
Posted 30/1/2007 00:46 (#1362 - in reply to #1215)
Subject: Re: Aisleyne Celebdaq thread

ofni's celebdaq factoids #1

Only 4 BB7 HMs are still quoted on celebdaq - Pete, Aisleyne, Nikki and Grace - PANG!

Of these 4, only Aisleyne has consistently returned a dividend most weeks since November. The other big scorer was in fact Imogen, but she was removed (very unfairly in my view) in a New Year purge which also saw off several remaining BB7HMs and IACGMOOH losers among others, including some very well known names. Surviving this purge was a clear testimony to Aisleyne's celeb status.

The Daily Star article last Friday means Aisleyne will pay a dividend of £1.73 this week (assuming no further press coverage up to Thursday). Last week that would have made her 40th highest scoring celebrity, right between HM the Queen and Angelina Jolie! as follows: (note who else is in this part of the chart, Jordan and 2 CBB5 HMs.

# Dirk Benedict : 1.8961
# Wayne Rooney : 1.8858
# Daniel Craig : 1.8689
# The Queen : 1.7437
# Angelina Jolie : 1.7132
# Jordan : 1.6887
# Ian Watkins : 1.6867
# David Beckham : 1.6786
# Sacha Baron Cohen : 1.6636

NB The Daily Sport is NOT included in the column inch count.

That's all for now folks. There'll be more!
maringo
Posted 30/1/2007 01:28 (#1365 - in reply to #1362)

ofni - 30/1/2007 00:46

ofni's celebdaq factoids #1

Only 4 BB7 HMs are still quoted on celebdaq - Pete, Aisleyne, Nikki and Grace - PANG!

Of these 4, only Aisleyne has consistently returned a dividend most weeks since November. The other big scorer was in fact Imogen, but she was removed (very unfairly in my view) in a New Year purge which also saw off several remaining BB7HMs and IACGMOOH losers among others, including some very well known names. Surviving this purge was a clear testimony to Aisleyne's celeb status.

Thanks ofni!

Is Richard Newman still on Celebdaq? As he features at the bottom of the last dividend list...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/celebdaq/news/dividends/2007/01/26/40311.shtml

He gets 0.0001 for some reason.
ofni
Posted 30/1/2007 08:24 (#1377 - in reply to #1365)

maringo - 30/1/2007 01:28

Is Richard Newman still on Celebdaq? As he features at the bottom of the last dividend list...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/celebdaq/news/dividends/2007/01/26/40311.shtml

He gets 0.0001 for some reason.

No, maringo he isn't. He was in fact one of the first to be expunged a few months ago, His name keeps appearing on the dividend list, but he's clearly just a piece of dirty data in the database. No comment.
maringo
Posted 2/2/2007 14:56 (#2035 - in reply to #1215)

Yet again, Aisleyne shares are the only BB7 shares to earn any dividend from press coverage this week. So lots of virtual money for me (with a little help from Shilpa Shetty as well).

Here's the relevant section of the dividend list...

Lindsay Lohan : 1.8034
Russell Brand : 1.7854
Beyonce Knowles : 1.7324
BB7 Aisleyne : 1.7321
Jermaine Jackson : 1.7277
Guy Ritchie : 1.7176

So she's in pretty good company and even outperforming a top-ranking CBB5 contestant!
ofni
Posted 2/2/2007 15:34 (#2039 - in reply to #1215)

Aisleyne is also now the highest BB7 share price at £4.30 (the highest she has been since mid December, with Pete having dropped to £4.21. Grace and Nikki are both down near the minimum £1.00 price. Don't get too excited, celebdaq share prices are very peculiar things, so it doesn't do to attach any particular significance to them.

Shilpa's price has plummeted to £7.75, while the only other CBB5 price which is rising is Danielle at £4.04. Jo briefly rose above Aisleyne earlier this week but quickly dropped back to current £3.52..

i am now a celebdaq millionaire, so on Monday I will get a status symbol wad of cash to my name, but will be "kneecapped" back to £10,000 and have to start again from there
ofni
Posted 2/2/2007 16:05 (#2040 - in reply to #2035)

maringo - 2/2/2007 14:56

Yet again, Aisleyne shares are the only BB7 shares to earn any dividend from press coverage this week. So lots of virtual money for me (with a little help from Shilpa Shetty as well).

Here's the relevant section of the dividend list...

Lindsay Lohan : 1.8034
Russell Brand : 1.7854
Beyonce Knowles : 1.7324
BB7 Aisleyne : 1.7321
Jermaine Jackson : 1.7277
Guy Ritchie : 1.7176

So she's in pretty good company and even outperforming a top-ranking CBB5 contestant!

In line with my prediction based on last week's rankings, Aisleyne is indeed 40th highest scoring celebrity this week. pretty good for a BB7 HM 6 months after BB7 and this week of all weeks for CBB5.
maringo
Posted 2/2/2007 19:50 (#2106 - in reply to #2040)

ofni - 2/2/2007 16:05

In line with my prediction based on last week's rankings, Aisleyne is indeed 40th highest scoring celebrity this week. pretty good for a BB7 HM 6 months after BB7 and this week of all weeks for CBB5.

So this week she's become a DJ and reached the top 40.

Thanks ofni!
remaha
Posted 2/2/2007 20:32 (#2142 - in reply to #1215)

Executive Member

<p>I set up a Mini League for Ash Fans some time ago which needs some new blood because Premierscfc keeps winning every week (don't ask me how he does it!). If anyone wants to join, all you have to do is let me know your Celebdaq ID and I'll add you (for your ID, look at the portfolio page just above the table showing your celebs). When you have been added, your membership will show up on the Mini Leagues page and you will be able to see how well (or how badly) you are doing compared to the rest of us.</p>
ofni
Posted 2/2/2007 21:01 (#2157 - in reply to #1215)

Oh thanks remaha didnt know about that. I'll PM you my details.

BTW Aisleyne's share price has edged up a bit more to £4.36. Danielle has rocketed up to £4.64, but I expect that to come down again when the day-trader experts (like premiers?) start taking profits.
premierscfc
Posted 2/2/2007 21:12 (#2159 - in reply to #2142)

remaha - 2/2/2007 20:32

I set up a Mini League for Ash Fans some time ago which needs some new blood because Premierscfc keeps winning every week (don't ask me how he does it!). If anyone wants to join, all you have to do is let me know your Celebdaq ID and I'll add you (for your ID, look at the portfolio page just above the table showing your celebs). When you have been added, your membership will show up on the Mini Leagues page and you will be able to see how well (or how badly) you are doing compared to the rest of us.

premierscfc
Posted 2/2/2007 21:16 (#2161 - in reply to #2157)

ofni - 2/2/2007 21:01

Oh thanks remaha didnt know about that. I'll PM you my details.

BTW Aisleyne's share price has edged up a bit more to £4.36. Danielle has rocketed up to £4.64, but I expect that to come down again when the day-trader experts (like premiers?) start taking profits.

I don't worry about share price during the week. I just decide at the start of the week who I think will pay a good dividend and max out on that person. I only buy people who are under £2. I try to play with my head and not my heart so I don't have shares in Aisleyne because her dividend would have to be 3 times that of someone who cost £1.40.
remaha
Posted 2/2/2007 21:24 (#2164 - in reply to #2161)

Executive Member

premierscfc - 2/2/2007 21:16
ofni - 2/2/2007 21:01 Oh thanks remaha didnt know about that. I'll PM you my details. BTW Aisleyne's share price has edged up a bit more to £4.36. Danielle has rocketed up to £4.64, but I expect that to come down again when the day-trader experts (like premiers?) start taking profits.
I don't worry about share price during the week. I just decide at the start of the week who I think will pay a good dividend and max out on that person. I only buy people who are under £2. I try to play with my head and not my heart so I don't have shares in Aisleyne because her dividend would have to be 3 times that of someone who cost £1.40.

I once tried that strategy and ended up buying some shares in Nikki

You'll all be glad to know that I lost a bundle on that investment

premierscfc
Posted 2/2/2007 21:30 (#2167 - in reply to #2164)

remaha - 2/2/2007 21:24

premierscfc - 2/2/2007 21:16
ofni - 2/2/2007 21:01 Oh thanks remaha didnt know about that. I'll PM you my details. BTW Aisleyne's share price has edged up a bit more to £4.36. Danielle has rocketed up to £4.64, but I expect that to come down again when the day-trader experts (like premiers?) start taking profits.

I once tried that strategy and ended up buying some shares in Nikki

You'll all be glad to know that I lost a bundle on that investment

I know I said I played with my head and not my heart but I do have principles. I will not stoop that low.
ofni
Posted 2/2/2007 21:36 (#2168 - in reply to #1215)

Yeah I bought into Grace when she had her PVC centre spread in the Daily Star one Sunday. The hamsters missed it altogether and she got no divi that week. Didn't know whether to laugh or cry!

They did the same to Ash the other week, I emailed them and they apologised but didn't add the score in. She also missed out when she had those two big Daily Star appearances on consecutive days just before Christmas and they were on Christmas shutdown. And the NOTW Miami article on NYE. Grrrrr.

I usually have some Aisleyne shares for sentimental reasons. Some weeks they have performed better than my so-callled canny hard-headed investments!

Edited by ofni 2/2/2007 21:42
ofni
Posted 4/2/2007 22:45 (#2441 - in reply to #1215)

ofni's celebdaq factoids #2

Assuming it gets counted properly, Aisleyne's appearance in the Star today should ensure her a place in the dividend list again this week. It may only score modestly, but it serves the important function of maintaining continuous consistent scoring, which will help keep her on the 'daq. They are particularly ruthless in wiping off non-scoring reality TV stars. Even good scoring ones can go, as was the case with Imogen. Of course, there still four days to go, so plenty of chances yet for further press coverage. Stuff the celebdaq divi, we want to see the pictures!!

Aisleyne's share price remains in the mid £4.30's and is still the highest BB7 share price, with Pete down to £4.19. Danielle's price climbed near to £5.00, but then, as I predicted, the day-traders took profits and she has dropped back down to £3.84 and falling. Shilpa's price continues to slide as CBB5 fever subsides(currently £6.89), though I guess she will still generate a fair dividend again this week. Most of the CBB5 HMs are now below £2 (a lot of them right down near the £1 minimum). To illustrate that Aisleyne's £4.36 price is amazingly high, the other two recent reality TV "babes", Myleene and Leona are now £2.35 and £1.16 respectively.
dannyk
Posted 4/2/2007 23:26 (#2446 - in reply to #1215)

Thanks for the updates ofni.

I'm surprised that Pete is still quite high - I haven't seen any newspaper articles focusing on him for ages.
ofni
Posted 4/2/2007 23:51 (#2448 - in reply to #1215)

Yes Danny there is something rather "gravity defying" about Pete's share price, and for that matter, about Ash's too, though she does get many more column inches than Pete has had of late.

For the other big reality shows since BB7, contestants share prices have indeed risen sharply to begin with and winners/headline makers (not always the same people of course) have unsurprisingly soared, making early investors huge profits. But prices of losers have plummeted very rapidly and even winners' prices have tended to drop quite sharply, quite soon after the shows have finished.

Also, when you look at share prices there are a lot of people who one has to recognise are "bigger celebrities" than Aisleyne (though she is catching up fast of course!), but whose share prices are much lower, and that includes people (like, say, Russell Brand at £1.30) who are very "goss-worthy" and who do rattle up the column inches with their affairs and adventures.

That's why I don't attach overmuch significance to the actual share prices What matters much more are those dividends which are much more closely attached to the "real world"- or at least as near to the real world as tabloid headlines ever get!
ofni
Posted 5/2/2007 15:16 (#2494 - in reply to #2448)

And Aisleyne's appearance in the Star yesterday (and very nice she looked too!) has indeed secured her a dividend again this week of at least 75p. Last week this score would have put her around the 100th mark, halfway up the 200+ list of celebs on celebdaq, alongside John Terry, Justin Timberlake and Johnny Vegas!! Could be more press coverage yet of course, but she has at least again broken the duck and registered a dividend. More pictures please!
becki
Posted 5/2/2007 19:02 (#2533 - in reply to #2494)

Executive Member

ofni - 5/2/2007 15:16

And Aisleyne's appearance in the Star yesterday (and very nice she looked too!) has indeed secured her a dividend again this week of at least 75p. Last week this score would have put her around the 100th mark, halfway up the 200+ list of celebs on celebdaq, alongside John Terry, Justin Timberlake and Johnny Vegas!! Could be more press coverage yet of course, but she has at least again broken the duck and registered a dividend. More pictures please!

Thats fab!!
Ash is doing really well and i'm so happy for her
Interested Observer
Posted 6/2/2007 11:51 (#2599 - in reply to #2142)

remaha - 2/2/2007 20:32

I set up a Mini League for Ash Fans some time ago which needs some new blood because Premierscfc keeps winning every week (don't ask me how he does it!). If anyone wants to join, all you have to do is let me know your Celebdaq ID and I'll add you (for your ID, look at the portfolio page just above the table showing your celebs). When you have been added, your membership will show up on the Mini Leagues page and you will be able to see how well (or how badly) you are doing compared to the rest of us.

Hello remaha, can you add me to your Mini League? My Celebdaq ID is: IObserver. Thanks in advance.
Jump to page : < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... >
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread