You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Forum

Amy
Moderators: Admin, Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General -> Big Brother & OthersMessage format

ofni
Posted 6/8/2007 23:35 (#20637 - in reply to #20335)
Subject: Re: Amy

I disagree. The mach test isn't supposed to be about manipulation, but that's the label BB used to stigmatize her in the eyes of the other housemates. It made Glyn suspicious of her and that led to him distancing himself from her when she really needed some support after Imogen was evicted.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Sid_1979
Posted 6/8/2007 23:35 (#20638 - in reply to #20335)

I'm beginning to change my mind about Amy. Whilst I'll never be her biggest fan, I'm actually beginning to feel a bit sorry for the girl. The way she's been treated by Liam (and to an extent Carole) is appalling. And the spin-off shows are so biased against her. She's clearly been targetted as the next villain following Charley's departure, but the true villain in all of this is arrogant, inconsiderate, sneaky Liam.
Julian
Posted 6/8/2007 23:46 (#20641 - in reply to #20638)

Executive Member

I definitely think Amy is getting a rough deal. I don't think she's the schemer she's being painted as. I think she may have fancied Liam outside the house and when Liam started showing an interest she was certainly not going to knock him back. I think she supported the idea of selecting the halfway housemates to face the public vote out of a sense of fairness. I'd have done the same thing. The fairest way to select is by using logic and logically the new housemates hadn't earned their places in the house as much as the originals had. Perhaps she could have agonized over the decision more but she'd only known the others a few days. She'd known the original housemates from 8 weeks of watching. I haven't grown particularly attached to Amy but, she's barely been in the house a week. I think it's far too early to judge.

Regards

Julian
premierscfc
Posted 6/8/2007 23:53 (#20642 - in reply to #20636)
Subject: RE: Amy

Julian - 6/8/2007 23:35
premierscfc - 6/8/2007 23:12 You can include Davina and Dermot in the people who viewed her kindness and concern with suspicion and cynicism. Dermot is a producer of BBLB so he is responsible for content and not saying what he is being paid to say but what he wants to say. He stitched Aisleyne up last year along with Davina and they are employed by Endemol.
I have never understood why people say that about Dermot. Dermot loved Aisleyne last year. He was always in her corner, aghast at the way the returning housemates were talking about her and over the moon when it turned out she was popular near the end. Where people get the idea he was anti-Aisleyne is completely beyond me Davina didn't like her but, as I've said before, my Sister didn't either. Sometimes you get the wrong idea about people but it doesn't make you a bad person just a not very insightful one Regards Julian

So you agree with Dermot then when he said that Aisleyne was putting on an act with the way she spoke (the show he did when Junior Simpson was his guest).  The major portion of that particular show was all about Aisleyne being fake. Something we had to defend for weeks on the boards after that show. 

Julian
Posted 7/8/2007 00:08 (#20645 - in reply to #20642)

Executive Member

premierscfc - 6/8/2007 23:53
So you agree with Dermot then when he said that Aisleyne was putting on an act with the way she spoke (the show he did when Junior Simpson was his guest).  The major portion of that particular show was all about Aisleyne being fake. Something we had to defend for weeks on the boards after that show. 

Did he say she was being fake or was he asking his guest if she was? To be honest I don't remember but I'm sure I would have noticed if he had said anything untoward. I was as sensitive about criticism of Aisleyne as anyone.

I remember him being embarrassed for Aisleyne when he showed Aisleyne answering quiz questions incorrectly.

I remember him unhappy when the audience were negative towards her.

I remember him falling over himself with glee when she turned out to be popular in the polls.

As far as I was concerned he was as pro-Aisleyne last year as he is pro-Chanelle this year.

I guess we all see things differently

Regards

Julian
ofni
Posted 7/8/2007 00:26 (#20649 - in reply to #20335)

I'll consider that Dermot is pro-Aisleyne if and only if she appears as a guest on BBLB this month.

NOW, as to the subject of this thread, Amy...........

Will she make it on to the Daily Star's rota?

Edited by ofni 7/8/2007 00:29
Sid_1979
Posted 7/8/2007 12:38 (#20674 - in reply to #20641)

Julian - 6/8/2007 23:46

I definitely think Amy is getting a rough deal. I don't think she's the schemer she's being painted as. I think she may have fancied Liam outside the house and when Liam started showing an interest she was certainly not going to knock him back. I think she supported the idea of selecting the halfway housemates to face the public vote out of a sense of fairness. I'd have done the same thing. The fairest way to select is by using logic and logically the new housemates hadn't earned their places in the house as much as the originals had. Perhaps she could have agonized over the decision more but she'd only known the others a few days. She'd known the original housemates from 8 weeks of watching. I haven't grown particularly attached to Amy but, she's barely been in the house a week. I think it's far too early to judge.

Regards

Julian

Oh I don't think Amy's an angel by any means. She clearly saw bedding Liam as a way to grab attention - let's face it she's hardly going to get noticed because of her personality! And I don't think she cared about Shanessa half as much as she claimed to. However, it takes two to tango and I can't help feeling Liam has led her on and Shanessa was wrong to hold Amy entirely responsible for being made to return to the half-way house.

Amy's faults are being blown way out of proportion and I think it's unfair.

The worst thing about all this is that she will be crucified by the public whereas Liam, who has behaved terribly, will receive a hearty cheer and his behaviour will be brushed aside as "typical laddish behaviour."

The girls always get a raw deal. It's such double standards.

Stephanie
Posted 7/8/2007 13:22 (#20683 - in reply to #20335)

I think what Liam said about Amy on last night show was horrible am seeing a different side to Liam, he seems to be putting other hms down with very not nice comments. He wanted a quicky and he got it then he ditched her. Amy has also been judge very unfairly because she's a glamour model, am not claiming to be her fan but the housemates should get to know her before making judgements, such as Carole and Chanelle who had a instant dislike straight away when Amy didn't do anything for her to dislike her.
Sid_1979
Posted 7/8/2007 17:28 (#20700 - in reply to #20335)

Well said Steph!

Liam is like a schoolboy - showing off at every opportunity, behaving immaturely, stirring, winding people up, mocking them. Get him out!
Julian
Posted 7/8/2007 22:30 (#20711 - in reply to #20700)

Executive Member

Sid_1979 - 7/8/2007 17:28

Well said Steph!

Liam is like a schoolboy - showing off at every opportunity, behaving immaturely, stirring, winding people up, mocking them. Get him out!

I do think he lacks empathy sometimes. He might think certain things are not worth getting upset about but that doesn't mean that other people are not genuinely upset by them. Tracey is quite similar in that respect

Regards

Julian
dal1966
Posted 8/8/2007 17:53 (#20762 - in reply to #20335)

BB on the couch on Sunday night was a aw full character assasignation of Amy. What is happening to Amy reminds me of what they did to Ash last year. It seems that on every available opportunity BB is delibrately portraying her in a bad light.
Carole's reason's for nominating her were disgusting.
Julian
Posted 8/8/2007 20:16 (#20780 - in reply to #20762)

Executive Member

I don't believe that either Carole or BB are trying to pin something on Amy that they don't believe to be true.

I don't think it's true but I think that they believe it.

I've never bought into the conspiracy theories of BB trying to manipulate the viewers. I think a lot of people believed Aisleyne was fake last year, including the psychologists and probably a lot of the BB producers/editors.

They weren't trying to stitch her up they were trying to portray what they believed they saw.

Fortunately we saw the real Aisleyne and the public came to see it too

Regards

Julian
premierscfc
Posted 8/8/2007 20:22 (#20782 - in reply to #20335)

Carol actually said that Amy was prepared to have sex to get on in BB when nominating her. Carol makes Grace look like a saint.  I hope Amy survives this week because she will not suck up to Carol like "her boys"
Julian
Posted 8/8/2007 22:33 (#20800 - in reply to #20782)

Executive Member

premierscfc - 8/8/2007 20:22

Carol actually said that Amy was prepared to have sex to get on in BB when nominating her. Carol makes Grace look like a saint.  I hope Amy survives this week because she will not suck up to Carol like "her boys"

I agree with Amy when she says Carol is being narrow-minded. She's made her decision without giving her a chance and without even trying to get to know her.

Regards

Julian
premierscfc
Posted 8/8/2007 22:45 (#20802 - in reply to #20335)

http://entertainment.aol.co.uk/tv/big-brother/cast-your-vote-whos-y...

I know its only AOL but Amy is the favourite to win it.
Sid_1979
Posted 8/8/2007 22:47 (#20803 - in reply to #20802)
Subject: Re: Who goes?

Kara unfortunately :(

Jonty or Gerry to win!

maringo
Posted 8/8/2007 22:49 (#20804 - in reply to #20802)

premierscfc - 8/8/2007 22:45

http://entertainment.aol.co.uk/tv/big-brother/cast-your-vote-whos-y...

I know its only AOL but Amy is the favourite to win it.

Thanks! Some weird voting there though...

We're down to ten - who's your fave?

Amy 17%
Carol 15%
Samanda 15%
Ziggy 14%
Jonty 13%
Gerry 8%
Brian 7%
Liam 5%
Kara-Louise 3%
Tracey 3%

Total votes: 14,127
Julian
Posted 8/8/2007 22:52 (#20807 - in reply to #20804)

Executive Member

I remember some weird numbers last year but it settled down after a while to something more sensible. With Aisleyne topping the poll of course

Regards

Julian
raven_girl
Posted 9/8/2007 15:02 (#20871 - in reply to #20335)

Hey guys I hate Carole she does my head in she could be possibly worse then Charley sadly all these little girls who fancy Liam will vote Amy out, shame really
dal1966
Posted 10/8/2007 17:52 (#20942 - in reply to #20335)

I am really surprised that Aisleyne is not supporting Amy, as BB are stitching Amy up big time. I was surprised to reed in Aisleyne's BB Blog column that she want's Amy out. BB are stitching Amy up as they did with Aisleyne last year.
Carole's nomination comments about Amy was extremely nasty and over the top.
Julian
Posted 11/8/2007 00:00 (#20977 - in reply to #20942)

Executive Member

I thought Amy came across very well in her eviction interview.

People are always too quick to believe the worst

At the end of the day I liked all five of the nominees this week for different reasons so I would have been sad if any of them had gone.

Slightly less sad if it had been Jonty, though, it has to be said

Regards

Julian
maringo
Posted 11/8/2007 01:44 (#20994 - in reply to #20942)

dal1966 - 10/8/2007 17:52

I am really surprised that Aisleyne is not supporting Amy, as BB are stitching Amy up big time. I was surprised to reed in Aisleyne's BB Blog column that she want's Amy out. BB are stitching Amy up as they did with Aisleyne last year.
Carole's nomination comments about Amy was extremely nasty and over the top.

Aisleyne mainly watches the highlights programmes, so she only gets the edited version of events in the house. OA's post about this says a bit more...

http://www.aisleyne.com/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=1210&posts...
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread