You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Forum

Daily Aisleyne BB8 Blog
Moderators: Admin, Moderators

Jump to page : < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... >
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Aisleyne -> Aisleyne NewsMessage format

deeb
Posted 3/6/2007 09:59 (#16241 - in reply to #16124)
Subject: Re: Daily Aisleyne BB8 Blog

ofni - 1/6/2007 12:54 Today's blog's out - and Aisleyne has plenty to say about three HMs. Which ones? Read here: http://www.revealblog.co.uk/BBBlogPAGE.ASP

Ah, - not keen on Shabs and Charley ...

Here's a post of mine from a couple of hours before Ash's blog.

Now the controversial bit:

Take care with Lesley - she's admitted that she likes to get her own way. I think she's learnt a few tricks to achieve that. She's probably one of those Macky .. Machi ... err, manipulative types.

Lesley said: "The production team said I could have the single bed in the corner."

Ash should have picked up on that one (?). Why wouldn't the production team inform the whole group of a special exception like that? Everyone else had to negotiate for their beds. There are other reasons why I'm wary about Lesley but they don't amount to such simple explanation.

Laura is special.

Of all the HMs, I think Laura has the most similar spirit that Ash has. I might not support Laura with vigour but I think I'll be inclined to defend her or her supporters, if necessary.

Still liking Nicky (like some of you, I think.)

You can read my next blog on ...

... oh, I don't blog. Just me that doesn't, then.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
deeb
Posted 3/6/2007 10:03 (#16242 - in reply to #16201)

Odm - 2/6/2007 15:54 On BBBM last night Aisleyne said Carole is her favourite but mentions Lesley in her Blog...I wonder if that was an error in printing or whether Ais changed her favourite?

I did read your post before mine, Odm, but I see it in a different light now.

Yes, I think she must have meant to write Carole - I can agree with her that Carole is great - I'm just not committing to say that she's my favourite, yet.

Well picked up.  

deeb
Posted 3/6/2007 15:06 (#16255 - in reply to #16242)

^^ Seems that suspicions about Lesley are being discussed here.
kowalski
Posted 3/6/2007 15:14 (#16256 - in reply to #15993)

Senate Member

Opinions about HMs are bound to change a fair bit in the first week , I liked Lesley at first , but now I'm starting to go off her , she made it particularly awkward for ziggy by not giving her bed up .

k
Julian
Posted 3/6/2007 16:20 (#16262 - in reply to #16256)

Executive Member

I started off quite liking Lesley although it was pretty clear she was out of her depth in there. I've come to the conclusion she is not a people person. I wouldn't say she is Machiavellian but she's been caught in a few lies and selfish acts which has put me off her.

I aree with Aisleyne when it comes to Charley and Shabnam. They are probably my least favourite in there at the moment.

Regards

Julian
Officially Aisleyne
Posted 4/6/2007 12:34 (#16302 - in reply to #16262)

Aislyene's BB8 Blog - Mon 4 June

Gettin' jiggy with Ziggy

Aisleyne latest BB8 blog entry for Reveal Magazine is now online at

http://www.revealblog.co.uk/BBBlogPAGE.ASP

emptybox
Posted 4/6/2007 12:44 (#16304 - in reply to #15993)
Subject: RE: Daily Aisleyne BB8 Blog

Thanks OA.

It's interesting that Ash knew both Charley and Zak/Ziggy before the show.

I'm also liking Nicky at the moment.
secrethousemate
Posted 4/6/2007 13:53 (#16307 - in reply to #16304)

emptybox - 4/6/2007 12:44

Thanks OA.

I'm beginning to think this 'Zak/Ziggy' guy is more of a Z-list celebrity than a genuine member of the public. He's been papped once or twice already --->

http://www.wireimage.com/GalleryListing.asp?nbc1=1&navtyp=CAL====14...

I thought Celebrity Big Brother wasn't on again until January?

Odm
Posted 4/6/2007 14:30 (#16310 - in reply to #16307)

secrethousemate - 4/6/2007 13:53

Thanks OA.

I'm beginning to think this 'Zak/Ziggy' guy is more of a Z-list celebrity than a genuine member of the public. He's been papped once or twice already --->

He is,nt an ordinary member of the public. He was in the Boy Band Northern Line. Theres loads of info about him SHM..hes had a few stabs at the fame game...I think they are all ' specially picked' really and none of them are just ordinary average joe off the street. ( It would really be fun if they were)
secrethousemate
Posted 4/6/2007 19:41 (#16313 - in reply to #16310)

Odm - 4/6/2007 14:30

secrethousemate - 4/6/2007 13:53

Thanks OA.

He is,nt an ordinary member of the public. He was in the Boy Band Northern Line. Theres loads of info about him SHM..hes had a few stabs at the fame game...I think they are all ' specially picked' really and none of them are just ordinary average joe off the street. ( It would really be fun if they were)

I think you're right there. This obvious filtering out of the 'average joes' could be the death of BB. People will see it as a cynical exercise in launching 'careers', or reviving failed ones.

I heard Charley say on the highlights show she was at the same PFA Party where Ash broke her hand. Small world, obviously

Julian
Posted 4/6/2007 22:35 (#16331 - in reply to #16313)

Executive Member

A daily blog is a bit difficult this early on. Opinions can change at a moment's notice. You form one opinion then watch the next highlight show or some live streaming and change your mind completely.

I think Aisleyne's wrong about Chanelle. I don't think she's at all manipulative. Chanelle had to borrow clothes for bed because they'd packed everything in their suitcases just before he came in. On diary room uncut she was even complaining to BB that all she had to wear was a thong because everything else was in the suitcase.

I watched her 'date' with Ziggy on live streaming and they definitely get on but she's certainly not going in for the kill. He told her he was really attracted to her and her first reaction was to call him stupid

I think Ziggy proved early on that he's not at all shallow. Even without the dating task he went out of his way not to play favourites and I think he's genuinely fond of Carole and Laura who are not exactly 'lookers'

I do agree about Nicky and Shabnam, though. Nicky's been really growing on me and every day I dislike Shabnam more

Regards

Julian
Julian
Posted 5/6/2007 00:53 (#16344 - in reply to #16313)

Executive Member

secrethousemate - 4/6/2007 19:41
I think you're right there. This obvious filtering out of the 'average joes' could be the death of BB. People will see it as a cynical exercise in launching 'careers', or reviving failed ones.

I think, if anything, this BB is filled with some of the most level-headed non-wannabe's of any series I've seen

Ziggy reckons he's very happy with his life the way it is and, while he would be happy to take whatever opportunities come his way, he'd be equally happy if nothing came of it.

Chanelle reckons people don't vote for housemates like her and doesn't expect to last further than week 4 or 5. She's planning to go back and finish her degree as soon as she gets out.

Emily entered with a bunch of friends and didn't even think about what she could get out of it until they told her she was selected. She's not interested in the kind of fame you get from BB, she's more looking forward to experiencing the tasks.

The twins don't want fame. They don't think of ex-BB people as celebrities anyway and are also planning to go straight back to Uni (or possibly take a year off depending on the timing of when they get out).

Laura wants to be the first Welsh winner but she's not looking for anything else. In fact she's worried about the fame side because she wants to still be able to do normal things like taking the kids on the bus etc.

I'm quite sure Lesley and Carole have little ambition either.

Charley and Shabnam strike me as being the most fame-hungry. Charley explicitly said as much and Shabnam just seems the type.

Not that there's anything wrong with being on BB for the fame or the opportunities that it might bring but, so far, I really don't see this series as being in any danger of reinforcing the wannabe, fame-hungry stereotype.

Regards

Julian
Officially Aisleyne
Posted 5/6/2007 13:27 (#16349 - in reply to #15993)

Aisleye's Daily BB8 Blog - Tues 5th June

'Sniffing the mattress'

Aisleyne's latest daily BB8 Blog for Reveal Magazine is now online:

ofni
Posted 5/6/2007 13:41 (#16350 - in reply to #15993)

That's an interesting "housemate's insight" comparing Lesley to herself, isn't it?
Julian
Posted 5/6/2007 19:28 (#16371 - in reply to #16350)

Executive Member

ofni - 5/6/2007 13:41

That's an interesting "housemate's insight" comparing Lesley to herself, isn't it?

I like these snippets of insight, actually, they're the sort of thing you couldn't get from a non-housemate's report.

Nice to see Aisleyne's opinion converging on mine again

To be honest Chanelle could be a difficult one to judge. The magazines have a few things I wouldn't be impressed about it if true but I learnt years ago you can't trust the magazines. I prefer to make my judgements on what I see

Regards

Julian
emptybox
Posted 5/6/2007 22:49 (#16383 - in reply to #15993)

That's very nearly right on the button from Ash.

I can't make up my mind about Chanelle either. Sometimes I like her, but at others she seems very whiney.

Officially Aisleyne
Posted 6/6/2007 12:27 (#16411 - in reply to #16383)

Aisleyne's Daily BB8 Blog - Wed 6th June

Day 8: the bitch fight continues...

Aisleyne's latest daily BB8 Blog for Reveal Magazine is now online:

ofni
Posted 6/6/2007 13:05 (#16414 - in reply to #15993)

Another fascinating little insight.

I wonder what Ash will make of the nominations - she'll be happy about Shabnam, but I she might be surprised about Emily.
secrethousemate
Posted 6/6/2007 15:12 (#16417 - in reply to #16414)

Reveal's site seems to be getting a big traffic boost since Ash's blog started.

http://www.alexa.com/data/details/traffic_details?url=www.revealblo...

You'll need a slide rule, calculator and the brain of a rocket scientist to make sense of the numbers though

ofni
Posted 6/6/2007 15:26 (#16418 - in reply to #16417)

secrethousemate - 6/6/2007 15:12

Reveal's site seems to be getting a big traffic boost since Ash's blog started.

http://www.alexa.com/data/details/traffic_details?url=www.revealblo...

You'll need a slide rule, calculator and the brain of a rocket scientist to make sense of the numbers though

Crikey! I'll take your word for it!
Officially Aisleyne
Posted 7/6/2007 12:06 (#16461 - in reply to #16418)

Aisleyne's Daily BB8 Blog - Thurs 7th June

'Day 9: Emily's out!'

Aisleyne daily BB8 Blog for Reveal Magazine is now online at:

dannyk
Posted 7/6/2007 12:22 (#16463 - in reply to #15993)

She wrote that quickly! I wonder if she had to ditch what she wrote originally (about last night's show). Anyway, I agree with her comments; Emily has been foolish rather than racist.
ofni
Posted 7/6/2007 12:38 (#16464 - in reply to #15993)

As usual, loads of commonsense from Aisleyne.

As she said in her Sky News interview last week "there is no room for mistakes like that". Prophetic words for Emily, as it's turned out.

I've tried to post this comment on C4BB as well, but the server seems to be in meltdown.
kowalski
Posted 7/6/2007 14:41 (#16467 - in reply to #15993)

Senate Member

" It seems to me that her desperate attempts to look cool and fit in have backfired badly.

The term she blurted out may be used quite loosely in some rap tunes she's heard and I know it was only meant in a jokey way, but racially it's a loaded gun. She should have realised that this year's BB is having zero tolerance to this kind of thing "

I must admit that I was worried about what Ash would write about this , I've been trying to formulate a post on it and of course it's a mine-field , you don't want to condemn but then if you're too easy on Emily it looks like you're an apologist .

Anyway - Ash put it very well , really put her finger on the pertinent points without hysteria or self-righteousness .

It sounds to me like Emily was trying to sound hip in front of charley , she's heard black people use it in hip-hop style and so she's tried to sound like she's 'down with it' or whatever , but of course as Ash says - you've gotta be real careful with that stuff .

k

emptybox
Posted 7/6/2007 23:42 (#16495 - in reply to #15993)

Silly girl.
Jump to page : < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... >
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread