You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Forum

Robber incident & the press (ANSWERED)
Moderators: Admin, Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Ask Aisleyne -> Answered QuestionsMessage format

dannyk
Posted 25/4/2007 09:21 (#11939)
Subject: Robber incident & the press (ANSWERED)

Hi Aisleyne,

This is a Q about the robber/old man incident from the other week. A lot of people in the public eye would have gone running to the press had they done what you did, to big themselves up, but the only people you have spoken to about it is the police (obviously!) and your fans.

Did you make a conscious decision not to use the incident for publicity or did it just not cross your mind at all?

Hope your hand feels better!
Daniel
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Aisleyne
Posted 28/4/2007 20:15 (#12470 - in reply to #11939)
Subject: Re: Robber incident & the press

Hey Dannyk

Interesting Q.... Dont really know how to answer it hun, I am not sure it was something to be proud of as it turned out very dangerous in the end. I tend to be driven alot by emotion which is sometimes not a great example to set
Julian
Posted 28/4/2007 21:01 (#12483 - in reply to #12470)

Executive Member

Aisleyne - 28/4/2007 20:15

Hey Dannyk

Interesting Q.... Dont really know how to answer it hun, I am not sure it was something to be proud of as it turned out very dangerous in the end. I tend to be driven alot by emotion which is sometimes not a great example to set

They say that "all it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing". It's irresponsible to encourage people to risk themselves for others the way you did, particularly if the risk is high but that doesn't make it any less worthy.

I don't disagree that it was foolish but, at the same time, it was a terrific example of courage, empathy and concern for others. Don't you dare feel ashamed of it...

Regards

Julian
deeb
Posted 28/4/2007 22:48 (#12509 - in reply to #12483)

^^ Good post, Julian ... difficult concept to encapsulate.

Ash did what felt right for her at the time.

Critics, including Ash herself, can analyse the situation later and conclude that it didn't set a good example but 'setting an example' wasn't what she was planning in the moment.

Some people really do punish themselves with feelings of guilt when they shouldn't. It's easy to say but I can't always put it into action.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread