You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Forum

UK BB AXED
Moderators: Admin, Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General -> Big Brother & OthersMessage format

malmo58
Posted 1/4/2007 11:29 (#9604)
Subject: UK BB AXED

Channel 4 have pulled the plug on Big Brother UK after an internal investigation prompted by thousands of viewer complaints found that last summer's seventh series was not fairly staged.

This morning C4's head of programming Sandrine Poisson d'Avril announced that there would not be any more British series of BB. "We received over 10,000 complaints about the editing and bias in BB7, so we launched an inquiry and found that the show was indeed not fairly run," she told reporters. "Channel 4 has always prided itself on its broadcasting integrity, and under the circumstances we feel we have no option but to cancel all further series of Big Brother UK. I apologise unreservedly to viewers for the conduct of Channel 4 staff who worked on last year's programme. We will be taking disciplinary action against those responsible in due course."

Many of the viewer complaints focused on the unfair treatment of contestant Aisleyne Horgan-Wallace by the editing and the bias shown against her by presenters Davina McCall and Dermot O'Leary. "We would especially like to thank all the organised groups of Aisleyne fans on the internet who flagged up instances of bias against her," said Ms Poisson d'Avril. "Their research was an enormous help to us in uncovering the foul play that we can now see had been going on throughout the series."

The findings will not affect O'Leary's appointment as presenter of the fourth series of The X Factor which will air on ITV from September. A spokesman for Syco, the company that produces The X Factor, says they accept O'Leary's explanation that he was only obeying his producers' orders.

BB7 contestant Dawn Blake said she was delighted with the findings. "At last the truth is beginning to unravel," she said on Birmingham radio station BRMB this morning. "One day soon, everything that really happened will be known, including what was done to me. People will see that what I said was true all along." She would not comment on whether she intended to resume her legal battle against the programme's makers.

At Endemol's base in the Netherlands, spokesman Loof Lirpa said "I am devastated by these allegations. How could we have portrayed Big Brother as any different from how it was? As far as we are concerned this is nonsense. Rest assured that this is not the end of Big Brother, we are selling it to over 50 countries now." Lirpa added that people who have already passed auditions for the now cancelled BB8 will be considered for an international Big Brother, featuring contestants from all over the English-speaking world, which will be housed in a disused research base on Antarctica and will run for 15 weeks, beginning on 1 January 2008. This show will be broadcast in several English-speaking countries - USA, Canada, Australia and Tuvalu have already confirmed that they will be showing it - but not in the UK.

Edited by malmo58 1/4/2007 11:32
Top of the page Bottom of the page
mich007
Posted 1/4/2007 11:35 (#9605 - in reply to #9604)
Subject: RE: UK BB AXED

malmo58 - 1/4/2007 11:29

Channel 4 have pulled the plug on Big Brother UK after an internal investigation prompted by thousands of viewer complaints found that last summer's seventh series was not fairly staged.

This morning C4's head of programming Sandrine Poisson d'Avril announced that there would not be any more British series of BB. "We received over 10,000 complaints about the editing and bias in BB7, so we launched an inquiry and found that the show was indeed not fairly run," she told reporters. "Channel 4 has always prided itself on its broadcasting integrity, and under the circumstances we feel we have no option but to cancel all further series of Big Brother UK. I apologise unreservedly to viewers for the conduct of Channel 4 staff who worked on last year's programme. We will be taking disciplinary action against those responsible in due course."

Many of the viewer complaints focused on the unfair treatment of contestant Aisleyne Horgan-Wallace by the editing and the bias shown against her by presenters Davina McCall and Dermot O'Leary. "We would especially like to thank all the organised groups of Aisleyne fans on the internet who flagged up instances of bias against her," said Ms Poisson d'Avril. "Their research was an enormous help to us in uncovering the foul play that we can now see had been going on throughout the series."

The findings will not affect O'Leary's appointment as presenter of the fourth series of The X Factor which will air on ITV from September. A spokesman for Syco, the company that produces The X Factor, says they accept O'Leary's explanation that he was only obeying his producers' orders.

BB7 contestant Dawn Blake said she was delighted with the findings. "At last the truth is beginning to unravel," she said on Birmingham radio station BRMB this morning. "One day soon, everything that really happened will be known, including what was done to me. People will see that what I said was true all along." She would not comment on whether she intended to resume her legal battle against the programme's makers.

At Endemol's base in the Netherlands, spokesman Loof Lirpa said "I am devastated by these allegations. How could we have portrayed Big Brother as any different from how it was? As far as we are concerned this is nonsense. Rest assured that this is not the end of Big Brother, we are selling it to over 50 countries now." Lirpa added that people who have already passed auditions for the now cancelled BB8 will be considered for an international Big Brother, featuring contestants from all over the English-speaking world, which will be housed in a disused research base on Antarctica and will run for 15 weeks, beginning on 1 January 2008. This show will be broadcast in several English-speaking countries - USA, Canada, Australia and Tuvalu have already confirmed that they will be showing it - but not in the UK.

April fool by any chance
malmo58
Posted 1/4/2007 11:37 (#9606 - in reply to #9604)
Subject: Re: UK BB AXED

You got it

Edited by malmo58 1/4/2007 11:38
emptybox
Posted 1/4/2007 12:40 (#9607 - in reply to #9604)

Good one.
maringo
Posted 1/4/2007 14:49 (#9613 - in reply to #9604)

OMG! Is this true?

Anyway, Loof Lirpa is a very funny name, or am I just being backward?
deeb
Posted 1/4/2007 20:31 (#9642 - in reply to #9613)

maringo - 1/4/2007 14:49 OMG! Is this true? Anyway, Loof Lirpa is a very funny name, or am I just being backward?

Can't help you, Ogniram.

Loof to WIN !!!

ofni
Posted 1/4/2007 20:35 (#9644 - in reply to #9604)

Why would anyone want to spell their name backwards?

But anyway thanks for the info.

ofni.
deeb
Posted 1/4/2007 20:40 (#9646 - in reply to #9604)

In France the person fooled is known as poisson d'avril. This has been explained from the association of ideas arising from the fact that in April the sun quits the zodiacal sign of the fish. A far more natural explanation would seem to be that the April fish would be a young fish and therefore easily caught. The French traditionally celebrated this holiday by placing dead fish on the backs of friends. Today the fish has been replaced with paper cut-out.

-- Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poisson_d'avril

This may get moved to Fish, Fish, Fish ...

deeb
Posted 1/4/2007 20:43 (#9647 - in reply to #9644)

ofni - 1/4/2007 20:35 Why would anyone want to spell their name backwards? But anyway thanks for the info. ofni.

Thanks for the confirmation, fni

Odm
Posted 1/4/2007 20:48 (#9648 - in reply to #9613)

maringo - 1/4/2007 14:49

OMG! Is this true?

Anyway, Loof Lirpa is a very funny name, or am I just being backward?

Yes ..Its April Fool M.. ...ahem...

Edited by Odm 1/4/2007 20:49
deeb
Posted 1/4/2007 20:50 (#9649 - in reply to #9648)

Odm - 1/4/2007 20:48
maringo - 1/4/2007 14:49 OMG! Is this true? Anyway, Loof Lirpa is a very funny name, or am I just being backward?

You are a meanie to M, O

mich007
Posted 1/4/2007 20:58 (#9651 - in reply to #9606)

malmo58 - 1/4/2007 11:37

You got it

For 1 second I was almost believing it but then I thought...................Channel 4 admit to bias editing and apologise to Ash Pigs might fly

Good one though, must have taken you ages to type it up good on you.
boldjohn
Posted 1/4/2007 21:21 (#9654 - in reply to #9651)

Executive Member

There's many a true word spoken in jest.
Odm
Posted 1/4/2007 21:28 (#9657 - in reply to #9649)

deeb - 1/4/2007 20:50

You are a meanie to M, O

I know...but I just....cant help it..

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

deeb
Posted 2/4/2007 02:19 (#9684 - in reply to #9657)

Odm - 1/4/2007 21:28

You are a meanie to M, O

I know...but I just....cant help it.. Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

ODM --> MOD --> DOM

Odm
Posted 2/4/2007 23:08 (#9726 - in reply to #9684)

deeb - 2/4/2007 02:19

Odm - 1/4/2007 21:28

You are a meanie to M, O

I know...but I just....cant help it.. Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

ODM --> MOD --> DOM

lol.... You forgot OMD...Orchestral Manouvres in the Dark...a good Band I might add
deeb
Posted 3/4/2007 05:08 (#9734 - in reply to #9726)

Odm - 2/4/2007 23:08
deeb - 2/4/2007 02:19

ODM --> MOD --> DOM

lol.... You forgot OMD...Orchestral Manouvres in the Dark...a good Band I might add

Yes, good band; they're in my vinyl collection -
- couldn't think of an association with you, though, until now

Oops, I can't seem to remove that pic ...

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread