You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Forum

Size Zero
Moderators: Admin, Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General -> Chill OutMessage format

Odm
Posted 21/3/2007 09:04 (#8405)
Subject: Size Zero

What is this thing about size zero Do men actually go for the emaciated bag of bones look where instead of undressing their girlfriend, the clothes just fall to the floor by themselves...normally after the 'victim' has,nt eaten the strawberry that they pushed around their plate for the last half an hour....

Does,nt this 'look' look disgusting? because I think it does...tight jeans look horrible on little chicken bone legs and so do strappy tops/dresses where all the breast bones stick out...its just horrid and I dont know what is the matter with girls who think they look really cool striding down the street looking like a dressed skeleton...

Fashion designers are too blame because they probably dont want to use up too much of the expensive material that they pick when putting together their collections...who knows?...but the models are under pressure to get this stuff to fit....normally its only big enough for a 12 year old very tall person.. all the same...tiny....

When we see models in magazines they are generally airbrushed and 'tidied' on top of that..not in ALL cases but definately in most, so that the image we get is just SOOOO perfect that we are all supposed to go out and copy the look...TV puts 10 pounds of weight on everybody on the screen so anybody who looks thin on there must be a walking twig...!!

I get ever increasingly worried about this food /fashion fad with kids..I dont think our adult world has really helped them to be sensible or choose sensibly for their health or otherwise but I know what I sound like in saying it...

I definately would be mortified if I had a daughter who walked down the road looking like a skeleton and I think all these fashion producers should be lined up and shot....

.... ..too strong a word? ...No! Not if your child developed anorexia or bullimia and began to hate themselves everytime a Marsbar wrapper blew in front of them with the wind...

I wonder what happened to common sense....

Aisleyne is very slim and very sensible with it...I hope she stays that way and never gives in to the demands of 'absolute' fashion.

Edited by Odm 21/3/2007 09:07
Top of the page Bottom of the page
ladyash
Posted 21/3/2007 14:41 (#8464 - in reply to #8405)
Subject: Re: Size Zero

Senate Member

im like ash said when she was younger trying to put weight on i just carnt seem to put any on im 8stone 10 and i eat like a pig
Odm
Posted 21/3/2007 14:46 (#8466 - in reply to #8464)

ladyash - 21/3/2007 14:41

im like ash said when she was younger trying to put weight on i just carnt seem to put any on im 8stone 10 and i eat like a pig

Thats a nice weight Ladyash...I think its all to do with your BMP Body weight/mass etc.IE how to calculate correct weight .and most of the size zero people are seriously underweight. I think your weight sounds pretty good though and you are well lucky to just eat what you like....

...I love sweets and yummy things and cream cakes but I know Im such a hog for them that I cannot overdo it or it will definately show...

Edited by Odm 21/3/2007 14:48
sophie
Posted 21/3/2007 16:37 (#8471 - in reply to #8405)

i eat loads-but i dont seem to put hardly anythin on..but i still want to lose weight..i think most of the food goes to my face lol..

i really like aiselynes figure.. i wish i had one like her xx
kowalski
Posted 21/3/2007 16:38 (#8472 - in reply to #8405)

Senate Member

It's something I think is a serious problem and it isn't going away .

There was a program on the other night about 1997 and in it they featured a clip of Sophie Dahl at a fashion show, this was supposed to be the beginning of the 'larger' type catwalk model , that was TEN years ago and nothings changed , catwalk models are still skeletons.

I was also watching a show about Abi Titmuss, now she's a very healthy looking girl, guys find her very sexy, but she would never get work as a fashion model .

I was looking through my sister's fashion mags - In Style, New Woman etc. and they have these pages celebrating who looks good and they were all stick thin .

The commentators blame the media for promoting stick thin models but it isn't men who like them it's women .

These women's magazines are really a disgrace, why do they do this ?

Some women are naturally slim, they have a slim frame, but this is then celebrated as the ideal and all the other women try and copy it and just end up looking ill .

People have been criticising this for years but it never changes.

Most guys like girls with curves, a healthy look , they don't go for skeletons like victoria Beckham, and yet women continue to convince themsleves that she is the ideal .

WHY??

Sorry if it seems like I'm laying all the blame at women's door, but it's about time this was faced up to.

k

deeb
Posted 26/3/2007 15:01 (#9043 - in reply to #8405)
Subject: RE: Size Zero

Well done to folks who have a detailed opinion on this because all I could say is: I don't like it and it's got to be wrong.

In this Mirror interview, Jayne Middlemiss goes a bit further than I could.
I nodded off when she changed subject in the middle but woke up when she mentioned CBB5.

> JAYNE MIDDLEMISS EXCLUSIVE <

(Sorry 'bout the annoying floaty ads)

EDIT: Seems I 'slept' through her story about interviewing Courtney Love.
Worth paying attention to.

Edited by deeb 26/3/2007 15:09
Odm
Posted 26/3/2007 16:39 (#9048 - in reply to #9043)

deeb - 26/3/2007 15:01

Well done to folks who have a detailed opinion on this because all I could say is: I don't like it and it's got to be wrong.

In this Mirror interview, Jayne Middlemiss goes a bit further than I could.
I nodded off when she changed subject in the middle but woke up when she mentioned CBB5.

> JAYNE MIDDLEMISS EXCLUSIVE <

(Sorry 'bout the annoying floaty ads)

EDIT: Seems I 'slept' through her story about interviewing Courtney Love.
Worth paying attention to.

That was a really good read Deeb...mind you Jayne is only size 8 and that is honestly very very small...max is a size 26 waist so she has nothing to worry about!! If size 12 is huge...I reackon a lot of girls will need to start 'honking' then? size 12 is,nt big either in fact sizes 8 - 12 are very small to med-small... this size zero thing is absolutely ridiculous honestly...

..anyway as for the article it was just so interesting..I remember Jayne from Love Island and I dont really watch that programme to be honest...shes a very bright and bubbly person with plenty of good viewpoints....I laughed about Blondie and Courtney Love..shes a loose cannon that one...anyway thanks for posting that....good one..
carrickmac
Posted 30/3/2007 02:13 (#9452 - in reply to #9048)

Ile just tip toe out of here i think there talking about me
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Pandora
Posted 31/3/2007 16:45 (#9547 - in reply to #8405)

Models starve themselves to Size Zero because magazines and designers think it photographs better but it usually means they look terrible in real life.

No-one seems to realise it's all about frame size. Size 8 might be fine for a small frame / delicately built girl but would be underweight for a large frame girl of the same height.

Unfortunately for large frame people, you can't change the shape and size of your bones but it's no excuse to pig out though, sadly!

Sadly everyone gets flack - if you're too skinny, if you're too overweight - from 'society' and the magazines. I am beginning to think that women's magazines hate everybody! Except for 'Reveal' coz that's quite good. Heat has gone down the toilet faster than last night's curry.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread