You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Forum

Forum Rules
Moderators: Admin, Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General -> Chill OutMessage format

bengos
Posted 19/3/2007 18:16 (#8220 - in reply to #7952)
Subject: Re: Forum Rules

Executive Member

Fair enough, ODM. I've said my piece, and asked for a frank and open debate. If the nature of this forum dictates that such a debate can't take place, then I live by that dictat and the rules by which the forum operates (as best as they can be understood) and you'll hear little from me about it, scouts honour.

I'm sorry that you feel that I am creating unpleasantness - what i'm actually trying to do is to put an end to the ill-feeling which already exists (and widely so judging by my inbox - it's just that Bradley and I are the only ones who have mouths big enough to say it front of people) by having this debate, not try and create any.

It's my job as a human being to stick up for what I believe in, or question something if I wish to. I'd like to think this is the principle that Aisleyne would also opt for. If this forum isn't the place to discuss, erm, this forum, then I accept that decision even though I don't understand it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
emma*the*bird
Posted 19/3/2007 20:28 (#8247 - in reply to #7952)

The ill feeling has kept me away for the last week. I see not much has changed.
Julian
Posted 19/3/2007 23:45 (#8280 - in reply to #8247)

Executive Member

Odm - 19/3/2007 18:03
Please dont let yourself get wound up about nothing Bengos. I assure you that there is no reason to do so. This forum is not a community forum and has a completely different posting requirement. I dont think anybody here can keep repeating this fact.

As far as I can see, the posting 'requirement' is that this is a place that attracts visitors who want to hear the latest about Aisleyne. I think all internet forums are communities of sorts and the more restrictive the forum rules are the less attractive the place becomes.

We've had healthy and vibrant discussions about Aisleyne for months without any rules restricting us from discussing other shows or celebrities. The only thing that such a restriction will do, IMO, is reduce the scope of discussion which will reduce people's interest in coming to the site which will not help this site or Aisleyne in the slightest.

I understand that, as an Aisleyne site, it seems inappropriate to have a discussion about Jade but I don't see any benefit whatsoever in a rule preventing that discussion. It just means that the discussion will happen elsewhere which means potential forum members will be elsewhere and will be neither reading nor contributing to this site. How is that a good thing?

Not to mention the fact that, as the rules stand, there is nothing stopping us dedicating post after post to discussions about Grace or Nikki in the BB7 forum so I'm not sure you gain anything anyway!

This forum is daily adding Members who are happy to conform to the rules and appreciate being a Member of a Forum that houses Aisleyne as a personal visitor. It would be nice to just have a lovely atmosphere and none of the unpleasantness that is being created simply by insistance that Rules should incorporate your feelings in them. I think really that this subject has been blown up out of proportion..

I'm quite willing to conform to the rules but I do feel that this rule will lose us members, or at best lessen our enjoyment of the site for no conceivable gain and, as this board invites us to provide feedback I don't think it unreasonable to make my feelings known. Truth be told, I've yet to hear a single person disagree with my feelings on this matter. Several people have chipped in to agree with it, you and Maringo have negotiated to have a thread saved that is in clear violation of the rules and Maringo has pretty much said that threads violating the rules will be allowed at the Admin's discretion. To my mind that pretty much validates what I've been saying. Either the rule is sensible and shouldn't require any waiving or it isn't!

Anyway, I've said my piece. If the powers that be don't agree then so be it but I have to say I must be missing something because I really don't understand how this rule benefits anyone

Regards

Julian
bengos
Posted 20/3/2007 20:01 (#8380 - in reply to #8217)

Executive Member

bengos - 19/3/2007 17:48

Can I suggest an amnesty on deletion of things in this thread for a set period of say 3-4 days so that everyone, in the open, can discuss their feelings honestly without fear of reproach then it can all be put to rest for good?

That'd be a no, then. LOL.
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread