You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Forum

Grace to do a Column on next Big Brother Series.
Moderators: Admin, Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General -> Big Brother & OthersMessage format

Odm
Posted 13/3/2007 16:17 (#7542)
Subject: Grace to do a Column on next Big Brother Series.

http://www.metro.co.uk/fame/interviews/article.html?in_article_id=3...

Heres an interview with Grace....not my favourite girl, but she mentiones at the bottom of the interview that she has got a column lined up on the next BB series. Thought you might like to know...

...and mines a sweet and sour...lol
Top of the page Bottom of the page
emptybox
Posted 13/3/2007 17:58 (#7563 - in reply to #7542)
Subject: RE: Grace to do a Column on next Big Brother Series.

Who's the column for? (that link is proving truculent, for me)

I'm sure our Ash will be able to secure a similar gig, if she so desires.
kowalski
Posted 13/3/2007 18:58 (#7577 - in reply to #7542)
Subject: Re: Grace to do a Column on next Big Brother Series.

Senate Member

Well she can write one but if anyone pays her for it they're a fool .

This is the girl who told the Metro that she didn't watch any CBB5 and then told Heat that she was addicted to it.

k

Kata07
Posted 13/3/2007 22:20 (#7590 - in reply to #7542)

Well Grace's sister from DSBB says "know the magazine but I dont know if i can say"
:-)
kowalski
Posted 13/3/2007 23:13 (#7594 - in reply to #7542)

Senate Member

"Horse and Hound" ?

k

ofni
Posted 13/3/2007 23:28 (#7596 - in reply to #7563)
Subject: RE: Grace to do a Column on next Big Brother Series.

emptybox - 13/3/2007 17:58

I'm sure our Ash will be able to secure a similar gig, if she so desires.

I think the operative word there is "if", empty. It's another aspect to the debate about whether the BB tag is an asset or a liability. Aisleyne's appearance in the Star today was linked to the weather story and had no connection to BB (other than the obligatory references). However her BB connection did seem to work in her favour during CBB5. I hope Ash gets a couple of appearances on BBLB or BBBM etc during BB8, but that's TV; whether a magazine column would be such a good idea I'm less sure.

I certainly think that Grace has more to gain than Ash by distancing herself from BB. She did seem to build herself an improved image through CDC (I know, I know, we have plenty of Graceosceptics in these parts, but I'm speaking more generally). And to me the Metro interview has the MoneyUK softly-softly approach all over it. (That's Aisleyne's previous and, I understand, Grace's current management company BTW). So I'm a bit surprised that Grace is venturing back into the BB arena; it must be one of the top mags to make it a good strategy for her in Moneyuk's mind.

I'm even speculating that it might be More mag; Aisleyne was very much their favourite during her days with MoneyUK, and that did seem to change when she moved to LWM, plus a new editor started around the same time. It's worked out fine because LWM seem to have got her a broader reach into other mags (especially Closer) which is probably better for the longer term.

We shall see.
emma*the*bird
Posted 14/3/2007 12:19 (#7632 - in reply to #7542)

I think both girls have to distance themselves from BB. All the successful careers from the show have almost nothing to do with BB anymore. People want to see something new.
Odm
Posted 14/3/2007 14:55 (#7635 - in reply to #7632)

emma*the*bird - 14/3/2007 12:19

I think both girls have to distance themselves from BB. All the successful careers from the show have almost nothing to do with BB anymore. People want to see something new.

I completely agree with this and have been saying so myself for quite some time.
bunniesfrightenme
Posted 14/3/2007 22:46 (#7665 - in reply to #7542)

Ais maybe wont be allowed to cos of her obligation to her More colum. I know its unrelated to anything BB as its a sex/advice colum, but More might not want her workin for other publications
Julian
Posted 14/3/2007 23:22 (#7670 - in reply to #7632)

Executive Member

emma*the*bird - 14/3/2007 12:19

Obviously new stuff is better but I don't see a problem with taking BB stuff if offered. Kate Lawler did a BB column last year and she's probably one of the most successful in terms of a career away from reality TV.

It's not like employers are going to forget she was on BB when she applies for stuff. She has to be in a stronger position when being considered for things if she's still in the public eye and if BB-related stuff keeps her in the public eye it's still got to be better than trying to get on TV (or whatever) from a position of complete obscurity!

Regards

Julian
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread