You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Forum

Shilpa meets the Queen
Moderators: Admin, Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General -> Big Brother & OthersMessage format

Odm
Posted 13/3/2007 00:22 (#7502)
Subject: Shilpa meets the Queen

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,21372248-1702,00.html

Quite a big story on google right now is this one where Shilpa met Queen Elizabeth 11.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
emptybox
Posted 13/3/2007 13:05 (#7537 - in reply to #7502)
Subject: RE: Shilpa meets the Queen

I read the story about this in the paper today, and have to say that Shilpa looked magnificent.

Some might say "why has she been chosen for this, what's she done really?", but Shilpa is probably the most famous Indian in Britain at the moment, and she has the poise and elegance to carry this off. Also as an actress she has the confidence and delivery to make a speech like this, and make herself heard.

Well done Shilpa!
ofni
Posted 13/3/2007 23:55 (#7598 - in reply to #7502)
Subject: Re: Shilpa meets the Queen

As a bemused student of the postmodern ironies only BB can throw up, this has to top it all.

Once we just had the famous, then there was Liz Hurley, who was famous for being famous. Ho hum.
Then BBpostmodernism set in and we got Chantelle, famous for NOT being famous, who instead of being a celebrity who won CBB, contrived to win CBB FIRST in order to become a celebrity!

Once people wrote their autobiography. Then people got ghostwriters so they didn't have to write their autobiography. Ho hum.
Then we got Pete, who confessed to the Guardian that he hadn't even READ his own autobiography!

Now we find HM QE2, Head of the Church of England, sitting in Westminster Abbey, being addressed from the pulpit by Shilpa Shetty, Hindu, Bollywood sexpot and former BBHM. Her claim to fame is THIS?

Priceless. Utterly priceless. (I'm a fan of both Chantelle and Shilpa BTW; Pete I'm fairly neutral about.)

Edited by ofni 13/3/2007 23:58
Odm
Posted 14/3/2007 00:08 (#7599 - in reply to #7598)

Sometimes I know I am better to just post stories then comment on them because Ofnis post is so brilliant.... you see, really he has outlined the ironies for me...and Irony is one of those things that I find exceptionally amusing...
ofni
Posted 14/3/2007 00:23 (#7604 - in reply to #7599)

Too kind, Odm, too kind.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread