You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Forum

Have you become an Aisleyne fan since BB7?
Moderators: Admin, Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Aisleyne -> General Aisleyne ChatMessage format

ofni
Posted 25/2/2007 15:47 (#5559)
Subject: Have you become an Aisleyne fan since BB7?

I think that most of the regular posters on here got "hooked on Aisleyne" during BB7, and a lot of our views and opinions were formed at that time, especially some of the strong and sometimes sharply differing opinions on other housemates etc.

I fear this may be making some "lurkers" nervous of putting a foot into the forum waters, for fear of being "jumped on". Please don't worry, I'm sure even our more "combative" FMs will be gentle and welcoming with you!

I would especially like to hear from anyone who has become an Aisleyne fan through what she has done since BB7 finished eg Nuts and Daily Star pics/articles, appearances in mags like More, Closer etc or Invincible Radio, PAs, whatever. Maybe you never watched BB7, or maybe you weren't all that keen on her at that time. I'm sure you would be able to give us some fresh insights and angles on "the Aisleyne Phenomenon" and broaden the discussions a bit.

Looking forward to hearing from you!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
emptybox
Posted 25/2/2007 15:56 (#5560 - in reply to #5559)
Subject: RE: Have you become an Aisleyne Fan SINCE BB7?

There's definitely been an influx since the radio show started. It would be great to hear from you.
warrior262
Posted 25/2/2007 18:08 (#5599 - in reply to #5559)
Subject: Re: Have you become an Aisleyne Fan SINCE BB7?

Hello everyone. I have been a fan from BB7 and thought it was about time to post.
My interest has grown since and it has been great seeing Aisleyne make waves in celebworld.
Hope to post more. xxx
becki
Posted 25/2/2007 18:10 (#5600 - in reply to #5599)

Executive Member

warrior262 - 25/2/2007 18:08

Hello everyone. I have been a fan from BB7 and thought it was about time to post.
My interest has grown since and it has been great seeing Aisleyne make waves in celebworld.
Hope to post more. xxx

Hiya Warrior262
Thanks for posting Ash is ace isnt she?
I'm looking forward to hearing more from ya.
Love Becki xxxxxxxxxxxx
sophie
Posted 25/2/2007 18:12 (#5602 - in reply to #5559)

i was her fan all the way thru big brother and proud to be.. and im likin her even more now.. because of all the things she iz doin..and shes became my hero now and ill b her fan 4evvvvvvvvvaaaa
maringo
Posted 25/2/2007 18:14 (#5603 - in reply to #5599)

warrior262 - 25/2/2007 18:08

Hope to post more. xxx

Thanks for posting and welcome to the forum.
Saj
Posted 25/2/2007 18:17 (#5604 - in reply to #5559)

I really liked her during BB7, I wanted her to win and was a big fan. I remember telling Becki that it would be good if ash was succesful after bb and we would always follow her and I remember once, Becki wandered if we would ever get to speak to ash by letter!!
we never dreamed it would be by phone

Edited by Saj 25/2/2007 18:19
bengos
Posted 25/2/2007 18:40 (#5612 - in reply to #5559)

Executive Member

Nicely put, Saj.

I do worry that a lot of Ais's current successes are down to her loyal fans (such as the Radio Show) and wonder if she's actually getting any "new" fans who didn't watch BB. I think Aisleyne needs to have "wider appeal" than us lot if she's to be as successful as she deserves to be. Thoughts?
dannyk
Posted 25/2/2007 18:43 (#5615 - in reply to #5559)

Well she's done really well with the Nuts stuff - appearing at the top of the chart on their site (or at least, she was the last time I checked), which is at least one area in which she appears to have found herself new fans. Perhaps the More advice columnist role is helping her gain fans with that mag's target audience as well, but there's less available evidence for that.
bengos
Posted 25/2/2007 18:51 (#5617 - in reply to #5559)

Executive Member

Very true, dannyk. I think Ais has a great media future which isn't just modelling, though. There's no doubt if you're male and straight then you're going to like NUTS and so forth when she's in it, but I personally think she has the talent and personality do do TV work etc which is above and beyond "oh, she's fit" but i'm not sure (especially judging by this thread, where all the replies are people that came to like her in BB) if the GBP agree with me as yet. Early days, of course, and i'm obviously not knocking her.
warrior262
Posted 25/2/2007 18:53 (#5618 - in reply to #5612)

Thanks for your kind welcome.
I am sure appearing in More, Nuts and other magazines will broaden Ash's appeal.
Not to mention tv apppearances and modelling contracts.
It's all about exposure.
secrethousemate
Posted 25/2/2007 19:17 (#5621 - in reply to #5559)

Been a fan since about a week into her stay in the BB house, when I saw her singing Here Comes the Hotstepper in the garden with Glyn!

For some reason that little performance said a lot about her. I'd mentally put her in a bit of a pigeonhole along with Chantelle. Chantelle would never sing Hotstepper. You can't argue with that, can you?

I also don't think its that crucial to add fans from post-BB work. To get them, you really need more high profile work than an internet radio presenting job, invaluable though it will prove in her career.

There are lots of people working on TV who don't have any real "fans" at all, at best you could say "admirers".
Stephanie
Posted 25/2/2007 20:11 (#5626 - in reply to #5559)

I've been a fan since bb7 from start to finish. It's not everyone that i like straight away but with Ash i liked her from the beginning even when the crowd were chanting her, i've been supporting her and always will be
dannyk
Posted 25/2/2007 21:06 (#5629 - in reply to #5617)

bengos - 25/2/2007 18:51

Very true, dannyk. I think Ais has a great media future which isn't just modelling, though. There's no doubt if you're male and straight then you're going to like NUTS and so forth when she's in it, but I personally think she has the talent and personality do do TV work etc which is above and beyond "oh, she's fit"

I agree - she does have a lot more to offer. But in the meantime, and while she finds her feet in different areas (I reckon she could do great as a DJ once she's got some experience behind her, for example) I reckon it's good for Ash to keep her name out there. I do think it's amazing that she manages to appeal to such a wide variety of people.
becki
Posted 25/2/2007 21:41 (#5636 - in reply to #5604)

Executive Member

Saj - 25/2/2007 18:17

I really liked her during BB7, I wanted her to win and was a big fan. I remember telling Becki that it would be good if ash was succesful after bb and we would always follow her and I remember once, Becki wandered if we would ever get to speak to ash by letter!!
we never dreamed it would be by phone

I remember that Saj
I cant believe we're actually in touch with Ash, its amazing, shes amazing and i'm so grateful to her for taking the time out to come and chat to us. xxxx
dawny33
Posted 26/2/2007 19:24 (#5683 - in reply to #5559)

I liked Ash the 1st day she went into bb house. The way she wasnt fazed by Sezer when he was being cocky about the ones they had gotten rid of. And when she was making really stupid faces in the mirror with Rich and Pete a few days later, made me think she was really daft and normal and down to earth. I just wished i had a computer then so i could of joined in with you lot on the forum
Mzstake
Posted 8/3/2007 22:24 (#7006 - in reply to #5559)

Difficult to gauge how many people have become fans of Ash's since BB ended. On a personal note l have spoken to most of my friends and they like Ash and didn't follow BB closely.

There is a vunerablity in Ash and l think lots of people identfiy with it and this draws them to her.

I liked Ash from the first moment l saw her and found BB difficult at times as it was a roller coaster of emotions most of the time. l have never classed myself of a fan of anyone. I like to watch people and have fav bands but never have l felt the need to keep a close eye on someones progress, or to worry about them or actually phone a radio show to speak to that person! There is something very special about Ash and l am sure non BB fans will see that in time.
ofni
Posted 8/3/2007 22:36 (#7015 - in reply to #7006)

Mzstake - 8/3/2007 22:24

There is a vunerablity in Ash and l think lots of people identfiy with it and this draws them to her.
There is something very special about Ash

In my opinion you get right to the heart of "the Aisleyne Factor" there Mzstake - it's that vulnerability combined with her toughness which makes Ash quite unique in her appeal right across the demographic spectrum.

I suppose being devastatingly gorgeous with it does help a bit too.

Edited by ofni 8/3/2007 22:37
Odm
Posted 8/3/2007 22:41 (#7018 - in reply to #5683)

dawny33 - 26/2/2007 19:24

I liked Ash the 1st day she went into bb house. The way she wasnt fazed by Sezer when he was being cocky about the ones they had gotten rid of. And when she was making really stupid faces in the mirror with Rich and Pete a few days later, made me think she was really daft and normal and down to earth. I just wished i had a computer then so i could of joined in with you lot on the forum

You are here now Dawny and that is all that matters
bengos
Posted 8/3/2007 22:47 (#7022 - in reply to #5559)

Executive Member

The word I always use to describe Ais is "endearing". I can't think of a better one. It really, to my mind, became (very quickly) impossible to dislike her.
Mzstake
Posted 8/3/2007 22:48 (#7023 - in reply to #7015)

ofni - 8/3/2007 22:36

Mzstake - 8/3/2007 22:24

There is something very special about Ash

In my opinion you get right to the heart of "the Aisleyne Factor" there Mzstake - it's that vulnerability combined with her toughness which makes Ash quite unique in her appeal right across the demographic spectrum.

I suppose being devastatingly gorgeous with it does help a bit too.

"The Aisleyne Factor" That is such a good term! Could be a thread all on its own.
ofni
Posted 8/3/2007 22:55 (#7025 - in reply to #5559)

Or the name for her radio show that she asked about this afternoon?
bengos
Posted 8/3/2007 23:03 (#7027 - in reply to #5559)

Executive Member

I thought Sophie's "The Invincible Aisleyne" was spot on for a show name.
becki
Posted 8/3/2007 23:16 (#7029 - in reply to #7027)

Executive Member

bengos - 8/3/2007 23:03

I thought Sophie's "The Invincible Aisleyne" was spot on for a show name.

Yeah, thats really good
Well done Soph xxxx
Mzstake
Posted 8/3/2007 23:17 (#7030 - in reply to #7025)

Missed lots of the show and chat room today due to compt crashes and constently being thrown out off the chat room.

I did save the chat room to read later so might see that part.

What about erm...Aisleynes Antics or Aisleynes ..er, need time to think about this.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread