You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Forum

Cowell and Makosi
Moderators: Admin, Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General -> Big Brother & OthersMessage format

Odm
Posted 25/2/2007 04:02 (#5490)
Subject: Cowell and Makosi

This post was on DSBB written by End-em-all

Makosi & Cowell On Sky News This Morning- 24/2/07

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Makosi and one of Simon Cowell's brothers were on Sky News this morning just before 11am. Did anyone else see them? They were talking about the growing trend of people using RTV shows as a vehicle to becoming famous. Mr Cowell has just written a book about fame and the cover of the book had the photos of Jordan, Jade and some other no mark celebs.

Makosi admitted that a part of her went on BB to become famous. The presenter asked her if she had any talent and she waffled a bit. She said she went on BB to be herself and that the people who don't have longetivity in the "fame game" are likely to be the ones going on these shows to emulate the likes of Jade Goody. She said there is room for only one Jordan, Jade etc so it's no use trying to be the next Jade, for example.

Mr Cowell said Jade is not a good role model. He said he didn't think Jade was being managed properly as her people should have known it was a bad idea putting her back in the BB house. He said the lure of money has ultimately cost her dear.

That's all I can remember at the mo. The whole section lasted just about 5 mins.

PS: The presenter read out some worrying statistics about teenagers who wanted to be famous. Some said they would give up their education if they were offered the chance to be famous

Edited by Odm 25/2/2007 04:04
Top of the page Bottom of the page
remaha
Posted 25/2/2007 14:19 (#5552 - in reply to #5490)
Subject: RE: Cowell and Makosi

Executive Member

I think that the desire for fame of some sort is a natural human condition. People with musical talent can achieve it through their music, people with a talent for writing can achieve it through journalism or publishing. People with no discernable talent are left feeding on the scaps. Most normal people like myself understand that they risk becoming a laughing stock by going on a reality TV show like BB or the "X-factor". There's a lot of people though who, I suppose, have very little to lose. I seem to remember, for example, that Lea had been on one of these day-time TV shows, maybe Tricia. Maybe she viewed this as an achievement. For most of us, it would be the ultimate nightmare. We would risk losing the reputation we have established in our existing lives, and it might not be possible to return to normailty.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread