You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Forum

Jo in Suicide bid
Moderators: Admin, Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General -> Big Brother & OthersMessage format

Odm
Posted 25/2/2007 03:47 (#5486)
Subject: Jo in Suicide bid

CELEBRITY Big Brother star Jo O'Meara has tried to kill herself, the News of the World can reveal.

She tried to commit suicide last weekend but was saved when friends rushed her to hospital.

The former S-Club 7 star is convinced that she has become a public hate figure over her bullying behaviour towards Bollywood star Shilpa Shetty.

Yesterday Jo's mum Barbara, 60, told us that the suicide bid had been "a real shock."

She added: "It's horrible. I've never seen her so bad in my whole life.

"She is wasting away and is not eating. I speak to her and she tells me how she's still seeing helicopters coming out of mirrors and those sorts of things.

"She's on Prozac now and it seems to have made a difference. The drug takes 14 days to work and I think it's helping her."

Friends and family say she is a physical and mental wreck who suffers from hallucinations.

Speaking from her Romford, Essex, bungalow, two miles from Jo's home, Barbara said: "She should never have gone into the Big Brother house in the first place "

Friends say she only went because she needed cash to save her house. But she banked just £65,000, not enough to prevent the repossession of her home.

Jo, branded a bully alongside Jade Goody and Danielle Lloyd, cancelled a comeback gig in South Wales on Friday.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
iloveais
Posted 25/2/2007 09:57 (#5502 - in reply to #5486)
Subject: RE: Jo in Suicide bid

Poor old Jo more feel sorry for me PR
friskypants
Posted 25/2/2007 10:46 (#5510 - in reply to #5486)
Subject: Re: Jo in Suicide bid

To be honest I am not sure I believe that is true. The News of the World are not known for their accuracy.
Stephanie
Posted 25/2/2007 11:39 (#5533 - in reply to #5486)

It seems to me that Jo and Jade are suffering more then Danielle, i don't agree with the bullying they did on cbb, but if it's true that Jo tried to kill herself then that's sad. The saying what goe's around comes around did happen to them with the media, i just don't wish anything bad on anyone and hope Jo, Dani and Jade will change their ways

Edited by Stephanie 25/2/2007 11:44
bengos
Posted 25/2/2007 12:27 (#5539 - in reply to #5486)

Executive Member

Perhaps if Jo faced up to her appalling behaviour she might not be so reviled. Suicide is the cowards way out unless one is truly mentally ill (and I do not believe she is) and I have no sympathy, i'm afraid.
becki
Posted 25/2/2007 13:36 (#5546 - in reply to #5533)

Executive Member

Stephanie - 25/2/2007 11:39

It seems to me that Jo and Jade are suffering more then Danielle, i don't agree with the bullying they did on cbb, but if it's true that Jo tried to kill herself then that's sad. The saying what goe's around comes around did happen to them with the media, i just don't wish anything bad on anyone and hope Jo, Dani and Jade will change their ways

I agree with you.
I feel sorry for Jo, i know she was horrible in CBB, but nobody deserves this. Danielle seems to have got off really lightly, compared to Jade and Jo. xxxx
remaha
Posted 25/2/2007 13:51 (#5550 - in reply to #5486)

Executive Member

If this is true, Jo's mum has no business talking to the press, least of all the NoTW. Can't anybody just say "no comment" these days?

If the story is not true, it is the ultimate low in misguided sympathy seeking PR.

Perhaps if we had a national collection to save her house, Jo would just get on with her life quietly and carry on breeding dogs. I wouldn't particularly mind Heat magazine paying her to do a proper apology without all the "ifs" and "buts"!

bengos
Posted 25/2/2007 14:33 (#5554 - in reply to #5486)

Executive Member

She could always sell her house and buy a nice flat somewhere. She banked £65000 from BB - that's more than most people earn in 3 years.

I don't know why people are feeling sorry for her. What pain and hardship has she endured exactly?
remaha
Posted 25/2/2007 14:53 (#5556 - in reply to #5554)

Executive Member

bengos - 25/2/2007 14:33 She could always sell her house and buy a nice flat somewhere. She banked £65000 from BB - that's more than most people earn in 3 years. I don't know why people are feeling sorry for her. What pain and hardship has she endured exactly?

During the show, she let it be known that she would be happy to sink back into obscurity, presumably after securing her house and her financial future. I don't think she would ever have done the show if she hadn't needed the money. So I'm guessing that all her worst nightmares have come true and that, to cap it all, she has made it extremely difficult for herself to make a comeback in her former career.

To summarise, she is feeling extremely sorry for herself.

Julian
Posted 25/2/2007 17:45 (#5592 - in reply to #5554)

Executive Member

bengos - 25/2/2007 14:33
I don't know why people are feeling sorry for her. What pain and hardship has she endured exactly?

I would say that feeling that you can't go out in public without fear of abuse and death threats is hardship. Having a friend die of a heart attack because of the stress that your decisions caused is pain enough. Having your own family accuse you of racism when you know you're nothing of the kind, seems to me to be extremely painful.

As I understand it, she's been suicidal before when she was younger. Many people who contemplate suicide think the whole world is against them but in Jo's case it doesn't seem that far from the truth

As far as I'm concerned, the only thing Jo is guilty of is that she was a bit grumpy and she didn't like Shilpa. I don't agree with her but I don't believe it was racially motivated and I don't think she was being a bully either. I think what's happened to Jo is a tragic, media-fuelled example of mob mentality.

Maybe I'm naive but I have every sympathy for her...

Regards

Julian
Saj
Posted 25/2/2007 18:22 (#5606 - in reply to #5592)

Jo disappointed me in the big brother house and I will no longer feel the same way about her (I really liked her before the house). However, she should be allowed to get on with her life, nobody should be driven to try and end their life because of a tv show.

She has paid the price of her big mistakes in the house and she will never forget them. thats punishment enough

Edited by Saj 25/2/2007 18:26
bengos
Posted 25/2/2007 18:36 (#5609 - in reply to #5486)

Executive Member

Interesting replies, Julian and Saj.

There's been no evidence that she's had any death threats or abuse when she goes out (as far as I know). I haven't seen any evidence that she's been driven to anything, either. She's been left well alone from what I can see - the only time i've seen her in the papers or on TV is when she wants some PR.

She behaved badly, she got found out, and she refused to apologise. If saying that Indian people are all thin because they vomit up their undercooked food isn't racist then i'd hate to think what is. If she's been suicidal in the past then signing up to BB probably is not a good idea - signing up to rehab would be a better option.

She needs to try and live in a sink estate and work for £5 an hour in squalor before she can claim "my life is hell". £65k reward for sitting in a house for 3 weeks? Thousands of people have their house repossessed every week in the UK and I don't see any of them having the opportunity to go on BB or get huge payouts from newspapers every week to ease their debt. She should count herself lucky.
Julian
Posted 25/2/2007 22:48 (#5643 - in reply to #5609)

Executive Member

bengos - 25/2/2007 18:36

Interesting replies, Julian and Saj.

There's been no evidence that she's had any death threats or abuse when she goes out (as far as I know). I haven't seen any evidence that she's been driven to anything, either. She's been left well alone from what I can see - the only time i've seen her in the papers or on TV is when she wants some PR.

Why would we see evidence of death threats? She said she'd had them, the press have reported she has had them and I don't see any reason to doubt it. She's hardly going to be selling copies of the letters/e-mails to the press!

Jade and Danielle have also talked of death threats and I don't see anyone questioning the veracity of those claims either.

By all accounts she's locked herself up in her house, is too afraid to come out and has lost stones in weight because she's too distraught to eat. I'm sorry but I don't buy that it's all for PR.

As for the Indian's being thin comment that was completely innocent when taken in context. It was simply a joke at Shilpa's expense. It certainly wasn't intended to be taken literally. It may have been in poor taste but it wasn't racist. The only thing it showed about her preconceptions of Indians as a race is that, in general, they don't suffer from the same sort of obesity problems that people in the UK and the States do. "Thin" to Jo was not a negative - she's not exactly a size zero herself

I also completely reject the idea that you have to live in squalor before your life can be hell. Money is not the solution to the world's ills. Many of the richest people are also the unhappiest and some of the poorest can live happy and contented lives. Just because someone has money doesn't mean they can't have bad things happen to them and it certainly doesn't mean they don't deserve sympathy.

I hope we're not going to start losing all sympathy for Aisleyne now that she's off the bread-line! I really don't see the money angle as an argument at all.

Just my opinion...

Regards

Julian
joe
Posted 25/2/2007 22:54 (#5644 - in reply to #5486)

Aww i feel really sorry for Jo, i didnt agree with her in BB but this is awful for anyone, imagine what her family are going through
bengos
Posted 25/2/2007 23:02 (#5647 - in reply to #5486)

Executive Member

I agree with your sentiments, Julian, and they are most honourable. My point is that whenever Jo has a moan it's always about her bloomin house! I appreciate depression can affect the wealthy as much as the poor, but the poor don't have £20k newspaper articles to fall back on. They work hard, get help, and don't publicly whinge about it.

As for the death threats, well no-one has been charged, arrested, or anything (or else it would have been in the news) and Danielle and Jade aren't fearful of leaving the house. And if Jo can't leave the house, how is she being abused when she goes out?

I admire your sympathy, Julian, but I believe very little of what is being reported.

maringo
Posted 26/2/2007 04:27 (#5659 - in reply to #5643)

Julian - 25/2/2007 22:48

I hope we're not going to start losing all sympathy for Aisleyne now that she's off the bread-line!

And now she's talking about wanting to be a millionaire on her radio show! I've gone right off her now.
bunniesfrightenme
Posted 26/2/2007 23:24 (#5714 - in reply to #5486)

I feel sorry for Jo. Apparently theres an exclusive interview with her in Heat magazine out Tuesday, I will pick that up

Have to say Im shocked Danielle has been all over the magazine this week regarding her Teddy relationship - not a Big Brother mention. Jo is suicidal ... Danielle is doin photoshoots and interviews as normal.
emptybox
Posted 27/2/2007 00:36 (#5724 - in reply to #5486)

But I think Jo was a troubled soul before she went on BB.
remaha
Posted 27/2/2007 00:38 (#5725 - in reply to #5550)

Executive Member

remaha - 25/2/2007 13:51

If this is true, Jo's mum has no business talking to the press, least of all the NoTW. Can't anybody just say "no comment" these days?

If the story is not true, it is the ultimate low in misguided sympathy seeking PR.

Perhaps if we had a national collection to save her house, Jo would just get on with her life quietly and carry on breeding dogs. I wouldn't particularly mind Heat magazine paying her to do a proper apology without all the "ifs" and "buts"!

Never thought my wish would come true that quickly! Hope Heat magazine are paying her enough to save the house.

bunniesfrightenme
Posted 28/2/2007 14:03 (#5834 - in reply to #5486)

I dont see why Jo should donate her money to charity. She needs the money bless her. Jade is supposedly worth £8m she should definately be donatin loads!
Julian
Posted 28/2/2007 22:50 (#5866 - in reply to #5724)

Executive Member

emptybox - 27/2/2007 00:36

But I think Jo was a troubled soul before she went on BB.

According to the Heat interview the psychologist who saw her before the show is also seeing her now and reckons if he'd had longer with her before the show he would never have allowed her in. He only had about ten minutes apparently

Regards

Julian
becki
Posted 1/3/2007 23:23 (#6094 - in reply to #5714)

Executive Member

bunniesfrightenme - 26/2/2007 23:24

I feel sorry for Jo. Apparently theres an exclusive interview with her in Heat magazine out Tuesday, I will pick that up

Have to say Im shocked Danielle has been all over the magazine this week regarding her Teddy relationship - not a Big Brother mention. Jo is suicidal ... Danielle is doin photoshoots and interviews as normal.

Danielle has got away with so much. I think she made the worst comments, yet Jade and Jo seem to be having such a hard time, whilst shes out partying.
Saj
Posted 1/3/2007 23:25 (#6096 - in reply to #6094)

becki - 1/3/2007 23:23

Danielle has got away with so much. I think she made the worst comments, yet Jade and Jo seem to be having such a hard time, whilst shes out partying.

I agree. she actually stirred it all.
becki
Posted 1/3/2007 23:31 (#6100 - in reply to #6096)

Executive Member

Saj - 1/3/2007 23:25

becki - 1/3/2007 23:23

I agree. she actually stirred it all.

Exactly!! It isnt really fair on Jade and Jo. xxxx
ladyash
Posted 2/3/2007 08:28 (#6114 - in reply to #6100)

Senate Member

i tell you whats not fair keiton knight rip angel ....jo needs to get over her self
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread