You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Forum

oooooo noooooo
Moderators: Admin, Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General -> Big Brother & OthersMessage format

ladyash
Posted 24/2/2007 20:30 (#5407)
Subject: oooooo noooooo

Senate Member

its were i live
BOLLYWOOD actress Shilpa Shetty who shot to world-wide fame over the Big Brother race row could star in a Yorkshire-based film.
The 31-year-old's first film since she left the Channel 4 reality show could be a title by Yorkshire production company, Talking Lense.
Allegations of racism and bullying against Shetty in Big Brother led to hundreds of complaints and sparked outcry in India.
Since winning the show, there has been talk of lucrative movie offers and the Yorkshire Post can reveal her publicist Max Clifford is currently in talks with Yorkshire director Razza Mallal for the film – Quick Slip me a Bride.
The movie, which will be shown at film festivals, including Cannes, will be shot at prominent locations in the region including Ilkley Moors, the North York Moors and the Mumtaz Restaurant in Bradford as well as a church in Wakefield and streets in Huddersfield and Batley.
The story follows the son of a Catholic priest who must marry within 30 days or become a priest, as his father wishes. In a bid to avoid priesthood the youngster decides to have an arranged marriage and meets a disgraced Bollywood dancer who has arrived from India.
The movie will be launched at the International Indian Film Academy awards in June, which will see scores of Bollywood stars descend on the region. Other Bollywood A-list celebrities starring in the film include Anupam Kher and Goodness Gracious Me actor Kulvinder Ghir.
Screen Yorkshire has been inundated with inquiries from Indian film-makers following the IIFA announcement.
Yorkshire-born Mr Mallal chose to shoot the film in Yorkshire instead of South Africa because of the rich locations and to pump
investment back in to the region.
Indian film directors have also been exploring the region's scenic hot-spots. Sheffield-born location scout Kayleigh Cruickshank, 21, has been the guide of Indian production company Image Creators, to landmarks such as the Yorkshire Sculpture Park, Wakefield, Harewood House, Leeds and Castle Howard, York, and the Yorkshire Dales. A shortlist of locations will be drawn up for the filming of Aa Lautke Aaja Mere Meeth throughout May, which includes many Bollywood dance scenes.
Former footballer turned actor Stephen Nicholas, 28, has also started working on a Bollywood film, Goal.
The Sheffield actor made his debut in the David Beckham film Goal! and will work alongside Bollywood star John Abraham, who plays an Indian footballer.
He dreams of playing for Chelsea and joins Bradford City en route, where he comes up against Mr Nicholas, playing a racist striker.
nishika.patel@ypn.co.uk
Last Updated: 23 February 2007
Top of the page Bottom of the page
emptybox
Posted 25/2/2007 00:35 (#5438 - in reply to #5407)
Subject: RE: oooooo noooooo

I presume Shilpa will be the disgraced dancer.

Wonder if she'll sing 'On Ilkley Moor Baht 'at' ?

Sorry! Very poor joke, I know.

Edited by emptybox 25/2/2007 00:36
ofni
Posted 25/2/2007 00:44 (#5443 - in reply to #5407)
Subject: Re: oooooo noooooo

During CBB5 she had a pretty fair stab at Danielle's scouse ("I'm disgustid wid meself" ) so I reckon she could manage quite a mean "ee ba gum" if she set her mind to it.

Empty, how do you think she'd manage "Therr's mony a mickle mak's a muckle"?

Edited by ofni 25/2/2007 00:45
emptybox
Posted 25/2/2007 01:08 (#5451 - in reply to #5407)
Subject: RE: oooooo noooooo

You'd have to hum that one for me ofni, but never a truer word was spoken.

I'd rather try her out on a bit of Burns.

Wee, sleekit, cowrin, tim'rous beastie,
O, what a panic's in thy breastie!
Thou need na start awa sae hasty
Wi' bickering brattle!
I wad be laith to rin an' chase thee,
Wi' murdering pattle!

etc etc

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum