You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Forum

The TECHNICAL Help thread.
Moderators: Admin, Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General -> Chill OutMessage format

Odm
Posted 16/2/2007 15:37 (#4161)
Subject: The TECHNICAL Help thread.

Hi Everyone. Thought we needed a TECHNICAL PAGE a sort of 'HOW TO' do things information thread. Lots of people ask about Computers, Computer Graphics, New Window Programmes and Myspace and how to deal with setting one up. Posting images etc..

This thread is here ONLY to discuss and help one another how to do things. If you have good information to offer..please put it here as you really would be surprised how many people need help to do things and just give up or dont bother despite wanting to learn.

I will leave a couple of things here for Myspace.

This first link is from our staff member Emptybox who gave it to me when I wanted a background for my SPACE page.

http://backgroundsarchive.com/

Also after that, Imtoosexy who is added to my page appears to have a great link on her myspace which is so much fun..it has advanced layouts and lots of images and lovely messages all ready to copy and paste..I love it. You can do so much from this link.

http://www.yourcoolprofile.com/

If there is anything you need to know, whether it is troubleshooting, or just helpful advice please use this thread and anything helpful you can paste all is appreciated to help each other.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Stephanie
Posted 16/2/2007 16:14 (#4164 - in reply to #4161)
Subject: Re: The TECHNICAL Help thread.

Thanks Odm, eventhough I spend most of my time on computers I never quite know how to do some things. Cheers
Odm
Posted 16/2/2007 17:15 (#4172 - in reply to #4164)

If there is anything anybody needs to know PLEASE put the question on this thread. Im sure if you come back and check someone will have placed the answer.
Odm
Posted 16/2/2007 17:38 (#4176 - in reply to #4172)

http://tutorials.photobucket.com/#6

Here is useful information to PHOTOBUCKET. If you want to know anything about photobucket that you dont understand here, just leave your question.

To get a photobucket account just type photobucket in GOOGLE. You register details there. You can upload 1000 images free. If you have more than one email address you can then get another 1000 free...so dont really need to get into paying for pro levels or anything.

If you use Photobucket images on here.. you have three codes when the picture is uploaded. An URL.. a HTML code...and an IMG code.

You can use copy and paste the URL into the little green tree symbol at the top of the reply box when using Rich Text Editor...or you can use Basic Editor and copy and paste the HTML code straight into the reply box.

IMG tags do not work with this forum.

bengos
Posted 16/2/2007 20:42 (#4191 - in reply to #4161)

Executive Member

Great thread idea, Odm - very useful.

OK, I have a question.

How does one, using photoshop, blend/blur 2 photos together so that, for example, I could have a montage of Aisleyne photos where you can't see an awkward join between images?
ladyash
Posted 16/2/2007 21:02 (#4192 - in reply to #4191)

Senate Member

in ok on here its when i go on to love aisleyne web site i have to log in all the time and when i do it just says welcome guest
Odm
Posted 18/2/2007 18:55 (#4357 - in reply to #4192)

Imtoosexy might be able to answer the question about merging images as might Secrethousemate...hopefully they will come on line and read this...or if anyone else knows the answers to the question please do share your knowledge.

Whenever I have signed into Love Aisleyne I get the same problem with the 'welcome guest' perhaps someone would like to throw light on that one too?
emptybox
Posted 18/2/2007 19:27 (#4359 - in reply to #4161)
Subject: RE: The TECHNICAL Help thread.

I sometimes get a problem with TA if I refresh a page, I get kicked out and have to log on again.
Don't know why that is, but only seems to happen when I access the forum through the page which allows you to choose between the Talk Aisleyne and Love Aisleyne?

If you avoid refreshing the page, and use the site's own navigation buttons, it avoids the problem.

Of course this may have nothing to do with the problem others are finding.
emptybox
Posted 18/2/2007 19:33 (#4361 - in reply to #4161)
Subject: RE: The TECHNICAL Help thread.

Unfortunately I don't have Photoshop so can't advise on that.

I only use simple image editors to knock up pictures. I crop out images, giving them a fuzzy edge so they blend in better. I like a program called 'Photoimpression' which came free with my Epson scanner.

I think you can use more sophisticated alpha-blending techniques on the more professional editors, but they cost money.
Odm
Posted 18/2/2007 20:46 (#4368 - in reply to #4161)

VOODOOCHILD would very much like a BANNER made. If Imtoosexy reads this thread perhaps she might come to the rescue?

Thanks Sxxxx
premierscfc
Posted 18/2/2007 21:01 (#4370 - in reply to #4191)

bengos - 16/2/2007 20:42

Great thread idea, Odm - very useful.

OK, I have a question.

How does one, using photoshop, blend/blur 2 photos together so that, for example, I could have a montage of Aisleyne photos where you can't see an awkward join between images?

How long is a piece of string. There is not a right or wrong way of doing this. The choice of images that you are working with will decide what tools you work with. It will be difficult to blend an image taken at midnight with one taken in bright sunlight whatever tools you use. The tools to use would probably differ from one project to another depending on what the image is. Once a selection has been made I normally feather the selection by a few pixels (depending on the resolution) so that there is no harsh edge to the selection.
bengos
Posted 18/2/2007 23:32 (#4384 - in reply to #4370)

Executive Member

How long is a piece of string. There is not a right or wrong way of doing this. The choice of images that you are working with will decide what tools you work with. It will be difficult to blend an image taken at midnight with one taken in bright sunlight whatever tools you use. The tools to use would probably differ from one project to another depending on what the image is. Once a selection has been made I normally feather the selection by a few pixels (depending on the resolution) so that there is no harsh edge to the selection.

Thanks premier (always to my rescue). I'm not very good with photoshop so didn't even know that "feather" was the tool I needed, so thanks!
Odm
Posted 30/3/2007 20:33 (#9497 - in reply to #4161)

BUMPED UP FOR KOWALSKI
carrickmac
Posted 31/3/2007 00:22 (#9513 - in reply to #9497)

Free download-edit and enhance photos
http://photofiltre.free.fr/download_en.htm
carrickmac
Posted 31/3/2007 02:12 (#9520 - in reply to #9513)

I find this sight is good for looking up for technical problems
http://computer.howstuffworks.com/
carrickmac
Posted 2/4/2007 00:43 (#9683 - in reply to #9520)

Make a music playlist for your Myspace (up to 75 tracks)
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
http://www.projectplaylist.com/user/login?destination=playlist%2Fad...
Odm
Posted 2/4/2007 22:55 (#9723 - in reply to #9683)

These links are Brilliant...thank you SO MUCH Mal..I know they will come in useful...
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread