You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Forum

What's the reason for your username?
Moderators: Admin, Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General -> Chill OutMessage format

kowalski
Posted 10/2/2007 00:29 (#3138)
Subject: What's the reason for your username?

Senate Member

I see some unusual usernames and I often wonder if there's a story or a reason for how people came up with them .

My name "kowalski" is taken from one of very favorite films : "Vanishing Point" 1971, starring Barry Newman , it was the name of the main character.
Plus I just like the name , it is kinda cool IMO .

Not a very interesting reason but at least now you know.

So what about the rest of you , how did you come up with your username?

k

Edited by kowalski 10/2/2007 00:32
Top of the page Bottom of the page
bengos
Posted 10/2/2007 00:49 (#3139 - in reply to #3138)
Subject: Re: What's the reason for your username?

Executive Member

I have an even less exciting reason. I just made up a word!
emptybox
Posted 10/2/2007 00:49 (#3140 - in reply to #3138)
Subject: RE: What's the reason for your username?

I thought mine sounded enigmatic and self-depreciating, and I just kinda liked the sound of it.

Don't think Ash likes it very much, but at least I've got a mention on both her radio shows.
maringo
Posted 10/2/2007 01:27 (#3146 - in reply to #3138)

My name is taken from the name of a hypnotist who appeared in one episode of the kids TV show, Press Gang. I had just watched the episode on DVD, so it came into my head when I had to come up with a username.

http://www.mjnewton.demon.co.uk/tv/pgang3.htm

So if my posts send you sleep, now you know why.

friskypants
Posted 10/2/2007 01:31 (#3147 - in reply to #3138)

I was known as Mr Frisky on the Digital Spy BB forum during BB6 and part of BB7.

I am named after the name on a cat collar found by Blackadder in Blackadder III in the episode where he was about to be made a lord and he found his ermine coat was in fact made from cat fur.

I am ashamed to say that I pretended on DS I was named after a randy terrier a friend owned. I also pretended I was a retired lavatory attendant from Hartlepool. Executive washrooms mind! Only the best bogs to clean for Mr Frisky...

I then joined this forum and decided to keep the old name but somewhat mutated.

Just to clear things up I am female.

Edited by friskypants 10/2/2007 01:32
Odm
Posted 10/2/2007 06:08 (#3155 - in reply to #3147)

Odm stands for Ohdearieme! I posted quite a lot on BBGEN but mostly on the housemates forums and exclusively Aisleyne once the bullying battle was in full throttle..

My name has shown me up more than once when I stuck my foot in it, so I would have the odd quip from a bright spark or two who would point out that I was living up to my namesake..  The real reason was watcihng two days of Lea and knowing if I dont post I will bust a gut...as everything about her was Ohdearieme!  so there you have it...not very exciting either..

Julian
Posted 11/2/2007 01:12 (#3316 - in reply to #3155)

Executive Member

My username was down to a serious lack of imagination when I first joined the C4 forum during BB3

Up until then I'd always used the username Thrombin but then all of my previous forums had been related to Dungeons & Dragons and Thrombin was the name of my Dwarf character.

I wasn't sure if people used made up forum names for the C4 forum so I just decided to go with my name. For ease of recognition I've gone with the same username for all the reality TV forums I frequent but I still use Thrombin for the others (including ebay).

The reason for the name Julian was because my Dad plays classical guitar and used to like a guitarist named Julian Breme. So I was named after him

Regards

Julian
bengos
Posted 11/2/2007 01:15 (#3317 - in reply to #3146)

Executive Member

maringo - 10/2/2007 01:27
My name is taken from the name of a hypnotist who appeared in one episode of the kids TV show, Press Gang. I had just watched the episode on DVD, so it came into my head when I had to come up with a username.

I LOVE Press Gang. I fear we are showing our age, Maringo.
maringo
Posted 11/2/2007 04:02 (#3332 - in reply to #3317)

bengos - 11/2/2007 01:15
maringo - 10/2/2007 01:27 My name is taken from the name of a hypnotist who appeared in one episode of the kids TV show, Press Gang. I had just watched the episode on DVD, so it came into my head when I had to come up with a username. http://www.mjnewton.demon.co.uk/tv/pgang3.htm So if my posts send you sleep, now you know why.
I LOVE Press Gang. I fear we are showing our age, Maringo.

It's not that old a programme!

Anyway, it's good to see someone with good taste in TV. The company who sells the DVDs have a sale on at the moment and Series 1-4 are very cheap...

http://www.networkdvd.co.uk/sale.php

premierscfc
Posted 11/2/2007 10:53 (#3351 - in reply to #3138)

premierscfc is a bit of a dream of mine. I support Stoke City FC and hope to see them play in the Premier League.
sophie
Posted 11/2/2007 13:39 (#3360 - in reply to #3351)

premierscfc - 11/2/2007 10:53 premierscfc is a bit of a dream of mine. I support Stoke City FC and hope to see them play in the Premier League.

i was wonderin bout dat de ova day.. n i fort stoke city fc bt wasnt sure bout premier..but i get it now and im sure they will b in the premiership soon

my name cums from......well its my name lol.. i used 2 ave it as" gaffo8" coz ma last name is gaffney and i dno lol n ma fave numba is 8.. and its even..odd numbas r bad luck!! lol

premierscfc
Posted 11/2/2007 14:31 (#3364 - in reply to #3360)

sophie - 11/2/2007 13:39

premierscfc - 11/2/2007 10:53 premierscfc is a bit of a dream of mine. I support Stoke City FC and hope to see them play in the Premier League.

i was wonderin bout dat de ova day.. n i fort stoke city fc bt wasnt sure bout premier..but i get it now and im sure they will b in the premiership soon

my name cums from......well its my name lol.. i used 2 ave it as" gaffo8" coz ma last name is gaffney and i dno lol n ma fave numba is 8.. and its even..odd numbas r bad luck!! lol

Somebody on DS accused me of being a glory hunter Chelsea fan and that premiers stood for winning the league the last 2 years

Mind you 2 people thought it was Stockport County
bengos
Posted 11/2/2007 14:50 (#3367 - in reply to #3332)

Executive Member

maringo - 11/2/2007 04:02

It's not that old a programme!

Anyway, it's good to see someone with good taste in TV. The company who sells the DVDs have a sale on at the moment and Series 1-4 are very cheap...

http://www.networkdvd.co.uk/sale.php

Already got them, but thanks for the link anyway. The commentarys with Julia are well worth listening too.
carrickmac
Posted 3/5/2007 02:46 (#13167 - in reply to #3367)

How did i get my user name?....well its a play on my real name
its funny all through my life ive never used the name Carrick
and i regret i started to use it as part of my user name becouse i dont like it ....the mac bit is short for macca which is short for Malcolm.
its a good job you dont know my full real name
deeb
Posted 3/5/2007 15:11 (#13242 - in reply to #13167)

Prepare for a huge YAWN ...

I put zero thought into it ... my initials, D.B.

I read it the same as you might - although 'deebee' was intended. It's short and forgettable so that if the character became unpopular, I wouldn't be too attached to it. Critics don't reply to me, they reply to 'him'.

It's the only BB forum name I've had but 2006 was my first full year of BB.

Not a forum person - I've done years of technical USENET newsgroup posting where people tend to use their real (or real-sounding) names.

WAKE UP !!

- Dave

maringo
Posted 3/5/2007 16:00 (#13252 - in reply to #3146)

maringo - 10/2/2007 01:27

BTW, I'm not the one who hypnotised Aisleyne last Thursday.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread