You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Forum

Grace The face of Uncle Bens Chinese new year promotion
Moderators: Admin, Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General -> Big Brother & OthersMessage format

mich007
Posted 8/2/2007 07:44 (#2814)
Subject: Grace The face of Uncle Bens Chinese new year promotion

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2001320029-2007060175,00.html

Some may think this is a triumph for Grace to be the face of uncle Ben's new year chinese promotion but personally I don't. I think the story in the sun is a bit of a joke. I honesty don't know her but to my knowledge she made no attempt to apologise to any of her x-housemates for her behaviour on BB7(please correct me if I am wrong) Last I heard was that Susie had to get her solicitor to write to her to stop spreading lies about her and of course she was a total b***h at the wrap party. Is everyone friends now did I miss something. Some of you may say that was then, but imo before you make someone a role model you have to look at their crudentials. How is it that all of a sudden she's the spokes person and mentor for people who might be in BB8. She is no role model IMO. Good if she makes a lot of money good luck to her I don't begrudge her at all for that, and it may lead to better things. However it seems a minute opportunity coming off the back of winning a reality show imo. I guess it is part of her trying to convince people she's changed, but I am not convinced. I was born at night but I wasn't born last night. On cirque she knew she had to win the public's support, the cameras were not on her 24/7. I am not bitter just slightly humoured about her trying to be a role model for future BB contestants. I am not saying people can't change but it will take a lot to believe that she has. No offence to those on here who like Grace it is just my opinion.

O by the way has Grace made her peace with Ash and Susie. The last thing I heard was that she is only in contact with Glyn Lisa and Mikey of course. Hmm it's a funny old world
Top of the page Bottom of the page
ofni
Posted 8/2/2007 09:26 (#2815 - in reply to #2814)
Subject: Re: Grace The face of Uncle Bens Chinese new year promotion

I won't be buying any Uncle Ben products any more then.
Saj
Posted 8/2/2007 10:16 (#2816 - in reply to #2814)

Ash doesn't want anything to do with her, Imogen doesn't judging by two recent interviews. I quote Imogen 'I don't need her in my life'. Susie doesn't. Infact Ash is in touch with more housemate than Grace is. Bad move by Uncle Bens, I mean why would you want someone that unpopular the face of you!!!

Edited by Saj 8/2/2007 10:18
dannyk
Posted 8/2/2007 13:03 (#2817 - in reply to #2814)

I disagree that she 'turned the situation around quite dramatically' as she says in that article. A minority of BB7 viewers will have watched CDC - I certainly didn't and I wouldn't have even known she was on it if it hadn't been discussed online. She'll still be remembered for her nastiness rather than her tightrope performances!
kowalski
Posted 8/2/2007 13:21 (#2818 - in reply to #2814)

Senate Member

"Ironically, given the bad times she had in the house, Grace is currently the face of an Uncle Ben's Chinese New Year promotion, encouraging people to ‘turn sour relationships sweet’. "

ronically this is the girl who rather than 'turning sour relationships sweet' she is proud to have assaulted susie, and was gleeful about NOT apologising .

Ironic indeed.

What next ? Will Jade become the face of 'Peace and Friendship' ?

utterly bizarre .

k

ofni
Posted 8/2/2007 13:25 (#2819 - in reply to #2814)

Bizarre indeed given the recent CBB5 racism furore, the ethnicity of "Uncle Ben" himself and certain remarks made during BB7.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2003230001-2006260143,00.html

http://showbiz.sky.com/showbiz/article/0,,50001-1223819,00.html
friskypants
Posted 8/2/2007 15:23 (#2833 - in reply to #2819)

Look, Uncle Ben's got Grace cheap as a 'face of the brand' because let's face she's going to be cheaper than other models isn't she?

I mean most decent models are usually 9 or 10 out of 10's aren't they (if we are going to be shallow about it). Getting a 6 out of 10 is going to cut costs and let them invest more in the product
kowalski
Posted 8/2/2007 22:32 (#3012 - in reply to #2814)

Senate Member

Is this the Chinese year of the Horse ?

k

Edited by kowalski 8/2/2007 22:33
Odm
Posted 8/2/2007 23:35 (#3025 - in reply to #2814)

No this year is the Chinese Year of the Boar...

So it suits Grace perfectly....per se, that she IS a bore and secondly she has the manners of one....(Whistle).
Interested Observer
Posted 8/2/2007 23:35 (#3026 - in reply to #3012)

kowalski - 8/2/2007 22:32 Is this the Chinese year of the Horse ? k

It's the year of the Pig. Maybe Uncle Ben was thinking of Grace's manners.

Interested Observer
Posted 8/2/2007 23:36 (#3028 - in reply to #3025)

Odm - 8/2/2007 23:35 No this year is the Chinese Year of the Boar... So it suits Grace perfectly....per se, that she IS a bore and secondly she has the manners of one....(Whistle).

Snap

Odm
Posted 8/2/2007 23:42 (#3030 - in reply to #3028)

Great minds think alike......mind you I think we can all agree that comparing Grace with a pig is,nt really very hard...
Oopps...I feel a deletion of my post is in the air......lol...sorry...sorry admin..love you xxx
ofni
Posted 9/2/2007 00:03 (#3040 - in reply to #3025)

Odm - 8/2/2007 23:35

No this year is the Chinese Year of the Boar...

So it suits Grace perfectly....per se, that she IS a bore and secondly she has the manners of one....(Whistle).

Reminds me of the old one....

I defended Grace the other day. Someone said she hadn't the manners of a pig.

And I said she did.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread