You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Forum

Jo on Tv Again.
Moderators: Admin, Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General -> Big Brother & OthersMessage format

Odm
Posted 4/2/2007 01:56 (#2335)
Subject: Jo on Tv Again.

Jo is on Sky  News doing an interview tomorrow...it repeats a lot so you wont miss it if you wanted to see this programme and listen to the latest with Jo. Word has it that she is still putting over a very depressed suicidal front but I imagine myself that she is desperate to save her face as much as possible and get some work together to ultimately save her house.

I just want to mention that if Jo's house is worth roughly 350k, surely she could sell that and pay off her debts of 34k and still have money over to buy a modest place to live....

I myself would look at things a whole sight more positively than Jo. sh** happens in life sometimes, but you have to deal with it and she is very very luck that people are still interviewing her.  I think she needs to get a bit of optimism together and look at what she can do to make her life better instead of hanging onto the deadwood.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Julian
Posted 4/2/2007 17:19 (#2389 - in reply to #2335)
Subject: RE: Jo on Tv Again.

Executive Member

The main reason she went onto BB was to save having to sell her house. Clearly she loves it and being displaced from your own home is not something I would wish on anyone.

Hopefully she'll be able to get enough cash from interviews to hold onto it. The fuss should die down after a while.

Regards

Julian
becki
Posted 4/2/2007 17:28 (#2393 - in reply to #2389)

Executive Member

Julian - 4/2/2007 17:19

The main reason she went onto BB was to save having to sell her house. Clearly she loves it and being displaced from your own home is not something I would wish on anyone.

Hopefully she'll be able to get enough cash from interviews to hold onto it. The fuss should die down after a while.

Regards

Julian

GMTV didnt pay her for their interview, i dont know if Sky did.
I feel sorry for Jo, i agree woth you, i hope she gets some momey together to save her house.
dannyk
Posted 4/2/2007 17:58 (#2398 - in reply to #2335)

She got paid for her Sunday Mirror interview. Like Becki, I'm not sure about Sky.
Odm
Posted 4/2/2007 19:13 (#2413 - in reply to #2335)
Subject: Re: Jo on Tv Again.

Ive seen some really sad things in my lifetime..I have seen real poverty, people with nothing and it has broken my heart when I have not been able to help them...I dont think Jo's life is over just because she cant save a house that is worth well over a quarter of a million pounds...!!! I must live in a completely different world to everyone else ..I would sell that house, cover my debts and think myself lucky that I was even able to do that....

....tut...
Julian
Posted 4/2/2007 23:41 (#2447 - in reply to #2413)

Executive Member

Jo's troubles were not limited to the house. If you can't go out in public for fear of Death Threats and abuse I would say even the poorest person is better off. Would you rather be poor with a loving supportive family or comfortable with a family who turn against you when you're at your lowest point? Would you not rather be poor than have someone you know die because of something you've done? Would you not prefer to be poor than have the entire country consider you a national hate figure?

I think she's perfectly entitled to be distraught at her current situation and I don't think anything she has done justifies it at all.

Regards

Julian
Odm
Posted 5/2/2007 00:10 (#2450 - in reply to #2447)

Well I do Julian. Sorry about that. Realistically speaking NOBODY has to put themselves in that situation in the first place. Jo made a choice and in my view Jo is a grown up responsible adult and as such she is capable of deciding what is to her good. If you put yourself in a position to be singled out then behave badly in front of the entire nation, you have to be accountable for your actions. I watched Jo in the house behaving quite badly. I am not judging her whatsoever..what she said and did was her choice, but if she had not upset people they would not be picking on her publically. I think some people are just to ready to believe in media hype I really do. Jo herself admits to wasting money left right and centre... ...talk to me about a good cause..as this one definately is not.

I really dont understand why Jo is not grateful that she has a property in the first place...I think people are far too pampered these days. ( Some people cant even get a council house!!!)

Edited by Odm 5/2/2007 00:25
Julian
Posted 5/2/2007 01:07 (#2458 - in reply to #2450)

Executive Member

Odm - 5/2/2007 00:10
I really dont understand why Jo is not grateful that she has a property in the first place...I think people are far too pampered these days. ( Some people cant even get a council house!!!)

You're entitled to your view but in my view it's a bit harsh.

Everything's relative. I would not be happy if I was in so much debt I was in danger of losing my house regardless of whether it's a council house or not. The fact that others might be worse off than ourselves is not a realistic reason to expect people to not care about losing their house or having death threats or having their family turn against them.

There's always someone worse off than you. Are the people who live in run down council houses not allowed to complain because others are living on the street? Are people living on the street not allowed to complain because they're not as bad off as the starving in Africa?

Also, £350K in London is not that special. My three bedroom semi is probably about £300K at the moment and it's nothing special at all

I don't think the argument that she should have known what to expect holds water either. I don't think it is at all realistic for Jo to have expected such an extreme reaction to her given that there has been much worse behaviour on several BB's and CBB's prior to this one! The reaction has been quite unprecedented and, IMO, quite out of proportion with anything that actually happened. It's not like she went on there to boost her career or exposure. She just did it to save her house which is a pretty good reason, if you ask me.

I'm happy for Jo to be accountable for her actions but, as far as I'm concerned, what she has suffered is not propotionate to those actions.

Regards

Julian
Odm
Posted 5/2/2007 01:26 (#2459 - in reply to #2458)

Jo is a very lucky young girl to have had opportunities. Showbizz is a very tricky and unpredictable minefield. It can have its good times and bad. Jo knew that and hopped aboard for good or other. Rather than to argue needlessly over differences of opinions, I will just say that we have our choices. If you choose to live your life in the public then you will be judged by the public. That is fact.  I would never wish anyone any hard luck and I certainly do not wish it for Jo. Like I said, I dont judge her. What I am saying is ,it is,nt the end of the world if she has to sell her house, scroll up , that is what I said. She can then clear up her debts and then get something else a little more modest. Or, she could rent somewhere like a lot of the population do. Why should anyone pay special attention to Jo losing her house when she has squandered hundreds and hundreds of pounds? and has got herself into a very considerable amount of debt. She must have known she was not handling her money properly?  Most news reports are often wrong but if it is true that Jo earns in the regions of 90,000 per year I really cannot see that she cannot survive.

For me this discussion is over.

Edited by Odm 5/2/2007 03:54
Julian
Posted 5/2/2007 20:04 (#2536 - in reply to #2459)

Executive Member

Odm - 5/2/2007 01:26
Why should anyone pay special attention to Jo losing her house when she has squandered hundreds and hundreds of pounds? and has got herself into a very considerable amount of debt. She must have known she was not handling her money properly?  Most news reports are often wrong but if it is true that Jo earns in the regions of 90,000 per year I really cannot see that she cannot survive.

For me this discussion is over.

Hey, no fair bringing up an entirely new argument and then ending the discussion

I'd be very surprised if she earned £90K a year given that all she does is breed dogs these days but, even if she did, the money and the house were the least of her worries as I pointed out in an earlier post. Money is not a panacea of all ills and if I had to deal with death threats, hate mail, virtual imprisonment in my own home for fear of going out, my family turning against me and the death of a friend on my conscience the amount of money I earn would not make me feel the least bit better about the situation. Plus if she does have a gambling problem that's just another reason to have sympathy for her. Gambling addiction is a psychological disorder not a choice.

Sure, it's good to be optimistic and look at the positives but I wouldn't swap places with Jo at this point for twice what she's reputed to earn.

Maybe if it was three times

Regards

Julian
Sadie-Mae
Posted 5/2/2007 21:15 (#2541 - in reply to #2536)

The death threats are all wrong (though I wonder if perhaps a little exaggerated?) That apart, I have little sympathy for Jo. When she was in a position of feeling herself powerful, she behaved appallingly. And no-one has a right to a highly-paid media career. If she has to sell her house and get a smaller one, that's real life. Maybe (should I whisper it?) she could get a proper job, like the rest of us.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread