You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Forum

BBC1's Sunday Morning Live - 22nd August
Moderators: Admin, Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Aisleyne -> Aisleyne's Film, TV & Radio WorkMessage format

emptybox
Posted 21/8/2010 16:12 (#36251)
Subject: BBC1's Sunday Morning Live - 22nd August

Aisleyne will be taking part, via webcam, in a discussion about celebrity culture, on the BBC1 programme 'Sunday Morning Live', tomorrow at 10am.

The debate is likely to include X-Factor, and the last ever series of Big Brother on CH4.

The show runs from 10am - 11am, but Aisleyne's bit is likely to be in the first half.

Time and date again.
BBC1 Sunday 22nd August 10am.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
ofni
Posted 21/8/2010 16:45 (#36252 - in reply to #36251)
Subject: Re: BBC1's Sunday Morning Live - 22nd August

Always good to see Aisleyne on TV!

More info about the programme and how to join in the debates here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00sy9fl
bradley27
Posted 21/8/2010 18:27 (#36254 - in reply to #36251)

Senate Member

I'll be watching and hopefully they wont be using her to make a cheap point about celebrity.

Good luck Ash
boldjohn
Posted 21/8/2010 18:53 (#36257 - in reply to #36251)
Subject: RE: BBC1's Sunday Morning Live - 22nd August

Executive Member

emptybox - 21/8/2010 16:12

Aisleyne will be taking part, via webcam, in a discussion about celebrity culture, on the BBC1 programme 'Sunday Morning Live', tomorrow at 10am.

The debate is likely to include X-Factor, and the last ever series of Big Brother on CH4.

The show runs from 10am - 11am, but Aisleyne's bit is likely to be in the first half.

Time and date again.

I'm up for some Sunday morning worship.
secrethousemate
Posted 22/8/2010 10:44 (#36263 - in reply to #36257)

boldjohn - 21/8/2010 18:53

Time and date again.

Aisleyne's been on. The webcam technology seemed to work fine. In the studio were three guests. Two women I've no idea about and one of my biggest musical heroes HUGH CORNWELL! I actually own his autobiography as well as Aisleyne's. Hugh made some good points about celebrity culture, making a distinction between 'talent' shows and shows like Big Brother (though I wonder how much 'talent' you need to get on something like X Factor, Hugh: Jedward anyone?)

Ash came across very positively and made the point about her success after BB and giving something back as well as taking, mentioning her work for Brain Tumour UK and No Smoking Day. She also talked about how people love watching EastEnders - a point she wasn't able to expand on as it is in many ways a similar slice of everyday life, albeit in scripted form, to the daily goings on in Big Brother.

There were also other web cam callers who suggested the studio guests were 'condescending' at times with their attitude, which was true of some of them.

Hugh later wondered how Ash had been selected to appear on the show, as she has done well out of it while some others have struggled with coping after their brush with fame.

I don't think the segment was quite long enough to cover everything in this big topic, but it was quite constructive.

emptybox
Posted 22/8/2010 14:13 (#36267 - in reply to #36251)

Yes Aisleyne came over very well, and was able to get her views across.
I think that's why they choose her for these sort of things?
boldjohn
Posted 22/8/2010 14:59 (#36269 - in reply to #36263)

Executive Member

secrethousemate - 22/8/2010 10:44

boldjohn - 21/8/2010 18:53

Time and date again.

Aisleyne's been on. The webcam technology seemed to work fine. In the studio were three guests. Two women I've no idea about and one of my biggest musical heroes HUGH CORNWELL! I actually own his autobiography as well as Aisleyne's. Hugh made some good points about celebrity culture, making a distinction between 'talent' shows and shows like Big Brother (though I wonder how much 'talent' you need to get on something like X Factor, Hugh: Jedward anyone?)

Ash came across very positively and made the point about her success after BB and giving something back as well as taking, mentioning her work for Brain Tumour UK and No Smoking Day. She also talked about how people love watching EastEnders - a point she wasn't able to expand on as it is in many ways a similar slice of everyday life, albeit in scripted form, to the daily goings on in Big Brother.

There were also other web cam callers who suggested the studio guests were 'condescending' at times with their attitude, which was true of some of them.

Hugh later wondered how Ash had been selected to appear on the show, as she has done well out of it while some others have struggled with coping after their brush with fame.

I don't think the segment was quite long enough to cover everything in this big topic, but it was quite constructive.

Ash was excellent as always. What a fascinating programme, even if tthe subject matter was a little bit too broad to be resolved in such a limited amount of time.
Julian
Posted 22/8/2010 20:04 (#36271 - in reply to #36269)

Executive Member

Ash did very well

It always annoys me when people say that reality TV stars don't deserve fame because they are talentless.

There are plenty of indisputably talented people - sportsman, actors, musicians - who are incredibly awful people. Some cheat on their partners, some treat other people like dirt, some can be bigoted or conceited, some even get tried for murder...

People who become celebrated from reality shows do so because the majority of the people watching believe they embody personal characteristics worthy of celebration and, although there is a vocal minority who adore the entertaining housemates who cause arguments and distress, the winners are invariably people who the majority believe are down-to-earth, considerate, compassionate, warm-hearted people.

To me, that's what's important. Not how 'talented' people are but the kind of people they are. That's what Big Brother celebrates and I think the people who turn their noses up at that need to rethink their priorities.

Regards

Julian

Edited by Julian 22/8/2010 20:06
emptybox
Posted 22/8/2010 20:08 (#36272 - in reply to #36251)

For anyone that missed it, this episode is now on BBC iPlayer, on the link that ofni posted in post 2.

Or here's a direct link to the episode.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00tl4g5/Sunday_Morning_Live_Episode_7/
ofni
Posted 22/8/2010 22:30 (#36273 - in reply to #36251)

Impressive or what?

Outnumbered, out of the studio stuck on a webcam, having to try to "defend the indefensible". But once again she showed that she can speak in a cool and coherent manner whatever situation she is in.

Well done Aisleyne.

boldjohn
Posted 23/8/2010 01:15 (#36276 - in reply to #36273)

Executive Member

ofni - 22/8/2010 22:30

Impressive or what?

Outnumbered, out of the studio stuck on a webcam, having to try to "defend the indefensible". But once again she showed that she can speak in a cool and coherent manner whatever situation she is in.

Well done Aisleyne.

She kept to her usual standpoint that a lot of housemates in later years just go in for the fame. She argued her own case well, saying rather than enjoying fame without talent or effort, she has had too work hard and contribute something in her charity work. I'm glad that she spoke for herself, rather than generalise about all housemates.
Julian
Posted 23/8/2010 09:56 (#36280 - in reply to #36276)

Executive Member

Ash's point likening BB to the Soaps like Eastenders was bang on, although I think the panel missed the point a bit.

People enjoy watching the human dramas of ordinary people. They always have. The fact that the soaps are fiction and BB is real doesn't change that.

Regards

Julian
secrethousemate
Posted 30/8/2010 13:05 (#36415 - in reply to #36280)

A couple of screenshots:

ofni
Posted 17/9/2010 11:54 (#36622 - in reply to #36251)

A news report on Aisleyne's appearance on this programme has been added to the TV & Radio Section

http://www.aisleyne.com/minifullnews_tv&r.asp?dismode=article&artid...
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread