You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Forum

Big Brother 9
Moderators: Admin, Moderators

Jump to page : < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... >
Now viewing page 4 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General -> Big Brother & OthersMessage format

bradley27
Posted 28/6/2008 13:40 (#29552 - in reply to #29540)
Subject: RE: Big Brother 9

Senate Member

premierscfc - 27/6/2008 14:45

Dennis has gone and Sylvia collapsed when it was announced.

understandably, because apparently she later said "my heart has been ripped out, literally". You would collapse too if that happened to you
Top of the page Bottom of the page
premierscfc
Posted 28/6/2008 14:07 (#29553 - in reply to #29174)

BB9 will never be forgotten as it has had some memorable moments and Sylvia's reaction to the ejection will be one of them.  I would have collapsed (with laughter) if I was not sitting down at the time.
sophie
Posted 28/6/2008 14:49 (#29554 - in reply to #29174)
Subject: Re: Big Brother 9

cant stand dale! what a t**t! he was only having a go cos of the whole jennifer thing..tryin 2 compete with stu eh!
he was the one who made it worst..it was all ok but then he came along and made it out of hand!
rex and mo still my faves..darnells ok aswell now!
bradley27
Posted 28/6/2008 14:59 (#29555 - in reply to #29554)

Senate Member

sophie - 28/6/2008 14:49

cant stand dale! what a t**t! he was only having a go cos of the whole jennifer thing..tryin 2 compete with stu eh!
he was the one who made it worst..it was all ok but then he came along and made it out of hand!
rex and mo still my faves..darnells ok aswell now!

actually I thought it was down to Dale and Stuart trying to both show how manly they were. The argument as stupid as it was, was basically over and the Drama Queen was getting over it, then the idiot children started
sophie
Posted 28/6/2008 15:09 (#29556 - in reply to #29174)

dale didnt know exactly was goin on though did he.. he started an argument cos he thinks itll be alright cos "everyone fancies him" so he thinks...rex didnt ruin it..it was hardly different..but "big"man dale had 2 step in and started calling everyone a dick like he usually does. it was funny actually cos dale said he says things 2 peoples faces..haha he doesnt..he bitches behind there backs.

Edited by sophie 28/6/2008 15:14
Julian
Posted 28/6/2008 16:58 (#29557 - in reply to #29556)

Executive Member

If anything, I thought it was Rebecca shouting at Mohammed that tipped the whole thing into anarchy. Dale was primarily incensed by Mohammed taking such a threatening stance with a girl (Rebecca).

Darnell was also at fault for escalating the group into more conflict when what they really needed to do was to calm down.

After listening to some of the conversations yesterday on the live streaming I think Dale and Jennifer both came out of it pretty well but Darnell, Rebecca and Rex have gone down in my estimation.

Regards

Julian
premierscfc
Posted 28/6/2008 17:25 (#29558 - in reply to #29557)

Julian - 28/6/2008 16:58 If anything, I thought it was Rebecca shouting at Mohammed that tipped the whole thing into anarchy. Dale was primarily incensed by Mohammed taking such a threatening stance with a girl (Rebecca). Darnell was also at fault for escalating the group into more conflict when what they really needed to do was to calm down. After listening to some of the conversations yesterday on the live streaming I think Dale and Jennifer both came out of it pretty well but Darnell, Rebecca and Rex have gone down in my estimation. Regards Julian

I think Jennifer came out of all this really bad.  Rex had apologised and she had seemed to have accepted his apology and he even went to his bedroom to get ready for bed.  Dale came into the luxury room and Jens waterworks started again and she turned up the volume as each person came into the room.  

Yesterday afternoon on the live feed click here Darnell exposed Jens hypocrisy when she defends Dale but insists that Darnell should have been ejected for the same behaviour.  Darnell has now become second favourite with the bookmakers on the strength of his reaction to the whole incident.  He went out on a limb and did not seem to care how he would appear to the viewers by speaking his mind.  Tonights highlights show should cement his position as second favourite to Kathreya. 

Jennifer will be evicted the first time the housemates nominate her whoever she is up against. 

sophie
Posted 29/6/2008 14:04 (#29565 - in reply to #29174)

i thought it was funny when darnell was having a go at jennifer on last nights highlights. he got her spot on. did you see dale just sitting there though? he didnt defend jen, but if it was someone like Mo or rex who had said it, he would have jumped straight in there. i hope mario was right about jen and her gang being up, cos theres enough to get them up!
Julian
Posted 29/6/2008 16:49 (#29567 - in reply to #29565)

Executive Member

Well I guess it's started then. Every year there seems to come a point when the majority seem to be watching an entirely different show to the one I'm watching. Aisleyne being one example, of course

How anyone can turn that argument and it's repercussions into anti-Jennifer sentiment absolutely escapes me.

I thought it was completely understandable that she would have been so upset by Rex's vandalism and later she was becoming increasingly distressed by all the upset and arguments that kicked off as much as by the original incident.

They were all the worse for drink that night and emotions were running high all round. I thought Darnell's behaviour was disgracefully aggressive, far worse than Dale's and I was very disappointed in Darnell for not apologizing for it until much later. I saw Darnell and Jennifer's confrontation on the live streaming and while his argument about Dale's behaviour being similar was valid it doesn't excuse his own. In fact, I thought it quite wrong when he suggested that only spitting and actual physical violence should be considered aggressive and intimidating when we've all seen people kicked off for behaviour far short of getting physical.

As it was, Jennifer conceded his point that Dale should not have been so hot-headed but was still justified in her point that Darnell's actions were uncharacteristically aggressive and frightening. I thought she acted with a lot of sense and maturity and eloquence in getting her feelings across and in burying the hatchet with everyone.

Darnell was essentially saying that he didn't do anything wrong. He didn't think Dale had done anything wrong either which was his main argument for why he was blameless but, as far as I'm concerned. they were both at fault.

Incidentally, the incident with Dale that Darnell was referring to was the one on the next day when Dale confronted Mohammed and had nothing to do with his behaviour during the previous evening. Dale wasn't anywhere near as agressive as Darnell during that altercation.

Jennifer may have plunged to the bottom of the polls but she went from my 5th favourite to my number one favourite on the strength of recent events. I thought she handled the whole thing with a lot of dignity and maturity and I think the current backlash against her is wholly unjustified.

Regards

Julian
premierscfc
Posted 29/6/2008 17:13 (#29568 - in reply to #29174)

Darnell did not think he was blameless.  When he was called to the diary room he was quite open about how he had reacted badly.  He did not tell Jennifer he had done nothing wrong, He told her he did the same as Dale and quite rightly called Jennifer a hypocrite because she was defending Dale whilst saying Darnell should have been ejected.  Tonights highlights show will show how Jennifer has not buried the hatchet with to quote Sundays BBLB "an eight hour bitching session" with Rebecca and Luke.    Jennifer spends so much time siiting either on her bed or in the bathroom bitching about Rachel, Kathreya and Rex.  She is spoiling the other housemates BB experience with her constant moaning and bitching about people being nice.  As for the painting BB should do a spot the difference competition with a before and after shot.
Julian
Posted 29/6/2008 18:07 (#29569 - in reply to #29568)

Executive Member

premierscfc - 29/6/2008 17:13

Darnell did not think he was blameless.  When he was called to the diary room he was quite open about how he had reacted badly.  He did not tell Jennifer he had done nothing wrong, He told her he did the same as Dale and quite rightly called Jennifer a hypocrite because she was defending Dale whilst saying Darnell should have been ejected. 

Darnell admitted he had done wrong in the diary room but that was only after he had so many people in the house tell him so. The conversation with Jennifer was before this and at that time, he didn't think he was in the wrong at all. That may not have come across in the highlights but, believe me, he said exactly that during the live streaming. He said that Dale had got in Mohammed's face and that that was ok because Dale had been angry the same as he had been and he said that it was only getting physical or spitting that crosses the line into unacceptable behaviour.

Yes he pointed out that it was hypocritical for Jenny to hold his anger against him when Dale had done the same thing and Jennifer accepted that. However, she was right to call him on his behaviour and it was partly because she did so that he came to the conclusion he did in the diary room.

Don't get me wrong, I still quite like Darnell, but I don't find him to be quite the hero that everyone else seems to lately.

Jennifer spends so much time siiting either on her bed or in the bathroom bitching about Rachel, Kathreya and Rex.  She is spoiling the other housemates BB experience with her constant moaning and bitching about people being nice. 

I think I've said before that pretty much all of the housemates this year have something I don't like about them. Jen's attitude towards Rachel (and Jen's previous choice in friends, for that matter) is the main fly in the ointment with her. Up until now I've not noticed a huge amount of bitchiness but given the heightened feelings recently and her increasing sense of isolation due to the loss of so many friends in such a short time I'm prepared to make allowances. Still, I'll keep an open mind for the time being

As for the painting BB should do a spot the difference competition with a before and after shot.

That's hardly the point, though. The worst thing about being burgled is the sense of violation that it creates regardless of whether anything has actually been taken or damaged. I see this as the same thing. That was a creation of great sentimental value to her that was vandalized as a joke by someone else and the fact that Rex could have thought that it would be funny to do something like that, not to mention the insincerity of his initial apology, points to a serious lack of consideration for other people's feelings. If she's still harbouring resentment I wouldn't blame her in the least.

Regards

Julian
premierscfc
Posted 29/6/2008 18:23 (#29570 - in reply to #29174)

Rex was definitely in the wrong about the painting.  He has to take the rap for that and if it means he gets nominations then so be it, He will have to face the consequences.  Jen did take advantage of the situation though.  She does not like Rex so she milked the situation for all its worth.  She seemed to have accepted Rex's apoplogy but started crying even louder when Dale and Stuart came into the bedroom.

Jens official profile is quite interesting.

http://www.channel4.com/bigbrother/housemates/profile.jsp?housemateId=260 

"Jennifer's also anti-fox hunting, anti-abortion, anti-smoking, anti-fur, and dislikes ladettes and people who spit." 

Looks like she is very selective with how she judges people.  Dennis is supposedly a very nice person and it's a shame he has been ejected.  She adapts her morals to fit in with who she likes and who she does not.  That was Darnell's point.

sophie
Posted 29/6/2008 19:53 (#29571 - in reply to #29174)

i think rex was wrong to do it..but the whole situation was blown out of proportion, it had hardly changed. i think darnell put jen right saying all they do is bitch behind peoples backs..because its all they seem to do.
Julian
Posted 29/6/2008 20:33 (#29572 - in reply to #29570)

Executive Member

premierscfc - 29/6/2008 18:23

Rex was definitely in the wrong about the painting.  He has to take the rap for that and if it means he gets nominations then so be it, He will have to face the consequences.  Jen did take advantage of the situation though.  She does not like Rex so she milked the situation for all its worth.  She seemed to have accepted Rex's apoplogy but started crying even louder when Dale and Stuart came into the bedroom.

Jens official profile is quite interesting.

http://www.channel4.com/bigbrother/housemates/profile.jsp?housemateId=260 

"Jennifer's also anti-fox hunting, anti-abortion, anti-smoking, anti-fur, and dislikes ladettes and people who spit." 

Looks like she is very selective with how she judges people.  Dennis is supposedly a very nice person and it's a shame he has been ejected.  She adapts her morals to fit in with who she likes and who she does not.  That was Darnell's point.

I really don't think she was milking anything. I think she was genuinely upset and the more that people rushed to her defense, the more time she had to think about it and the more Rex tried to brush it under the carpet the more upset she got. Which I think was only natural.

I think her profile shows that she has strong opinions and isn't afraid to voice them which is what we've seen and which I don't have a problem with.

I think it's unfair to expect her to suddenly turn on a close friend just because he did something she doesn't approve of in the heat of the moment. The world isn't that black and white. I agree with four out of Jen's six dislikes, including the anti-spitting thing, but if a close friend or family member suddenly spit on someone in a misguided attempt to protect me I'm not going to suddenly turn round and attack that person or stop caring about what happens to them.

She made it clear that she doesn't condone the spitting and, as far as I can see, I think she has a pretty strong moral compass. It's just that loyalty to her friends happens to be part of that.

Regards

Julian

Edited by Julian 29/6/2008 20:35
Julian
Posted 29/6/2008 20:41 (#29573 - in reply to #29571)

Executive Member

sophie - 29/6/2008 19:53

i think rex was wrong to do it..but the whole situation was blown out of proportion, it had hardly changed. i think darnell put jen right saying all they do is bitch behind peoples backs..because its all they seem to do.

Bitching is a hard one to judge, though. In that house we've seen that it's pretty much unavoidable. It's healthy to discuss the other housemates with your friends because you need to make decisions about who to nominate and sometimes you need feedback from others to make an informed choice. It's only bitching that involves spiteful or malicious comments or outright lies designed to sway people into getting out the competition that I have a problem with.

Don't forget, Imogen joined in with some pretty nasty bitching about Aisleyne but they're best of friends now...

Regards

Julian
Julian
Posted 30/6/2008 00:31 (#29574 - in reply to #29573)

Executive Member

Ok, so after watching tonight's show Rachel is back to being my favourite again. Jennifer's down to about 3rd place and Darnell has drifted down to very near the bottom of my list

Darnell reminds me a bit of Science from BB6. He's very perceptive about what's going on, he's outraged by all the right things but he has no sense of subtlety or tact when it comes to putting that opinion across. At the end of the day it was Rebecca who saw that Katreya was upset and tried to comfort her while Darnell, who was supposedly arguing in Katreya's favour, not only caused the upset in the first place but was also quite insensitive to Katreya's distress

Regards

Julian
premierscfc
Posted 30/6/2008 11:00 (#29575 - in reply to #29174)

Rachel is also my favourite housemate and has the potential to be my second favourite of all BBs. She can't win even though I would love her to, that's just how things are in BB. I also see similarities between Darnell and Science who I also liked. Darnell does examine his own behaviour though. What I do like about Darnell is that he does not run from one gang to tell that the others are bitching, he tells the ones who are bitching that they are bitching to their face. After Kat got upset Saturday night (Sundays highlights) he sat alone in B Block pondering events and the effects his behaviour may be having on the reat of the house.

The argument that upset Kat was 100% Beccys fault though. Darnell and Kat were having a friendly chat when Beccy came storming in the bedroom looking for an argument. Saturdays live feed showed Jen and Beccy bitching for hours about Rachel and Kathreya being happy all the time and then started bitching about Rex when he baked some cookies for Kathreya. Beccy went out of her way to pick a fight with Rex and he would not bite and walked away. Beccy was out of her depth with Rachel (the highlights show did not do Rachel justice) so Beccy turned her attention to Darnell. Beccy had been ranting and raving in the bathroom and the luxury bedroom about Kathreya doing her head in with her happy house song and being happy all the time yet she went into B block all guns blazing wanting to know who had said she was saying that Kathreya was doing her head in. It had nothing to do with Darnell, it was just Beccy looking for a row and Darnell bit instead of blanking her.

Saturdays live feed showed Jen and Luke filling Beccys head with hate for Rachel, Kat and Rex. Beccy then went full steam looking for an argument. Even Stuart came into the bedroom and told Jen, Beccy and Dale that it could look bad laying on the bed for ages bitching about the others and that the others all knew what they were doing. I am looking forward to todays nominations and think Jennifer or Rebecca (maybe both) will be up alongside Rex for eviction with one of the girls (Jennifer if she is up) going on Friday.

Julian
Posted 30/6/2008 12:47 (#29576 - in reply to #29575)

Executive Member

Thanks for that. I've got the live feed on series/link now so I'll see if I recorded anything interesting from the weekend

Regards

Julian
secrethousemate
Posted 30/6/2008 15:31 (#29580 - in reply to #29174)

Two Youtube clips I found to demonstrate two ways to approach emotional upset. First is Aisleyne, second is Jennifer. Compare and contrast.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=TqdUIHt3s2k&feature=related
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=1o5mtS-c-yY&feature=related

sophie
Posted 30/6/2008 15:37 (#29581 - in reply to #29174)

i hope its jen and rex up cos then rex will stay and hopefully the rest of jens "gang" will realise that Mo didnt stay because slyvia was hated for other reasons..well she was..but Mo is liked and there not!
Julian
Posted 1/7/2008 01:03 (#29583 - in reply to #29580)

Executive Member

secrethousemate - 30/6/2008 15:31

Two Youtube clips I found to demonstrate two ways to approach emotional upset. First is Aisleyne, second is Jennifer. Compare and contrast.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=TqdUIHt3s2k&feature=related
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=1o5mtS-c-yY&feature=related

All I see is history repeating.

There were a lot of people who didn't believe Aisleyne was sincere over that incident. It was the start of the real anti-Aisleyne backlash and the Fake label and it was primarily down to the fact that they couldn't see why Ash would have been so upset over what they considered to be something trivial.

I think Jennifer is being tarred with the same brush here. People are sceptical of the seriousness of the painting incident and, therefore, don't believe that she would have been as upset as she appeared.

I'm not in any way comparing Jen to Aisleyne and I'm certainly not a fan of Jennifer's negativity lately but I completely disagree with the notion that she was milking the situation or being anything other than genuinely upset and, I think she had every right to be upset.

If your point is that Aisleyne hid herself away rather than sit with everyone flocking round her that was an entirely different situation. Aisleyne didn't want to spoil the new housemates' first night in the house and so wanted to be alone to spare them the negativity. Jennifer's situation was entirely different. I don't see anything wrong with her behaviour that niight. Rex, Dale, Stuart, Rebecca, Mohammed, Dennis and Darnell were all to blame in one way or another but for some reason everyone's decided Jennifer was the most at fault

I couldn't disagree more.

Regards

Julian

Edited by Julian 1/7/2008 01:04
premierscfc
Posted 1/7/2008 11:54 (#29585 - in reply to #29174)

Sources suggest (a more reliable one than the newspapers) that the viewers will get what they want this week when nomination results are announced.  I think Sezer could be a happy bunny on Friday night as his % record has a good chance of being beaten.  It's Jen v Rex and no doubt we will have to witness plenty of bitching and some nasty behaviour towards Rex between now and Friday but Friday night should make it all worthwhile watching Jen get her comeuppance.
ofni
Posted 1/7/2008 12:03 (#29586 - in reply to #29174)

She'd better have some nice boots, so that Davina can ask her about them rather than her conduct.
bradley27
Posted 1/7/2008 15:14 (#29592 - in reply to #29585)

Senate Member

premierscfc - 1/7/2008 11:54

Sources suggest (a more reliable one than the newspapers) that the viewers will get what they want this week when nomination results are announced.  I think Sezer could be a happy bunny on Friday night as his % record has a good chance of being beaten.  It's Jen v Rex and no doubt we will have to witness plenty of bitching and some nasty behaviour towards Rex between now and Friday but Friday night should make it all worthwhile watching Jen get her comeuppance.

Sezer shouldnt get that happy if he thinks about it. Lets not forget he was against 2 others rather than just one. And neither of the ones he was against was that popular
premierscfc
Posted 1/7/2008 15:36 (#29594 - in reply to #29592)

bradley27 - 1/7/2008 15:14
premierscfc - 1/7/2008 11:54 Sources suggest (a more reliable one than the newspapers) that the viewers will get what they want this week when nomination results are announced. I think Sezer could be a happy bunny on Friday night as his % record has a good chance of being beaten. It's Jen v Rex and no doubt we will have to witness plenty of bitching and some nasty behaviour towards Rex between now and Friday but Friday night should make it all worthwhile watching Jen get her comeuppance.
Sezer shouldnt get that happy if he thinks about it. Lets not forget he was against 2 others rather than just one. And neither of the ones he was against was that popular

Sezers eviction will always be special as you say because he was in a 3 way rather than a straight eviction but if Jen gets more than 91.6% then it will be her name in the record books.  Jen has just said on the live feed that if she is nominated for eviction she will remove her seal costume and fail the shopping task because it smells.  Shame it's not possible to get 101%.

Jump to page : < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... >
Now viewing page 4 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread