You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Forum

Big Brother 9
Moderators: Admin, Moderators

Jump to page : < ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 >
Now viewing page 12 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General -> Big Brother & OthersMessage format

Julian
Posted 11/8/2008 16:13 (#30242 - in reply to #30241)
Subject: Re: Big Brother 9

Executive Member

Here's my interpretation of that incident:

When I watched it, it seemed to me that Darnell was getting overly familiar and that Sara was worried that her flirting had given him the wrong idea. She jumped into Stuart's bed as a means of giving Darnell the message that she wasn't interested in him in that way and she asked Stuart if the house thought she fancied Darnell because the incident caused her to think that she'd been giving Darnell the wrong kind of signals and wanted to check whether Stuart thought the same.

Darnell took this as a humiliating rejection which, in a way it was, but Sara hadn't meant to give him those signals in the first place and his misinterpretation of them was unfortunate but not Sara's fault. Her reaction to his advances was more panic than anything. She lied to him later to make him feel better and because she didn't want to be on non-speaking terms with someone she liked so much. If she'd told the truth it would have been like rubbing salt in the wound and she'd have had an even tougher time bringing him out of his sulk.

Regards

Julian
Top of the page Bottom of the page
premierscfc
Posted 11/8/2008 17:09 (#30243 - in reply to #30242)

Julian - 11/8/2008 16:13 Here's my interpretation of that incident: When I watched it, it seemed to me that Darnell was getting overly familiar and that Sara was worried that her flirting had given him the wrong idea. She jumped into Stuart's bed as a means of giving Darnell the message that she wasn't interested in him in that way and she asked Stuart if the house thought she fancied Darnell because the incident caused her to think that she'd been giving Darnell the wrong kind of signals and wanted to check whether Stuart thought the same. Darnell took this as a humiliating rejection which, in a way it was, but Sara hadn't meant to give him those signals in the first place and his misinterpretation of them was unfortunate but not Sara's fault. Her reaction to his advances was more panic than anything. She lied to him later to make him feel better and because she didn't want to be on non-speaking terms with someone she liked so much. If she'd told the truth it would have been like rubbing salt in the wound and she'd have had an even tougher time bringing him out of his sulk. Regards Julian

I can accept all that and that should have been the end of it.  Where I find fault with Sara is how she has been with Darnell since.  She may only be flirting but she should not flirt with someone who she knows she has given the wrong idea to before.  You should learn from the misunderstanding and move on but no, Sara has to carry on flirting with Darnell despite previously worrying about giving out the wrong signals with exactly the same results as the first time.  If you were worried someone you were flirting with was getting overly familiar with you and it ended up in a row would you flirt with them again? 

Saj
Posted 11/8/2008 17:55 (#30244 - in reply to #29174)

I blow hot and cold over Sara but at the moment I feel a bit sorry for her.

I think she is naturally flirty with all the guys in the house but Darnell does fancy her. Problem is she fancies Stuart.

Its a hard situation for Darnell because he fancies her but Sara doesn't fancy him so she must feel bad even though nobody is to blame.

I can't work out whether Stuart fancies her or not
Julian
Posted 11/8/2008 19:34 (#30246 - in reply to #30243)

Executive Member

premierscfc - 11/8/2008 17:09
I can accept all that and that should have been the end of it.  Where I find fault with Sara is how she has been with Darnell since.  She may only be flirting but she should not flirt with someone who she knows she has given the wrong idea to before.  You should learn from the misunderstanding and move on but no, Sara has to carry on flirting with Darnell despite previously worrying about giving out the wrong signals with exactly the same results as the first time.  If you were worried someone you were flirting with was getting overly familiar with you and it ended up in a row would you flirt with them again? 

I got the feeling they had both discussed it and made it clear that neither of them fancies the other, which is what gave Sara the go ahead to carry on with her usual behaviour which, to her, was just harmless fun. Darnell, however, was not being honest when he said he didn't fancy her (as he admitted to her later). He basically took her further comments as more rejection even though, as Sara pointed out (in her inimitable style), they were never an item in the first place so how could she have rejected him!

Regards

Julian
Julian
Posted 11/8/2008 19:35 (#30247 - in reply to #30244)

Executive Member

Saj - 11/8/2008 17:55

I think it's pretty clear that he doesn't. He hasn't returned her flirting at all and Dale said in his interview that Stuart's thoughts were all with his ex back home.

Regards

Julian
bradley27
Posted 11/8/2008 19:42 (#30248 - in reply to #30231)

Senate Member

premierscfc - 11/8/2008 08:38

bradley27 - 11/8/2008 01:46 Quote:"Can you explain why Sara got in Darnell's bed Friday night?" Can you explain why she shouldnt? Nothing happened so why the problem? quote:"

They had had another big argument about Darnell fancying her earlier that night.  She had basically accused him of being a sex pest and then later the same night she gets into his bed.  Is that reasonable behaviour for an adult?

I am at a loss as to how people can compare Sara's behaviour to Aisleyne's.  As soon as Ash found out how Spiral felt and they had their misunderstanding she never shared a bed with him again.  She only shared Pete's bed once when he invited her and at that time she did not know that Pete fancied Nikki.

Just to make things clear my point is not to defend Darnell, if Sara had done this to anybody in the house I would feel the same way.  Darnell should get a grip and tell her to do a running jump.

But why should she be told to take a running jump when she hasnt done anything. And she most definately did not call him a sex pest seriously, its called mucking around. Put it this way she has been called a lot worse in that house. Even the night of his first sulk, she was joking around. It seems like the men can joke around and call women what they like but then men cant.

And the most important thing to remember in this is nothing happened. Men and women can share beds without the need for anything to happen. And surely the fact that she got into his bed after supposedly seriously calling him a "sex pest" shows that she cant have been serious. You wouldnt get into bed with someone you actually thought was one would you?
bradley27
Posted 11/8/2008 19:47 (#30249 - in reply to #30235)

Senate Member

Julian - 11/8/2008 12:05

premierscfc - 11/8/2008 08:38
They had had another big argument about Darnell fancying her earlier that night.  She had basically accused him of being a sex pest and then later the same night she gets into his bed.  Is that reasonable behaviour for an adult

She didn't accuse him of being a sex pest she made a joking remark which he took the wrong way.

I think both Sara and Darnell are giving each other mixed signals. Sara did fancy Stu, physically, but Stuart is clearly not interested. I think she really likes Darnell and may very well be attracted to him but Darnell has a girlfriend who he started seeing a week before going into hiding for BB and who he really liked but who he doesn't believe will be waiting for him (despite the fact that she said she would). This is why he keeps giving mixed signals to Sara.

Darnell keeps getting upset because Darnell is way too over-sensitive and takes everything seriously when it isn't meant to be serious. Sara is too flirty with Darnell if she isn't interested him but I'm not convinced that she isn't interested in him.

Regards

Julian

the trouble is Darnell sometimes has a g/f, other times doesnt have one, etc, etc.... how is anyone to know, especially when he says he doesnt fancy her.

IMO they arent suitable for each other as a couple either. They are quite similiar needy people. I did hear that she was mugged a little while ago and her friends have said she has not liked being on her own since. Maybe thats why she is overly close, but thats not to bad a thing. Either way, I think they both need someone to look after them and therefore wouldnt work s a partnership but could be good friends. Thats just my take on a side issue
bradley27
Posted 11/8/2008 19:52 (#30250 - in reply to #30236)

Senate Member

premierscfc - 11/8/2008 12:13

Julian - 11/8/2008 12:05
premierscfc - 11/8/2008 08:38 They had had another big argument about Darnell fancying her earlier that night. She had basically accused him of being a sex pest and then later the same night she gets into his bed. Is that reasonable behaviour for an adult
She didn't accuse him of being a sex pest she made a joking remark which he took the wrong way. I think both Sara and Darnell are giving each other mixed signals. Sara did fancy Stu, physically, but Stuart is clearly not interested. I think she really likes Darnell and may very well be attracted to him but Darnell has a girlfriend who he started seeing a week before going into hiding for BB and who he really liked but who he doesn't believe will be waiting for him (despite the fact that she said she would). This is why he keeps giving mixed signals to Sara. Darnell keeps getting upset because Darnell is way too over-sensitive and takes everything seriously when it isn't meant to be serious. Sara is too flirty with Darnell if she isn't interested him but I'm not convinced that she isn't interested in him. Regards Julian

Sara had also said to Stuart and the rest of the viewers watching that she was frightened that Darnell "would feel her up" if she got into bed with him.  I suppose that was just a joke as well.   

yes it was........ tell me if she was serious would she then share a bed with him? Of course not. They all rip each other and she has been at the receiving end ore than others. Shes entitled to give it back a bit. The trouble is, and its becoming clearer to me each time Darnell says anything, he is just purely worried about what the people viewing with think. A good example of this was when he called Rachel a piece of trash. When he reflected on it he didnt say that he was upset how bad he had been to her, he was upset about what people would think seeing him say that. And I believe thats the problem when Sara has joked with him. He worries that is what people watching will think
bradley27
Posted 11/8/2008 19:55 (#30251 - in reply to #30241)

Senate Member

premierscfc - 11/8/2008 14:42

Julian - 11/8/2008 14:32
premierscfc - 11/8/2008 12:13 Sara had also said to Stuart and the rest of the viewers watching that she was frightened that Darnell "would feel her up" if she got into bed with him. I suppose that was just a joke as well.
I don't remember that comment specifically (unless you mean the one where she said he would have sex with her if she got in the bed) but I suspect it was a joke, yes. Darnell has been talking to her about his sexual frustration in the house so he's a prime target for that kind of ribbing. What I'm quite sure it wasn't was a malicious attempt to make Darnell look bad. I really don't see that in her at all. Regards Julian

It was when she got in Stuarts bed, the night Darnell jumped the barrier into Hell.  Darnell does not know she said it, he asked what she was saying to Stuart and she lied saying they were talking about the letters from home.  The fact it was behind Darnell's back rules out her joking with Darnell. 

She lied to save his feelings and for it not to start another bout of pity from him. Thats a pretty normal lie you would tell someone particularly if they make a fuss about things so much. Could you imagine how he would have been if she said that she asked Stu about whether Darnell fancied her and whether others thought she fancied him? Darnell would still be sulking! Its called a white lie and very sensible that she did it
bradley27
Posted 11/8/2008 19:59 (#30252 - in reply to #30243)

Senate Member

premierscfc - 11/8/2008 17:09

But its Darnell at fault, not her. She is flirty with most people there, men and women, thats her friendly nature. I dont know maybe Australians are a little more that way than we are, but she hasnt done anything wrong and he would have been moaning about it if she had decided to keep her distance from then on. She has to feel relax and she acts like she has always acted. Its for Darnell to stop thinking theres anything more to it, especially as he doesnt fancy her, doesnt not fancy her, has a g/f, doesnt have a g/f, etc, etc.

Hes the liar not her
bradley27
Posted 11/8/2008 20:00 (#30253 - in reply to #30244)

Senate Member

I blow hot and cold over Sara but at the moment I feel a bit sorry for her.

I think she is naturally flirty with all the guys in the house but Darnell does fancy her. Problem is she fancies Stuart.

Its a hard situation for Darnell because he fancies her but Sara doesn't fancy him so she must feel bad even though nobody is to blame.

exactly and if stu doesnt, she, as an adult has to accept that. The trouble is Darnell doesnt or cant.

Note: Shes quite flirty with the women as well
bradley27
Posted 11/8/2008 20:02 (#30255 - in reply to #30247)

Senate Member

Julian - 11/8/2008 19:35

I think it's pretty clear that he doesn't. He hasn't returned her flirting at all and Dale said in his interview that Stuart's thoughts were all with his ex back home.

Regards

Julian

I thought so to, but I'm not so sure now. However I dont trust Stu one bit, so I doubt if we will ever get to know exactly how he feels.
premierscfc
Posted 11/8/2008 20:04 (#30257 - in reply to #30251)

bradley27 - 11/8/2008 19:55

premierscfc - 11/8/2008 12:13 Sara had also said to Stuart and the rest of the viewers watching that she was frightened that Darnell "would feel her up" if she got into bed with him. I suppose that was just a joke as well.
I don't remember that comment specifically (unless you mean the one where she said he would have sex with her if she got in the bed) but I suspect it was a joke, yes. Darnell has been talking to her about his sexual frustration in the house so he's a prime target for that kind of ribbing. What I'm quite sure it wasn't was a malicious attempt to make Darnell look bad. I really don't see that in her at all. Regards Julian

It was when she got in Stuarts bed, the night Darnell jumped the barrier into Hell. Darnell does not know she said it, he asked what she was saying to Stuart and she lied saying they were talking about the letters from home. The fact it was behind Darnell's back rules out her joking with Darnell.

She lied to save his feelings and for it not to start another bout of pity from him. Thats a pretty normal lie you would tell someone particularly if they make a fuss about things so much. Could you imagine how he would have been if she said that she asked Stu about whether Darnell fancied her and whether others thought she fancied him? Darnell would still be sulking! Its called a white lie and very sensible that she did it

So she lied to save Darnell's feelings therefore she knows how he feels.  She then carries on flirting with him knowing how he feels.  I think that says it all. 

Julian
Posted 12/8/2008 00:58 (#30263 - in reply to #30257)

Executive Member

premierscfc - 11/8/2008 20:04
So she lied to save Darnell's feelings therefore she knows how he feels.  She then carries on flirting with him knowing how he feels.  I think that says it all. 

They talked and established that he didn't fancy her and that she didn't fancy him but that they wanted to continue hugging etc. Having established these ground rules there shouldn't have been any problem with her continuing to flirt with him and, in fact, as far as I could tell, there weren't any.

The second time he flipped had nothing to do with flirting or leading him on. When she made a joke about not getting into his bed for fear he'd have sex with her there is no way that she meant that seriously. It was just a joke referring to his previous confession about how sexually frustrated he was in the house. Nobody would have taken a comment like that seriously unless they were incredibly over-sensitive and insecure. Darnell's reaction to that was entirely Darnell's problem and not Sara's fault at all.

By the way, did you see Darnell talking to Lisa about Kathreya on the highlights tonight? I couldn't believe how he turned on someone who was supposed to be a close friend. I've been steadily losing respect for Darnell for a few weeks now but that really was the last straw. I think Aisleyne needs to pick a new favourite

Regards

Julian

Edited by Julian 12/8/2008 01:03
premierscfc
Posted 12/8/2008 08:28 (#30265 - in reply to #29174)
Subject: RE: Big Brother 9

Darnell has certainly been in self destruct mode recently and the "savvy" guy who quickly sussed out what was going on with the whisper club in the early weeks needs to comeback soon.  I am not so sure that Kathreya is his friend though.  In retrospect we may look back on Kathreya as one of the biggest gameplayers of all time.  She does try and manipulate other peoples opinions to suit her own come nomination day and a lot of people who "have broken her heart" seem to be up for eviction.  Where has Kathreya been when the housemates have been giving Rachel a hard time? 

In my opinion the only one who deserves an apology from Darnell is Rachel.  I do believe that what you see is what you get from her and she is genuine in how she views her friendships in the house.  Unfortunately she is going to get hurt again as it becomes apparent to her that people she regards as friends are not her friend.  It seems public opinion is going Rachels way and I am delighted with that.  It looks like she is up for eviction this week against Stuart and if we believe what Stuart says (I don't) about wanting to go home then he should get his wish granted this week.

Julian
Posted 12/8/2008 12:04 (#30270 - in reply to #30265)

Executive Member

premierscfc - 12/8/2008 08:28
It seems public opinion is going Rachels way and I am delighted with that.  It looks like she is up for eviction this week against Stuart and if we believe what Stuart says (I don't) about wanting to go home then he should get his wish granted this week.

I'm also pleasantly surprised to see Rachel's popularity on the rise. I'm quite sure Stuart wants to go home so with any luck even his fans, if they really like him, will vote to evict him

Regards

Julian
bradley27
Posted 12/8/2008 17:13 (#30277 - in reply to #30257)

Senate Member

premierscfc - 11/8/2008 20:04

bradley27 - 11/8/2008 19:55

It was when she got in Stuarts bed, the night Darnell jumped the barrier into Hell. Darnell does not know she said it, he asked what she was saying to Stuart and she lied saying they were talking about the letters from home. The fact it was behind Darnell's back rules out her joking with Darnell.

no she carries on being a friend, especially as he told her he didnt fancy her.... later to change to "dont not fancy" (something a 10 year old might say). however why should she change. She is who she is, they sorted it out so why should she need to not be who she is? Surely it was up to him to not get worked up about it again. We arent dealing with 10 year olds, they are both in their mid 20s
bradley27
Posted 12/8/2008 17:16 (#30278 - in reply to #30263)

Senate Member

Julian - 12/8/2008 00:58

By the way, did you see Darnell talking to Lisa about Kathreya on the highlights tonight? I couldn't believe how he turned on someone who was supposed to be a close friend. I've been steadily losing respect for Darnell for a few weeks now but that really was the last straw. I think Aisleyne needs to pick a new favourite

Regards

Julian

he tends to do that if he cant get his way with someone. Bex was his kind of girl when she was drunk. Yet strangely some want to blame the women rather than the man who continues to lie or has stopped because no one knows the truth with him.

And its winding me up with him now that he doesnt seem upset about doing things, more that he is upset about how it will make him look to the viewers.
bradley27
Posted 12/8/2008 17:20 (#30279 - in reply to #30265)

Senate Member

Darnell has certainly been in self destruct mode recently and the "savvy" guy who quickly sussed out what was going on with the whisper club in the early weeks needs to comeback soon.  I am not so sure that Kathreya is his friend though.  In retrospect we may look back on Kathreya as one of the biggest gameplayers of all time.  She does try and manipulate other peoples opinions to suit her own come nomination day and a lot of people who "have broken her heart" seem to be up for eviction.  Where has Kathreya been when the housemates have been giving Rachel a hard time? 

In my opinion the only one who deserves an apology from Darnell is Rachel.  I do believe that what you see is what you get from her and she is genuine in how she views her friendships in the house.  Unfortunately she is going to get hurt again as it becomes apparent to her that people she regards as friends are not her friend.  It seems public opinion is going Rachels way and I am delighted with that.  It looks like she is up for eviction this week against Stuart and if we believe what Stuart says (I don't) about wanting to go home then he should get his wish granted this week.

I am really worried about this eviction. I have a bad feeling. We know its mainly young women who vote and that we have learnt over the years just how shallow they can be (and it was meant to be us men that were), I can see Stu winning this vote and you only have to look how often a woman h/m beats a male h/m in the past.

I know what the polls are saying but I am not confident on this one.

Strange with Stu though, since he stayed in last week, he hasnt referred to his daughter and going once.
premierscfc
Posted 12/8/2008 17:27 (#30280 - in reply to #30279)

bradley27 - 12/8/2008 17:20

Darnell has certainly been in self destruct mode recently and the "savvy" guy who quickly sussed out what was going on with the whisper club in the early weeks needs to comeback soon. I am not so sure that Kathreya is his friend though. In retrospect we may look back on Kathreya as one of the biggest gameplayers of all time. She does try and manipulate other peoples opinions to suit her own come nomination day and a lot of people who "have broken her heart" seem to be up for eviction. Where has Kathreya been when the housemates have been giving Rachel a hard time?

In my opinion the only one who deserves an apology from Darnell is Rachel. I do believe that what you see is what you get from her and she is genuine in how she views her friendships in the house. Unfortunately she is going to get hurt again as it becomes apparent to her that people she regards as friends are not her friend. It seems public opinion is going Rachels way and I am delighted with that. It looks like she is up for eviction this week against Stuart and if we believe what Stuart says (I don't) about wanting to go home then he should get his wish granted this week.

I am really worried about this eviction. I have a bad feeling. We know its mainly young women who vote and that we have learnt over the years just how shallow they can be (and it was meant to be us men that were), I can see Stu winning this vote and you only have to look how often a woman h/m beats a male h/m in the past. I know what the polls are saying but I am not confident on this one. Strange with Stu though, since he stayed in last week, he hasnt referred to his daughter and going once.

I think it will be close with Stu benefiting from the usual male v female effect but I think Rachel will survive in a close vote.  Rachel fans can not be complacent though and have to vote by phone and not just in online polls.  Stu is a player and never wanted to go despite him saying he did.  I bet he gets the photo of his daughter out now though to come across as a sensitive guy hoping that we forget that it was him that upped the stakes in spitgate after it had all been sorted out once.

Julian
Posted 12/8/2008 18:14 (#30282 - in reply to #30280)

Executive Member

Stuart has done everything he can to get nominated. If he's just pretending why would he have voted how he voted last week? He deliberately went for popular people to ensure he went up.

He is currently, on the live feed, swearing blind that he wants to go. If he wanted to stay why would he want the public to think he wants to go? It's not a sensible tactic for someone who wants to stay!

Regards

Julian
emptybox
Posted 12/8/2008 22:49 (#30283 - in reply to #29174)

I'm not at all confident about Friday, and I'll be relaxing my no-voting rule to put a few votes Stuart's way.
I hope the fact that he nominated purely tactically, will count against him. Shows that all his talk about wanting to leave is so much bullshine.

I really hope Rachel survives.

Edited by emptybox 12/8/2008 22:51
boldjohn
Posted 12/8/2008 22:54 (#30284 - in reply to #30283)

Executive Member

emptybox - 12/8/2008 22:49

I'm not at all confident about Friday, and I'll be relaxing my no-voting rule to put a few votes Stuart's way.
I hope the fact that he nominated purely tactically, will count against him. Shows that all his talk about wanting to leave is so much bullshine.

From what I've read, Rachel deserves to win, but they're not having any of my money.
Julian
Posted 13/8/2008 00:17 (#30285 - in reply to #30284)

Executive Member

boldjohn - 12/8/2008 22:54
From what I've read, Rachel deserves to win, but they're not having any of my money.

They wouldn't be getting any of it - all their profits from voting are being donated to charity this year.

Regards

Julian
Interested Observer
Posted 14/8/2008 22:30 (#30297 - in reply to #30284)

boldjohn - 12/8/2008 22:54
emptybox - 12/8/2008 22:49

I've just voted to evict Stuart on your behalf Boldjohn.

How many of us are supporting Rachel this year?

Jump to page : < ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 >
Now viewing page 12 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread