You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Forum

Big Brother 9
Moderators: Admin, Moderators

Jump to page : < ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 >
Now viewing page 9 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General -> Big Brother & OthersMessage format

bradley27
Posted 31/7/2008 10:58 (#30067 - in reply to #30064)
Subject: RE: Big Brother 9

Senate Member

premierscfc - 31/7/2008 08:50

I tend to believe the reasons for the lines closing early.  I will be amazed if the result of the vote is not leaked beforehand and basically spoil the eviction show.  I don't think they would be prepared to sacrifice the suspense of the eviction show just to support a housemate.  The whole week has been unsatisfactory but apart from there own incompetence they have had to deal with other situations as well.  Maysoon leaving is almost certainly the reason the voting lines were late opening so I don't think they delayed the vote just to cut down on voting time.  None of this changes my opinion that the change of heart regarding the punishment for nomination chat was just a cynical ploy to affect the outcome of the eviction vote though.

maybe it is but if you continually lie and mis-lead the public over the years, when you tell the truth, you dont deserve the benefit of the doubt
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Julian
Posted 31/7/2008 19:36 (#30073 - in reply to #30067)

Executive Member

There's a member of the public who has turned up on BBBM a few times who now has his own opinion video on the C4 web-site. I was in two minds whether to bother with it but I'm glad I did. It's hilarious:

http://www.channel4.com/bigbrother/news/newsstory.jsp?id=10902&posi...

Regards

Julian
bradley27
Posted 31/7/2008 22:38 (#30074 - in reply to #30065)

Senate Member

Julian - 31/7/2008 09:43

The website stated that the delay in the start of voting was because they needed to find extra people to monitor all the lines.

I think it's pretty understandable why they would need to end the vote early this week. They have suddenly been faced with an unexpected 8-way vote which would normally require them to prepare eight Best Bit compilations and associated clips and eight exit interviews and then Davina would have to come in and rehearse eight different interviews prior to the live show. Even BBBM would probably be affected with 8 possible themes. That's a huge headache that can all be avoided by the simple expedient of ending the voting early.

If anything, the votes cast during the week will be from more informed, regular devoted viewers whereas the last minute voters are more likely to be casual viewers who, IMO, would probably be far more predisposed to like Luke than the ones who have been following the show daily. Having said that, given the millions of votes involved I don't think the ratios ever shift to any great degree during the week's voting unless something major happens to affect people's opinions.

The last I heard Luke was favourite to go with Rex as second favourite. If people want Luke to go all they need to do is vote for him.

Regards

Julian

but when Nikki went in BB7 there were either 11 or 12 up then and they managed to cope with that. I just dont think its the case. It could be but I dont believe a thing they say anymore. Like I said if there is any benefit of doubt, they dont deserve it
Julian
Posted 31/7/2008 23:59 (#30075 - in reply to #30074)

Executive Member

bradley27 - 31/7/2008 22:38
but when Nikki went in BB7 there were either 11 or 12 up then and they managed to cope with that. I just dont think its the case. It could be but I dont believe a thing they say anymore. Like I said if there is any benefit of doubt, they dont deserve it

It was probably that experience which led to their decision to give themselves more time this time round. Once bitten twice shy

I think the whole Nikki thing is a perfect example of why they wouldn't have done this to manipulate the vote. When Nikki left they couldn't possibly have been expecting it and they certainly wouldn't have wanted it. Large votes like this one are very unpredictable. It's much easier for someone to go that the majority want to stay because it's difficult for people to vote defensively. I ended up voting Nikki out last time even though there were plenty of people I would have preferred to have gone before her but the bookies had Aisleyne and Nikki as the two favourites to go so voting Nikki was the best way to save Ash.

Basically, you can't predict an 8-way until it happens and putting up so many public favourites in an 8-way is very risky. I think it shows that they're not playing favourites. The rule breaking got so flagrant that if they hadn't come down hard on it the same people making a hue and cry now would have been baying for BB's blood over letting the housemates get away with such an abuse of the system. I still maintain that they couldn't have used jail at that point but even if they could, they'd tried that punishment and it hadn't worked. It was time for something harder.

At the end of the day it looks like Luke's going to go anyway (fingers crossed) so I think it worked out pretty well all round

Regards

Julian
bradley27
Posted 1/8/2008 00:10 (#30076 - in reply to #29174)
Subject: Re: Big Brother 9

Senate Member

sorry Julian just cant agree.... guess we are going to have to agree to disagree.

BTW Nikki was a big odds on favourite to go when she went, so they would have known.

Edited by bradley27 1/8/2008 00:11
Julian
Posted 1/8/2008 17:46 (#30087 - in reply to #30076)

Executive Member

bradley27 - 1/8/2008 00:10

sorry Julian just cant agree.... guess we are going to have to agree to disagree.

BTW Nikki was a big odds on favourite to go when she went, so they would have known.

I don't think anyone would have guessed she would go until she was put up. Only then did she become favourite based on the money put on her.

It's been a fascinating live stream today.

There was a huge row between Lisa and Rex. I missed the row but I saw Rachel comforting Kathreya in the toilet and the make up conversation between Lisa and Rex later. It was a fascinating insight into Rex, I thought, although Lisa isn't buying it.

I caught an interesting snippet between Rachel and Mohammed. Apparently Mohammed had upset her earlier by making a remark which she felt would upset her boyfriend. They've made up now though.

Rachel's been a joy to watch today. I think Rex might have done her a favour with all that VT teasing

Regards

Julian

Edited by Julian 1/8/2008 17:47
premierscfc
Posted 1/8/2008 22:01 (#30089 - in reply to #29174)

Luke has been evicted with 37% of the vote.  It's just a shame we won't get to see what % the others got.
secrethousemate
Posted 1/8/2008 22:03 (#30090 - in reply to #29174)

Not as high as some polls suggested. Plus Rex's girlfriend going in? Is this Endemol getting desperate to try and pump some life back into the show now a lot of the 'loud' housemates have left? It smacks a bit of Jade Goody all over again. Presumably they won't nominate each other so have an unfair advantage. Booooo!!!!

premierscfc
Posted 1/8/2008 22:15 (#30091 - in reply to #30090)

secrethousemate - 1/8/2008 22:03 Not as high as some polls suggested. Plus Rex's girlfriend going in? Is this Endemol getting desperate to try and pump some life back into the show now a lot of the 'loud' housemates have left? It smacks a bit of Jade Goody all over again. Presumably they won't nominate each other so have an unfair advantage. Booooo!!!!

I do think BB have played us all for fools this week.  The schedule for tonights second show was extended last weekend so they have had it planned for Rex's girlfriend to go into the house all week.  Rex has had such a favourable edit all week with so many examples of his nastiness to the other house mates missed off the highlights show.  Hopefully he will be even more of an arrogant pig now his girlfriend is in the house and the other housemates nominate him.  I'm sure the BB viewers will have him in their sights now Luke has gone.

boldjohn
Posted 2/8/2008 00:39 (#30093 - in reply to #30091)

Executive Member

premierscfc - 1/8/2008 22:15

secrethousemate - 1/8/2008 22:03 Not as high as some polls suggested. Plus Rex's girlfriend going in? Is this Endemol getting desperate to try and pump some life back into the show now a lot of the 'loud' housemates have left? It smacks a bit of Jade Goody all over again. Presumably they won't nominate each other so have an unfair advantage. Booooo!!!!

I do think BB have played us all for fools this week.  The schedule for tonights second show was extended last weekend so they have had it planned for Rex's girlfriend to go into the house all week.  Rex has had such a favourable edit all week with so many examples of his nastiness to the other house mates missed off the highlights show.  Hopefully he will be even more of an arrogant pig now his girlfriend is in the house and the other housemates nominate him.  I'm sure the BB viewers will have him in their sights now Luke has gone.

Did he really not know she was going in?
Julian
Posted 2/8/2008 14:30 (#30096 - in reply to #30093)

Executive Member

I think it was a brilliant twist. It made great viewing.

As for Rex, after listening to his talk with Lisa after the row yesterday I've come round to liking him again. Pretty much everyone he winds up is convinced that he only does it to give them reasons to nominate him. Nobody, except Lisa, has taken it seriously at all.

Incidentally, I saw on the live streaming last night that Lisa broke the fire exit door and tried to escape. I didn't see the actual event but I saw her explaining her actions in B-block to the other housemates after she came back. Interestingly they haven't mentioned it at all on the C4 website

Regards

Julian
Julian
Posted 2/8/2008 23:17 (#30099 - in reply to #30096)

Executive Member

There was so much going on yesterday I knew they wouldn't be able to fit it all into the highlights.

One thing they missed was Rachel and Kathreya clearing the air with Lisa after she came back. Rachel admitted to Lisa that she hadn't been at all upset when Lisa had left and she felt a bit guilty about that. There was a lot of chopping and changing between conversations but from what I could make out, Rachel and Kat aired their concerns that Lisa had started joining in with the talking behind people's backs, while Lisa said she felt people had ignored Mario a lot and Kathreya brought up what I think was the incident when Mario shouted at her for getting upset about other people arguing.

I got the impression that Lisa's concerns over Rachel and Kat being genuine had finally been put to rest (funny how it took Luke going to do that ) and I think Lisa may have 'turned a corner' with those guys too.

Of course by now, they're starting to run out of people to nominate so it may not change nominations much but it was nice to see.

Regards

Julian
Julian
Posted 2/8/2008 23:49 (#30100 - in reply to #30099)

Executive Member

Looks like Rachel's won head of house this week. Way to go Rach
emptybox
Posted 3/8/2008 00:13 (#30101 - in reply to #30100)

Julian - 2/8/2008 23:49 Looks like Rachel's won head of house this week. Way to go Rach

Yes, this could be Rachel's chance to shine.
Hope she makes the most of it.

The twist bringing in Rex's girlfriend has turned into a bit of a damp squib already.

Julian
Posted 4/8/2008 19:20 (#30116 - in reply to #30101)

Executive Member

Rachel is now fourth favourite to win on 7/1. In my opinion, there have been enough Rachel moments over the last two days to put her right to the top of the chart. If only they'd edit it right.

Yesterday she sacrificed the chance to get a letter from home so that the hell housemates could get theirs. Not only did she make this decision without even having to think about it but she hasn't even told the house about her sacrifice. That's just class

Today she's been comforting Darnell, trying to knock some sense into him after he went into a sulk about his embarrassment with Sara. Plus she tried to do the washing up to take the burden of Kathreya and is now seething at Big Brother because they've told her she's not allowed.

It's quite interesting that all this is happening at the same time that Luke is spreading his vitriolic nonsense about her on BBLB. I can't help thinking he's doing her a favour

I'm pretty sure it'll be Stuart and Dale up tomorrow. Rex and Sara agreed to nominate them in the nomination pod because they really want to go. Several people would vote for them anyway and others would vote for them because they want to do them a favour so I think it's looking very likely!

Regards

Julian
premierscfc
Posted 4/8/2008 19:41 (#30117 - in reply to #29174)

I don't think Sara will nominate Stuart despite what she said to Rex.  I would prefer Sara to go anyway, she has lead Darnell up the garden path.  She spent loads of time with him on Friday giving him the idea that there maybe something there.  She even said in the diary room that she wanted Darnell in her life after BB ended.  She has always had her eye on Stu and made a fool of Darnell.  He gives himself a hard time over nothing so no wonder he feels bad today.  Rachel was fantastic with him this afternoon though and was a good friend to him.  Darnell does have a point though when he says that peoples first impression of him is that he is odd.  A lot of people are shallow enough to let that prejudice their opinions and never get to know what kind of person he is.  Darnell is second favourite to win BB but he probably thinks the viewers hate him.  Hopefully he gets the reassurance he needs from BB to gain the confidence to live a happier life.

BB have been a bit naughty with the nominations process this week.  Darnell gets banned from nominating for jumping the barrier but Lisa ends up in heaven and nominates despite breaking out of the house.  Mikey and Kat have been given an impossible task to pass to earn their nominations.  Mikey is trying like a trooper with a little help from Nicole and no help from Kathreya to eat 300 large sprouts that are undercooked and stone cold.  I would not like to sit down wind of Mikey tonight.

Rachel got told off for helping Kat with the washing up.  Kat is being run off her feet looking after heaven with Mikey doing what he can (admittedly not much) but Nicole is too busy sucking Rex's face through the gaps in the perspex barrier and doing very little to help Kat. 

bradley27
Posted 4/8/2008 21:31 (#30118 - in reply to #30117)

Senate Member

premierscfc - 4/8/2008 19:41

I don't think Sara will nominate Stuart despite what she said to Rex.  I would prefer Sara to go anyway, she has lead Darnell up the garden path.  She spent loads of time with him on Friday giving him the idea that there maybe something there.  She even said in the diary room that she wanted Darnell in her life after BB ended.  She has always had her eye on Stu and made a fool of Darnell.  He gives himself a hard time over nothing so no wonder he feels bad today.  Rachel was fantastic with him this afternoon though and was a good friend to him.  Darnell does have a point though when he says that peoples first impression of him is that he is odd.  A lot of people are shallow enough to let that prejudice their opinions and never get to know what kind of person he is.  Darnell is second favourite to win BB but he probably thinks the viewers hate him.  Hopefully he gets the reassurance he needs from BB to gain the confidence to live a happier life.

BB have been a bit naughty with the nominations process this week.  Darnell gets banned from nominating for jumping the barrier but Lisa ends up in heaven and nominates despite breaking out of the house.  Mikey and Kat have been given an impossible task to pass to earn their nominations.  Mikey is trying like a trooper with a little help from Nicole and no help from Kathreya to eat 300 large sprouts that are undercooked and stone cold.  I would not like to sit down wind of Mikey tonight.

Rachel got told off for helping Kat with the washing up.  Kat is being run off her feet looking after heaven with Mikey doing what he can (admittedly not much) but Nicole is too busy sucking Rex's face through the gaps in the perspex barrier and doing very little to help Kat. 

you do know its not the 19th century still dont you? Sara has done nothing wrong. obviously the sexual revolution hasnt quite reached the Black Country yet?

Edited by bradley27 4/8/2008 21:32
secrethousemate
Posted 4/8/2008 21:39 (#30119 - in reply to #29174)

Bradley27 in talking sense shocker!

I've noticed some parallels between Sara and Aisleyne. Ash also got it in the neck (from some people) for 'leading on' Spiral, who was a crap housemate compared to Darnell, but maybe this should be treated as a similar situation, with 'signals' being misinterpreted? I think Sara is in the house to flirt and have a good time and nothing more, as was Ash.

premierscfc
Posted 4/8/2008 21:53 (#30120 - in reply to #29174)

Aisleyne did not get out of one bed and get straight into another guys bed to rub Spirals nose in it.  Friday's live feed (daytime) did seem to suggest that Sara was interested in Darnell.  If that gave Darnell the wrong impression then she should have chosen a different way to let him know rather than to jump into a reluctant Stuarts bed. 

The Black Country?, I see they never taught Geography south of the Watford Gap. 

bradley27
Posted 4/8/2008 23:25 (#30121 - in reply to #30119)

Senate Member

secrethousemate - 4/8/2008 21:39

Bradley27 in talking sense shocker!

I've noticed some parallels between Sara and Aisleyne. Ash also got it in the neck (from some people) for 'leading on' Spiral, who was a crap housemate compared to Darnell, but maybe this should be treated as a similar situation, with 'signals' being misinterpreted? I think Sara is in the house to flirt and have a good time and nothing more, as was Ash.

and you can get stuffed as well..... sarccy git....

Quite right by the way, and having seen it on the h/ls tonight she did absolutely nothing wrong. She was having fun and Darnell and his problems about his own self worth changed the whole situation.

She didnt jump into bed with Stu to do anything but chat with him, just to get his opinion on whether it was getting too much. Besides why should she have to lie in a bed feeling uncomfortable just so not to upset someone...... not that I believe she was doing it for that fact.

Personally I think she suddenly realised that Darnell was getting a little too excited and wanted to ask Stu what he thought about the situation. Apparently that makes her bad.
bradley27
Posted 4/8/2008 23:27 (#30122 - in reply to #30120)

Senate Member

premierscfc - 4/8/2008 21:53

Aisleyne did not get out of one bed and get straight into another guys bed to rub Spirals nose in it.  Friday's live feed (daytime) did seem to suggest that Sara was interested in Darnell.  If that gave Darnell the wrong impression then she should have chosen a different way to let him know rather than to jump into a reluctant Stuarts bed. 

The Black Country?, I see they never taught Geography south of the Watford Gap. 

Sorry I meant the north.... its all the same.

Besides if you watched the h/ls she was having a laugh and Darnell took it far too seriously as is his want. She did absolutely nothing wrong. He jumped into her bed remember, she didnt jump into Darnell's bed.
Julian
Posted 4/8/2008 23:48 (#30123 - in reply to #30122)

Executive Member

As with most things I think there was some fault on both sides. I've been thinking over the last few days that Darnell and Sara were getting way too touchy-feely given that Sara apparently fancies Stuart. She may not have been doing it deliberately but it's not surprising he got his signals mixed up.

It was pretty insensitive to go running to Stuart but I think she pretty much went into panic mode.

Darnell, on the other hand, has some serious self-worth issues. His chat with Rachel today showed such a cynical view of the world it was quite heart-breaking to imagine what he must have gone through to think like that. Rachel didn't know whether to hug him or slap him

Regards

Julian
premierscfc
Posted 5/8/2008 08:49 (#30124 - in reply to #30121)

bradley27 - 4/8/2008 23:25
secrethousemate - 4/8/2008 21:39 Bradley27 in talking sense shocker! I've noticed some parallels between Sara and Aisleyne. Ash also got it in the neck (from some people) for 'leading on' Spiral, who was a crap housemate compared to Darnell, but maybe this should be treated as a similar situation, with 'signals' being misinterpreted? I think Sara is in the house to flirt and have a good time and nothing more, as was Ash.
and you can get stuffed as well..... sarccy git.... Quite right by the way, and having seen it on the h/ls tonight she did absolutely nothing wrong. She was having fun and Darnell and his problems about his own self worth changed the whole situation. She didnt jump into bed with Stu to do anything but chat with him, just to get his opinion on whether it was getting too much. Besides why should she have to lie in a bed feeling uncomfortable just so not to upset someone...... not that I believe she was doing it for that fact. Personally I think she suddenly realised that Darnell was getting a little too excited and wanted to ask Stu what he thought about the situation. Apparently that makes her bad.

And of course it had nothing to do with the fact she has been telling some of the housemates that she fancied Stuart.  Stuart tried to be diplomatic in telling her he was not comfortable with her getting in his bed and even pointed out that he was naked.  Sara could have gone to Lisa if she was that bothered by Darnell but she saw an opportunity to take advantage of the situation and got in Stuarts bed.   

Julian
Posted 5/8/2008 12:04 (#30125 - in reply to #30124)

Executive Member

Sara and Darnell are having a heart-to-heart at the moment. Looks like they've sorted things out

Regards

Julian
premierscfc
Posted 5/8/2008 18:31 (#30131 - in reply to #29174)

Sara lied to Rex in the nomination pod and nominated Mohammed and Dale.  There was no way she was going to nominate Stuart as she obviously fancies him.  She used Darnell as an excuse to get into Stuarts bed and misled Rex after clearly agreeing to nominate Stuart.  Fortunately Stuart is still up for eviction but the early polls and betting suggest that Dale will get evicted by a large majority.  I personally think it will be a close vote this week but could not care less whichever one goes.
Jump to page : < ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 >
Now viewing page 9 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread