You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Forum

Big Brother 9
Moderators: Admin, Moderators

Jump to page : < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... >
Now viewing page 7 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General -> Big Brother & OthersMessage format

premierscfc
Posted 23/7/2008 10:31 (#29912 - in reply to #29174)
Subject: RE: Big Brother 9

On Monday nights live feed about 10.30pm Rex used this information he got about Rachel in a bitching session with Luke and Dale.  He said some real nasty things about Rachel and made Luke's night.  Rachel opened up to Rex and trusted him and he then went and started bitching about her with the whisper club.  Rex was also slating Kathreya on last nights live feed behind her back with the whisper club. Rex is clearly a selfish person with no feelings for anyone else in the house.

It was a pleasant change to see Rachel's nominations last night and her reasons just summed up exactly the people she nominated.  I would much rather watch an adult conversation rather than Beccy stripping off and Luke and co bitching around the clock so hopefully the director lets us see more of Rachel.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Julian
Posted 25/7/2008 12:13 (#29953 - in reply to #29912)

Executive Member

I watched the live streaming last night and saw the aftermath of the incident in which Rebecca and Mohammed kissed. It was riveting stuff and it basically removed any doubt in my mind whatsoever about Luke and Rebecca's relationship. I really believe it's as genuine as they come.

Luke took the kiss very badly. He was really upset by it and, as he said to Rebecca later, the way he felt about it surprised him and he realized that his feelings for Rebecca were more than just friendship. Rebecca tried to say that she felt the same way but hadn't realized Luke did. She protested that the kiss with Mohammed meant nothing but Luke argued that if she can snog people she didn't like for a laugh then it proved that the previous snogs with him must have been just as meaningless. It was all heart-wrenching, raw-emotion stuff and there's no way it was faked.

The thing about the timing of previous snogs isn't coincidental but, in a way, I think they used the idea of providing entertainment during an eviction week as an excuse to do what they secretly wanted to do anyway. Now they've come to realize that they both feel the same way about each other and not a moment too soon, really, as she's almost certain to be leaving today.

Regards

Julian
premierscfc
Posted 25/7/2008 12:43 (#29954 - in reply to #29174)

I just hope that when beccy goes tonight Darnell takes something from it.  He will hopefully realise that people think that he is generally a decent guy and he has no reason to be down on himself.  When he is not in self pitying mode he is a fun housemate and also an honourable one who will do what he thinks is the right thing and not just the popular thing.

If Luke is genuine about Beccy and she goes then I have no sympathy for him.  It will just be Karma for the way he behaves and thinks about the other housemates.  When he was chanting "we need to push her" about Rachel he seemed to be really enjoying himself and it was sickening to watch Dale, Beccy and Stu joining in.  Luke is very near the top of my all time dislike list of BB contestants so anything that upsets him is fine with me.

premierscfc
Posted 25/7/2008 22:12 (#29958 - in reply to #29174)

Rebecca has been evicted with 65.4% of the vote. Quite a high percentage in a 3 way split.
premierscfc
Posted 25/7/2008 22:59 (#29959 - in reply to #29174)

I am beginning to think Davina draws a wage under false pretences.  Telling Beccy everyone loves her and finds her entertaining when she got twice the vote of the other 2 put together.  She just can not interview people as her BBC chat show proved.
Julian
Posted 26/7/2008 00:38 (#29962 - in reply to #29959)

Executive Member

premierscfc - 25/7/2008 22:59

I am beginning to think Davina draws a wage under false pretences.  Telling Beccy everyone loves her and finds her entertaining when she got twice the vote of the other 2 put together.  She just can not interview people as her BBC chat show proved.

I don't think Davina said everyone loves her she just said that a lot of people found her entertaining which I think is true. She was my most disliked housemate since Dennis went but I still have to concede that she was entertaining.

I did find the interview a little light on reasons for her eviction. It's almost like the production team didn't know why people disliked her so didn't have anything prepared.
If anything, the only time she got to get any kind of hint about why people might dislike her is when they showed her her best bits VT

Having said that, I don't really have a problem with Davina's interview technique. I certainly don't want to see the evictees subjected to any kind of an aggressive public grilling. It would either upset them or turn them defensive and either way it would make for uncomfortable viewing, as far as I'm concerned.

I think Davina sees it as her role to try to rehabilitate the public's view of each evictee to try to soften the blow and lessen any potential repercussions that being on the program might have caused them.

Personally, I think that's the right approach.

Regards

Julian

Edited by Julian 26/7/2008 00:39
premierscfc
Posted 26/7/2008 11:41 (#29964 - in reply to #29962)

Julian - 26/7/2008 00:38
premierscfc - 25/7/2008 22:59 I am beginning to think Davina draws a wage under false pretences. Telling Beccy everyone loves her and finds her entertaining when she got twice the vote of the other 2 put together. She just can not interview people as her BBC chat show proved.
I don't think Davina said everyone loves her she just said that a lot of people found her entertaining which I think is true. She was my most disliked housemate since Dennis went but I still have to concede that she was entertaining. I did find the interview a little light on reasons for her eviction. It's almost like the production team didn't know why people disliked her so didn't have anything prepared. If anything, the only time she got to get any kind of hint about why people might dislike her is when they showed her her best bits VT Having said that, I don't really have a problem with Davina's interview technique. I certainly don't want to see the evictees subjected to any kind of an aggressive public grilling. It would either upset them or turn them defensive and either way it would make for uncomfortable viewing, as far as I'm concerned. I think Davina sees it as her role to try to rehabilitate the public's view of each evictee to try to soften the blow and lessen any potential repercussions that being on the program might have caused them. Personally, I think that's the right approach. Regards Julian

Davina does give some housemates and "Aggressive public grilling" though.  Stephanie, Susie and kara Louise immediately spring to mind.  Why did she give them a hard time?  I think that if BB was just starting as a new program and the Davina we have now went for an audition as a presenter I doubt she would get the job. I think she is a lazy interviewer.

I don't buy the fact that the production team did not realise Rebecca was unpopular, if they didn't then maybe they are in the wrong job.  Rebecca was a long odds on favourite to be evicted as soon as the results of the nominations were announced and her eviction was no surprise to anyone outside the BB house.  If Rebecca got 65% out of a 3 way vote how can Davina say that a lot of people found her entertaining.  65% of a 3 way split is a huge number of people who did not find her entertaining but their views were ignored in the interview.  The fact that the best bits video may have shown the reasons she was evicted just goes to show that she was not an entertaining housemate yet Davina was fawning all over her.  I am not after a pound of flesh but I would just like the interview to reflect what we have been watching on our screen.

Julian
Posted 26/7/2008 14:39 (#29967 - in reply to #29964)

Executive Member

premierscfc - 26/7/2008 11:41
Davina does give some housemates and "Aggressive public grilling" though.  Stephanie, Susie and kara Louise immediately spring to mind.  Why did she give them a hard time? 

I do get the impression that Davina will forgive people a lot as long as they see it as their duty to fill the show with memorable moments. The thing she can't forgive is people who squander the opportunity of BB by spending their time sitting around having cups of tea.

Personally, my criteria are different. I don't care how entertaining someone is nearly as much as what kind of person they are.

That being said, Davina did list Makosi as her all time least favourite housemate in a recent opinion blog so there may be hope for her yet

I don't buy the fact that the production team did not realise Rebecca was unpopular, if they didn't then maybe they are in the wrong job. 

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't making excuses for the production team. I was agreeing with you that the interview was too one-sided!

I am not after a pound of flesh but I would just like the interview to reflect what we have been watching on our screen.

Can't argue with that, although I do think that points sometimes don't get made because it's live TV and sometimes housemates can be unpredictable in the amount of time they use up. Maybe she's not the best interviewer in the world but I get the feeling it's a lot harder than it looks

Regards

Julian
ofni
Posted 28/7/2008 16:31 (#29994 - in reply to #29174)
Subject: Re: Big Brother 9

News of the World Blogger Peter Briffa finds parallels between last night's treatment of Rachel by BB, and the way Aisleyne was treated

http://blogs.notw.co.uk/bb9/2008/07/rachel-in-tears.html

premierscfc
Posted 28/7/2008 16:44 (#29995 - in reply to #29994)

ofni - 28/7/2008 16:31

News of the World Blogger Peter Briffa finds parallels between last night's treatment of Rachel by BB, and the way Aisleyne was treated

I thought Rex was really nasty to Rachel last night and went on at her for at least 2 hours without letting Rachel get a word in edgeways.  However it does look like it has not affected the way nominations have gone today.  The people who will nominate Rachel will nominate her regardless and the ones who would not have nominated her before the VT was shown will nominate someone else.  Despite Dale getting off lightly last night when Rachel got the stick it looks like he is paying for it today and looks certain to be up on Friday.

Rachel will probably get nominated by Stu, Dale, Lisa, Sara and Luke so will still probably be up unless Darnell's crew all manage to nominate Luke. 

Julian
Posted 28/7/2008 17:13 (#29996 - in reply to #29994)

Executive Member

ofni - 28/7/2008 16:31

I don't really have a problem with Rachel's editing recently but then I never really had a huge problem with Aisleyne's editing. The only thing I really had a problem with was the prejudicial nature of the Machiavellian test results which they divulged on Big Brother's Big Brain shortly after she arrived. Basically, having trained psychologists telling E4 viewers that Aisleyne was extremely manipulative and willing to double-cross anyone to get where she wants to be was, IMO, the primary reason why people believed she was fake all the time. That and the less than savoury VT :D

When they let the house know the results of the Mach test and when they showed the housemates her VT in the final weeks, I think it was actually in an attempt to help Aisleyne because it gave her a chance to react to the accusations that people were making.

In the same way, I think the more the 'evidence' against Rachel is made known to Rachel the more it gives her the chance to set the record straight. The more they push Rachel the more of a story line she becomes and the more opportunity she has to defend herself. I don't think you could really argue that BB are anti-Rachel at the moment. They had three people, including a psychologist, on BBLB all explaining how Rachel isn't fake and would actually have to be a sociopath to be able to have kept up such a pretence for so long. Then they had Grace Dent on the Sunday show wanting Rachel to win and saying you'd have to be an idiot to believe Rachel was fake (nice little dig at Rebecca there :D). Mind you, Grace could have picked a slightly less subtle clip to demonstrate Rachel's strong points

Regards

Julian
Julian
Posted 28/7/2008 17:23 (#29997 - in reply to #29995)

Executive Member

premierscfc - 28/7/2008 16:44
I thought Rex was really nasty to Rachel last night and went on at her for at least 2 hours without letting Rachel get a word in edgeways.  However it does look like it has not affected the way nominations have gone today.  The people who will nominate Rachel will nominate her regardless and the ones who would not have nominated her before the VT was shown will nominate someone else.  Despite Dale getting off lightly last night when Rachel got the stick it looks like he is paying for it today and looks certain to be up on Friday.

Rachel will probably get nominated by Stu, Dale, Lisa, Sara and Luke so will still probably be up unless Darnell's crew all manage to nominate Luke. 

I think Dale is definitely up but I think Luke will get a lot too. I am pretty sure I heard Stuart and Rex in the nomination booth say they wanted to nominate Luke and Dale (Rex suggested Rachel and Maysoon but Stuart disagreed).

Even without Rex and Stuart I can see Darnell, Kathreya, Maysoon, Michael and Mohammed all going for Luke. I think Dale dislikes Darnell and Mo a bit too much to be distracted by voting for Rachel.

If Rachel is up it could be a hard one against Dale or Luke. Both of them are much higher in the betting odds than Rachel is. Still, I wouldn't mind seeing her survive an eviction vote. Dale and Stu are quite right to want to face a vote before getting to the final. It doesn't really feel like you earned your place if you haven't had to survive a vote to get there.

Regards

Julian
premierscfc
Posted 28/7/2008 17:27 (#29998 - in reply to #29174)

If Dale and Luke are up with Rachel I expect them to revert to type and go into full bitching mode and go into meltdown.  I can see Rachel coming out of last nights events with some new supporters if BB give a fair edit on tonight's show.  Rachel will have a fair chance of beating both of them.  Dale is now a bigger price than Rachel on Betfair and Luke's price is drifting.
emptybox
Posted 28/7/2008 23:54 (#30004 - in reply to #29174)

Yes, I think this episode could well play in Rachel's favour, as long as she doesn't let it get to her, and retreats further into her shell.
Julian
Posted 29/7/2008 00:27 (#30007 - in reply to #30004)

Executive Member

emptybox - 28/7/2008 23:54

Yes, I think this episode could well play in Rachel's favour, as long as she doesn't let it get to her, and retreats further into her shell.

As long as she still has the support of her friends I think she'll be fine. I heard Mikey being particularly supportive today. He's convinced that her VT wasn't at all surprising and that she's demonstrated plenty of qualities from the VT in the house.

I have to say I've seen that audition VT several times (it's on the C4 website) and it never once struck me as out of character.

You can see all the VT's here:

http://www.channel4.com/bigbrother/video/index.jsp?pid=1658487374

Regards

Julian
ofni
Posted 29/7/2008 09:54 (#30010 - in reply to #29174)

Imogen has spoken up for Rachel:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/big_brother/article148...

Julian
Posted 29/7/2008 12:28 (#30014 - in reply to #30010)

Executive Member

ofni - 29/7/2008 09:54

Imogen has spoken up for Rachel:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/big_brother/article148...

Not that it makes Rex's behaviour any better but Imogen's got the wrong end of the stick there. Rex doesn't think Rachel was faking in the audition he thinks she's been faking in the house. He thinks she's been deliberately keeping her head down in order to avoid nomination up to the final when she can then let her true personality (the one in the VT) come out.

I do think that he honestly believes that Rachel has been trying to dupe the house into thinking she's quieter than she is in order to get to the final.

The thing with Rex is that he can't understand how anyone can realistically have Rachel's easy-going, accommodating nature. I've seen his late night conversations discussing Rachel's philosophy on life and he just can't get his head around it. It's completely foreign to his nature. When Rebecca told him that Rachel was so much louder in the auditions and that she's being fake in the house he jumped at the thought. Everything that wasn't making sense about Rachel suddenly made sense and when he saw the VT he was absolutely convinced that he was right.

As far as he's concerned he's just teasing her but he has no idea how hurtful he's being.

Regards

Julian
premierscfc
Posted 29/7/2008 19:36 (#30019 - in reply to #29174)

Looks like BB9 has just lost all credibility. Luke and Dale had received the most nominations and were up for eviction on Friday. BB in their wisdom have decided to crackdown on nominations talk all of a sudden and have decided to add Darnell, Mo, Rex, Kat, Maysoon, Rachel and Stu to the list up for eviction for supposedly using codewords to discuss nominations.

I wonder why they have chosen this week to clampdown on nomination talk. Luke and the rest of the whisper club have been talking nominations for weeks using the word Chickpea and Happy house for Kat and Rachel. Mario, Lisa and Mikey were talking about stars and stripes when they were talking about Darnell. All this went unpunished for weeks apart from the odd spell in jail but this week they decide to mess with the nomination process. I can see a lot of viewers being unhappy with this.

ofni
Posted 29/7/2008 20:00 (#30020 - in reply to #29174)

Cynical is hardly the word, is it? It looks more like open contempt for their voting audience.
premierscfc
Posted 29/7/2008 20:08 (#30021 - in reply to #30020)

ofni - 29/7/2008 20:00 Cynical is hardly the word, is it? It looks more like open contempt for their voting audience.

All they need to do now is make it a vote to save and it's job done.  Operation save Luke, succeeded. 

ofni
Posted 29/7/2008 20:18 (#30022 - in reply to #29174)

I've only ever voted for ONE housemate.

And that's how it's going to stay.
premierscfc
Posted 29/7/2008 20:22 (#30023 - in reply to #30022)

ofni - 29/7/2008 20:18 I've only ever voted for ONE housemate. And that's how it's going to stay.

I voted for a couple of others to be evicted in BB7 as well as 1 person to win and was not disappointed at the results. I have not voted since and have no intention of voting again.

Julian
Posted 29/7/2008 20:23 (#30024 - in reply to #30019)

Executive Member

premierscfc - 29/7/2008 19:36
I wonder why they have chosen this week to clampdown on nomination talk. Luke and the rest of the whisper club have been talking nominations for weeks using the word Chickpea and Happy house for Kat and Rachel. Mario, Lisa and Mikey were talking about stars and stripes when they were talking about Darnell. All this went unpunished for weeks apart from the odd spell in jail but this week they decide to mess with the nomination process. I can see a lot of viewers being unhappy with this.

To be fair, I was listening all afternoon and the nomination talk was completely out of hand. I was convinced that BB would have no choice but to crack down on it.

It was basically because of the nomination booth. It puit the idea of chatting openly into everybody's head and all the codewords they used were completely fooling nobody. BB would have lost all credibility if they'd let it continue, in my opinion.

I do think they were a bit harsh on Stuart (taking away his head of house) as I never heard him participate and he swears adamantly that he never did anything wrong.

In any case, I like the idea that so many are up. It gives Dale and Stuart the chance to face a vote like they wanted and puts Rex up again and will hopefully mean that all the "trying to get nominated" antics will stop. I'm even glad that Rachel's up since being up is all part of the experience.

Big votes are much more unpredictable than head to heads but I reckon there are two ways to go. Either the public will try to get rid of the boring ones (in which case Mohammed or Maysoon are the most likely) or they'll go for the bigger characters like Darnell, Luke or Rex.

Personally, I'd most like to get rid of Luke, Dale or Mohammed. In fact, I might just vote for all three

Regards

Julian
premierscfc
Posted 29/7/2008 20:36 (#30025 - in reply to #30024)

Julian - 29/7/2008 20:23
premierscfc - 29/7/2008 19:36 I wonder why they have chosen this week to clampdown on nomination talk. Luke and the rest of the whisper club have been talking nominations for weeks using the word Chickpea and Happy house for Kat and Rachel. Mario, Lisa and Mikey were talking about stars and stripes when they were talking about Darnell. All this went unpunished for weeks apart from the odd spell in jail but this week they decide to mess with the nomination process. I can see a lot of viewers being unhappy with this.
To be fair, I was listening all afternoon and the nomination talk was completely out of hand. I was convinced that BB would have no choice but to crack down on it. It was basically because of the nomination booth. It puit the idea of chatting openly into everybody's head and all the codewords they used were completely fooling nobody. BB would have lost all credibility if they'd let it continue, in my opinion. I do think they were a bit harsh on Stuart (taking away his head of house) as I never heard him participate and he swears adamantly that he never did anything wrong. In any case, I like the idea that so many are up. It gives Dale and Stuart the chance to face a vote like they wanted and puts Rex up again and will hopefully mean that all the "trying to get nominated" antics will stop. I'm even glad that Rachel's up since being up is all part of the experience. Big votes are much more unpredictable than head to heads but I reckon there are two ways to go. Either the public will try to get rid of the boring ones (in which case Mohammed or Maysoon are the most likely) or they'll go for the bigger characters like Darnell, Luke or Rex. Personally, I'd most like to get rid of Luke, Dale or Mohammed. In fact, I might just vote for all three Regards Julian

Todays chat was no worse than the which housemate would you push off a cliff or who would be in your final 5 games we have had for weeks.  Luke has done more nomination chat than the other housemates put together.  The timing stinks.  They could have decided to clamp down anyday of the week as there has been so much nomination chat but instead they wait till after nominations.  They could have left this weeks nominations alone and then wait till the nomination chat rule was broken again, probably tomorrow knowing this lot, and put everybody up next week.

I would not be surprised to see them changing the vote to being a vote to save as well just as it was in BB7 when they wanted to save Pete. There have been too many coincidences in BB over the last few series for them all to be coincidences.  They have their golden rule that BB reserves the right to change the rules at anytime but they only seem to change the rules when it suits their agenda.  Luke has been used in trailers for BBBM, Nikki had her show with Endemol and both benefited from a twist.  Call me a cynic but if Luke was not up I think there would not be any punishment today.

bradley27
Posted 29/7/2008 21:13 (#30027 - in reply to #29174)

Senate Member

its over as a programme now. if they are punishing HMs for today then it was after the nominations were done and therefore count towards next week. Its beyond ridiculous. Thats it for me. They jumped the shark with the whole Nikki thing and it continues every time. The timing is all important and they tried to change the vote by showing the VTs and now that didnt work they pull this off. And they wonder why people turn off
Jump to page : < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... >
Now viewing page 7 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread