You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Forum

Big Brother 9
Moderators: Admin, Moderators

Jump to page : < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... >
Now viewing page 6 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General -> Big Brother & OthersMessage format

premierscfc
Posted 7/7/2008 22:15 (#29701 - in reply to #29698)
Subject: Re: Big Brother 9

ofni - 7/7/2008 21:35

secrethousemate - 3/7/2008 15:45

ofni - 3/7/2008 14:17

Unless I'm out-of-date on Ziggy's "representation" it would appear that Stephanie has been signed up by the cockatoo-headed one?

http://www.heatworld.com/Article/6293/Ziggy+and+Steph+DENY+that+the...

He's done wonders for Ziggy's 'career' hasn't he?

HE SAYS he made him £750,000? Collect a good few pinches of salt before clicking link: to see what our Aussie friend has to say about BBHMs and fame/money

http://www.channel4.com/bigbrother/news/newsstory.jsp?id=5801

I wonder if the taxman has seen the article.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
ofni
Posted 7/7/2008 22:23 (#29702 - in reply to #29701)

Never mind the taxman, given the 12-month shelf-life DL talks about, i wonder if Mr Lichman has read it? Be afraid, Ziggy, be very afraid.....
secrethousemate
Posted 8/7/2008 13:40 (#29708 - in reply to #29174)

Tabloids reporting its Mario v Rebecca for the chop this week. Most polls already show Mario streaking ahead. Will it be the end for the Great Bullshiner?

premierscfc
Posted 8/7/2008 13:50 (#29709 - in reply to #29708)

secrethousemate - 8/7/2008 13:40 Tabloids reporting its Mario v Rebecca for the chop this week. Most polls already show Mario streaking ahead. Will it be the end for the Great Bullshiner?

I hope he goes.  The novelty of listening to his bullshine has worn off now.  His latest one is that he was a magistrate.  Is there anything this bloke has not done? 

ofni
Posted 8/7/2008 13:51 (#29710 - in reply to #29708)

secrethousemate - 8/7/2008 13:40

Tabloids reporting its Mario v Rebecca for the chop this week. Most polls already show Mario streaking ahead. Will it be the end for the Great Bullshiner?

I only noticed this morning that Rebecca'a surname is - Shiner!!

Edited by ofni 8/7/2008 13:52
ofni
Posted 9/7/2008 23:03 (#29752 - in reply to #29174)

Did you see Luke's face on hearing that Mario and Bex were up for eviction?

He looked like like someone who'd forgotten to buy the syndicate's lottery ticket, and the numbers had just come up for the jackpot!
Julian
Posted 9/7/2008 23:24 (#29753 - in reply to #29752)

Executive Member

I used to quite like Mario but he's been sinking rapidly in my estimation recently. I was still in two minds given that Rebecca is also one of my least liked housemates but after tonight's show I'm convinced - he has to go

Regards

Julian
premierscfc
Posted 11/7/2008 22:00 (#29777 - in reply to #29174)
Subject: RE: Big Brother 9

Mario has been evicted with 77% of the vote.  Hopefully the girls will relax now and enjoy their BB experience.
ofni
Posted 11/7/2008 22:23 (#29778 - in reply to #29174)

Aisleyne's blog definitely clinched it. Given Mario's fanbase I reckon that means she must have about 29 milllion readers.
Julian
Posted 12/7/2008 22:44 (#29782 - in reply to #29778)

Executive Member

Nice to see them show a bit more of Rachel this evening. I've been watching a lot of Rachel's late night chats on the live streaming recently (including the conversation they showed with Lisa) and I'm loving her more and more

I really respected the way she wouldn't be drawn over her talk with Lisa too. It reminded me of Aisleyne's steadfast refusal to betray a confidence. Luke could learn a thing or two from her, that's for sure

Regards

Julian
emptybox
Posted 12/7/2008 23:06 (#29783 - in reply to #29782)

Julian - 12/7/2008 22:44 Nice to see them show a bit more of Rachel this evening. I've been watching a lot of Rachel's late night chats on the live streaming recently (including the conversation they showed with Lisa) and I'm loving her more and more I really respected the way she wouldn't be drawn over her talk with Lisa too. It reminded me of Aisleyne's steadfast refusal to betray a confidence. Luke could learn a thing or two from her, that's for sure Regards Julian

Hi Julian.
Rachel is my favourite this year as well, though to be honest I'm only half paying attention to it compared to some previous years.

premierscfc
Posted 12/7/2008 23:28 (#29784 - in reply to #29174)

One of the reasons I like to see the housemates who bitch in the name of entertainment evicted asap is so that we get a chance to see the other housemates.  Rachel has always been a nice person and is not guilty of being a fence sitter.  She was one of only 2 people (Stephanie was the other) who stood up to Alex yet the others were not accused of fence sitting when they sat there quietly.  This week she was obviously shocked to find out that Shaun and Lisa were part of the whisper club but she went to sort it one on one with Lisa and also told Rex it was none of his business.

I'm not sure she can win but we should see her for a few more weeks yet. 

bradley27
Posted 12/7/2008 23:42 (#29785 - in reply to #29784)

Senate Member

premierscfc - 12/7/2008 23:28

One of the reasons I like to see the housemates who bitch in the name of entertainment evicted asap is so that we get a chance to see the other housemates.  Rachel has always been a nice person and is not guilty of being a fence sitter.  She was one of only 2 people (Stephanie was the other) who stood up to Alex yet the others were not accused of fence sitting when they sat there quietly.  This week she was obviously shocked to find out that Shaun and Lisa were part of the whisper club but she went to sort it one on one with Lisa and also told Rex it was none of his business.

I'm not sure she can win but we should see her for a few more weeks yet. 

Rex also stood up to Alex as well dont forget
ofni
Posted 13/7/2008 00:06 (#29786 - in reply to #29785)

Aw, bradley, when i saw your name on the thread i thought for a moment that Rachel had achieved the ultimate miracle, and become the first HM since Ash herself to get a consensus of approval between Julian, prem and you!

i should have known better

Edited by ofni 13/7/2008 00:07
bradley27
Posted 13/7/2008 12:42 (#29789 - in reply to #29786)

Senate Member

ofni - 13/7/2008 00:06

Aw, bradley, when i saw your name on the thread i thought for a moment that Rachel had achieved the ultimate miracle, and become the first HM since Ash herself to get a consensus of approval between Julian, prem and you!

i should have known better

I like Rachel as well, I was merely pointing out it wasnt just Steph and Rachel, but Rex as well
secrethousemate
Posted 15/7/2008 09:21 (#29803 - in reply to #29174)

Tabloids reporting a Rex v Belinda eviction battle this week. Jazz singing snorer Belinda looking very likely to leave after a brief stay.

ofni
Posted 16/7/2008 20:13 (#29846 - in reply to #29174)

This analysis by Betfair predicts a Belinda departure, with a mention of Aisleyne along the way.

http://betting.betfair.com/specials/bigbrother08/big-brother-9-bett...

premierscfc
Posted 16/7/2008 20:32 (#29847 - in reply to #29174)

Rex is trying his best to get evicted though.  He is going to look bad on the highlights because he has not done anything good on the live feed. He is just being rude and obnoxious to everyone including housemates on the heaven side.  I don't mind him telling Luke, Mikey and Beccy what he thinks of them but even Mo, Dale and Rachel have been on the receiving end. 

Belinda will almost certainly go on Friday though as rationality goes out of the window when it comes to the eviction votes. 

boldjohn
Posted 16/7/2008 21:20 (#29848 - in reply to #29846)

Executive Member

ofni - 16/7/2008 20:13

This analysis by Betfair predicts a Belinda departure, with a mention of Aisleyne along the way.

http://betting.betfair.com/specials/bigbrother08/big-brother-9-bett...

That was a nice mention, but Ash was and is more than just a pretty face.
ofni
Posted 16/7/2008 22:58 (#29851 - in reply to #29174)

Did you hear Rex in the Diary Room on the HLs just then?

He said "I'm getting to KNOW MYSELF"

Edited by ofni 16/7/2008 23:00
premierscfc
Posted 17/7/2008 14:50 (#29862 - in reply to #29174)

I don't think I have seen a series with so many unlikeable housemates as this series.  Every series has people I don't like but this one has so many.  Alex, Sylvia, Dennis, Luke, Mikey and Rebecca are dreadful people .  Luke and Mikey are probably two of the least likeable of any series.  Mikey is the most selfish housemate of all time when it comes to shopping on the basic budget.  He wants Chocolate, Custard creams and fruit and fibre cereal just for him when they only have £7 a week each and have to buy hot water as well.  Hopefully the heaven housemates are on the same wavelength when it comes to nominations and there is a housemate from hell up each week.
Julian
Posted 17/7/2008 16:39 (#29866 - in reply to #29862)

Executive Member

premierscfc - 17/7/2008 14:50

I don't think I have seen a series with so many unlikeable housemates as this series.  Every series has people I don't like but this one has so many.  Alex, Sylvia, Dennis, Luke, Mikey and Rebecca are dreadful people .  Luke and Mikey are probably two of the least likeable of any series.  Mikey is the most selfish housemate of all time when it comes to shopping on the basic budget.  He wants Chocolate, Custard creams and fruit and fibre cereal just for him when they only have £7 a week each and have to buy hot water as well.  Hopefully the heaven housemates are on the same wavelength when it comes to nominations and there is a housemate from hell up each week.

I'm no great fan of Mikey, Rebecca and Luke but, keeping things in perspective, I don't think they're faults are that abhorrent in the great scheme of things. I do get annoyed to see Mikey and Luke so high in the betting odds, though.

I can understand why they might be upset with Darnell because they had a conversation before he went in to buy the shopping about how some of them would prefer to sacrifice eggs in return for chocolate and Darnell then promptly ignored them and got eggs anyway! The idea was that they could make cakes with them but all the flour he got was the non-self-raising kind which wouldn't work for cakes anyway! Plus he couldn't find the potatoes on the list so a pretty basic staple was missing.

Having said that, I was quite angry with Mikey, today. Considering how much Rachel loves Mikey and is always looking out for him it just seemed incredibly ungrateful for him to go on a rant about her just because Darnell seemed to be showing favouritism by buying cornflakes for her. It wasn't Rachel's fault, so why hold it against her? As it happens, Rachel is losing out the most from the shopping because mostly she just eats fruit and vegetables and doesn't like tuna or eggs whereas Darnell managed to miss out the fruit and veg and stocked up on tons of tuna and eggs!

Rachel, said it was ok though. She said she hadn't come to BB to complain about the food and was quite happy to put up with whatever she got. Meanwhilst, the hell housemates were getting increasingly worked up which should, I suppose, guarantee them a bit more time on the highlight shows

Regards

Julian
ofni
Posted 17/7/2008 16:53 (#29867 - in reply to #29532)

ofni - 27/6/2008 10:08

Metro have a pic of Aisleyne and some (unreferenced) quotes from her blog, in a round up of opinions on BB9 from "those in the know" namely Ash, Nikki, Boyd Hilton (Heat) and, for some reason, High King Peter of Narnia!

http://www.metro.co.uk/fame/article.html?in_article_id=193248

Metro again have a pic of and comments from Aisleyne in their celeb "vox pop" round-up of views on current events on BB9 - along with opinions from Samanda, Gwenno Saunders ( who she? ) and Brian Belo.

http://www.metro.co.uk/fame/article.html?in_article_id=223317

Edited by ofni 17/7/2008 16:56
premierscfc
Posted 17/7/2008 17:41 (#29871 - in reply to #29174)

It's just the general attitude of the housemates from hell.  They spend a large part of everyday moaning and bitching and do very little else.  At times there is very little to do but this afternoon the heavenly housemates made up there own game with a rubber glove full of water and had fun.  They even asked if the housemates from hell would like to join in but they refused preferring to hide in the bedroom bitching.  There just seems to be so much more constant bitching and as one gets evicted there seems to be another one ready to take their place.  Maybe it will stop if Luke goes as he seems to be involved in the bitching all the time. 

The basic budget will always cause problems but as some housemates decide to get on with it the housemates from hell just moan.  Mikey is quite happy to eat egg fried rice but he does not want to buy eggs for instance.  Mikey is quite selfish and wants chocolate, fruit and fibre and custard creams but still expects to be fed for a week.  His chocolate and custard creams come to £2.40 so it will probably be about £4 of his budget by the time he has cereal.  By the time he has contributed to the hot water he has little left to eat.  Luke just gets his wooden spoon out and just winds Mikey up into moaning and making things worse. 

Lisa is not in a position to moan about the budget as she has messed it up even when there was a luxury week.  They overspent by nearly £90 and all the stuff Kathreya asked for was not delivered as it was at the bottom of the list.  Jennifer found that funny showing her nasty side by laughing at that.  They got their fake tan though. 

It's not all bad news though.  I am enjoying this series and think it's a lot better than last year despite the number of housemates that I dislike.  Maybe thats because there are housemates I do like.  Rachel, Darnell and kat are in my opinion good housemates.  I quite like Mo and Rex although Rex is beginning to go down in my estimation as each day passes.  I just hope they all manage to nominate the same person from Hell (hopefully Luke but probably Beccy) so that another housemate from Hell goes.  Darnell is sure to be nominated next week along with probably Rex but if Beccy is up with them then she goes.  If the votes from hell are spread between too many housemates from hell then we could lose a good housemate next week.

Julian
Posted 23/7/2008 01:05 (#29909 - in reply to #29871)

Executive Member

I'm gobsmacked over tonight's highlights. They actually showed Rachel nominating. I think it's the first time

Rebecca, Darnell and Mohammed are up for nomination. With luck Rebecca will go and Darnell will start to realize that the world doesn't hate him. That's assuming he can pull himself together enough this week that he doesn't end up creating a self-fulfilling prophecy

I have to say, if anyone has a bunch of live streaming recorded and is not sure what to watch, Friday evening was absolutely fasicnaiting. First there was Darnell's friends giving him a stern talking to about his behaviour and later the conversation touched on in the highlights between Rachel and Rex about her fence-sitting.

As I suspected Rachel more than held her own in that conversation to the point where Rex was actually enviying her outlook because he felt he would never be able to feel that contented.

For me, it's these kinds of conversations that are the best part of Big Brother. Forget the arguments or the bitching, or even the tasks and the twists. It's the deep and meaningful insights into people and what makes them tick that really make the show for me. People like Rachel maybe boring in terms of what you can show on the highlights every day but she's the highlight of the show for me this year. No question.

Interesting snippits from Friday included the fact that she had been a bit of a child star when she was younger. She's been in several movies as well as 22 adverts before she was 10. She had her own trailer, a private tutor and loads of money which she ended up spending all on things like flutes and saxaphones .

In the end she decided education was more important and gave up the acting life to study for her teaching degree.

Here's her IMDB page, if anyone's interested:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0723525/

Regards

Julian
Jump to page : < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... >
Now viewing page 6 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread