You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Forum

Big Brother 9
Moderators: Admin, Moderators

Jump to page : < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... >
Now viewing page 5 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General -> Big Brother & OthersMessage format

Julian
Posted 1/7/2008 17:07 (#29596 - in reply to #29594)
Subject: RE: Big Brother 9

Executive Member

premierscfc - 1/7/2008 15:36
Jen has just said on the live feed that if she is nominated for eviction she will remove her seal costume and fail the shopping task because it smells.  Shame it's not possible to get 101%.

Yes, I heard that too. Not impressed with that attitude I have to admit

It's more than the fact that it smells, though, to be fair. It's also wet, cold and clammy and, apparently, in danger of exacerbating her eczma

She's actually been talking about walking so it wouldn't surprise me if the reason she's contemplating chucking in the task if she's nominated is in an effort to ensure that she leaves!

Regards

Julian
Top of the page Bottom of the page
sophie
Posted 1/7/2008 17:52 (#29597 - in reply to #29174)
Subject: Re: Big Brother 9

aww man i hate her so much l (jen) and rebecca..both are pathetic losers and yesterday was a joke..sitting there oh its boring there all boring..yet they were having fun..then call dale a p***k.. i think it was.. for joining in with the fun.. grrr jen and rebecca do my nut in!
premierscfc
Posted 1/7/2008 20:29 (#29599 - in reply to #29174)

On the Live feed Rex has just said he his really happy and can't wait to go on Friday.  Looks like everyone is going to be upset on Friday then (apart from the viewers)
ofni
Posted 1/7/2008 21:06 (#29600 - in reply to #29599)

premierscfc - 1/7/2008 20:29

On the Live feed Rex has just said he his really happy and can't wait to go on Friday.  Looks like everyone is going to be upset on Friday then (apart from the viewers)

Never mind whether Jennifer tops Sezer's percentage vote, d'ye think Rex'll break Aisleyne's jaw-dropping record when the result is announced?
premierscfc
Posted 1/7/2008 21:29 (#29601 - in reply to #29600)

ofni - 1/7/2008 21:06
premierscfc - 1/7/2008 20:29 On the Live feed Rex has just said he his really happy and can't wait to go on Friday. Looks like everyone is going to be upset on Friday then (apart from the viewers)
Never mind whether Jennifer tops Sezer's percentage vote, d'ye think Rex'll break Aisleyne's jaw-dropping record when the result is announced?

Luke and Beccy will win the Jaw dropping record.  Apart from the obvious weeks in BB7 and Maxwell/Science in BB6 this is for me the most anticipated eviction in all the BBs.  They all realise that it will give an indication of how they are coming across to the public.  Friday nights live feed after the eviction will be unmissable.

Julian
Posted 2/7/2008 00:07 (#29614 - in reply to #29576)

Executive Member

Julian - 30/6/2008 12:47

Thanks for that. I've got the live feed on series/link now so I'll see if I recorded anything interesting from the weekend

I watched a bit back from Saturday night and saw Darnell chatting with Katreya after the incident with Rebecca that drove Kat to tears. He was basically saying that he had been in the wrong to have brought the other groups' bitching up in front of Katreya and that, in fact, they were actually doing the right thing by discussion their feelings with each other rather than confronting Katreya with it. He's now worried he'll end up being a hate figure on the streets of London

His heavy-handed attitude sometimes was the only thing holding me back from really warming to Darnell but, after hearing that conversation, he's definitely won me over

As for Jennifer, I can understand some of the criticism sent her way but I really think people are going a bit overboard. Compared to people like Alex and Sylvia (or Sezer for that matter) I really don't see what she's done that's so bad?

She's moans a lot, she's overly suspicious of a couple of people who I really like and she spends a lot of time complaining about them but none of it seems particularly malicious or self-serving.

Rebecca on the other hand has shown herself to be malicious, aggressive and selfish, particularly with the belt incident. Rex was way out of line defacing Jen's painting and several people find him controlling and arrogant, Mohammed is incredibly selfish (the food, tobacco, cleaning) and Luke has done far more stirring and manipulating than Jennifer ever has.

I'm not sure who I want to go between Rex and Jennifer at this point but I think he's done far worse in that house in terms of willful disrespect for other people's feelings than Jennifer has. Her main problem, IMO, is that she's just an incredibly bad judge of character

Regards

Julian
bradley27
Posted 2/7/2008 01:02 (#29615 - in reply to #29594)

Senate Member

premierscfc - 1/7/2008 15:36

bradley27 - 1/7/2008 15:14
premierscfc - 1/7/2008 11:54 Sources suggest (a more reliable one than the newspapers) that the viewers will get what they want this week when nomination results are announced. I think Sezer could be a happy bunny on Friday night as his % record has a good chance of being beaten. It's Jen v Rex and no doubt we will have to witness plenty of bitching and some nasty behaviour towards Rex between now and Friday but Friday night should make it all worthwhile watching Jen get her comeuppance.
Sezer shouldnt get that happy if he thinks about it. Lets not forget he was against 2 others rather than just one. And neither of the ones he was against was that popular

Sezers eviction will always be special as you say because he was in a 3 way rather than a straight eviction but if Jen gets more than 91.6% then it will be her name in the record books.  Jen has just said on the live feed that if she is nominated for eviction she will remove her seal costume and fail the shopping task because it smells.  Shame it's not possible to get 101%.

it must be as I always hear people talking about "giving 150%".......
premierscfc
Posted 2/7/2008 13:08 (#29623 - in reply to #29174)

Grace Dents blog has been updated.  It looks like she does not like Jen.

http://www.channel4.com/bigbrother/news/newsstory.jsp?id=4803&position=28 

bradley27
Posted 2/7/2008 14:58 (#29627 - in reply to #29623)

Senate Member

premierscfc - 2/7/2008 13:08

Grace Dents blog has been updated.  It looks like she does not like Jen.

http://www.channel4.com/bigbrother/news/newsstory.jsp?id=4803&position=28 

obviously given the go ahead to do so
ofni
Posted 3/7/2008 14:17 (#29641 - in reply to #29174)

Unless I'm out-of-date on Ziggy's "representation" it would appear that Stephanie has been signed up by the cockatoo-headed one?

http://www.heatworld.com/Article/6293/Ziggy+and+Steph+D...

premierscfc
Posted 3/7/2008 14:24 (#29642 - in reply to #29641)

ofni - 3/7/2008 14:17 Unless I'm out-of-date on Ziggy's "representation" it would appear that Stephanie has been signed up by the cockatoo-headed one? http://www.heatworld.com/Article/6293/Ziggy+and+Steph+DENY+that+the...

She has so I would take any talk of romance between Stephanie and Ziggy with a huge pinch of salt. 

secrethousemate
Posted 3/7/2008 15:45 (#29643 - in reply to #29641)

ofni - 3/7/2008 14:17

Unless I'm out-of-date on Ziggy's "representation" it would appear that Stephanie has been signed up by the cockatoo-headed one?

http://www.heatworld.com/Article/6293/Ziggy+and+Steph+DENY+that+the...

He's done wonders for Ziggy's 'career' hasn't he?
Julian
Posted 4/7/2008 00:42 (#29650 - in reply to #29643)

Executive Member

I was watching BBBM yesterday and there was a lot of talk about housemates 'being themselves'. I've never understood why housemates and their fans think that 'being themselves' is some kind of ultimate goal in it's own right. It depends entirely on who those 'selves' actually are!

In any case, I actually believe that everyone in the house is currently being themselves, with the possible exception of Luke. We all show different facets of our personality depending on the situation but that doesn't mean that we're being fake. I might burst into spontaneous song while visting my parents' house but I'd never do it at work

I also think the 'nice' people are being unfairly tarnished as boring just because the editors prefer to show the conflicts more than the fun. Tonight being a case in point. They don't focus on the hilariously funny bum-fighting game invented by Kat, they focus on the argument that happened during it. They don't show the engagingly cute sight of Kat and Rachel navigating the house in the push-me-pull-you outfit but they instead show a rather static shot of them making rice so that they can show Luke's disdainful comment.

I'm currently voting to evict Rex as I think the show will be much more interesting if Jen stays. Not just because it keeps the cliques alive and the love triangle going but because I think there's a lot more character progression to come from Jennifer. I think she could learn a lot by staying in, whereas we've seen all we're going to see of Rex who clearly doesn't want to be there any more.

I noticed Darnell pushing his opinions down people's throats again. I know he means well and the opinion isn't entirely without merit but there was just no need for such negativity about their reaction to Mikey's punch bag antics. Cheering Mikey made Mikey feel good and made them feel good so where's the down side?

Right now I want Rachel to win. She's a sweet, caring, fun-loving girl whose a lot stronger and more sensible than her accomplice in positivity, Kathreya. The other side might call her a fence-sitter but I notice she wasn't shy in voicing her opinion that they should keep their opinions to themselves and she sussed out Luke long before anyone else

Regards

Julian
ofni
Posted 4/7/2008 08:38 (#29651 - in reply to #29174)

Current indications are that BB9 may soon get even more interesting.
premierscfc
Posted 4/7/2008 10:26 (#29652 - in reply to #29650)

Julian - 4/7/2008 00:42 I was watching BBBM yesterday and there was a lot of talk about housemates 'being themselves'. I've never understood why housemates and their fans think that 'being themselves' is some kind of ultimate goal in it's own right. It depends entirely on who those 'selves' actually are! In any case, I actually believe that everyone in the house is currently being themselves, with the possible exception of Luke. We all show different facets of our personality depending on the situation but that doesn't mean that we're being fake. I might burst into spontaneous song while visting my parents' house but I'd never do it at work I also think the 'nice' people are being unfairly tarnished as boring just because the editors prefer to show the conflicts more than the fun. Tonight being a case in point. They don't focus on the hilariously funny bum-fighting game invented by Kat, they focus on the argument that happened during it. They don't show the engagingly cute sight of Kat and Rachel navigating the house in the push-me-pull-you outfit but they instead show a rather static shot of them making rice so that they can show Luke's disdainful comment. I'm currently voting to evict Rex as I think the show will be much more interesting if Jen stays. Not just because it keeps the cliques alive and the love triangle going but because I think there's a lot more character progression to come from Jennifer. I think she could learn a lot by staying in, whereas we've seen all we're going to see of Rex who clearly doesn't want to be there any more. I noticed Darnell pushing his opinions down people's throats again. I know he means well and the opinion isn't entirely without merit but there was just no need for such negativity about their reaction to Mikey's punch bag antics. Cheering Mikey made Mikey feel good and made them feel good so where's the down side? Right now I want Rachel to win. She's a sweet, caring, fun-loving girl whose a lot stronger and more sensible than her accomplice in positivity, Kathreya. The other side might call her a fence-sitter but I notice she wasn't shy in voicing her opinion that they should keep their opinions to themselves and she sussed out Luke long before anyone else Regards Julian

The show has been on 4 weeks now and I don't think it's possible to act for so long so what you see on screen is the true character of the housemates. Rachel is a nice person, Kathreya is a sensitive person.  Is British society so bad that people can not see this and think it's impossible to be a nice or sensitive person?  I think Kathreya thinks that Rex is going and does not like the prospect of losing one of her friends and having to put up with the nasty gang.  Fortunately for her she has nothing to worry about.

I think Luke is being himself.  It would be a strange gameplan otherwise if he was pretending to be a vindictive bitch who tells bare faced lies behind peoples backs.  He had the "Glyn Wise" effect for the first week or so and was seen as the naive young man who may go on a "Journey".  For a lot of people that has gone now and more and more are seeing him for what he is and are getting fed up with him just like they did with Nikki in BB7. 

Tonight I want Jen out.  I don't go along with why are all the entertaining characters being evicted when it comes to Jen.  I don't find her entertaining in any way.  Her unfinished sentence conversations with Dale are so dull.  The only other thing she does is moan and bitch about Rex, Rachel and Kathreya.  Jen has had decent edits the last 2 nights on the highlight shows.  She spends ages winding Beccy up loading the bullets and then sits back watching Beccy self destruct.  I would much rather watch what the nice housemates are doing rather than what Jen is doing.

I find the way that the housemates treat Mikey a bit uncomfirtable at times.  Darnell had a point that they were treating Mikey like a circus act.  I have Muscular Dystrophy and have to use a wheelchair to get around.  I know first hand what it's like first hand to be patronised by well meaning people.  I am quite capable of looking after myself and don't need a round of applause when I do something.  Did the housemates cheer when Stuart hit the punchball?  They should treat Mikey as an equal and with the same respect they have for the others.  Darnell's only problem is the way he gets his point accross, He is not the most tactfull of people.  He is right in what he says but is a bit like a bull in a china shop.

Rachel and Darnell are my 2 favourites by quite a distance this year.  Rachel really is a nice person and the longer she is in the house the better as far as I am concerned.  I do feel Darnell is a winner though.  He shows that you don't have to join a group or be a fence sitter.  He manages to mix with everyone  and is also not prepared to surpress is feelings if he feels he sees someone doing the wrong thing.  If he see what he believes to be an injustice he lets people know about it and does not worry about making himself unpopular if they don't like what he has to say.  He will pick up nominations because of this but the public decide who leaves and not the housemates.  I think he has a good chance of winning. 

ofni
Posted 4/7/2008 12:26 (#29654 - in reply to #29174)

Sky's TV news website have a feature on "Who's Joining the BB House? " with the current rumours/leaks about three new female HMs tonight. This is accompanied by a gallery of BB babes of times present and past, plus a poll of some of them for "hottest Big Brother girl yet" - candidates are Aisleyne, Chanelle, Jennifer ( ?) , Michelle Bass and Imogen, who is currently leading followed by Chanelle then Aisleyne.

http://tv.sky.com/whos-joining-the-bb-house

Edited by ofni 4/7/2008 12:27
sophie
Posted 4/7/2008 13:30 (#29656 - in reply to #29174)

OMG! how 2 faced was luke last night talkin about kat! slagging her off..she walks in..starts talking to her nicely..as soon as shes out the room..hes bitching about her again with jen!
Julian
Posted 4/7/2008 13:40 (#29657 - in reply to #29656)

Executive Member

premierscfc - 4/7/2008 10:26
I think Luke is being himself. It would be a strange gameplan otherwise if he was pretending to be a vindictive bitch who tells bare faced lies behind peoples backs.

By not himself I mean that he seems to be constantly performing. Not that I have a problem with that aspect of him since I like the performance but it's like he's in constant comedian/presenter mode! I've made allowances for his underhanded behaviour and negative opinions for some time because of his entertainment value but it's getting to the point where I can't keep making allowances

Darnell's only problem is the way he gets his point accross, He is not the most tactfull of people. He is right in what he says but is a bit like a bull in a china shop.

He's still in my top three but his lack of people skills is why he's not my favourite right now. He's sad that he can't call anyone a close friend in the house but I think it's largely self-inflicted. I wouldn't be overly upset if he won, though.

Regards

Julian
premierscfc
Posted 4/7/2008 22:03 (#29662 - in reply to #29174)

Jennifer has been evicted with 89.7% of the vote.  It's not her fault though according to her.  It was the people who she was friends with fault because they were bitching.
premierscfc
Posted 4/7/2008 23:08 (#29665 - in reply to #29174)

Davina is awful tonight.  She gave Suzie (BB7) and Kara Louise (BB8) a harder time than she is giving Jen.  Seems like the nicer you are the worse Davina treats you.  One sentence tonight about one of the most controversial incidents in the history of BB.
ofni
Posted 4/7/2008 23:08 (#29666 - in reply to #29651)

ofni - 4/7/2008 08:38

Current indications are that BB9 may soon get even more interesting.

And here's Maysoon, Belinda and Sara

http://photo.wenn.com/index.php?ref=big%20brother%20new%20

Julian
Posted 5/7/2008 01:34 (#29669 - in reply to #29665)

Executive Member

I didn't see anything wrong with Davina's interview. I thought Jen came across very well. There's not a lot Davina can do when the housemate just agrees with all her criticism

Regards

Julian
Julian
Posted 6/7/2008 23:30 (#29688 - in reply to #29669)

Executive Member

I really like Sara, not sure about Maysoon but she seems ok.

I'm not warming to Belinda, to be honest. She reminds me of Jayne from BB7: a bolshy, larger than life woman who has clearly watched the show avidly and is using her outside knowledge to try to garner favour with the viewers.

Picking Rachel first for the punching task, as mentioned on BBLB, was almost certainly because Rachel is popular on the outside. Then telling Mario she wants Darnell to win

I guess it's a bit early to judge but I'm not keen

Regards

Julian
premierscfc
Posted 7/7/2008 10:12 (#29690 - in reply to #29174)

I think Belinda will be a 2 week wonder.  She may be a bit of fun for a short time but will soon get on peoples nerves.  She has already dropped not so subtle hints as to how certain housemates are seen by the viewers.  I think we will all be glad to see the back of her when she goes.
ofni
Posted 7/7/2008 21:35 (#29698 - in reply to #29643)

secrethousemate - 3/7/2008 15:45

ofni - 3/7/2008 14:17

http://www.heatworld.com/Article/6293/Ziggy+and+Steph+DENY+that+the...

He's done wonders for Ziggy's 'career' hasn't he?

HE SAYS he made him £750,000? Collect a good few pinches of salt before clicking link: to see what our Aussie friend has to say about BBHMs and fame/money

http://www.channel4.com/bigbrother/news/newsstory.jsp?id=5801

Jump to page : < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... >
Now viewing page 5 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread