You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Forum

The Autobiography - "Aisleyne: Surviving Guns, Gangs and Glamour"
Moderators: Admin, Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2 3 4 5 6
Now viewing page 3 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Aisleyne -> Aisleyne NewsMessage format

boldjohn
Posted 13/2/2009 22:54 (#31801 - in reply to #31731)
Subject: RE: The Autobiography - "Aisleyne: Surviving Guns, Gangs and Glamour"

Executive Member

ofni - 5/2/2009 12:15

Bit more book gossip:

Apparently, marketing of the book is scheduled to commence from some time in March, which is when production of the book begins, to ensure the book is as topical as possible.

So until then, I'm not expecting much in the way of stories to appear relating to the book. Even after promotion/marketing commences Aisleyne will still not be discussing the actual contents of the book prior to publication in interviews etc. Like she said in that T4 party interview "You'll have to buy the book.."

I'm sure we will be familiar with many of the experiences Ash has written about. New stories would be most welcome. The less content I see or hear about before I buy it, the happier I'll be. I don't usually like to delve too much into personal lives, but this will be an exception. Exciting times ahead.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
emptybox
Posted 14/2/2009 14:08 (#31805 - in reply to #28706)

I believe Ash is getting the first proof of her book from the publishers at the begining of next week, so that's exciting.

It has to read, and any corrections that are required, have to be noted, before it's returned to the publishers at the start of the following week.

ofni
Posted 25/2/2009 08:33 (#31892 - in reply to #28706)
Subject: Re: The Autobiography - "Aisleyne: Surviving Guns, Gangs and Glamour"

I understand that Aisleyne finished checking and correcting the first proof of her book Tuesday night - the book is due to go to the printers in approximately 2 weeks.

Tomorrow (Thursday) she is scheduled to have another of the regular meetings with Mainstream to discuss marketing matters relating to the book.

Edited by ofni 25/2/2009 08:34
ofni
Posted 4/3/2009 08:51 (#31937 - in reply to #28706)

Some eager anticipation of the book from this blogger, who packs rather a lot of information into a very concise blog entry.

Interestingly they admit to having been in a minority in their circle by not liking Aisleyne during BB7, but they have clearly seen the light subsequently. Who could argue with this conclusion?

"2009’s essential reading? Yes please. Bring it on."

http://www.karinski.net/index.php?s=aisleyne&sbutt=Go

Edited by ofni 4/3/2009 08:53
secrethousemate
Posted 7/3/2009 10:24 (#31973 - in reply to #28706)

Aisleyne's book appears in the January-July catalogue at Mainstream:

http://www.mainstreampublishing.com/pdf/Catalogue%202009%20FCP%20we...
ofni
Posted 7/3/2009 12:47 (#31974 - in reply to #31973)

secrethousemate - 7/3/2009 10:24

Aisleyne's book appears in the January-July catalogue at Mainstream:

http://www.mainstreampublishing.com/pdf/Catalogue%202009%20FCP%20we...

Thanks for ferreting that out, shm

I see that coincidentally the first book in the catalogue is "Facing Tyson - Fifteen Fighters, Fifteen Stories" and is about " the reality of coming face to face with the ‘Baddest Man on the Planet'."

Edited by ofni 7/3/2009 12:48
boldjohn
Posted 7/3/2009 20:29 (#31975 - in reply to #31937)

Executive Member

ofni - 4/3/2009 08:51

Some eager anticipation of the book from this blogger, who packs rather a lot of information into a very concise blog entry.

Interestingly they admit to having been in a minority in their circle by not liking Aisleyne during BB7, but they have clearly seen the light subsequently. Who could argue with this conclusion?

"2009’s essential reading? Yes please. Bring it on."

http://www.karinski.net/index.php?s=aisleyne&sbutt=Go

Nice blog.
It is good to see people admit to starting to like Aisleyne after all this time.
secrethousemate
Posted 15/3/2009 08:37 (#32010 - in reply to #28706)

Another outlet is selling the book:

http://www.play.com/Books/Books/-/100/157/-/9101005/Aisleyne/Produc...

ofni
Posted 15/3/2009 17:10 (#32013 - in reply to #28706)

Rather intriguingly, it seems to be on order at Stirling Library - on behalf of Cornton Vale Women's Prison.

http://lib.stirling.gov.uk/ipac20/ipac.jsp?session=1236165Y4E3G3.34...
emptybox
Posted 15/3/2009 23:36 (#32014 - in reply to #32013)

One hesitates to comment.  

secrethousemate
Posted 16/3/2009 15:09 (#32015 - in reply to #28706)

Well Ash was a model prisoner during BB7 :-)
ofni
Posted 9/4/2009 12:15 (#32218 - in reply to #28706)

Some book news:

At present book related promotion is unlikely to start before w/c 27th April to maximise impact at launch day of 7th May.

Some TV, radio, newspaper and magazine interviews are already agreed, and there are more to be arranged. As various factors (eg need to maximise Aisleyne's time) may cause dates/times for individual interviews to be amended, it's likely that there will only be short notice of firm timing, certainly during the weeks of 4th and 11th May. So keep logging on for the latest news during that time.

Regarding signings - Aisleyne will be signing copies of books in various stores from 7th May. At present these will mainly be in the home counties as she'll be need in London for other promo work most days so she can't stray too far. No precise locations available yet, but think Bluewater and similar.

As Aisleyne hinted in her diary entry, there is a celeb launch party being arranged. May be more details on that next week, when invites are scheduled to start going out.

'Xcitin', innit?

Edited by ofni 9/4/2009 12:17
emptybox
Posted 9/4/2009 21:05 (#32225 - in reply to #32218)

ofni - 9/4/2009 12:15 'Xcitin', innit?

'Tis.

Bet Ash is on tenterhooks.

boldjohn
Posted 10/4/2009 16:42 (#32226 - in reply to #32218)

Executive Member

ofni - 9/4/2009 12:15

Some book news:

At present book related promotion is unlikely to start before w/c 27th April to maximise impact at launch day of 7th May.

Some TV, radio, newspaper and magazine interviews are already agreed, and there are more to be arranged. As various factors (eg need to maximise Aisleyne's time) may cause dates/times for individual interviews to be amended, it's likely that there will only be short notice of firm timing, certainly during the weeks of 4th and 11th May. So keep logging on for the latest news during that time.

Regarding signings - Aisleyne will be signing copies of books in various stores from 7th May. At present these will mainly be in the home counties as she'll be need in London for other promo work most days so she can't stray too far. No precise locations available yet, but think Bluewater and similar.

As Aisleyne hinted in her diary entry, there is a celeb launch party being arranged. May be more details on that next week, when invites are scheduled to start going out.

'Xcitin', innit?

I look forward to hearing all about it and I hope she's kept busy at the book signings.

Edited by boldjohn 10/4/2009 16:44
mich007
Posted 15/4/2009 13:41 (#32273 - in reply to #28706)

It will be interesting to see how the book is received.

It's a gamble when you do something like this, also I think very brave, to expose yourself in such a way. When you were in the house their was a mixed reaction to your presence, some loved you and some didn't. No doubt this will stir things up again. Some may be pleasantly surprised others may be nasty judgmental etc...(Depends on the content and what you share I suppose) Personally I wouldn't couldn't do it, I suppose it depends on how guarded you are. The reality is when you put yourself out there you will and do provoke a response good and/or bad....

It's interesting that another x-BB contestant (won't mention the name to give them anymore publicity) decides to release a book on exactly the same day as Aisleyne. Perhaps whoever advised this wants to try and stir up something again, If I am right it is very childish and perhaps a little desperate....

Not sure how well your book will do but what will be will be.....
boldjohn
Posted 18/4/2009 00:47 (#32290 - in reply to #32273)

Executive Member

mich007 - 15/4/2009 13:41

It will be interesting to see how the book is received.

It's a gamble when you do something like this, also I think very brave, to expose yourself in such a way. When you were in the house their was a mixed reaction to your presence, some loved you and some didn't. No doubt this will stir things up again. Some may be pleasantly surprised others may be nasty judgmental etc...(Depends on the content and what you share I suppose) Personally I wouldn't couldn't do it, I suppose it depends on how guarded you are. The reality is when you put yourself out there you will and do provoke a response good and/or bad....

It's interesting that another x-BB contestant (won't mention the name to give them anymore publicity) decides to release a book on exactly the same day as Aisleyne. Perhaps whoever advised this wants to try and stir up something again, If I am right it is very childish and perhaps a little desperate....

Not sure how well your book will do but what will be will be.....

The only certainty is that Aisleyne has a good story to tell. It is in the interest of the general public to buy it.
ofni
Posted 21/4/2009 14:37 (#32310 - in reply to #28706)

Book gossip:

As mentioned in the Groucho Club thread, Aisleyne met yesterday with the publishers to discuss book matters, such as sorting out signing dates, interviews, appearances, etc.

Publication day is only two weeks off now so there should be details emerging soon on these matters, as well as the launch party.

So stay tuned....
ofni
Posted 28/4/2009 07:27 (#32364 - in reply to #28706)

How very dare she?

The Independent's Pandora thinks "out of the box" as she displays some misplaced irony and exhibits an unfortunate ignorance as she casts a sceptical eye over the Winehouse/Tyson/Brooker endorsements on Aisleyne's book cover. Fancy doubting Charlie's integrity ! Wouldn't be because he's a GUARDIAN columnist, would it?

The headline is "High praise indeed for Aisleyne's book " and it goes on to say "Not a moment too soon, the must-have tome for Pandora's holiday has arrived". Ringing endorsement indeed!

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/pandora/pandora-paxmans-pe...

Still, there's no such thing as bad publicity, eh?

Edited by ofni 28/4/2009 07:31
secrethousemate
Posted 28/4/2009 09:58 (#32367 - in reply to #28706)

This article appears on page 17 of today's Independent, together with a small photo of Ash
secrethousemate
Posted 28/4/2009 10:09 (#32368 - in reply to #32367)

"Rival Big Brother babes Aisleyne Horgan-Wallace and Nikki Grahame are set to go head-to-head in a bitch fight to the end after launching their autobiographies in the same week. ", says Sunday's Daily Star in their 'Rehab' section on page 20.

emptybox
Posted 28/4/2009 11:46 (#32370 - in reply to #32368)

secrethousemate - 28/4/2009 10:09 "Rival Big Brother babes Aisleyne Horgan-Wallace and Nikki Grahame are set to go head-to-head in a bitch fight to the end after launching their autobiographies in the same week. ", says Sunday's Daily Star in their 'Rehab' section on page 20.

Daily Star. Direct and to the point as always.

ofni
Posted 28/4/2009 17:25 (#32376 - in reply to #28706)

As you can imagine, matters are reaching fever pitch at Aisleyne HQ, and arrangements are still rather fluid, but here is the current state of play for next week's plan of action.

Monday - a photoshoot,

Tuesday - Another magazine "exclusive", plus the "confectionery" promotion in the afternoon and a radio interview in the evening.

Wednesday - Launch party

Thursday - (Publication Day!) , morning - 3 hours in BBC TV Centre recording interviews, afternoon - Sky, late evening - co-presenting a national radio show.

Friday - Interviews and possible signing,

Saturday - Signings.

Other interviews being arranged around these.

Keep logging in for further updates!

Edited by ofni 28/4/2009 18:37
secrethousemate
Posted 28/4/2009 18:33 (#32378 - in reply to #28706)

well that's a busy week - best of luck to Ash for all these things!

emptybox
Posted 28/4/2009 19:13 (#32380 - in reply to #28706)

She's certainly going to be kept busy for the foreseeable.
emptybox
Posted 28/4/2009 19:33 (#32382 - in reply to #28706)

I think one of the Saturday signings mentioned above (Sat 9th May) is likely to be at Waterstones, Lakeside, according to this link.

It's at noon, but as the link says, events may be changed at short notice, so better to check nearer the time.

Jump to page : 1 2 3 4 5 6
Now viewing page 3 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread