You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Forum

Jermaine
Moderators: Admin, Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General -> Big Brother & OthersMessage format

Odm
Posted 28/1/2007 23:03 (#1275)
Subject: Jermaine

The winner for me was Jermaine.

He was the only person we could learn 'anything' from.

Rock on Jermaine...YOU ARE THE STAR!

Top of the page Bottom of the page
becki
Posted 28/1/2007 23:33 (#1279 - in reply to #1275)
Subject: Re: Jermaine

Executive Member

Awww, i am well happy that Shilpa won. I did like Jermaine but Shilpa is a true star and deserved it so much. The way she forgave Jade, Danielle, Jack and Jo was really amazing. We should all have so much respect for Shilpa, shes fab!
Odm
Posted 29/1/2007 01:00 (#1306 - in reply to #1279)

becki - 28/1/2007 23:33 Awww, i am well happy that Shilpa won. I did like Jermaine but Shilpa is a true star and deserved it so much. The way she forgave Jade, Danielle, Jack and Jo was really amazing. We should all have so much respect for Shilpa, shes fab!

If Shilpa had not 'forgiven' the housemates that were rude to her Becki, there would have been absolute political hell going on let alone great problems for the makers of BB. I think you will eventually discover that Shilpa may be forgiving, but this PUBLIC forgiveness was a necessary part of keeping the peace in a very difficult situation.  That is not to say that Shilpa did,nt accept their apology...its just that she would most certainly have been told how to react to the situation.

Remember in the house, she ran off and called people racist...she did,nt stand there and forgive them....she forgave them EVENTUALLY  because she had to.

I think the bullying of Shilpa Shetty will be remembered for a long time to come for all the trouble it has caused. Shilpa already said that nobody have ever treated her badly in her life...so the slightest critical remark would have attacked her sensitivities.

Im afraid I am far too cynical to accept everything face value...because I know that this CBB was not KEEPING IT REAL.  I hate these situations to be honest..its so false.

emptybox
Posted 29/1/2007 01:32 (#1312 - in reply to #1275)
Subject: RE: Jermaine

Have to disagree, Izzy.

I think Shilpa's understanding of the situation re Jade, Jo and Danielle was completely genuine. She has never really said that she forgives them (with the exception of Dani, because of her naivete), but she certainly doesn't hold it against them.
I think that's exceptionally generous on her part, and shows what a lovely person she really is.

A certain amount of healthy scepticism where BB is concerned is certainly wise, but I think if they had asked Shilpa to say something particular about forgivness then Russel would have let her say it rather than cutting her off when she was searching for what to say when she was asked what she would say to J,J & D if they were there.

Oh, and she didn't label anyone as racist. After the row she was having a conversation with Cleo about why the girls all hated her. Cleo insisted that racism was not at the back of it. Shilpa said that she thought it might be. A conclusion that she had every right to come to in the circumstances, but which she reconsidered a couple of days later.

Edited by emptybox 29/1/2007 01:38
Odm
Posted 29/1/2007 02:00 (#1315 - in reply to #1312)

Thats alright EB and quite right that we should have a healthy debate about what we think. Interesting too how we all see and hear things quite differently.

I dont have a problem with Shilpa winning CBB and nor do the people who are rubbing their hands about all the money they are going to make out of her.  However she did use the word racist and she did think the comments were racist as many people will remember her saying so in the bedroom.  Cleo as you rightly say told her that SHE did,nt think they were racist comments in reply to Shilpa. The fact that those remarks have long since been retracted and smoothed over is obviously forgotten.

The entire shambles that is CBB this year is disgraceful. Shilpa Shetty won for reasons of political correctness. This country is very mindful of its multiracial population and it certainly wont do to have a programme like Big Brother beaming out racial comments from one housemate to another and upsetting cultures and creeds. 

We have been primed in the press for at least the last week that Shilpa Shetty, will, should, is expected ....ect to win CBB. It is the only way Britain can be forgiven for the unforgivable insult to India and its population and it was the only way to send out an apology worldwide if you like to insist that Britain is not racist and that the programme in no way reflects the opinion of the British Public.

I will once again say it is disgraceful that this young woman was bullied on CBB as she most certainly was.  But if we are to let Shilpa win on that basis then Aisleyne should have won previously.  Shilpa had the press and the entire weight of her own Country bearing down on this bullying situation and there was NO WAY that this girl was going to walk out of the house other than as the winner.  It was the only compensation that could have been given under the circumstances. What makes me so cross is that inside the house Aisleyne was bullied and at the same time, the press were bullying her outside.   Regardless of what anyone else thinks, I personally have a problem about that.

Its called, whats good for the goose is good for the gander...

Julian
Posted 31/1/2007 00:13 (#1503 - in reply to #1315)

Executive Member

Odm - 29/1/2007 02:00
Shilpa Shetty won for reasons of political correctness.

Shilpa was in my top 3 from the start and she became my favourte before any of this racism stuff kicked off so I can definitely say that, from my point of view, she was a deserving winner quite irrespective of any Political Correctness or sympathy vote.

In my eyes she showed herself to be a wonderful human being. Kind, considerate, talented, respectful, well-mannered, dutiiful to her parents, incredibly forgiving, restrained, dignified, spiritual, beautiful, magnaminous, patriotic...

The superlatives go on and on. Despite her background she was happy to do the menial tasks - cooking for the group even though they never thanked her for it.

Jermaine showed many of the same attributes but, as Dirk said, he tended to sit back a lot and watch things unfold. Shilpa put in the effort to join in and integrate and on that basis alone deserved to beat Jermaine.

There was absolutely no question about it, in my view. Shilpa deserved to win hands down

Regards

Julian
emptybox
Posted 31/1/2007 01:41 (#1515 - in reply to #1275)

I agree whole-heartedly Julian!
becki
Posted 31/1/2007 18:59 (#1604 - in reply to #1306)

Executive Member

Odm - 29/1/2007 01:00

becki - 28/1/2007 23:33 Awww, i am well happy that Shilpa won. I did like Jermaine but Shilpa is a true star and deserved it so much. The way she forgave Jade, Danielle, Jack and Jo was really amazing. We should all have so much respect for Shilpa, shes fab!

If Shilpa had not 'forgiven' the housemates that were rude to her Becki, there would have been absolute political hell going on let alone great problems for the makers of BB. I think you will eventually discover that Shilpa may be forgiving, but this PUBLIC forgiveness was a necessary part of keeping the peace in a very difficult situation.  That is not to say that Shilpa did,nt accept their apology...its just that she would most certainly have been told how to react to the situation.

Remember in the house, she ran off and called people racist...she did,nt stand there and forgive them....she forgave them EVENTUALLY  because she had to.

I think the bullying of Shilpa Shetty will be remembered for a long time to come for all the trouble it has caused. Shilpa already said that nobody have ever treated her badly in her life...so the slightest critical remark would have attacked her sensitivities.

Im afraid I am far too cynical to accept everything face value...because I know that this CBB was not KEEPING IT REAL.  I hate these situations to be honest..its so false.

Shilpa forgave them because thats the sort of person she is.
At the time, she was annoyed. She has only just been shouted at by Jade, and the other girls were laughing. She would have been upset and angry. But they said sorry and she forgave them. Shilpa is ace lol x
Ash Fans
Posted 1/2/2007 17:47 (#1761 - in reply to #1275)

Shilpa was always the deserving winner for me but my second fave was Jermaine!
becki
Posted 3/2/2007 00:39 (#2207 - in reply to #1761)

Executive Member

Ash Fans - 1/2/2007 17:47

Shilpa was always the deserving winner for me but my second fave was Jermaine!

Yeah i agree.
I did like Jermaine, i like Dirk too, but Shilpa was my fav! But Aisleyne will always be my fav housemate of all time
ofni
Posted 3/2/2007 01:10 (#2210 - in reply to #1275)

Aisleyne and Jermaine are right next to each other in this week's celebdaq dividend list.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread