You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Forum

Jo pockets her NOTW story money.
Moderators: Admin, Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General -> Big Brother & OthersMessage format

Odm
Posted 28/1/2007 02:20 (#1227)
Subject: Jo pockets her NOTW story money.

I read on BBGEN that Jo is supposed to have sold her story to the NOTW and has decided to keep the fee and not donate it to charity..

I read she is in 34K of debt which is rather a lot of money to be in debt with as a single person. This is all hearsay though until it is in print....take it with a pinch of salt..

Top of the page Bottom of the page
ofni
Posted 28/1/2007 10:04 (#1237 - in reply to #1227)
Subject: RE: Jo pockets her NOTW story money.

Odm - 28/1/2007 02:20

This is all hearsay though until it is in print....

Hearsay? i thought she was in S Club 7?
premierscfc
Posted 28/1/2007 11:26 (#1240 - in reply to #1227)

I'm
not sorry and I will do it again

She seems to be trying to front up and defend her behaviour. She disappointed me so much. I was pleased to see her go in the house and thought she might be fun but I got her totally wrong.
Julian
Posted 28/1/2007 12:55 (#1244 - in reply to #1240)

Executive Member

I'm not at all surprised she's keeping the money. Because she isn't guilty of what they're accusing her of and giving the money to charity would be an admission of guilt.

I remember that comment about Indians being thin because their food was undercooked. At the time I also thought that the idea that Indians were thin was a complimentary generalization and the comment was clearly just a joke aimed at Shilpa's cooking with no wider connotation at all. I didn't think twice about it until it started turning up in all the edited footage designed to portray racism

Regards

Julian
premierscfc
Posted 28/1/2007 13:43 (#1245 - in reply to #1227)

Jo o'Meara is certainly guilty of being a bully. Her own family have stated that they are disappointed. The comments about Indians being thin was part of a discussion about hygiene and cleanliness (they were talking about not knowing where Shilpa's hands have been). She even turned her attentions to Dirk gloating when she thought he was near breaking point and it would not take much more to make him break. I don't pay much attention to highlight shows anymore, the live feed showed a lot of bad behaviour which did not make the highlights. I saw Jo, Cleo and Danielle plotting to wind Dirk up just one day after Jade left.

Wether she keeps her fee or not is irrelevant, Jade giving hers away makes no difference to how I feel about her. It is quite easy for someone with 8 million quid to make a gesture and decide to give a fee away, Jo is in danger of losing her house so was not in a position to make such a gesture.

She has obviously recieved no advice since leaving the house and this article will do her no favours at all. She is now being feted on a well known extreme right wing web site.
sophie
Posted 28/1/2007 13:46 (#1246 - in reply to #1245)
Subject: Re: Jo pockets her NOTW story money.

i hate jo..she shud give the money to charity.. shes going to be selling her story now in loads of diffrent magazines.. saying she was right to do what she did..just so she can pocket more money.. shes in the wrong..she knows shes guilt really
becki
Posted 28/1/2007 13:52 (#1248 - in reply to #1227)
Subject: Re: Jo pockets her NOTW story money.

Executive Member

Jo needs the money, so i think thats why she has pocketed it.
I dont understand Jo though, instead of saying Sorry, she doesnt, which just makes things worse for herself.
yoda
Posted 28/1/2007 14:19 (#1251 - in reply to #1227)

I think Jo is the worst one out of the CBB5 bullies. She is not sorry and she cant see she has done anything wrong.

In life you can come across bullies like that. They dont even know what they are doing to you, let alone care.
sophie
Posted 28/1/2007 14:38 (#1252 - in reply to #1251)

yoda - 28/1/2007 14:19 I think Jo is the worst one out of the CBB5 bullies. She is not sorry and she cant see she has done anything wrong. In life you can come across bullies like that. They dont even know what they are doing to you, let alone care.

yeh i know some like that

Julian
Posted 28/1/2007 15:04 (#1255 - in reply to #1245)

Executive Member

premierscfc - 28/1/2007 13:43

Jo o'Meara is certainly guilty of being a bully. Her own family have stated that they are disappointed. The comments about Indians being thin was part of a discussion about hygiene and cleanliness (they were talking about not knowing where Shilpa's hands have been).

The comment about not knowing where her hands had been was part of a discussion about how Shilpa was always helping herself to food off of other peoples' plates with her fingers. Which, if true, would be a fairly reasonable criticism! It had nothing to do with a discussion about hygiene!

The comment about Indians being thin was part of a discussion about how Shilpa had undercooked the chicken. Jo, was actually moderating that discussion, by suggesting that maybe it wasn't about Shilpa being a bad cook, maybe, in India, it's normal not to cook chickens as long. That was then turned into a joke which, admittedly, was perhaps not in the best of taste, about how maybe that's an explanation for why Indian's aren't fat (because they're always getting sick from undercooked chickens).

As far as I could see it was all about her dislike of Shilpa and nothing to do with any dislike of Indians in general.

As for the bullying thing. In all of the clips they showed there was only one thing that looked remotely like bullying and that was when she laughed during the argument with Jade. I totally buy that it was more nervous laughter than a deliberate attempt to make Shilpa feel bad. To me, bullying is about using a position of strength to deliberately intimidate and demean someone. It has nothing to do with arguing with someone, disagreeing with someone, disliking someone or even bitching about them behind their back.

As for the planned wind-up of Dirk. It was just a question of getting their own back on someone who had been, as they saw it, extremely rude and mean to them .But it was Cleo who was the ringleader of that and, in the event, it was just talk.

At the end of the day people are always doing and saying things they regret in that house. When Imogen was friends with Grace she would laugh along with Grace's bitchy comments about Aisleyne and even made a few herself. Now Aisleyne and Imogen are the best of friends. Aisleyne's treatment of Nikki the week she was nominated was pretty nasty. Aisleyne regretted it and apologized for it when she returned to the house but Nikki felt intimidated by it and was convinced that Aisleyne hated her long after Aisleyne thought they'd made up. The same people crying bully today could easily have cried bully at Aisleyne that week or at Imogen in weeks before.

If Jo made Shilpa feel alienated I am quite sure it wasn't intentional. I don't think she was a bully at all. The worst thing that could be said about Jo, IMO, was that she was a bit of a grouch.

Regards

Julian
premierscfc
Posted 28/1/2007 16:11 (#1257 - in reply to #1255)

Julian - 28/1/2007 15:04

premierscfc - 28/1/2007 13:43

Jo o'Meara is certainly guilty of being a bully. Her own family have stated that they are disappointed. The comments about Indians being thin was part of a discussion about hygiene and cleanliness (they were talking about not knowing where Shilpa's hands have been).

The comment about not knowing where her hands had been was part of a discussion about how Shilpa was always helping herself to food off of other peoples' plates with her fingers. Which, if true, would be a fairly reasonable criticism! It had nothing to do with a discussion about hygiene!

The comment "you don't know where her hands have been" is certainly about hygiene. What else could it have been.

Jade seems to accept that it was bullying. Trevor Phillips - Chairman of the Commission for Equality and Human Rights goes one step further in his opinions.

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/jade4_phillips.shtml

Here is a small quote from the above article.

"Friday's vote made it clear that the British people disagreed with them. They instinctively knew that when Jade, Danielle and Jo switched from talking about Shilpa as a person, and started taking a pop at "the Indian" —questioning her hygiene, mimicking her accent and mocking her name—they weren't just bullying one individual."

The only sympathy I have for Jo is that she is not being advised and looked after like Jade was. The lid may have already been closing on her career as a celebrity but this article in the Sunday Mirror is a nail in that lid.
premierscfc
Posted 28/1/2007 18:21 (#1271 - in reply to #1227)

Here's what Jo's Indian relatives think of it all.

Jo's Indian relatives
emptybox
Posted 29/1/2007 00:58 (#1305 - in reply to #1227)

I think giving interview money to charity is an empty gesture, and is just part of Jade's masterplan to get back public support. It's not needed from Jo.

I haven't read the piece, but if Jo is showing no contrition for her treatment of Shilpa, then that is a great shame.

eta: I've just followed premierscfc's link above, and that is a very stupid interview from Jo.
Fair enough not to like Shilpa, but to still insist that Shilpa was partly to blame for the oxo cube row, is unforgivable.

R.I.P. Jo O'Meara's career prospects.

Edited by emptybox 29/1/2007 01:09
Odm
Posted 29/1/2007 02:29 (#1318 - in reply to #1305)

Magazines and Newspapers will exploit any situation to sell you their wares. If Jo sells her story to the papers DONT BUY THE PAPERS. Thats the answer to that. Its simple. However, they KNOW we will buy the mags and they KNOW we will buy the papers so we are all our own worst enemy.  We just reward the people in this life that have done wrong.  I dont mind forgiving anybody but to reward them makes them guilt free.   So Jo will be rewarded for her misdemeanours because we the public let it happen.

We really are all too blame that people get away with so much these days.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread