You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Forum

Cleo and Jo to cushion the blow..
Moderators: Admin, Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General -> Big Brother & OthersMessage format

Odm
Posted 26/1/2007 21:54 (#1154)
Subject: Cleo and Jo to cushion the blow..

Thats what they are saying on DS..they are also saying that when Danielle comes out she will come out as one of a pair too as they are hoping to cushion the blow of boos and the general displeasure and disregard of these two girls following the racist remarks.

Jo clearly was aware that she was not popular.  There is something about Jo that makes me feel she has fallen a long way down a fjord and lost some essence of herself somewhere along the line.  There is something about people who are someone and then lose belief they ever were.   Jo has lost her way I feel..I dont know whether she is going to come out of this well either...not the interview but in her life in general.  Time will tell I guess.  As for Cleo..she really loved Kenny Everett of that I am certain.. and lives in some kind of time warp if you ask me.  I wonder if she will get anything positive out of the BB experience...

again....time will tell.

Edited by Odm 26/1/2007 21:56
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Odm
Posted 26/1/2007 22:47 (#1161 - in reply to #1154)
Subject: RE: Cleo and Jo to cushion the blow..

I have just been watching the eviction interview with Jo.  I cant help feeling people are not going to be 'satisfied' with some of her answers.

It seemed that Jo was very casual and said very little...its was a bit...' oh did I say that..oh it was,nt really like that...oh I laugh when Im nervous..' etc etc...

I can imagine DS having a field day somehow.

Edited by Odm 26/1/2007 22:48
ofni
Posted 27/1/2007 00:04 (#1162 - in reply to #1154)
Subject: Re: Cleo and Jo to cushion the blow..

I get the feeling that whereas "they" coached and stage-managed Jade's interview tto the nth degree, they basically left Jo to her own devices to hang herself. No crowd for Jade. Baying mob for panic-attack Jo. Without excusing anything she did or said, I'm not seeing a level playing field here.
Interested Observer
Posted 27/1/2007 00:19 (#1166 - in reply to #1154)

I agree that the producers feared another heavily criticised eviction night and thought that two evictees would give them a chance of finding a straw to clutch. Jo and Cleo being evicted was probably the producers worst case scenario. All they had to work with from the two evictees was racism allegations and bullying, Jo’s lacklustre attitude, sitting in her dressing gown, smoking and saying “I’m not gonna do it” and Cleo’s saddening attempts to revive unfunny support characters.

I felt that the resulting interviews were a disgrace. Jo obviously doesn’t have the John Noel Management protection that Jade has, because Davina and the video clips, didn’t pull many punches. However, Jo was defiant and seemed as uninterested as she had been in the house. Her only defence was “I don’t remember that”. Cleo’s interview seemed to be scripted and was as entertaining as paint drying. The Dirk bullying, which was probably the reason she was evicted, was not addressed. At the end of the interview I was overcome with the feeling “was that it”.

Edited by Interested Observer 27/1/2007 00:21
Odm
Posted 27/1/2007 01:12 (#1172 - in reply to #1166)

actually what has been overlooked here in our posts is the fact that they had an HOUR after they come out of the house to get their stories straight and be briefed...this was mentioned on DS..but there are some pretty unforgiving people on there that think Jo has been let off because of the time slot.

The way I see it is that Endermol are trying to play it safe...and they are gonna do that the best way they can...so pairing up one of the really bad guys with someone who was,nt ALL that bad is their way of slipping out of the hotseat.

Interestingly people who bully always find excuses when they are faced with their deeds.....I hope Jo learns from this...and Danielle most definately will..that I am sure of..

ofni
Posted 27/1/2007 01:24 (#1173 - in reply to #1154)

i suspect Danielle already knows that the wheels have come off her wagon.

I'm expecting she will spend these last couple of days coming apart at the seams a bit like Ash was coming unstuck in her last week, though I think Dani will get more sensible support from her HMs than Ash did. But on the other hand whereas Aisleyne had that unforgettable catharsis on finals night, Danielle just faces an awful nemesis.
Interested Observer
Posted 27/1/2007 01:30 (#1174 - in reply to #1173)

ofni - 27/1/2007 01:24

i suspect Danielle already knows that the wheels have come off her wagon.

I'm expecting she will spend these last couple of days coming apart at the seams a bit like Ash was coming unstuck in her last week, though I think Dani will get more sensible support from her HMs than Ash did. But on the other hand whereas Aisleyne had that unforgettable catharsis on finals night, Danielle just faces an awful nemesis.

That final BB7 week was so painful.
Odm
Posted 27/1/2007 01:47 (#1175 - in reply to #1174)

Interested Observer - 27/1/2007 01:30
ofni - 27/1/2007 01:24 i suspect Danielle already knows that the wheels have come off her wagon. I'm expecting she will spend these last couple of days coming apart at the seams a bit like Ash was coming unstuck in her last week, though I think Dani will get more sensible support from her HMs than Ash did. But on the other hand whereas Aisleyne had that unforgettable catharsis on finals night, Danielle just faces an awful nemesis.
That final BB7 week was so painful.

I  know it was IO...I still remember everyone rallying like mad on the forum....all the goodwill and the posts flying around everywhere it was totally manic...and I am talking about Aisleynes forum threads...it was the most amazing pull of belief and support for someone that I have ever known...I loved my forum friends on that forum and respected the time and the energy they put in...the votes..OMG ...they were voting in hundreds of pounds...I have never known anything like it ever and no doubt there will be nothing like it again....anyone that sat on that forum will know what I am talking about.   It honestly changed some forumers lives..in fact they forgot they had a life...and its been a long long road to get back to normal..

But some of us are still here from those days...and its great...

Julian
Posted 27/1/2007 02:17 (#1176 - in reply to #1172)

Executive Member

Odm - 27/1/2007 01:12

actually what has been overlooked here in our posts is the fact that they had an HOUR after they come out of the house to get their stories straight and be briefed...this was mentioned on DS..but there are some pretty unforgiving people on there that think Jo has been let off because of the time slot

Davina said during the show that the interviews were being filmed specifically to avoid allegations that anyone was being briefed.

Personally, I thought Jo came across very well. I think Davina would have been harsher if she could but Jo was so incredulous and bemused by the very notion of what they were accusing her of that Davina was completely disarmed. As far as Jo was concerned all the fuss was a lot of blown out-of-proportion nonsense and I agree with her.

I never thought she was racist and still don't think she was racist and even the bullying I'm not convinced about. Not liking someone is not a crime and just because more than one person dislikes someone at the same time it doesn't make it bullying.

Channel 4 are making a big thing about it because the world is watching and they need to cover themselves but in any other year no one would have given the behaviour a second thought.

I personally find all this ill-feeling towards Jade, Jo and Danielle from the press and the public far more disturbing and distressing than anything that happened to Shilpa. People preach tolerance and understanding while showing exactly the opposite. Whatever happened to 'benefit of the doubt' or 'innocent until proven guilty'? I really don't think Shilpa will be impressed

Regards

Julian

Edited by Julian 27/1/2007 02:18
Odm
Posted 27/1/2007 02:39 (#1177 - in reply to #1176)

Julian - 27/1/2007 02:17
Odm - 27/1/2007 01:12

actually what has been overlooked here in our posts is the fact that they had an HOUR after they come out of the house to get their stories straight and be briefed...this was mentioned on DS..but there are some pretty unforgiving people on there that think Jo has been let off because of the time slot

Davina said during the show that the interviews were being filmed specifically to avoid allegations that anyone was being briefed. Personally, I thought Jo came across very well. I think Davina would have been harsher if she could but Jo was so incredulous and bemused by the very notion of what they were accusing her of that Davina was completely disarmed. As far as Jo was concerned all the fuss was a lot of blown out-of-proportion nonsense and I agree with her. I never thought she was racist and still don't think she was racist and even the bullying I'm not convinced about. Not liking someone is not a crime and just because more than one person dislikes someone at the same time it doesn't make it bullying. Channel 4 are making a big thing about it because the world is watching and they need to cover themselves but in any other year no one would have given the behaviour a second thought. I personally find all this ill-feeling towards Jade, Jo and Danielle from the press and the public far more disturbing and distressing than anything that happened to Shilpa. People preach tolerance and understanding while showing exactly the opposite. Whatever happened to 'benefit of the doubt' or 'innocent until proven guilty'? I really don't think Shilpa will be impressed Regards Julian

You should go onto Digital Spy Julian and tell them your views...because a bit of balance over there might be a good thing...

emptybox
Posted 27/1/2007 05:05 (#1189 - in reply to #1154)
Subject: RE: Cleo and Jo to cushion the blow..

I notice they're not showing the evictees, who nominated them this series.
sophie
Posted 27/1/2007 14:40 (#1200 - in reply to #1154)

i dont think it is rite when they cum out in pairs..
Julian
Posted 28/1/2007 12:22 (#1242 - in reply to #1177)

Executive Member

Odm - 27/1/2007 02:39
You should go onto Digital Spy Julian and tell them your views...because a bit of balance over there might be a good thing...

Thanks, Odm

I'm trying to cut down on the confrontation these days, though

Regards

Julian
Odm
Posted 28/1/2007 18:18 (#1270 - in reply to #1242)

Julian - 28/1/2007 12:22
Odm - 27/1/2007 02:39 You should go onto Digital Spy Julian and tell them your views...because a bit of balance over there might be a good thing...
Thanks, Odm I'm trying to cut down on the confrontation these days, though Regards Julian

Yes its a bit tricky over there from what I read sometimes and again still a few hotheads on BBGEN...mind you, I think you put forward a very good view if you could have stood the scrum...I dont mind it sometimes...I make sure I wear big boxing gloves..

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread