You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Forum

Memories of the Summer of Ash
Moderators: Admin, Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General -> Big Brother & OthersMessage format

yoda
Posted 14/8/2007 13:32 (#21279)
Subject: Memories of the Summer of Ash

This year I've not seen any BB (after watching every previous year up until this one) and I havent seen or heard any good reason why I should....

But what about last year, the Summer of Ash! What an amazing time it was. I had never been "involved" emotionally with a BB contestant before but I went through hell and heaven with Ash last year!

.....every Friday night I tried my hardest not to put my boot through the TV when the Rentachav Army yelled abuse at our girl;

.....many was the weekday when I saw the highlights programme of some truly vile and dreadful contestants abusing My Girl in the most sickening way;

.....but finally came the joyful ending, with Queen Aisleyne trouncing all the nasties on Finals Night!

Was it really a year ago? I must dig out my Finals Night tape and watch it again! After spending most of the summer having a nervous breakdown for Ash, I cried tears of joy on that night!

Anybody else got any special memories of the Summer of Ash, a year on?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
becki
Posted 14/8/2007 14:00 (#21280 - in reply to #21279)
Subject: RE: Memories of the Summer of Ash

Executive Member

Awwwwww, what a great thread thanks yoda.
It always takes time for me to like a housemate, but i saw something special in Aisleyne straight away....even if it does sound cheesy...its true!!

I remember the chanting......the little skants shouting 'aisleyne out'....how annoyingggggg. But I admire Aisleyne coz she stayed strong, and she beat them coz she can top girl and is the true winner.

Also, when Aisleyne was voted into the HND!! Seeing her scared like that was proper upsetting....but when she realised she was going into the hnd was ace!!!!!! i had goosebumps lmao.

The final night was sooooo good!! Seeing Aisleynes face when Richard and Nikki went was soooo sweet. She didnt expect to beat them, even though shes the best. She came top girl, and she deserved to coz shes an amazing superstar with a heart of gold.

Aisleyes journey had its ups and downs, but she proved that she is one of a kind.
There will never be anyone else like her ever. Her journey helped me believe in myself and follow my dream. She proved that if you be yourself and show strength you can achieve anything. I could never thank her enough for that. Aisleyne means so much to me, shes my hero forever.xxxxxxx

Edited by becki 14/8/2007 14:10
bengos
Posted 14/8/2007 14:12 (#21282 - in reply to #21279)
Subject: Re: Memories of the Summer of Ash

Executive Member

BB7 was weird for me. I always love BB but it was the first year I really got heavily emotionally involved, and its mainly down to Aisleyne. She showed on her first night towards Sezer that she stands up for what she believes in. She showed when she evicted Jonathan that she has heart and soul.

On her "fake eviction" we say such a human side to her and this is when I started to think we had someone really special on our hands - someone will depth and frailties. Aisleyne made me laugh, made me (almost) cry, made me shout, made me punch the air, and made me think about myself. No other housemate has ever been able to do that.

My main memory is also the chanting, same as Becki. Hearing those chavs and bullies chant her name just made me even more determined to support her, and on final night she had the last laugh.

I don't think about BB7 much now. Aisleyne has moved on, she's not BB's Aisleyne anymore, and the last year has provided me with so many wonderful experiences and memories. I have met some wonderful friends who I will keep close to me forever, I have met the wonderful Aisleyne and it was amazing.

So basically, the Summer of Ash was just the beginning - and I just know we'll have another 20 Summers of Ash. As Becki said she is inspiring, and means a lot to us all.
yoda
Posted 14/8/2007 14:19 (#21284 - in reply to #21279)
Subject: RE: Memories of the Summer of Ash

I think maybe seeing Aisleyne and going through the Summer of Ash made me realise i would probbaly be saying goodbye to BB...after all, I knew there would never be another Ash, or another year like 2006, so I just didnt see the point of watching pale imitations.

I'll only watch it again if Becki or one of you others announces you are going in, then I'll shout for you guys!!

Saj
Posted 14/8/2007 16:51 (#21294 - in reply to #21279)

Before Aisleyne arrived, Pete was my favourite housemate but I couldn't warm to the series. I was seriously thinking of tuning out. After seeing how they treated Shahbaz, I sat there thinking "why am I watching these idiots?"

That all changed when Ash and Sam arrived out of their boxes. Something intrigued me about Ash and the more I watched her, the more I liked her. I remember saying to a friend on the day after Ash entered "Aisleyne will be one to watch. I have a feeling she will make the final" and she did! On the night Grace was chanted out and Susie entered, Ash and Pete were actually my joint fave housemates but on the night Grace was evicted, that all changed. Aisleyne quickly became my firm favourite. I loved how she stood up for Susie and wasn't afraid to tell Grace what she thought of her. What Grace did to Susie was wrong and while Susie's other "so called" friends such as Richard just sat there, Ash stood up and made her feelings known.

Ash being my firm favourite means I backed her, defended her on DS, Felt good when something positive happened to her, felt bad when something negative happened to her. I had never backed a housemate to that degree before. I got more defensive when I saw the reasons people were not liking her. They were truely pathetic reasons.

When the HND twist was announced, weirdly I had another feeling straight away that Ash was the one to be fakely evicted and she was. I loved watching her in there. She was probably the only contestant (out of the bunch at the time) that cared about the HND housemates. She cared when she had to evict one and her reaction when she had to choose between Jonathan and Spiral was real human emotion.

The chants were an unpleasant memory. I still don't know why Ash was chanted out. I do think Nikki being evicted had something to do with it as some Nikki fans couldn't take the fact she went over Ash but the voting doesn't lie and Nikki was clearly more disliked than people think.

The final week was very exciting. Ash's odds were shortening and people thought she may even win (including me). Becki and I were really excited all week. In the end she came 3rd. However, 3rd place (and I heard only 2% of 2nd place) and last girl is something to be proud about, especially for a newcomer.

I doubt there will ever be a hm as good as Aisleyne again. She was unique.

I do believe housemates that didn't like Ash were jealous of her. However, luckily she made some great friends who saw her in the light we do.

Edited by Saj 14/8/2007 16:55
Saj
Posted 14/8/2007 16:53 (#21296 - in reply to #21294)

deleted

Edited by Saj 14/8/2007 16:54
sophie
Posted 15/8/2007 17:30 (#21347 - in reply to #21279)

i loved bb7!! best ever!! because it had my hero aisleyne in it!! i LOVED it when she came top girl..it was a really speical moment that i will never forget. i love looking back at youtube videos of aisleyne in the house..and it makes me think-IVE MET HER!! it gives me chills down my spine!! shes a real hero and deserved every happiness xxxx

Edited by sophie 15/8/2007 17:31
Sadie-Mae
Posted 15/8/2007 22:17 (#21360 - in reply to #21347)

I really love watching the vids on here. I'll often go through the sequence, starting with the day of the eviction when Ash was in peices - just like when it was live, I'm sitting here yelling at the screen "Stick it out, babe, you're in for a lovely surprise." Then going through the evictions, watching the way her face changes - from the first one, where she looks as if she's waiting for execution! Slight releif for the next one - and then the absolute shock when Nicki's name was called. Then a lot happier for the fourth, and gobsmacked again that it was Richard. And finally looking as happy as a lamb when she came third. I still cheer at that!!!
sophie
Posted 15/8/2007 22:44 (#21361 - in reply to #21279)

aww thats a really nice post sadie-mae ano what you mean about the housenext door..i felt soooooo sorry for ash..i was like noooo dont worry..and then the final night was FAB!! lol awwwam sooo proud of aisleyne!!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread