You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Forum

Amy
Moderators: Admin, Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General -> Big Brother & OthersMessage format

Interested Observer
Posted 1/8/2007 21:22 (#20335)
Subject: Amy

Amy has entered the main house and is a full BB8 housemate. There is some anti Amy sentiment in the main house. The worry is that she could be bullied in the same way that BB7 housemates tried to bully Aisleyne. I feel some DS:BB support growing for Amy, in the same way that it did for Aisleyne.

I don't think that Amy is as strong as Aisleyne but I feel she deserves some support.

Edited by Interested Observer 1/8/2007 21:24
Top of the page Bottom of the page
premierscfc
Posted 1/8/2007 21:26 (#20336 - in reply to #20335)
Subject: RE: Amy

Brian has marked her card as to what she can expect.  I don't want Amy to win but I would love her to outlast Carole.  Hopefully the public will see through what is going on and support Amy.
Saj
Posted 1/8/2007 22:25 (#20337 - in reply to #20335)
Subject: Re: Amy

I can see Amy becoming a popular contestant
I am not a fan of hers yet but I don't dislike her. I think she is going to be a very interesting contestant.
Carole and Gerry have alrady been quite nasty about her but like Ash, Amy will rise above it
emptybox
Posted 1/8/2007 23:07 (#20341 - in reply to #20335)

Well Liam likes her and will presumably convert the twins at least.

If it creates a bit of tension between Liam and Carole, perhaps Carole will show her true colours and get evicted.

premierscfc
Posted 1/8/2007 23:54 (#20346 - in reply to #20335)

Carole is still moaning about Amy, to Jonty this time.
PrincessRachel
Posted 2/8/2007 11:55 (#20358 - in reply to #20335)

Senate Member

dont you think Amy looks sooooo different without make up on
dal1966
Posted 3/8/2007 19:40 (#20466 - in reply to #20335)

I really like Amy, she seems like a nice person.
I am really shocked by the way Carole is treating her.
I am not a Carole fan.
Julian
Posted 3/8/2007 23:45 (#20477 - in reply to #20466)

Executive Member

I wasn't sure about her at first as quite a few people including Chanelle, Tracey and Carole were pointing out some fairly valid-sounding suspicions about her. However, the more I see the more I think they're mistaken.

I do think she's a genuinely nice girl but, even so, she's going to be a target for nomination next week. She's going to be lucky to survive long, I think

Regards

Julian
ofni
Posted 4/8/2007 00:26 (#20481 - in reply to #20335)

I'm not really watching enough this year to come to my own conclusions about a lot of the BB8HMs, but there are a number of things about Amy which have enough "Aisleyne echoes" to lead me to be sympathetic towards her, namely:

1. She's a glamour model, who has done similar (though perhaps more explicit) stuff to pre-BB7 Aisleyne, but she also seems to have hidden depths to her personality.

2. She seems to be attracting an unfair amount of anti-feelings from some HMs, out of proportion to any critical comments she might have made

3. Comments on "other forums" about how she looks without make-up are disturbingly reminiscent of things said last year about Aisleyne (though the details are different).

Regarding her longevity in the house, I don't see her winning, so I think she might in fact benefit from an early departure. She is classic lad's mag material, especially in the boob department, and I'd have thought that a Zoo/Nuts cover shoot is pretty much guaranteed already, and I'm sure the tabloids will be interested too. If she was looking for a higher profile for that sort of work, I'd say she can already say "job done".

I'm interested to see how Aisleyne's attitude to Amy develops over the next few days, especially in relation to whether Ash's views on Carole shift also.
Julian
Posted 4/8/2007 00:35 (#20482 - in reply to #20481)

Executive Member

ofni - 4/8/2007 00:26
I'd have thought that a Zoo/Nuts cover shoot is pretty much guaranteed already, and I'm sure the tabloids will be interested too. If she was looking for a higher profile for that sort of work, I'd say she can already say "job done".

As it happens she already features on the cover of this week's Nuts (in blonde mode) and has a two page topless spread on page 10

BB is definitely a win-win situation for a glamour model as she can just continue what she's doing and demand more money for the same thing

Regards

Julian
ofni
Posted 4/8/2007 00:45 (#20483 - in reply to #20482)

Julian - 4/8/2007 00:35

ofni - 4/8/2007 00:26
I'd have thought that a Zoo/Nuts cover shoot is pretty much guaranteed already, and I'm sure the tabloids will be interested too. If she was looking for a higher profile for that sort of work, I'd say she can already say "job done".

As it happens she already features on the cover of this week's Nuts (in blonde mode) and has a two page topless spread on page 10

BB is definitely a win-win situation for a glamour model as she can just continue what she's doing and demand more money for the same thing

Regards

Julian

I bow to your superior knowledge in these matters.
Sid_1979
Posted 4/8/2007 14:30 (#20488 - in reply to #20335)

Amy is just such a cliched Big Bro contestant. We all know she's on the show to benefit her glamour modelling "career."

I didn't like the way she attempted to sabotage her fellow-half-way-housemate's chances when she was slagging them off during her first visit to the main house. And I don't like how she bedded Liam within 4 hours of knowing him! And did you see the smirk on her face when Shanessa'a name was announced last night? I don't trust Amy. Get her out next!

Jonty or Gerry to win!

Julian
Posted 4/8/2007 15:03 (#20490 - in reply to #20488)

Executive Member

I think her reasons for being on BB are honest and perfectly reasonable. They also happen to be very close to Aisleyne's reasons, as I understand it!

I don't think she deliberately tried to sabotage her fellow housemates, I think she was just giving her honest first impressions of them when asked. Not very much happened in the half way house other than Jonti's weirdness so it was only natural it would come up. It was a talking point and I don't think she was being overly critical.

I think it's worth bearing in mind that she had known Liam a lot longer than 4 hours. She could very well have been watching him for weeks. It was also Liam that made the first move. If I had gone into the house after watching Aisleyne for 8 weeks and she made a move on me I suspect I might have found it hard to resist

Come to think of it, if I had known her for four hours I might have found it hard to resist but then that sort of thing only happens in my imagination anyway

Regards

Julian
harvestgoddess
Posted 6/8/2007 20:00 (#20614 - in reply to #20335)

Executive Member

Sorry guys i know alot of you like her etc but i cant warm to her at all i do think carole has valid points and concerns she is very astute not always right and moans but she does often get people right or situations , there have already been a few instances that have given people a reason to distrust amy one was the podcast another was latching on to liam straight away her smirk when shanessa was given the boot i just dont trust her sorry i dont see any of ais in amy
sophie
Posted 6/8/2007 21:13 (#20617 - in reply to #20335)

yeh i agree harvest..yesterday she was very selfish with the radio recording task, she did it all her self but was asked to let others help
bengos
Posted 6/8/2007 21:25 (#20618 - in reply to #20335)

Executive Member

I don't dislike or like her but I see nothing of Ash in Amy at all, in fact if I were Ash i'd be quite insulted at the comparison!
premierscfc
Posted 6/8/2007 21:36 (#20619 - in reply to #20335)

I think the comparisons being made are more to do with the stitch up job being done on her by BB. They did their best to show Aisleyne in a bad light with selective editing and they are doing the same to Amy. There is plenty they could show on the support shows to knock the other housemates but they seem to whitewash things for them instead. Liam has been a right pillock just lately but was glorified on BBLB tonight when they could have shown us what really was happening.

As a person Amy is nothing like Aisleyne.

sophie
Posted 6/8/2007 22:37 (#20620 - in reply to #20335)

nopeeeee
ofni
Posted 6/8/2007 22:48 (#20623 - in reply to #20619)

premierscfc - 6/8/2007 21:36

I think the comparisons being made are more to do with the stitch up job being done on her by BB. They did their best to show Aisleyne in a bad light with selective editing and they are doing the same to Amy. There is plenty they could show on the support shows to knock the other housemates but they seem to whitewash things for them instead. Liam has been a right pillock just lately but was glorified on BBLB tonight when they could have shown us what really was happening.

As a person Amy is nothing like Aisleyne.

I totally agree. The Aisleyne/Amy parallels are about circumstances, not personalities.
Julian
Posted 6/8/2007 22:58 (#20625 - in reply to #20623)

Executive Member

But it's the housemates who are saying these things, not BB. What would be wrong is if BB didn't show us what the housemates thought of her.

If we are all arguing that it's not true then they must have shown enough to sow those seeds.

Nothing will stop people being cynical. It wasn't BB that stitched Aisleyne up last year it was the natural tendency for people to view kindness and concern with suspicion and cynicism. Good deeds always have an ulterior motive in some people's minds. Genuine attraction on BB is always a gameplan. It's not BB's editing that does it it's the editing that goes on in the viewers' minds

Regards

Julian
ofni
Posted 6/8/2007 23:04 (#20627 - in reply to #20335)

True, but BB's misrepresentation of the mach test result to libel Ash as "the most manipulative" WAS a stitch-up of the the most cynical kind.
premierscfc
Posted 6/8/2007 23:12 (#20630 - in reply to #20625)

Julian - 6/8/2007 22:58 It wasn't BB that stitched Aisleyne up last year it was the natural tendency for people to view kindness and concern with suspicion and cynicism. Good deeds always have an ulterior motive in some people's minds. Genuine attraction on BB is always a gameplan. It's not BB's editing that does it it's the editing that goes on in the viewers' minds Regards Julian

You can include Davina and Dermot in the people who viewed her kindness and concern with suspicion and cynicism. Dermot is a producer of BBLB so he is responsible for content and not saying what he is being paid to say but what he wants to say. He stitched Aisleyne up last year along with Davina and they are employed by Endemol. They are not doing their job properly this year neither. The highlights show bears very little resemblance as to what goes on in the house. Are all the people on DS and BBgen wrong in how they see Carole? You will struggle to find anyone with a good word for her. The highlights and especially BBLB portray her as a happy fun person when she is the complete opposite.

BB have always edited the highlights to show their story and not to give a fair reflection of what goes on. It's not cynicism, it's a fact.

ofni
Posted 6/8/2007 23:16 (#20633 - in reply to #20630)

premierscfc - 6/8/2007 23:12

BB have always edited the highlights to show their story and not to give a fair reflection of what goes on. It's not cynicism, it's a fact.

Yes there was an excellent expose of this sort of thing on BBC4 a few months ago - with Charlie something-or-thing and an ex-HM from BB7 - now what was her name...............?
Julian
Posted 6/8/2007 23:30 (#20635 - in reply to #20627)

Executive Member

ofni - 6/8/2007 23:04

True, but BB's misrepresentation of the mach test result to libel Ash as "the most manipulative" WAS a stitch-up of the the most cynical kind.

I don't think they were deliberately targetting Aisleyne though. They were trying to show off their new psychological tests and Aisleyne happened to be off the scale on the Mach test. Personally I think that the psychologists' comments even before they had their own dedicated show were often deeply prejudicial and unfair to the housemates that the psychologists targetted but I do think that these were their honest opinions based on their scientific observations not a campaign to stitch anyone up.

I actually think that showing the Mach test on the main show near the end was actually designed to give Aisleyne a chance to answer the main criticism that had been levelled at her since it had appeared on the psychology show. Her reaction to it went a long way to changing the people's opinion of her and the next pyschology show basically backtracked big time on what they had originally said it actually meant.

I think this year they are, for the most part, demonstrating the science without being too prejudicial (apart from the guy who has it in for Ziggy ). I think they've learned from last year

Regards

Julian
Julian
Posted 6/8/2007 23:35 (#20636 - in reply to #20630)

Executive Member

premierscfc - 6/8/2007 23:12
You can include Davina and Dermot in the people who viewed her kindness and concern with suspicion and cynicism. Dermot is a producer of BBLB so he is responsible for content and not saying what he is being paid to say but what he wants to say. He stitched Aisleyne up last year along with Davina and they are employed by Endemol.

I have never understood why people say that about Dermot. Dermot loved Aisleyne last year. He was always in her corner, aghast at the way the returning housemates were talking about her and over the moon when it turned out she was popular near the end. Where people get the idea he was anti-Aisleyne is completely beyond me

Davina didn't like her but, as I've said before, my Sister didn't either. Sometimes you get the wrong idea about people but it doesn't make you a bad person just a not very insightful one

Regards

Julian
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread