You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Forum

Carole
Moderators: Admin, Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General -> Big Brother & OthersMessage format

premierscfc
Posted 1/8/2007 16:59 (#20316)
Subject: Carole

Does this woman ever give her jaws a rest. She is always going on at someone about washing up, cleaning and her routine. I have only started watching the live feed since Charley left and I've had enough of Carole already. She seems pretty devious to me.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
maringo
Posted 1/8/2007 17:03 (#20318 - in reply to #20316)
Subject: Re: Carole

It'll be interesting to see what Aisleyne thinks of kai.2k's question about Carole...

http://www.aisleyne.com/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=1584&posts...

Will it change her mind about her?
dannyk
Posted 1/8/2007 17:53 (#20320 - in reply to #20316)

Hope it does, Carole is horrible.
premierscfc
Posted 1/8/2007 18:06 (#20321 - in reply to #20316)
Subject: RE: Carole

She has not stopped today. She really has it in for Amy. First of all she stirs it with David then Shanessa and now Gerry. So what if Amy fancies Liam and Liam fancies Amy, who cares? They are both adults and it has nothing to do with her. She really does not want anyone else getting close to Ziggy or Liam. I normally like to see older people in the house for a bit of variety but with Carole I'm wondering where she parked her broomstick.
premierscfc
Posted 1/8/2007 20:59 (#20334 - in reply to #20316)

Carole is already trying to isolate Amy by telling a pack of lies to Ziggy and Liam.  She is trying to isolate Amy.  Luckily Brian has not bought it and is telling Amy what is going on.  Carole is trying to do to Amy what Richard did to Aisleyne last year.
ofni
Posted 1/8/2007 22:53 (#20339 - in reply to #20316)

When Aisleyne's blog was first discussed on DSBB, there were those who predicted that whoever Aisleyne favoured would get the slavish adoration of her fans. The case of Carole is a bit of a smack in the eye to that accusation, innit?
Julian
Posted 1/8/2007 23:49 (#20345 - in reply to #20339)

Executive Member

Although the case of Brian could be considered an 'I told you so'

I'm really not sure about Carole. I think she sees the original housemates, particularly Ziggy and Liam, as being under her wing and has been getting much too over-protective of them.

It's possible she's right about Amy. I haven't made my mind up about her either

Regards

Julian
ofni
Posted 2/8/2007 00:00 (#20348 - in reply to #20345)

Julian - 1/8/2007 23:49

Although the case of Brian could be considered an 'I told you so'

The case of Brian is even more complicated though, innit. He became popular on here because HE liked Aisleyne - then Aisleyne picked up on it here and became a Brian fan as a result.

I think Aisleyne's support for Carole is part of her deeply ingrained "respect for elders" mindset which also fuelled her outrage over Watergate last year.
Julian
Posted 2/8/2007 00:08 (#20349 - in reply to #20348)

Executive Member

ofni - 2/8/2007 00:00
The case of Brian is even more complicated though, innit. He became popular on here because HE liked Aisleyne - then Aisleyne picked up on it here and became a Brian fan as a result.

I think Aisleyne's support for Carole is part of her deeply ingrained "respect for elders" mindset which also fuelled her outrage over Watergate last year.

Excellent points

Although I think we can give Aisleyne credit for liking Brian for reasons beyond just the fact that he likes her
sophie
Posted 2/8/2007 22:10 (#20421 - in reply to #20316)

carol..hmmmmmmmm
sophie
Posted 2/8/2007 22:12 (#20422 - in reply to #20316)

i have gone off her a bit, because of the amy and liam thing..i have respect for her becuase shes like the mother for the house and looks out for everyone..but she mobiles me off sometimes like when she tells people off lol
premierscfc
Posted 3/8/2007 10:28 (#20441 - in reply to #20316)

Just look at this link to see Carole spying on Amy and Liam.

http://www.whitakernet.com/screenshot/index.php?mode=3&sdate=2007-0...
Saj
Posted 3/8/2007 11:51 (#20443 - in reply to #20316)

Carole said to a few other housemates yesterday
"I tried really hard with Amy when she came in but she didn't want to know"
Just so they think the problem lies with Amy and not Carole
dal1966
Posted 3/8/2007 19:35 (#20465 - in reply to #20316)

I don't like Carole she's a really nasty person.
The way she is treating Amy is really awfull.
Just because Amy likes one of Carole's Boys Liam.
I know Carole is one of Aisleyne's favourates, but personally i can't stand her.

Edited by dal1966 3/8/2007 19:37
harvestgoddess
Posted 6/8/2007 20:05 (#20615 - in reply to #20316)

Executive Member

I havent watched LF so i can only coment on what ive seen but i really havent seen carole do anything in the highlights that is that bad i still really like carole *hides*
Sadie-Mae
Posted 6/8/2007 22:45 (#20622 - in reply to #20615)

Carole's a witch. Her thing with Liam and Ziggy isn't "taking them under her wing" because they were in there first. It's that she has a problem with coming to terms with the fact that she's old and fat (I'm entitled to say that as I'm older than her, though not quite so fat) and nice looking young blokes like those two would rather lick out the loo with their tongues than give her one. She's behaving like the mother-in-law from hell with the attractive young girls. But the HMs still see her as their mum, which undermines their ability to spot what's going on and deal with her.
ofni
Posted 7/8/2007 12:02 (#20669 - in reply to #20316)

I've been thinking about the Carole situation, and after seeing some of the HLs last night I've come to some kind of conclusion.

The basic problem is that there are no adults in the BB house.

Carole, as the nearest approximation to one, has merely filled the vacuum and become the "a single parent", and most of the remaining "original" HMs have abdicated their adulthood (if they ever had any) and become her dependant children. Oddly enough, the twins who have the most excuse for being "children" are the ones who are the least brainwashed, though sadly they are too young and immature to break the tyranny (though they have shown through chicken-gate that they would be ready allies for a proper rebellion). Gerry would like to be part of a coup, but he doesn't seem able to be constructively assertive, and can't get beyond mere goading and baiting.

The answer is simple, but the implementation might now be virtually impossibe. The answer is "Act like a housemate. Treat Carole as a housemate." That's it. Unfortunately, too many HMs, through idleness and laissez-faire prefer the cosy comfort zone of dependency on Mother. Anyone new, such as Kara, who would like to take an "adult" part in the housekeeping, faces not just Carole, but the pathetic bunch of wimps that now cling around her apron strings.

I've seen comments on other forums asking why BB "allow" this to continue. On this score i find BB Not Guilty. The ones "allowing" this to happen are the HMs - they're ADULTS for goodness sake!

In essence BB8 has finally (post-Charley) become a social experiment again, and it's basically now about adulthood vs dependency, and is crying out for a proper analysis. Is there an existentialist in the house?
premierscfc
Posted 7/8/2007 12:25 (#20671 - in reply to #20669)

ofni - 7/8/2007 12:02 I've been thinking about the Carole situation, and after seeing some of the HLs last night I've come to some kind of conclusion. The basic problem is that there are no adults in the BB house. Carole, as the nearest approximation to one, has merely filled the vacuum and become the "a single parent", and most of the remaining "original" HMs have abdicated their adulthood (if they ever had any) and become her dependant children. Oddly enough, the twins who have the most excuse for being "children" are the ones who are the least brainwashed, though sadly they are too young and immature to break the tyranny (though they have shown through chicken-gate that they would be ready allies for a proper rebellion). Gerry would like to be part of a coup, but he doesn't seem able to be constructively assertive, and can't get beyond mere goading and baiting. The answer is simple, but the implementation might now be virtually impossibe. The answer is "Act like a housemate. Treat Carole as a housemate." That's it. Unfortunately, too many HMs, through idleness and laissez-faire prefer the cosy comfort zone of dependency on Mother. Anyone new, such as Kara, who would like to take an "adult" part in the housekeeping, faces not just Carole, but the pathetic bunch of wimps that now cling around her apron strings. I've seen comments on other forums asking why BB "allow" this to continue. On this score i find BB Not Guilty. The ones "allowing" this to happen are the HMs - they're ADULTS for goodness sake! In essence BB8 has finally (post-Charley) become a social experiment again, and it's basically now about adulthood vs dependency, and is crying out for a proper analysis. Is there an existentialist in the house?

All BB need to do now then is show this on the highlights.  The highlights make out that she is a jolly middle aged woman who is up for a laugh when in reality she is a moaning control freak.  Why did BB not show the reason that Chanelle argued with Ziggy that lead to her walking out (Carole telling Ziggy that Liam fancied Chanelle).  Why don't we see the source of the housemates suspicions of Amy (Carole drip feeding rubbish to them).

Yesterday she spent the first hour after the alarm went off moaning that they all eat Cereal for breakfast, she went on and on and on.  Will that get shown on the highlights? She was still moaning at Gerry for spilling sugar on Friday night.  The relative roles in the house are interesting but BB are misleading the public via the highlights shows regarding Carole.  I bet viewers last night were wondering what the girls were frightened of by cooking dinner because there has not been any evidence of Carole being a control freak in any other highlights shows.  They were frightened of her for a reason.  They showed that they are quite capable of looking after themselves but have not previously been given the opportunity.  The sooner Carole is out the better,  there will be more fun in the house.

ofni
Posted 7/8/2007 12:36 (#20673 - in reply to #20316)

I take your point about how Carole is being portrayed and edited, but I'm talking about what's happening INSIDE the house itself, which has nothing to do with editing. The fact that too many HMs have abdicated their adulthood in favour of dependency is nothing to do with BB's manipulation of the resulting footage.
raven_girl
Posted 9/8/2007 15:10 (#20872 - in reply to #20316)

I think Carole seems to be more hated than Charley, in fact I think she's worse than Grace, Grace had her age for an excuse for her behaviour, Carole does not
maringo
Posted 10/8/2007 12:16 (#20910 - in reply to #20316)

There's an interesting entry in the NOTW blog where Carole gets compared to BB7's Richard. Aisleyne gets a mention as "Pete's only genuine competitor"...

http://notw.typepad.com/bb8/2007/08/we-have-all-the.html
premierscfc
Posted 10/8/2007 12:26 (#20913 - in reply to #20910)

maringo - 10/8/2007 12:16 There's an interesting entry in the NOTW blog where Carole gets compared to BB7's Richard. Aisleyne gets a mention as "Pete's only genuine competitor"... http://notw.typepad.com/bb8/2007/08/we-have-all-the.html

That article sums up Carole perfectly. She is as nasty as Richard. Very calculating in what she says.

emptybox
Posted 10/8/2007 23:36 (#20971 - in reply to #20316)

Great article.

I just don't understand why BB has been protecting her so much on highlights.

Today's BBBM was anti-Carole, so perhaps that protection is coming to an end.

ladyash
Posted 13/8/2007 18:45 (#21214 - in reply to #20971)

Senate Member

if i was in the bb house i would take caroles glasses off and poke her in the eye then she would have something to moan about:  i think i know what the next tv show carole will be on ill give you a glue h.. cl..n is ...r ...se
maringo
Posted 13/8/2007 21:31 (#21237 - in reply to #20318)

maringo - 1/8/2007 17:03

It'll be interesting to see what Aisleyne thinks of kai.2k's question about Carole...

http://www.aisleyne.com/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=1584&posts...

Will it change her mind about her?

She has replied now!
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread