You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Forum

Five/six new housemates?
Moderators: Admin, Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General -> Big Brother & OthersMessage format

maringo
Posted 23/7/2007 12:59 (#19815)
Subject: Five/six new housemates?

Rumours are flying about that some new housemates will be put in a BB hostel next-door at the weekend...

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2003230001-2007340008,00.html

What kind of kind housemates are needed to liven up the show? And will the hostel be anything like the one in the film of the same name?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
premierscfc
Posted 23/7/2007 13:04 (#19816 - in reply to #19815)
Subject: Re: Five/six new housemates?

As long as Charley leaves they can put in as many as they want.
sophie
Posted 23/7/2007 19:17 (#19832 - in reply to #19815)

i hope theres more men going in
harvestgoddess
Posted 24/7/2007 20:19 (#19866 - in reply to #19815)

Executive Member

Oh i was wondering as i read the sun and that bb b!tch mentioned it , i hope so cause otherwise i only have chanelle and liam as faves i need someone i can really warm too :D
Julian
Posted 24/7/2007 23:27 (#19876 - in reply to #19866)

Executive Member

It was confirmed on BBLB that there will be both men and women going into the house on Friday. I've forgotten the details but I think they said that 6 people were going in and two of them would get to be housemates.

Regards

Julian
maringo
Posted 27/7/2007 22:42 (#20025 - in reply to #19815)

They're an interesting lot!

Two will be selected to go into the main house, but I wonder what the stings in the tail will be?
Julian
Posted 28/7/2007 00:21 (#20036 - in reply to #20025)

Executive Member

Possibly the housemates nominated for eviction get to choose?

Or the ones who get the least votes to stay are the ones who get in :D

Regards

Julian
maringo
Posted 28/7/2007 11:49 (#20042 - in reply to #20036)

Julian - 28/7/2007 00:21

Possibly the housemates nominated for eviction get to choose?

Or the ones who get the least votes to stay are the ones who get in :D

The Daily Star are suggesting the two chosen housemates will swap with two original housemates...

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news_detail.html?sku=2079

The NOTW blogger seems to think your second suggestion isn't likely (mentioning Aisleyne's HND experience as the reason)...

http://notw.typepad.com/bb8/2007/07/hail-sezer.html
emptybox
Posted 29/7/2007 01:02 (#20063 - in reply to #19815)
Subject: RE: Five/six new housemates?

They're saying that the two original ones who are voted into the halfway house, will have to complete tasks in order to keep their places and return to the house?

I can't believe BB would be prepared to lose two original hms without a public vote?
There must be more to this twist.

Mind you, I said the same thing last year about putting evicted hms back in with a chance to win, and I was proved wrong then.

Julian
Posted 29/7/2007 02:19 (#20064 - in reply to #20063)

Executive Member

I never thought they would allow BB7's Jonathan to go on the basis that the public should be deciding but at least with Jonathan they had the excuse that he wasn't a proper housemate

What might happen is that the people nominated for eviction could be swapped for the two chosen halfway housemates and then the public get to vote on who they want to keep in the halfway house.

On the subject of the new housemates I'm liking Amy and Kara-Louise at the moment. Not sure about the others. Jonty is pretty weird although he is a big Doctor Who fan so maybe he'll grow on me

Regards

Julian
ofni
Posted 30/7/2007 13:15 (#20123 - in reply to #19815)

Shanessa = the love child of Craig Charles and William Hague?

(Yes, I KNOW there are certain biological difficulties with that theory, just humour me, right? )

Edited by ofni 30/7/2007 13:20
premierscfc
Posted 30/7/2007 20:33 (#20183 - in reply to #19815)

David and Kara have been chosen to go into the main house and Ziggy has ended up in the HWH.  Will he make a move on Amy?
maringo
Posted 30/7/2007 20:35 (#20184 - in reply to #20183)

premierscfc - 30/7/2007 20:33

David and Kara have been chosen to go into the main house and Ziggy has ended up in the HWH.  Will he make a move on Amy?

Thanks! Here's the Channel 4 story on it...

http://www.channel4.com/bigbrother/news/newsstory.jsp?id=17421&hous...
ofni
Posted 30/7/2007 23:59 (#20201 - in reply to #20183)

Goodness me, prem, are you implying that Ziggy offering himself as a sacrificial lamb to make the HM's HWH decision easier was motivated by anything other than the highest ideals? For shame, prem, for shame!
Julian
Posted 31/7/2007 00:22 (#20203 - in reply to #20201)

Executive Member

ofni - 30/7/2007 23:59

Goodness me, prem, are you implying that Ziggy offering himself as a sacrificial lamb to make the HM's HWH decision easier was motivated by anything other than the highest ideals? For shame, prem, for shame!

You may joke but I have no doubt that Ziggy just wants to leave right now. I think he'd be glad if it turned out that the move got him closer to going.

There is certainly no way he would be the slightest bit interested in another relationship at the moment. If the girls made a move on him he'd run a mile

Regards

Julian
emptybox
Posted 31/7/2007 01:05 (#20207 - in reply to #20203)

Julian - 31/7/2007 00:22 If the girls made a move on him he'd run a mile Regards Julian

I'm not so sure.

harvestgoddess
Posted 31/7/2007 10:47 (#20220 - in reply to #20203)

Executive Member

Julian - 31/7/2007 00:22

ofni - 30/7/2007 23:59

You may joke but I have no doubt that Ziggy just wants to leave right now. I think he'd be glad if it turned out that the move got him closer to going.

There is certainly no way he would be the slightest bit interested in another relationship at the moment. If the girls made a move on him he'd run a mile

Regards

Julian

Nope i dont buy that your far to generous when it comes to ziggy he is a out and out player and gives men a bad name didnt you notice whilst chanelle was packing he was busy in the garden bragging to liam how he can get in any club and que jump etc the guy is a leech and wasnt it him who said one of them would have to go being him or chanelle only to then say he wouldnt
imo he used chanelle he was happy to climb in her bed night adfter night yet as soon as soon as the newbies walk in thats the final push to make him grab his freedom and how does he go about it ? by attacking chanelle and accusing her of liking liam which i personally think was just a way to cause a row and end it the guy has no backbone and even less compassion he is far to self aware and ive nevert known anyone spend so much time going over and over a relationship disecting it on a lighter note hope your well julian
Julian
Posted 31/7/2007 21:00 (#20245 - in reply to #20220)

Executive Member

harvestgoddess - 31/7/2007 10:47
Nope i dont buy that your far to generous when it comes to ziggy he is a out and out player and gives men a bad name didnt you notice whilst chanelle was packing he was busy in the garden bragging to liam how he can get in any club and que jump etc the guy is a leech and wasnt it him who said one of them would have to go being him or chanelle only to then say he wouldnt
imo he used chanelle he was happy to climb in her bed night adfter night yet as soon as soon as the newbies walk in thats the final push to make him grab his freedom and how does he go about it ? by attacking chanelle and accusing her of liking liam which i personally think was just a way to cause a row and end it the guy has no backbone and even less compassion he is far to self aware and ive nevert known anyone spend so much time going over and over a relationship disecting it on a lighter note hope your well julian

The Liam thing was a bit out of order, I'll admit, although I understand it was primarily down to Carole filling his head with it. I know she's one of Aisleyne's favourites but she's been going down in my estimation significantly recently.

I completely disagree that Ziggy's a player though. Why would a player and a user put himself through such obvious trauma deliberately? It's clear to see he's a shadow of his former self these days. He's an emotional wreck reduced to crying in the toilet when she left. I can't think of anything further away from the behaviour of a 'player'

As for the bragging about queue jumping at clubs, I didn't see it, but I did hear Aisleyne claiming on her radio show that, even before BB, she used to do exactly the same thing. You might want to reconsider disapproving of the notion

I'm feeling very well thanks

Regards

Julian
emptybox
Posted 31/7/2007 22:52 (#20270 - in reply to #19815)

My opinion of Ziggy is that he is a very weak man.

He fancied Chanelle but gave her absolutely no respect, and never thought of her as his girlfriend.

He must have seen she was genuinely falling for him and should have stopped it there, but he was too concerned about his image with the public, and gave no thought to her feelings.

Julian
Posted 1/8/2007 00:34 (#20283 - in reply to #20270)

Executive Member

I think at first, you're right, he just saw her as somone to pass the time with. Someone who could restore his sense of masculinity in a house full of girls. I think he liked her and admired her character and personality but his preoccupation with being told what to do by a 19 year old girl showed that he didn't see it as an equal partnership.

That changed when they got back together, though. From what I gathered from the Caravan conversation I think he came to genuinely respect her and recognized a maturity that he hadn't seen before.

I think he was massively confused by his feelings. When Chanelle is in a good mood anyone would fall in love with her but when she throws a tantrum she becomes irrational and childish. His heart wanted to make it work but his head said keep away and he was torn between the two.

I think he was also worried about her feelings and what it would do to her experience if he broke up with her. He didn't want to humiliate her on national TV which is why he resisted telling her how he felt for as long as he did.

I do agree he was weak but then so was Chanelle for leaving and so was Aisleyne for spending most of her final week crying and having panic attacks. That house does things to you

I think he's a sensitive, caring and honourable guy who jumped into something without thinking and found himself in over his head. I'd love it if he won because he's definitely the one with the journey now and I really think he deserves a break but he's too disliked by the public for me to get too invested in the notion. Unless Carole or Tracey end up in the HWH I can't see him surviving the week

He is certainly not the heartless user than he is being painted as, though. I have no doubt of that at all.

Regards

Julian
emptybox
Posted 1/8/2007 00:52 (#20285 - in reply to #19815)

There is something in what you say Julian, but I'm not entirely convinced.

I'll be watching him at his eviction interview, and it'll be interesting to see if they interact on final night and at the BBLB reunion (providing Chanelle is invited).

premierscfc
Posted 1/8/2007 20:05 (#20327 - in reply to #19815)

All change in the HWH.  Tracey, David, Kara and Shanessa are in the HWH and Ziggy, Jonty, Liam and Amy are going into the main house.
sophie
Posted 1/8/2007 20:42 (#20330 - in reply to #19815)

thanks for the info prem i wonder if it will stay like that now?? and i wonder what will happen lol

Edited by sophie 1/8/2007 20:43
ofni
Posted 1/8/2007 20:45 (#20331 - in reply to #19815)

You put a housemate in
A housemate out
In - out - in - out shake it all about
You do BigBro-key Cokey and you twist around
That's what it's all about

Oh-oh BigBro-key Cokey
Oh-oh BigBro-key Cokey
Oh-oh BigBro-key Cokey
Get the result you want!
premierscfc
Posted 1/8/2007 20:48 (#20332 - in reply to #20330)

sophie - 1/8/2007 20:42 thanks for the info prem i wonder if it will stay like that now?? and i wonder what will happen lol

Not if Carole, Shanessa and Gerry have anything to do with it.  They are sh**stirring already against Amy 

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread