You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Forum

BB psychology/Mach test (ANSWERED)
Moderators: Admin, Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Ask Aisleyne -> Answered QuestionsMessage format

Rumble
Posted 4/6/2007 12:26 (#16301)
Subject: BB psychology/Mach test (ANSWERED)

Hi Aisleyne,

Obviously this is a very long time ago now, but watching BB's psychology show reminded me of the machiavellianism (mach) test that you and the rest of the BB7ers took before the show. The results of it were announced during BB7, and you all had to stand on boxes to guess the order you came in. You were announced as most machiavellian, and were quite upset.

The results had been announced to us (on the psych show) a few weeks before they did them in the house, in case you didn't know that.

I wondered whether you remembered taking the test, and if you had any thoughts on it, eg whether BB should be using that kind of psych test to affect how viewers see housemates.

Thanks
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Aisleyne
Posted 3/7/2007 18:33 (#18344 - in reply to #16301)
Subject: Re: BB psychology/Mach test

Hello Rumble

welcome to OA babe, good to have you here babe

BAbe I remember that day, I was so upset.
I cant remember that test, I tried to at the time but they make you take so many its impos to remember....Sorry hun

Good point though, I do beleive these things effect viewers opioinons of HM......

xx
boldjohn
Posted 3/7/2007 19:32 (#18358 - in reply to #18344)

Executive Member

That's interesting that the test was one of many. It seems to me as an impartial observer that the results from these many tests were statistics that could be manipulated to suit a given purpose. The Mach test appeared at an opportune moment. It seemed to many of us that after Sezer, Grace and Lisa left, that you started to be unfairly represented as fake, bitchy and aggressive.
Rumble
Posted 9/7/2007 09:10 (#18836 - in reply to #18344)

Took a while to notice this was answered..

Hey Aisleyne, thanks so much for answering, and for the welcome .

Yes, it must have been pretty awful to have that announced in the house. Outside, a lot of us were quite angry that they were announcing it again, and this time to your housemates, as if to make sure everyone got the point.

There is a short online version of the test if you (or anyone else) are interested
http://www.salon.com/books/it/1999/09/13/machtest/
-it's b*llocks .

At the time, a number of your fans took the test in order to 'out' themselves as 'High Machs', ie those scoring above 60, (think my score might have been 75 ). That seems slightly funny now.

The BB psych show is still rubbish, but I don't think there's been anything quite as bad as this, this year.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread