You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Forum

Chanelle
Moderators: Admin, Moderators

Jump to page : < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... >
Now viewing page 4 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General -> Big Brother & OthersMessage format

Julian
Posted 17/7/2007 13:23 (#19458 - in reply to #19323)
Subject: Re: Chanelle

Executive Member

Interesting snippet on live streaming yesterday. Chanelle was telling Carole what happened when she saw the psych:

Apparently he told her not to think of herself with respect to her relationship with the house but to think about her relationship with each individual. Carole pressed for more and Chanelle said:

"He said to me, 'Why are you, like, in here Chanelle?' and I was, like, 'Well, it's ironic because I first wanted to come in here because I wanted to get famous and meet celebrity footballers but now that's the farthest thing from what I ever could want. Ever..."

Regards

Julian

Edited by Julian 17/7/2007 13:36
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Julian
Posted 21/7/2007 00:02 (#19692 - in reply to #19458)

Executive Member

Did you see the clip of Chanelle's puppet show on BBLB? How funny was that
maringo
Posted 23/7/2007 16:34 (#19827 - in reply to #16274)

Available for Panto have done a story on Chanelle's "counselling sessions". Aisleyne gets a brief mention in the article...

http://www.availableforpanto.com/2007/07/chanelle_has_emergency_cou...
ofni
Posted 23/7/2007 16:38 (#19828 - in reply to #19827)

maringo - 23/7/2007 16:34

Available for Panto have done a story on "Chanelle's counselling sessions". Aisleyne gets a brief mention in the article...

http://www.availableforpanto.com/2007/07/chanelle_has_emergency_cou...

A brief mention, maybe, but I thought it was rather an interesting and telling one.
emptybox
Posted 24/7/2007 23:43 (#19881 - in reply to #16274)
Subject: RE: Chanelle

I think Chanelle really came out best in her arguement with Charley. Especially after she tried to apologize and Charley threw it back in her face.

Unfortunately she's let herself down today by refusing to play the violin as part of the task, and then subsequently threatening to leave.

I think she's now decided to stay after she found out that Charley was up.
But she's stupidly thrown away a lot of support.

Edited by emptybox 25/7/2007 01:07
emptybox
Posted 25/7/2007 02:20 (#19883 - in reply to #16274)

Luckily she redeemed herself by playing quite well in the end.

Wether she loses support outside will depend on what they show on highlights tomorrow, but I think it'll mean the housemate put her up next week.

Sid_1979
Posted 25/7/2007 17:01 (#19904 - in reply to #16274)

I hope Chanelle fans can be objective and admit she behaved very selfishly last night. It's the last straw as far as I'm concerned. The girl is passive-aggressive, spoilt, manipulative, attention-seeking, shallow, immature and down right annoying.
Julian
Posted 25/7/2007 22:58 (#19908 - in reply to #19904)

Executive Member

Sid_1979 - 25/7/2007 17:01

I hope Chanelle fans can be objective and admit she behaved very selfishly last night. It's the last straw as far as I'm concerned. The girl is passive-aggressive, spoilt, manipulative, attention-seeking, shallow, immature and down right annoying.

If it's selfish to have an emotional break down then I guess she's selfish but, personally, I don't think it was a conscious decision

As I understand it, her problem with playing the violin went a lot further than mere performance anxiety. I got this second-hand but someone watching the live feed managed to make out that she took up the violin alone as a means to get over the mental problems that she suffered on finding out about her real mother's murder. She had never even played in front of her parents or friends. Under the circumstances, asking her to play the violin in front of the nation for a gameshow was a big thing to ask of her. The violin to her was a deeply personal and private thing and while it might have appeared selfish to not want to expose herself to the nation like that I think the fact that she eventually rose to the challenge says a lot.

I'm not fond of Chanelle's tantrums and neuroses but I see them as an illness rather than a reflection of her true nature. Things have come to a point with Charley now in which she is living in constant fear of her. She believes that Big Brother have orchestrated things to save Charley from eviction three times now (through nomination punishments and fake evictions) and she doesn't believe even this week will see the back of her. She believes that the public love Charley and will hate her because of her dislike of her. On top of that I'm almost certain I heard it was her time of the month at the moment

Sometimes you've got to take the bad with the good. On paper Liam would make a worthy winner but he's too one-note. He's just a nice guy - end of story. Chanelle can be a monster at times but when she's not being a monster (which is more often than not) she's caring, considerate, funny, humble, intelligent, warm-hearted, fun-loving and adorable.

She is without doubt the housemate who's come on the biggest journey this year.

She isn't attention-seeking but she does have self-esteem issues - rather like Aisleyne did. What she needs is to find out that she's not the hate-figure she thinks she is and I think if she can make it through the week without leaving, Charley's eviction will be a big step in that direction.

Winning, of course, would be a bigger one

Regards

Julian
Julian
Posted 25/7/2007 23:15 (#19909 - in reply to #19883)

Executive Member

emptybox - 25/7/2007 02:20

Wether she loses support outside will depend on what they show on highlights tomorrow, but I think it'll mean the housemate put her up next week.

On the whole I think the highlights were pretty good to her although my Sky+ chopped off the last five minutes so I don't know how it ended .

My one reservation is that the highlights went straight from refusing to play and wanting to leave to happily joining in, which may have left people thinking that she switched off the angst pretty quickly and conveniently. I was watching live until gone 2am last night so I can say it certainly wasn't a quick and easy change of heart

I think Ziggy showed the patience of a saint yesterday and showed just how much he cares for her now.

I don't think we have to worry about Chanelle being up any time soon. The twins, Gerry and Ziggy will never nominate her. Carole, Tracey and Liam might but three votes will not be enough for next week. Carole has upset Ziggy, Gerry, Chanelle and the twins and Liam and Brian may well nominate her too. Tracey is the obvious choice for most of them as well. I think it will be a Carole vs. Tracey eviction next week unless the new twist throws a spanner in the works.

Personally I don't think Chanelle will be up until the final.

Regards

Julian
emptybox
Posted 25/7/2007 23:41 (#19912 - in reply to #16274)

Unfortunately Charley has promised an almighty row as her final act on Friday, which could mean 30 minutes of trauma for Chanelle which could send her over the edge.

With a bit of luck BB will do one of the 30 seconds ones, and Chanelle could stay in the background.

Julian
Posted 26/7/2007 00:13 (#19915 - in reply to #19912)

Executive Member

I think it probably will be a 30 second eviction as they have to put the new housemates in and that will take time.

Regards

Julian

Edited by Julian 26/7/2007 00:14
Sid_1979
Posted 26/7/2007 15:34 (#19925 - in reply to #19908)

Julian - 25/7/2007 22:58

Sid_1979 - 25/7/2007 17:01

If it's selfish to have an emotional break down then I guess she's selfish but, personally, I don't think it was a conscious decision

As I understand it, her problem with playing the violin went a lot further than mere performance anxiety. I got this second-hand but someone watching the live feed managed to make out that she took up the violin alone as a means to get over the mental problems that she suffered on finding out about her real mother's murder. She had never even played in front of her parents or friends. Under the circumstances, asking her to play the violin in front of the nation for a gameshow was a big thing to ask of her. The violin to her was a deeply personal and private thing and while it might have appeared selfish to not want to expose herself to the nation like that I think the fact that she eventually rose to the challenge says a lot.

I'm not fond of Chanelle's tantrums and neuroses but I see them as an illness rather than a reflection of her true nature. Things have come to a point with Charley now in which she is living in constant fear of her. She believes that Big Brother have orchestrated things to save Charley from eviction three times now (through nomination punishments and fake evictions) and she doesn't believe even this week will see the back of her. She believes that the public love Charley and will hate her because of her dislike of her. On top of that I'm almost certain I heard it was her time of the month at the moment

Sometimes you've got to take the bad with the good. On paper Liam would make a worthy winner but he's too one-note. He's just a nice guy - end of story. Chanelle can be a monster at times but when she's not being a monster (which is more often than not) she's caring, considerate, funny, humble, intelligent, warm-hearted, fun-loving and adorable.

She is without doubt the housemate who's come on the biggest journey this year.

She isn't attention-seeking but she does have self-esteem issues - rather like Aisleyne did. What she needs is to find out that she's not the hate-figure she thinks she is and I think if she can make it through the week without leaving, Charley's eviction will be a big step in that direction.

Winning, of course, would be a bigger one

Regards

Julian

Life would be wonderful if we could all blame our inadequacies on "illness." Perhaps Charley's outbursts and impulsiveness and thoughtlessness and persistent rule-breaking are a manifestation of ADHD. That would be a rather convenient way to excuse her obnoxious behaviour.

I saw Aisleyne as a true victim but more than that I saw her a survivor. All I see with Chanelle is a manipulative diva who is trying desperately to play the role of a victim.
maringo
Posted 26/7/2007 21:50 (#19960 - in reply to #16274)

Has Chanelle encountered the same ghost that Aisleyne did?

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2003230001-2007340602,00.html (Chanelle)
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2003230001-2006350610,00.html (Aisleyne)
Julian
Posted 27/7/2007 00:19 (#19969 - in reply to #19925)

Executive Member

Sid_1979 - 26/7/2007 15:34
Life would be wonderful if we could all blame our inadequacies on "illness." Perhaps Charley's outbursts and impulsiveness and thoughtlessness and persistent rule-breaking are a manifestation of ADHD. That would be a rather convenient way to excuse her obnoxious behaviour.

I saw Aisleyne as a true victim but more than that I saw her a survivor. All I see with Chanelle is a manipulative diva who is trying desperately to play the role of a victim.

We can't blame all our inadequacies on "illness" but as a psychologist I assume you would not deny that some behaviour can be so attributed.

I am acutely aware of the irony of arguing armchair psychology with a psychologist but it seems to me to that the kind of irrational hysteria, chronic anxiety and feelings of persecution and lack of self-worth exhibited by Chanelle are classic symptoms of psychoneurosis:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neurosis

Given how convinced she was that both the housemates and the public would now hate her for her moodiness and actions that day it seems very hard to believe that she would have acted that way deliberately.

We have already read in the press about her alleged attempted suicide when she was younger. There are also reports of self-harm and other rumours of a recent abortion or miscarriage. I don't believe that she is entirely unscarred by these events.

I'm not saying that she's as mentally unstable as Shabaz seemed to be but I do think that the stress of the BB experience in general, the conflict with Charley, the hormones in her system and being forced to expose a very private part of herself to the whole world in the form of her violin playing could easily have triggered the reaction we saw.

Not that being neurotic is a recommendation for liking someone. I like her in spite of it not because of it. However, I don't believe that her behaviour is maliciously motivated and I certainly don't think she's a diva. A diva has a high opinion of herself and Chanelle clearly suffers from low self-esteem rather than too much of it.

I don't believe there is anyone in that house that would be more surprised if they won than Chanelle would be.

Regards

Julian

Edited by Julian 27/7/2007 00:24
PrincessRachel
Posted 27/7/2007 12:49 (#19988 - in reply to #19969)

Senate Member

Julian - 27/7/2007 00:19

I don't believe there is anyone in that house that would be more surprised if they won than Chanelle would be.

Sh would be realy suprised i think
harvestgoddess
Posted 27/7/2007 23:31 (#20030 - in reply to #16274)

Executive Member

I like chanelle but each time im just about ready to raise the flag and back her to win she has some hissy fit the violin drama was OTT and i like her so i am being objective she is a sensible girl but i cant see any reason at all for the other nights hysterics .

Edited by harvestgoddess 27/7/2007 23:32
Julian
Posted 29/7/2007 15:16 (#20069 - in reply to #20030)

Executive Member

Chanelle has just left the house

Ziggy, Gerry, the twins and Brian are all extremely upset but there was no talking her out of it. She was happy to go.

One good thing, though. I bet she gets to upstage Charley's week

Regards

Julian
Julian
Posted 29/7/2007 15:46 (#20070 - in reply to #20069)

Executive Member

So far she's said goodbye twice and gone to the diary room to go twice but BB keep sending her back

The first time was to get Betsy. I'm not sure what the issue was the second time. Right now Ziggy's still trying to persuade her to stay but I don't think he'll succeed.

Regards

Julian
Sid_1979
Posted 29/7/2007 15:59 (#20071 - in reply to #16274)

After today's antics, the award for the most manipulative, melodramatic, self-absorbed housemate in Big Brother history goes to....

Drum roll please....

CHANELLE!!!!

Oh and Julian, I've decided that if Chanelle's behaviour is going to be excused with panic attacks, period pains, insecurities, blah, blah, blah, then Charley's impulsiveness, thoughtlessness and persistent rule breaking are a manifestation of ADHD!

Edited by Sid_1979 29/7/2007 16:00
maringo
Posted 29/7/2007 16:16 (#20072 - in reply to #16274)

Here's the Channel 4 story on her departure...

http://www.channel4.com/bigbrother/news/newsstory.jsp?id=17102
PrincessRachel
Posted 29/7/2007 16:19 (#20073 - in reply to #16274)

Senate Member

Noooooooooooooo! Chanelle come back
Julian
Posted 29/7/2007 17:23 (#20075 - in reply to #20071)

Executive Member

Sid_1979 - 29/7/2007 15:59
Oh and Julian, I've decided that if Chanelle's behaviour is going to be excused with panic attacks, period pains, insecurities, blah, blah, blah, then Charley's impulsiveness, thoughtlessness and persistent rule breaking are a manifestation of ADHD!

I'm a great believer in the idea that a person should be held accountable for the reasons that they do things not the things themselves. I don't believe that Chanelle ever intends to cause distress with her breakdowns, Charley on the other hand seems to take pleasure at the misery she causes.

You only have to look at Chanelle's shock and unhappiness at the reaction to Charley to see the difference between them.

Gerry, Ziggy, Sam and Amanda were all in tears at Chanelle's leaving. Brian said a few days ago that he thought she should win. These people have been living with her insecurities, period pains and strops for 8 weeks and yet they are distraught that she has gone.

It seems to me that she must have been doing something right

Regards

Julian

Edited by Julian 29/7/2007 17:25
PrincessRachel
Posted 29/7/2007 18:45 (#20077 - in reply to #16274)

Senate Member

She hasnt gone yet!

BB is making her talk to the BB physcoligist 1st and told the half way housemates to le her know that everything on the outside is all good etc.
PrincessRachel
Posted 29/7/2007 19:16 (#20079 - in reply to #16274)

Senate Member

she's back in the house

hopefully she is staying now
maringo
Posted 29/7/2007 19:56 (#20084 - in reply to #16274)

And here's the Channel 4 story on her return...

http://www.channel4.com/bigbrother/news/newsstory.jsp?id=17181
Jump to page : < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... >
Now viewing page 4 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread