You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Forum

Chanelle
Moderators: Admin, Moderators

Jump to page : < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... >
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General -> Big Brother & OthersMessage format

emptybox
Posted 3/7/2007 19:28 (#18357 - in reply to #16274)
Subject: RE: Chanelle

If the relationship is completely false, how come they're going through such agonies with it? It looks like it will end well before BB does, and well before any cashing in can be done?

Don't get me wrong. In real life I think they would have had a couple of dates, then gone their seperate ways, but that doesn't mean it's all for publicity.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
emma*the*bird
Posted 3/7/2007 20:07 (#18368 - in reply to #16274)
Subject: Re: Chanelle

It's false. Agonies? I think the reasons for those is fairly obvious. The clues being what you just mentioned emptybox.

I can imagine it being quite agonising when brashly jumping onto what seemed like a sure money making scheme without realising how difficult it would be to keep it up 24/7 for 13 or whatever weeks. I honestly believe he repulses her (body language) but she's probably been out with guys before for what they have in their wallets, except this time its front of the cameras and although she keeps up a good facade she's slipped up far too many times for me to believe its anywhere near genuine.
Sid_1979
Posted 3/7/2007 20:12 (#18370 - in reply to #16274)

Oh of course it's all for publicity. All Nikki Graham, I mean Chanelle. goes on about is how her and Ziggy will be the next Posh and Becks and how much media attention their "romance" will be receiving. They haven't had any deep and meaningful conversations as would be typical of a couple who have genuine affection for each other - it's all been superficial, surface-level stuff. They are the most contrived and most bland couple in Big Brother history and I hope Chanelle is sent packing on Friday.
emma*the*bird
Posted 3/7/2007 20:19 (#18372 - in reply to #16274)

It's always been about publicity as you say Syd, but no one has ever been so brazen about it which is for me when I really decided I didn't like her, other than the fact that I thought she was a little annoying for pretending to be all "Posh". She's a tart.
Sid_1979
Posted 3/7/2007 20:45 (#18376 - in reply to #16274)

Yeppers Emma - she's a shallow, manipulative, trollop.

harvestgoddess
Posted 3/7/2007 20:49 (#18377 - in reply to #16274)

Executive Member

I have to say i totally dissagree with this im not saying they will live happily ever after but i really do believe they care for one another whilst ive said before that the posh / wag wannabe stuff puts me off i can also give her the bennifit of the doubt she is only 19 and thats what is in nearly every magazine these days stupid wags so its natrual for her to look up to that . Deep down she come across as caring and sensitive and i really believe they do like and care for one another that doesnt mean it will last but even if it doesnt it wont mean its fake look at chantele and preston they really loved eachother and even they split as did helen and paul such is life :D
Julian
Posted 3/7/2007 20:51 (#18378 - in reply to #18372)

Executive Member

Heaven forfend we should like money or want to live a life of luxury without having to work. If people are honest with themselves that would describe 99% of the population. Chanelle's only mistake was to say it out loud

As for the Victoria Beckham obsession there are a few people on this forum with a similar love of Aisleyne I'd imagine. She's a fellow fan, that's all.

She doesn't give me any impression whatsoever of being manipulative or fake with Ziggy. Ziggy over-analyses thiings but I don't believe he's faking it either.

I have my doubts on whether it will last outside the house but I have no doubts at all that it's a genuine affection and not remotely tactical.

I'm pinning my colours to the mast now - Chanelle to win

Regards

Julian

Edited by Julian 3/7/2007 20:53
Sid_1979
Posted 3/7/2007 23:28 (#18397 - in reply to #16274)

Don't agree Julian.

Some of us actually have ambition and want to achieve things in our lives and do something worthwhile. Can you imagine if we all pursued a celebrity lifestyle. Who'd treat the sick? Who'd teach our kids? Who'd look after the economy? We can't all live the life of Heat magasine and thank god there are those of us who don't want to!

She has no aspirations whatsoever, she's needy, petulant and extremely boring to watch.

But hey - I respect your desire to support her
PrincessRachel
Posted 3/7/2007 23:37 (#18399 - in reply to #16274)

Senate Member

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Chanelle is up! dont let her go!
Julian
Posted 4/7/2007 01:14 (#18408 - in reply to #18397)

Executive Member

Sid_1979 - 3/7/2007 23:28

Don't agree Julian.

Some of us actually have ambition and want to achieve things in our lives and do something worthwhile. Can you imagine if we all pursued a celebrity lifestyle. Who'd treat the sick? Who'd teach our kids? Who'd look after the economy? We can't all live the life of Heat magasine and thank god there are those of us who don't want to!

She has no aspirations whatsoever, she's needy, petulant and extremely boring to watch.

During the conversation she had initially about wanting to be a WAG she also mentioned that she would still want to do something productive, helping good causes etc.

If I won the lottery tomorrow I'd give up my job in a flash and wouldn't think twice about it. Are you really saying that wouldn't go for the majority of people in this country?

Or is it that she just wants to find a husband who will support her? Does that mean all the housewives of the country who aren't career women are somehow lacking? Is my Mum a sponger because Dad went to work and she stayed at home living off his money?

There have been articles from her friends about how she gave up her time at Christmas to visit her elderly neighbour and keep him company in hospital and how she went to his funeral. Her friend reckons she has a big heart and I agree. I think she clearly has aspirations. She's had enough ambition and determination to get onto BB and that's no mean feat in itself.

I agree she can be a bit childish at times. The magazines report that she had some problems when she was younger (reports of self-harm, attempted suicide, running away from her foster home after finding out her real Mother had been a prostitute murdered by one of her clients). It wouldn't surprise me if her tendency to get upset over seeming trivialities is linked to this somehow but, under the circumstances, she seems to be much more stable than her past would suggest.

She needs to snap out of the malaise she's in at the moment but she's been pretty ill recently which is probably the main reason for it but I don't suppose finding herself nominated will help.

For the most part I find her cheerful, funny, respectful of others, non-confrontational, fair-minded and perceptive and I love her diary room sessions. I remember a recent psychology show talking about how she was projecting when she accused Charley of vanity but she hasn't even bothered with makeup a lot of the time, lately, so I really don't see it myself

She's not without her flaws but, at heart, she's lovely girl.

In my humble opinion, of course

Regards

Julian
emptybox
Posted 4/7/2007 01:37 (#18409 - in reply to #16274)
Subject: RE: Chanelle

She's certainly the belle of the ball at the Sins party!!!

WOWEE!!!

harvestgoddess
Posted 4/7/2007 11:33 (#18422 - in reply to #18408)

Executive Member

Julian - 4/7/2007 01:14

Sid_1979 - 3/7/2007 23:28

Don't agree Julian.

During the conversation she had initially about wanting to be a WAG she also mentioned that she would still want to do something productive, helping good causes etc.

If I won the lottery tomorrow I'd give up my job in a flash and wouldn't think twice about it. Are you really saying that wouldn't go for the majority of people in this country?

Or is it that she just wants to find a husband who will support her? Does that mean all the housewives of the country who aren't career women are somehow lacking? Is my Mum a sponger because Dad went to work and she stayed at home living off his money?

There have been articles from her friends about how she gave up her time at Christmas to visit her elderly neighbour and keep him company in hospital and how she went to his funeral. Her friend reckons she has a big heart and I agree. I think she clearly has aspirations. She's had enough ambition and determination to get onto BB and that's no mean feat in itself.

I agree she can be a bit childish at times. The magazines report that she had some problems when she was younger (reports of self-harm, attempted suicide, running away from her foster home after finding out her real Mother had been a prostitute murdered by one of her clients). It wouldn't surprise me if her tendency to get upset over seeming trivialities is linked to this somehow but, under the circumstances, she seems to be much more stable than her past would suggest.

She needs to snap out of the malaise she's in at the moment but she's been pretty ill recently which is probably the main reason for it but I don't suppose finding herself nominated will help.

For the most part I find her cheerful, funny, respectful of others, non-confrontational, fair-minded and perceptive and I love her diary room sessions. I remember a recent psychology show talking about how she was projecting when she accused Charley of vanity but she hasn't even bothered with makeup a lot of the time, lately, so I really don't see it myself

She's not without her flaws but, at heart, she's lovely girl.

In my humble opinion, of course

Regards

Julian

Well said
maringo
Posted 4/7/2007 13:34 (#18436 - in reply to #16274)

A New Woman article on Chanelle's post-BB ambitions...

http://www.nwdaily.co.uk/CelebrityGossipView.aspx?id=3174
Sid_1979
Posted 5/7/2007 13:15 (#18553 - in reply to #16274)

Personally I don't see much difference between Charley and Chanelle. The former doesn't have a job and sponges off her wealthy friends and relatives whilst the latter is aspiring to do exactly the same. Both as bad as each other.
PrincessRachel
Posted 5/7/2007 16:38 (#18584 - in reply to #16274)

Senate Member

No way!

Chanelle never aid she doesnt want to get a job and she wont sponge of her mates!
Thats the biggest load of rubbish I have ever heard lol
they are nothing like each other
Sid_1979
Posted 5/7/2007 17:12 (#18592 - in reply to #16274)

Chanelle made it clear she want to marry a footballer for his money so she doesn't have to work - sounds pretty much the same thing to me lol

PrincessRachel
Posted 5/7/2007 17:51 (#18600 - in reply to #16274)

Senate Member

No she didnt! she waid she wants t be a WAG... she never said she didnt want to work
Julian
Posted 5/7/2007 19:16 (#18604 - in reply to #18600)

Executive Member

PrincessRachel - 5/7/2007 17:51

No she didnt! she waid she wants t be a WAG... she never said she didnt want to work

Precisely.

Let's not add 1 and 1 to make 4 here. I get the feeling that Charley thinks the world owes her a living but I don't get that impression from Chanelle at all.

If she were spending all her time going to celebrity parties and throwing herself at footballers then she might deserve censure but just saying she wants to be a WAG is like me saying I want to win the lottery. It's just wishful thinking not a life-style choice!

Regards

Julian
Sid_1979
Posted 5/7/2007 19:23 (#18606 - in reply to #16274)

You'll never convince me!

My impression of Chanelle deteriorates daily. All she does is throw Nikki-style tantrums, break up with Ziggy, gets back together with him, and the cycle repeats itself. She's not entertaining and she's not original. She's like a wet weekend.

Edited by Sid_1979 5/7/2007 19:24
harvestgoddess
Posted 5/7/2007 22:51 (#18612 - in reply to #16274)

Executive Member

Agree to a certain point that she does at time seem to almost immitate the toxic brat but then so do many of the others i think with a fair few of them this year they have displayed charateristics of other previous housemates .
But when it really comes down to it i find chanelle caring and just a normal nice pleasant young woman i dont see any simalarities to her and charley , charley just goes around sh!t stirring and is so self centred i find it astounding they got all those housemates AND her big ego all in the house !!!
Julian
Posted 5/7/2007 23:53 (#18621 - in reply to #18606)

Executive Member

Sid_1979 - 5/7/2007 19:23

You'll never convince me!

My impression of Chanelle deteriorates daily. All she does is throw Nikki-style tantrums, break up with Ziggy, gets back together with him, and the cycle repeats itself. She's not entertaining and she's not original. She's like a wet weekend.

She's not as selfish as Nikki and she's much more insightful.

She has certainly never broken up with Ziggy. I think she's incredibly smitten with him, actually. Ziggy is the one blowing hot and cold all the time. I think she is looking at the relationship much more seriously than Ziggy is.

Having said that, I agree with Aisleyne in feeling sorry for Ziggy. He has got himself into a no win situation at the moment. He really cares for her and needs her in the house but, at the same time, he's not sure she's right for him on the outside world. He can't break it off without humiliating and hurting Chanelle and making his life in the house even more unbearable and he's not sure if he wants to break it off anyway without at least giving it a go on the outside.

In the meantime she's completely oblivious to the little hints he drops. She's completely star struck, as far as I can see, to the extent that she almost has no will of her own half the time

As much as they are two of my favourite characters they are both dragging each other down at the moment as far as the show is concerned

Still, there's plenty of time yet. If she stays this week I think they might both start to relax a bit more and show the rest of the public what I like about them

Regards

Julian
Sid_1979
Posted 6/7/2007 13:00 (#18636 - in reply to #18612)

harvestgoddess - 5/7/2007 22:51

Agree to a certain point that she does at time seem to almost immitate the toxic brat but then so do many of the others i think with a fair few of them this year they have displayed charateristics of other previous housemates .

Yes good point - I think we're reaching that point now where we've had so many Big Brothers that housemates are beginning to repeat themselves. Chanelle just doesn't scream "winner" to me though. Maybe she'll grow on me.....lol
Sid_1979
Posted 6/7/2007 13:05 (#18637 - in reply to #18621)

Julian - 5/7/2007 23:53

She has certainly never broken up with Ziggy. I think she's incredibly smitten with him, actually. Ziggy is the one blowing hot and cold all the time. I think she is looking at the relationship much more seriously than Ziggy is.

Having said that, I agree with Aisleyne in feeling sorry for Ziggy. He has got himself into a no win situation at the moment. He really cares for her and needs her in the house but, at the same time, he's not sure she's right for him on the outside world. He can't break it off without humiliating and hurting Chanelle and making his life in the house even more unbearable and he's not sure if he wants to break it off anyway without at least giving it a go on the outside.

In the meantime she's completely oblivious to the little hints he drops. She's completely star struck, as far as I can see, to the extent that she almost has no will of her own half the time

As much as they are two of my favourite characters they are both dragging each other down at the moment as far as the show is concerned

Still, there's plenty of time yet. If she stays this week I think they might both start to relax a bit more and show the rest of the public what I like about them

Regards

Julian

I really question whether Chanelle and Ziggy care deeply for one another. I think they care more about how they can use their partnership to pursue a celebrity lifestyle once they leave the house.
Julian
Posted 7/7/2007 01:36 (#18736 - in reply to #18637)

Executive Member

I really enjoyed that eviction

I watched it on live streaming for a few hours before I watched the highlight show so I got to see the whole reaction. Chanelle was gob-smacked, Ziggy and Gerry were beside themselves with glee. Brilliant

Regards

Julian
PrincessRachel
Posted 7/7/2007 11:39 (#18742 - in reply to #16274)

Senate Member

So glad she's stayed... but Zak is realy starting to get on my nerves now, he does somehing and then turns it around like its Chanelle's fault and makes her feel bad! I think if he goes then we will see alot more of a fun side to Chanelle - but she does realy like him so i want him to stay. I still like him butit annoys me how he always twists things so Chanelle looks bad
Jump to page : < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... >
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread