You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Forum

Chanelle
Moderators: Admin, Moderators

Jump to page : < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... >
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General -> Big Brother & OthersMessage format

Julian
Posted 3/6/2007 21:07 (#16274)
Subject: Chanelle

Executive Member

Last night's live streaming showed an interesting conversation between Chanelle and Ziggy. Chanelle is pretty sure she won't make it past week 4 or 5 as she doesn't think she's as interesting as a lot of the others. She doesn't want to go in week one but all she's really looking for from the experience is a bit of fun being famous for a few weeks then go back to her A-levels so she can go on and take a degree in linguistics.

I think she meant it too :D

I'm actually really liking Chanelle at the moment.

Regards

Julian

Top of the page Bottom of the page
PrincessRachel
Posted 4/6/2007 20:11 (#16321 - in reply to #16274)
Subject: Re: Chanelle

Senate Member

woooo! Go Chanelle!
I luv Chanelle, partly cos shes from Wakey but I like her before I knew that anyway
emma*the*bird
Posted 17/6/2007 16:43 (#17020 - in reply to #16274)

She's too stuck up for me.
emptybox
Posted 17/6/2007 17:56 (#17022 - in reply to #16274)
Subject: RE: Chanelle

I still think she's a lovely girl, and the best looking one this year.
Julian
Posted 17/6/2007 18:32 (#17023 - in reply to #17020)

Executive Member

I don't find her at all stuck up

She said early on she expects to last until about week three or four. She was surprised she wasn't up for nomination the first time round and I've seen her not bothering with makeup on several occasions.

Ziggy doesn't like stuck up people so there's no way he would have gravitated towards her if she was stuck up.

Did you see on BBLB, she rated joint highest IQ in the house (along with Jerry and Seany)

She apparently scored 114 which is in the high average range.

Regards

Julian
Odm
Posted 17/6/2007 21:10 (#17027 - in reply to #16274)

I dont mind Chanelle from what I saw of her in the Diary Room...I think she needs to stop modelling herself on Posh though. Chanelle has to develop her own character and not rely on being a lookalike. Its so naff...overall, she is a pretty girl and she has some morals....though I think shes playing with the posh and becks thing in respect of her and Ziggy..god damm that guy is so ugly, poor old Davy Beckham..
Sid_1979
Posted 17/6/2007 22:16 (#17029 - in reply to #16274)

Well I think tonight's show confirmed how contrived "Chiggy" is. Neither Ziggy nor Chanelle come across as remotely sincere to me. And my follow psychologist on the programme preceding the main show agreed.

Get em out!
Sid_1979
Posted 17/6/2007 22:21 (#17030 - in reply to #16274)

Oh and Chanelle scoring highly on the IQ test and then playing dumb in the house speaks volumes. She is simply morphing into previous housemates like Helen and Jade who were extrememly popular. Her facade is beginning to slip.
emptybox
Posted 17/6/2007 22:37 (#17031 - in reply to #16274)

What I saw on Highlights were two people who had an attraction to each other, who like each other, but who have perhaps taken things further than they would in the outside world, and are now reassessing the situation.
Perhaps they'll cool it a bit from now on? Who knows?

I don't see Chanelle playing dumb at all? She shows that she's got her head screwed on.
An IQ of 114 is hardly Mensa material, in any case.

Julian
Posted 18/6/2007 00:25 (#17043 - in reply to #17031)

Executive Member

emptybox - 17/6/2007 22:37
I don't see Chanelle playing dumb at all? She shows that she's got her head screwed on.
An IQ of 114 is hardly Mensa material, in any case.

Precisely. Where's this playing dumb stuff coming from?

As for the psychology show. If there's one thing that the psychology shows have shown over the years it's that the psychologists haven't got a clue what they're talking about

I couldn't believe that nonsense about trying to assess Seanie by what he said about his imaginary friend. That story had no bearing on the truth behind Seanie's feelings at all. It was along the lines of his earlier demands for a Lake and a puppy. He was having a laugh and spinning a tall tale for his own amusement (and possibly the viewers' amusement). Treating it as a serious scientific analysis was almost as ludicrous as trying to read hidden meaning into Nikky's desire to have a blue Squarepants instead of a yellow one. She was just making a joke!

As with all of the pyshcologist comments when trying to assess what the housemates are thinking it boils down to interpretation. Anyone can see that Ziggy hesitated over his answer but there are a hundred reasons why he might do that that have nothing whatsoever to do with the suggestion that it's all a cynical ploy to garner favour with the viewers.

Last week the behavioural psychologist looked at Ziggy putting his head in his hands when Jerry entered and concluded that it was because he was relieved that a gay man wouldn't be a threat to his relationship with Chanelle.

But Ziggy's comment straight after that was to turn to Carole and say "just my luck".

That was in the clip that the psychologist used as evidence and yet the comment shows that it was actually despair (actually mock despair) over Jerry's entrance, not relief. If the psychologist had been watching the live feed more closely they would have realized that Ziggy was desparate to have some heterosexual men in the house so that they could start pairing up with the other girls and take the pressure off of him and Chanelle being the only couple.

Regards

Julian
Sid_1979
Posted 18/6/2007 12:51 (#17076 - in reply to #16274)

Speaking as a psychologist myself, I can assure you that the conclusions we come to are not on the back of some whim, but are the result of detailed and rigorous analysis.

The tests administered on the housemates are widely used in Clinical Psychology, and unless you are an expert in the field I think it's a little bit unfair to dismiss them as a load of rubbish.

Personally, I've read about and studied a great deal of research which has repeatedly shown that a person's sense of humour and imagination can be reliable and valid indicators of inner feelings and motives.

Edited by Sid_1979 18/6/2007 12:52
Off_Da_Endz
Posted 18/6/2007 13:15 (#17080 - in reply to #16274)

I don't really like her. She's far two-faced for my liking.
Julian
Posted 18/6/2007 19:35 (#17104 - in reply to #17076)

Executive Member

Sid_1979 - 18/6/2007 12:51

Speaking as a psychologist myself, I can assure you that the conclusions we come to are not on the back of some whim, but are the result of detailed and rigorous analysis.

The tests administered on the housemates are widely used in Clinical Psychology, and unless you are an expert in the field I think it's a little bit unfair to dismiss them as a load of rubbish.

Personally, I've read about and studied a great deal of research which has repeatedly shown that a person's sense of humour and imagination can be reliable and valid indicators of inner feelings and motives.

Sorry, I missed the bit where you mentioned you were a psychologist. Nothing personal

In any case I wasn't dissing psychologists in general. Nor the science, for that matter.

At the end of the day, however, the science is still just a series of tell-tales which have to be interepreted and the interpretation is just as prone to human error or predisposition as any other viewer's subconcious intuition.

There's no telling what footage any given psychologist has actually seen and I think some of them betray a lack of proper knowledge of the housemates with their conclusions.

If the psychologist in question had been interpreting Seany's imaginary friend on the basis of "look how he likes to use humour to hide his real feelings" that would be credible. However, she gave every indication of believing that Seany was actually trying to answer the quesiton seriously which, from what I've seen of him, is highly unlikely. His willingness to sacrifice his place in the house for his imaginary friend was apparently a sign of how deeply he felt for some real person outside the house. Knowing his propensity for spinning tall tales and winding people up I expect the passion with which he spoke about this friend was a complete fabrication.

Similarly, some of the clips of Ziggy would have been taken by a psychologist on a previous show and used to point out how the telltale sign of telling the truth when he tells her he's attracted and would like to see her outside the house is that he looks her in the eyes when he says it whereas a liar would subconciously look away.

The hesitation in the clip they showed could mean all sorts of things and to imply that it means that it's designed to garner favour with the viewers is, IMO, unprofessional and prejudicial.

Most of the psychological tests they run on the housemates are also highly suspect (as last year proved). Many housemates aren't trying to answer these things properly at all. It's a very bad basis for drawing conclusions (just look at Aisleyne and the Mach test). In one program they explain how her high mach means she's a manipulative schemer who will trample over any one to get her own way and when she turns out to be popular they get a psychologist to say that it actually just means that she's shrewd and adaptable

As far as I'm concerned the psychologists on BB have been proved wrong time and again. I don't think they're showing their profession in a particularly good light

Regards

Julian
PrincessRachel
Posted 21/6/2007 15:44 (#17261 - in reply to #16274)

Senate Member

Chnelle is just the best lol
maringo
Posted 29/6/2007 18:30 (#17775 - in reply to #16274)

New Woman have done a feature on Chanelle's illness...

http://www.nwdaily.co.uk/CelebrityGossipView.aspx?id=3097

There's also a Chiggy poll.
sophie
Posted 29/6/2007 18:33 (#17776 - in reply to #16274)

theres this girl at my work..and she sounds just like chanelle!! it is soooooooooo annoyin!! lol
PrincessRachel
Posted 29/6/2007 19:01 (#17778 - in reply to #16274)

Senate Member

are you saying you dont like are accent lol! cos nieter do i lmao!
I got worried when I read ther 1st bit of that about her leaving then
maringo
Posted 1/7/2007 13:46 (#18087 - in reply to #16274)

Another New Woman article on Chanelle...

http://www.nwdaily.co.uk/CelebrityGossipView.aspx?id=3119
harvestgoddess
Posted 1/7/2007 18:16 (#18132 - in reply to #16274)

Executive Member

I like chanelle she is nice and pretty down to earth the only thing that puts me off her abit is the wanting to be like posh and the wag stuff , i can also see how her being loved up so much would annoy others in the house but she is a nice girl all in all :D
PrincessRachel
Posted 1/7/2007 18:18 (#18133 - in reply to #16274)

Senate Member

wooooooo! Chanelle has another fan (kinda) lol
harvestgoddess
Posted 1/7/2007 18:23 (#18135 - in reply to #16274)

Executive Member

she is my fave female apart from carole who is my top female at the moment she just makes me laugh :D
PrincessRachel
Posted 1/7/2007 18:35 (#18138 - in reply to #16274)

Senate Member

i've got a Chanelle forum if you want to join?
(haha BoldJohn dont even say anything lol)
harvestgoddess
Posted 1/7/2007 18:54 (#18142 - in reply to #16274)

Executive Member

Thanks PR i promise il take a look soon x
PrincessRachel
Posted 1/7/2007 19:15 (#18144 - in reply to #16274)

Senate Member

thnx!
emma*the*bird
Posted 3/7/2007 19:17 (#18354 - in reply to #16274)

The girl is very false. I don't like her. She has one thing in mind and that is the money from her clearly fake relationship with Ziggy. Don't buy into it. It'll be over before you can snap your fingers and as soon as they've cashed in.
Jump to page : < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... >
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread