You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Forum

I'm boycotting BB until they replace Davina!
Moderators: Admin, Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General -> Big Brother & OthersMessage format

yoda
Posted 1/6/2007 20:29 (#16143)
Subject: I'm boycotting BB until they replace Davina!

Hi Guys,

You will all have to do me a favour and keep me posted if anything (or anyone) really intersting happens in BB8, as I am boycotting it!

It is for two reasons really: Firstly, due to the treatment of Aisleyne and Shilpa, and secondly, because Davina McCall still has a job!

I really dont trust Davina. I just get a feeling she really disliked Aisleyne and she thinks that Jade Goody should be let back into "celebrity" life and we should all forgive her and get off her back!

Cant stand her (or the dreadful eviction crowd chavs).

So let me know if there are any potential successors to Aisleyne's Queen of the House crown guys !!

Edited by yoda 1/6/2007 20:31
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Odm
Posted 1/6/2007 21:50 (#16146 - in reply to #16143)
Subject: Re: I'm boycotting BB until they replace Davina!

Hi Yoda...there are no potential contenders to Aisleynes crown..trust me...and if that changes..I certainly will let you know..not that I will watch this bunch every night...
PrincessRachel
Posted 1/6/2007 22:13 (#16147 - in reply to #16143)

Senate Member

you wont be watching for a few BB's then, aparently they are doing atleast til BB11 and DAvina is presenting - aparently
boldjohn
Posted 1/6/2007 23:03 (#16150 - in reply to #16143)
Subject: RE: I'm boycotting BB until they replace Davina!

Executive Member

yoda - 1/6/2007 20:29

Hi Guys,

You will all have to do me a favour and keep me posted if anything (or anyone) really intersting happens in BB8, as I am boycotting it!

It is for two reasons really: Firstly, due to the treatment of Aisleyne and Shilpa, and secondly, because Davina McCall still has a job!

I really dont trust Davina. I just get a feeling she really disliked Aisleyne and she thinks that Jade Goody should be let back into "celebrity" life and we should all forgive her and get off her back!

Cant stand her (or the dreadful eviction crowd chavs).

So let me know if there are any potential successors to Aisleyne's Queen of the House crown guys !!

I'm the same as you yoda except I never watched CBB. Who's Shilpa?
Julian
Posted 1/6/2007 23:31 (#16164 - in reply to #16143)

Executive Member

yoda - 1/6/2007 20:29

Hi Guys,

Apparently 8 million people watched launch night. No amount of boycotting is going to make the slightest difference, IMO.

The way I see it, if you like the show watch it, if you don't don't.

I love the show. I think it's got off to a great start, I'm liking quite a lot of the people, I love the one man and 11 women thing and I think the logo is the best yet

Regards

Julian

Edited by Julian 1/6/2007 23:32
Odm
Posted 2/6/2007 15:42 (#16199 - in reply to #16143)

Im one of those who wont get to see very much of BB this year, but thats because I ditched the expensive channel tv package..lol...and still am a bit miffed about the treatment of Ais last year. However, time heals quite a bit and I did watch the contestants go in and was not awestruck. I think I am liking Laura - Carole and somehow I feel Tracey could do with a bit of support regardless of whether she is a woman or man ( Im honestly still not sure about that!). The house is very colourful and the Diary Room chair is amazing!

Davina annoyed me last year regarding Aisleyne..it definately did,nt seem natural the way she treated her, but already this year Davina is making me laugh..she is actually incredibly funny...so BB has its way again and makes a lot of us undecided about what we think.

I would just like to say that it would be excellent if Jonathan Leonard got another chance to go in this year...what does anyone else think...he would be brilliant...and as he did not really have much time in the house last year perhaps it is not impossible?

Edited by Odm 2/6/2007 15:44
PrincessRachel
Posted 2/6/2007 17:30 (#16204 - in reply to #16199)

Senate Member

Odm - 2/6/2007 15:42
Tracey could do with a bit of support regardless of whether she is a woman or man ( Im honestly still not sure about that!).

I'm sure its a man lol
dannyk
Posted 2/6/2007 18:55 (#16211 - in reply to #16143)

Davina is rubbish, and misled people on Paul O'Grady about the BB police investigation into Celebrity Big Brother. Her obvious dislike of Ash was appalling. The sooner she goes the better.
boldjohn
Posted 2/6/2007 22:30 (#16223 - in reply to #16211)

Executive Member

I understand that Davina's future as a BB presenter is a bit of a awkward subject for the producers at the moment Danny K.
Julian
Posted 2/6/2007 23:04 (#16226 - in reply to #16223)

Executive Member

boldjohn - 2/6/2007 22:30

I understand that Davina's future as a BB presenter is a bit of a awkward subject for the producers at the moment Danny K.

Given that they've doubled her salary this year I would say they're quite keen on keeping her

My Sister didn't like Aisleyne but I'm not about to disown her over it. Some people didn't see what we saw. Just makes us more perceptive

I think Davina's alright. Sometimes she doesn't quite get the interviews right sometimes she does. I suspect most interviews are dicated by the production team more than by Davina anyway.

Regards

Julian
boldjohn
Posted 2/6/2007 23:15 (#16227 - in reply to #16226)

Executive Member

I agree that it's the producers who dictate the format and questioning. Whilst I suppose many people like it, I have always felt that it spoiled a good programme. Perhaps I'm a bit odd. Apparently the producers have spoke out in support of Davina today, but have refused to answer questions about whether she will be presenting next year.
Julian
Posted 2/6/2007 23:24 (#16231 - in reply to #16227)

Executive Member

boldjohn - 2/6/2007 23:15
Apparently the producers have spoke out in support of Davina today, but have refused to answer questions about whether she will be presenting next year.

I think that's fairly standard if the contract for next year hasn't been negotiated yet. If it has, then there wouldn't be a question anyway

Regards

Julian
yoda
Posted 11/6/2007 20:07 (#16622 - in reply to #16164)

Julian - 1/6/2007 23:31

Apparently 8 million people watched launch night. No amount of boycotting is going to make the slightest difference, IMO.

The way I see it, if you like the show watch it, if you don't don't.

I love the show. I think it's got off to a great start, I'm liking quite a lot of the people, I love the one man and 11 women thing and I think the logo is the best yet

Regards

Julian

Hi Julian,

I'm not boycotting it to make a difference, I'm boycotting it because it will annoy the hell out of me, what with Davina, the Eviction Crowd chavs, and any bullying that is bound to happen again.

I'm boycotting it because I have begun to find it distressing TV, that's all.

By the way, taking your point about forgiving Davina for not liking Aisleyne in the same way that you forgave your sister for not liking her -- the point is, your sister didnt present the programme and did not therefore have to act in a balanced and unbiased way.

Davina failed dismally to do this, with her grotesque pro-Nikki and anti-Aisleyne bias (IMHO).

Anyway, at least I can watch the Wimbledon and Tour de France highlights at 9pm this year!!!!

regs

Yoda (still an Aisleyne fan but no longer a BB fan)
kowalski
Posted 11/6/2007 20:22 (#16624 - in reply to #16143)

Senate Member

for me BB has been iretrievably damaged by last year .

Most importantly their cynical and sadistic behaviour towards Aisleyne - every friday night for about 6 weeks she had to hear that beying mob outside , BB allowed the HMs to hear it knowing how much anxiety it would cause .
It broke their own fundamental rule of "no outside contact" .

I watched Ash become more and more paranoid and terrified every week . Ash is a strong girl but the one thing you can't fight is the unknown .
By the final day ash was in such a state (and I don't blame her) that she looked right on the edge of a nervous breakdown .

I watch BB , I like the basic format , but I would never vote again, and I would never defend it again , if they're capable of doing that to Ash then they're capable of a lot of other stuff we don't ever see .

k

boldjohn
Posted 11/6/2007 20:29 (#16625 - in reply to #16143)

Executive Member

I agree with your assessment of Davina, the crowds and the show itself yoda. I will interested to learn how the producers react to criticism of Davina. I wonder if she will be instructed to alter her presentational style. They might tell her to be more objective. After last year I'm really not that fussed. As far as I am concerned, Aisleyne is my Big Brother now .... if that makes sense.
Julian
Posted 11/6/2007 22:55 (#16640 - in reply to #16625)

Executive Member

I must admit the crowds have got really bad in recent years. I think it's cruel and unnecessary and often anything but the pantomime that Davina always insists it is.

I'm more angry with the crowds than with Davina or BB, though. I think it would be a bit much to start dictating to the crowds - not sure if it would work either - but it does spoil things when housemates start to know what the outside think of them and it can definitely influence things in the house.

Still, anyone who saw last year should now know that the crowd's chanting isn't always a good indication of how popular you are

Regards

Julian
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread