You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Forum

Digital Spy - Operation Aisleyne thread closed !
Moderators: Admin, Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Aisleyne -> General Aisleyne ChatMessage format

kowalski
Posted 1/6/2007 15:18 (#16135)
Subject: Digital Spy - Operation Aisleyne thread closed !

Senate Member

The
"Operation aisleyne " thread over at digital spy has been closed for going off-topic .

A couple of posts about BB8 , that's all , I've seen many threads over there go off-topic for ages and they stay open or get a reminder from mods .
and what about those threads where it's endless strings of posts saying :
"Of out now"
"have a good one"
"cheers"
"Bye"
etc. etc. etc.

I'm not happy about this . Operation Aisleyne has been the main thread for Ash fans , it's a legendary thread .

I have to say I'm suspicious about this.

k

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Odm
Posted 1/6/2007 15:49 (#16136 - in reply to #16135)
Subject: Re: Digital Spy - Operation Aisleyne thread closed !

I read that thread a lot myself...maybe they are attempting to get rid of last years housemate references?
warrior262
Posted 1/6/2007 16:05 (#16137 - in reply to #16135)

I liked reading that thread myself. I bet they were waiting for any excuse.
The Aisleyne Appreciation Thread is still there tho.
maq
Posted 1/6/2007 16:25 (#16138 - in reply to #16137)

My fave thread on DS too!

Have to say I'm also suspicious, often seems to be Ais fan's who get banned too.

Bet the annoying GAT thread doesn't get closed and that does go off topic too
Odm
Posted 1/6/2007 16:54 (#16140 - in reply to #16135)

...as another thought, it is Ais who ended up being most popular from BB7 and who has stayed in the limelight from last year...perhaps her presence on ds bb might eclipse the new ( quite boring at the moment) housemates threads?

Edited by Odm 1/6/2007 16:55
deeb
Posted 1/6/2007 18:33 (#16141 - in reply to #16137)

warrior262 - 1/6/2007 16:05 I liked reading that thread myself.

I bet they were waiting for any excuse.

The Aisleyne Appreciation Thread is still there tho.

I think your on the right lines, there, Warrior.

"... Winner of BB7" has been off-topic for 9+ months and probably niggled at everyone except Ash supporters.

If they'd closed down the real appreciation thread (OpAsh never was that, but the mods made allowances and most regular trolls were wary) for a few off-topics (with no warning given), I would have appealed that Ash was blogging BB8, therefore BB8 was ON-topic. However, no amount of BB8 discussion would enable Ash to win BB7 at this late stage.

The thread title defines the topic (at the mods discretion). With BB8 in full flow, it must get even more confusing to see "Operation A. - Winner" popping up when the named person isn't even a housemate.

I think they deserve congratulations for leaving it there for so long. They must have had a ton of complaints about it just like many of us might complain if we were facing this from the other side of the debate. I'll avoid re-working the thread title (by changing the HM's name) to make my point but I'm sure you can guess what I mean.

As you say, tho' - AAT has been there waiting for such an emergency.

deeb
Posted 1/6/2007 19:43 (#16142 - in reply to #16138)

maq - 1/6/2007 16:25 My fave thread on DS too! Have to say I'm also suspicious, often seems to be Ais fan's who get banned too.

I'd be quite enthusiastic about debating that misconception but I don't want to stray off-topic. I often (or usually) look for evidence of a rule-break and usually agree that a rule-break occurred.

What you say feels true, Maq, and probably is true but there are lots of contributory reasons that don't need to include biassed refereeing.

There are thread sections from supporters of other HMs which say that it's always us xxxxx fans who get booted - it's never them. ... etc. I've got a bookmark to several posts where repeated claims say that DS:BB is an Aisleyne Fan Site. ... and they seemed to be making a pretty convincing point, at that time (during BB7).

maq - 1/6/2007 16:25 Bet the annoying GAT thread doesn't get closed and that does go off topic too

That's a real appreciation thread, though and has relaxed rules. Warnings from DS Forum Support have been posted to that thread in the past.

The "Before Ni**i Noticed P*t*" thread was closed - restarted as BNNP2 and closed again, recently. Suspicious? - No - They split up ages ago.

I know I could be more sympathetic but I'd rather say what I believe.

maq
Posted 1/6/2007 23:00 (#16149 - in reply to #16135)
Subject: RE: Digital Spy - Operation Aisleyne thread closed !

Thanks deeb, I appreciate your honesty.
I think it's because I always considered that thread as more of the "appreciation" one and it was posted on more frequently. There were some good posts on there.
I know when people get banned they often argue that it was unfair but twice now I have been banned and my points were really very innocent and not offensive at all. I didn't direct them at anyone as far as I remember. But hey we will have to make the still existing Ais thread as popular as the old one.
warrior262
Posted 1/6/2007 23:06 (#16153 - in reply to #16135)

Just Read Ash is on Big Mouth Tonight 12.10am. Yesss.
emptybox
Posted 1/6/2007 23:14 (#16157 - in reply to #16135)

kowalski - 1/6/2007 15:18 The "Operation aisleyne " thread over at digital spy has been closed for going off-topic .

That's a bit of a buggle.

ofni
Posted 2/6/2007 00:57 (#16179 - in reply to #16135)

Given how many repulsive little slimeballs infest that forum (witness the thread about tonight's BBBM) I'm surprised any one bothers with it, quite frankly.
boldjohn
Posted 2/6/2007 12:52 (#16198 - in reply to #16149)

Executive Member

maq - 1/6/2007 23:00

I think it's because I always considered that thread as more of the "appreciation" one and it was posted on more frequently. There were some good posts on there.
I know when people get banned they often argue that it was unfair but twice now I have been banned and my points were really very innocent and not offensive at all. I didn't direct them at anyone as far as I remember. But hey we will have to make the still existing Ais thread as popular as the old one.

I also checked to see what maq had recently posted and couldn't find anything. I was banned after 6 days for being a previously banned user, when I have never been a member before. They haven't replied to any of my messages. Now that the Operation Aisleyne thread has closed, I've lost interest. I don't think they like Aisleyne fans.
Odm
Posted 2/6/2007 15:46 (#16200 - in reply to #16198)

boldjohn - 2/6/2007 12:52

I also checked to see what maq had recently posted and couldn't find anything. I was banned after 6 days for being a previously banned user, when I have never been a member before. They haven't replied to any of my messages. Now that the Operation Aisleyne thread has closed, I've lost interest. I don't think they like Aisleyne fans.

oh thats weird Boldjohn. I tried to register on DS BB and they sent me an email back saying I was a 'banned user' and I have NEVER EVER posted on their either or ever registered before... I did,nt understand that at all..
maq
Posted 2/6/2007 17:17 (#16202 - in reply to #16198)

Thanks boldjohn. I know who took me down, twice actually, and all I'd said was something about basing support on looks was shallow imo. I can see it happening again though as that particular person is liking "slender, young thing" Emily already! Lets just say at the moment I'm "veri" happy as said poster is banned!
Sorry I know this is off topic but I just wanted to gloat!
boldjohn
Posted 2/6/2007 18:31 (#16208 - in reply to #16202)

Executive Member

I don't judge anyone on looks either and used to get extremely bored by the obsession with physicality in BB coverage. My interest in Aisleyne is based entirely on her personality. ...... Honestly
maq
Posted 2/6/2007 18:39 (#16209 - in reply to #16208)

It's fine to find a HM attractive but it's not enough reason to want them to win.
I think Ais is incredibly lovely to look at but her personality is the thing that made her the best for me. I'm a straight female so obviously it wasn't shaggability that coloured my opinions
The only male I found attractive was Stu from BB5 but I thought he was dull personality wise so didn't support him.
I think Ais supporters are more intelligent than to be shallow anyway
boldjohn
Posted 2/6/2007 18:40 (#16210 - in reply to #16200)

Executive Member

Odm - 2/6/2007 15:46

oh thats weird Boldjohn. I tried to register on DS BB and they sent me an email back saying I was a 'banned user' and I have NEVER EVER posted on their either or ever registered before... I did,nt understand that at all..

I assumed that they got my IP address mixed up, but they haven't got the manners to reply to my messages. I've lost interest and ofni is right about some of the members.

Edited by boldjohn 2/6/2007 18:42
PrincessRachel
Posted 2/6/2007 21:55 (#16216 - in reply to #16198)

Senate Member

I don't think they like Aisleyne fans.

Or they could just not like you - I wouldnt blame them lmao, only joking
boldjohn
Posted 2/6/2007 21:59 (#16217 - in reply to #16216)

Executive Member

That's probably closer to the truth.
PrincessRachel
Posted 2/6/2007 22:00 (#16218 - in reply to #16135)

Senate Member

lmao!
boldjohn
Posted 2/6/2007 22:21 (#16220 - in reply to #16218)

Executive Member

I'm sure the Phoenix that was the Operation Aisleyne thread will rise again. It's a shame it wasn't allowed to continue and increase its post count further. I'm sure the Grace fans have something to do with it being closed.
PrincessRachel
Posted 2/6/2007 22:51 (#16224 - in reply to #16135)

Senate Member

lol well i dont even go on there
boldjohn
Posted 2/6/2007 23:17 (#16228 - in reply to #16224)

Executive Member

I don't think you're missing much Rachel, not that I'd know.
PrincessRachel
Posted 2/6/2007 23:22 (#16230 - in reply to #16135)

Senate Member

I did go on abit at some pont but not realy
deeb
Posted 3/6/2007 12:09 (#16247 - in reply to #16179)

ofni - 2/6/2007 00:57 Given how many repulsive little slimeballs infest that forum (witness the thread about tonight's BBBM) I'm surprised any one bothers with it, quite frankly.

Are you surpised that I (and others) didn't and don't want the anti-Aisleyne posters views to go unchallenged on the second most popular BB forum in the UK, Ofni? The 'slimeballs' would just take it over. Same goes for C4 site.

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread